Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    JZ95 wrote: »
    Gascharack wrote: »
    Calm down guys. The GET isn’t lost. Bacause if the investment we were able to play high ranks and get high rewards in arena and GA and TB and TW...

so if you say the GET is lost, you didn’t play the game right the last months. Ja, it’s a big surprise to take another 150 shards but it isn’t lost at all. And no one saved the GET without getting Malak to 7 stars, fall deep in arena and only wait for a meta shift which is far away...

If you had him 7* for a while then yes you don't deserve a refund on anything. If you unlocked him second time and you purchased most of the shards towards 7 stars or recently completed the grind then I think a refund is in order.

I'm just think it's a little hypocritical to see people who have had Malak at 7 stars gear 13 for ages acting like they are being wronged and deserve refunds of their tokens, because if they could turn back the clock knowing that this would happen, they would still end up spending the tokens for the competitive advantage Malak offered for so long, they wouldn't just wait all these months, sitting on a 5 star gear 11 Malak. So spare us with the drama please!

Sorry I have to disagree. Because the time to get him to 7* is almost the same as the time between 2 events (5 months of TB revenue). IMO, the best way to communicate on that topic is by telling us that the bug will become the rule and that, from today epic confrontations will always give shards. So the GET 1 currency issue with GAS or Malak (for those who unlocked him today for the 1st time) will be solved as well.
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    This seems to be their response regarding 5* unlocks

Instead of addressing the GET issue, they decided to punish people who get toons the first time further

It’s a very backwards solution and like others said, it should’ve rewarded GET imo

I don’t think this is a bug since this is the third time the event returned and on the second return it gave nothing so they changed the event this time around
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Calm down guys. The GET isn’t lost. Bacause if the investment we were able to play high ranks and get high rewards in arena and GA and TB and TW...

so if you say the GET is lost, you didn’t play the game right the last months. Ja, it’s a big surprise to take another 150 shards but it isn’t lost at all. And no one saved the GET without getting Malak to 7 stars, fall deep in arena and only wait for a meta shift which is far away...

If you had him 7* for a while then yes you don't deserve a refund on anything. If you unlocked him second time and you purchased most of the shards towards 7 stars or recently completed the grind then I think a refund is in order.

I'm just think it's a little hypocritical to see people who have had Malak at 7 stars gear 13 for ages acting like they are being wronged and deserve refunds of their tokens, because if they could turn back the clock knowing that this would happen, they would still end up spending the tokens for the competitive advantage Malak offered for so long, they wouldn't just wait all these months, sitting on a 5 star gear 11 Malak. So spare us with the drama please!

Haha. First off CG is going to most likely do nothing. But it's laughable that you think if you completed it the second time around, a refund is in order. Its everyone or no one. They arent going to pick and choose.

Let me guess, you unlocked him the second time around? Hypocritical much?

And yes, I think everyone or no one should get a refund. Players weren't given the option to decide if they wanted to spend GEC. They were told, 5* unlock. Then GEC. I'm sure some would have chosen to not spend GEC.

Ohh trust me, I am so happy that I got him 7 stars that I couldn't care any less about refunds. I do however feel bad about some people who got him to 7 or almost 7 stars recently. And yes I did get him up to 6 stars too, that's almost half the grind you are complaining about so that's that.

You seriously can't claim that you'd keep him at 5 stars for all these months and that you didn't get a huge benefit from g13 Malak for so long
  • Options

Haha. First off CG is going to most likely do nothing. But it's laughable that you think if you completed it the second time around, a refund is in order. Its everyone or no one. They arent going to pick and choose.

Let me guess, you unlocked him the second time around? Hypocritical much?

And yes, I think everyone or no one should get a refund. Players weren't given the option to decide if they wanted to spend GEC. They were told, 5* unlock. Then GEC. I'm sure some would have chosen to not spend GEC.

First off, I don't care what action CG chooses - either way, it will be entertaining.
    Second, your final sentence that "some" would have chosen not to spend...and thus some would have spent anyway explains precisely why a "one-size fits all" solution is problematic. At least from a "What is the right thing to do?" standpoint.
    Finally, all of that said, I do agree with you that CG will either do nothing (save for maybe shut down the event and post a statement) - or do an all or nothing "make good" of some kind. But even stopping the event now is problematic, because some people have already been able to play it for shards.

Either way, this just became a much more entertaining Friday than I expected. lol

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I've no problem that some do not have to spend GET to 7* Malak. I got him 2nd time round and spent my GET to 7* him but I've had the benefit of using him.
  • Options
    If this isn’t a bug then CG should say something about listening to the community’s concerns about locking these OP characters behind GET 1 currency. The entire SWGoH community should be furious about CG putting any characters behind that currency in first place.

Also, people that got a 7star Malak got exactly that. Now, they might’ve blown their hoarded GET 1 and now have to wait on GAS to 7star. What if CG allows shards to be rewarded starting the 3rd run of the event?

It is obvious that CG wants people to spend money and hide OP characters behind a highly needed currency for Gear, because their is a gear grind. They don’t want spending players or F2P’s to hoard currency.

I hope, and I don’t have much, that they will clarify why shards are being rewarded, and leave it. I have already faced several 7star R7 Malaks in division 2 and mine is stuck at 20/100 shards, because I used my GET 1 for gear rather than hoarding. So, I got what I spend resources for, just like those that spent their GET 1 to get a 7 star Malak. This simply evens things out. I had to wait on Malak, and those that got a 7star Malak, got what they paid for.
  • Options

You talk like we are all whales?

As a ftp, If I knew I could wait for malak to return again to get the rest I would not waste 58k GET tokens.

• Options
    Holy cow people, stop acting like this was intentional. It's obviously a bug, act like adults and give them a chance to fix it before you start accusing them of screwing you over intentionally.
  • Options
    Notworking wrote: »
    I've no problem that some do not have to spend GET to 7* Malak. I got him 2nd time round and spent my GET to 7* him but I've had the benefit of using him.

I'm sorry - calm, rational thought is generally frowned upon on the forums.

Generally, more acceptable methods of posting use: sarcasm, trolling, rage, metaphors about being struck in the face, misuse of the word "literally", hyperbole, f2p slamming whales, whales slamming f2p, conspiracy theories, attacking CG/EA, defending CG/EA and other generally distasteful internet behavior.

The good news is, there are literally hundreds of examples in this thread already to learn from. Have a great weekend.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

As a ftp, If I knew I could wait for malak to return again to get the rest I would not waste 58k GET tokens.

Well depends on whether you got him the first time or the second. If you are f2p then you must have went deep in your hoarded stash to get him, so what you're saying is that you would have just sat on him at 5 stars and never used the token waiting for the third time the event came around? Really after you went through all that trouble unlocking him the first time?

If you unlocked him the second time then perhaps you need read my previous comments because I said it very clearly that second time unlocks are very different than first time unlocks, some people just got him to 7 stars a few days or weeks ago and yeah in those cases I'm not against a refund.
  • Options
    Ephran wrote: »
    Holy cow people, stop acting like this was intentional. It's obviously a bug, act like adults and give them a chance to fix it before you start accusing them of screwing you over intentionally.

I think it is definitely a bug. However, we have to let CG know how displeased we are by this, or they won't know how much it upset the community.

I'm patiently waiting for their response here. They have been silent all week with the GAS uproar. This is very bad timing for this to occur.
  • Options
    Oh no boo hoo... don't like it you can always quit!
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options

You don't know that for a fact, nobody other the devs know if this is bugged or just how they decided to roll with this type of event. They have emphasized a lot on the fact that this is an epic confrontation event, not a legendary, not a hero's journey. It makes sense to lock it behind a paywall first, give people the choice to commit their GET if they want the benefits of the character at 7 stars, then give the same opportunity to the second time unlock and then make it free the third time.
  • Options
    The amount of gear you could have got from 76k in guild token currency vs the 2200 shard store converted Malek shards is HUGE!!!

Anyone that spent guild tokens to buy Malek shards should be really upset. Sadly it’s a game and we shouldn’t let games upset us so much with so much other real life things that worthy of being upset about.

I’ve said this before and I still mean it: whoever is in charge of the decision making at CG is doing a horrible horrible job. It’s almost like they’ve hired some young 20something straight out of college that has 0 experience in the gaming industry field.

76k guild tokens vs 2200 shard currency is a big big difference in the amount of gear a lot of players got screwed out of.

CG you keep punishing players for the choices we make!!! No wonder why people are quitting left and right. You deserve whatever backlash comes in the future!

It's 68400 for the whole Malak. 57000 for the 150 shards this is all about and these amount 2250 shardstorecurrency.
    Get your facts straight!

Well excuse me for forgetting how many guild tokens I spent to get him the 1st....it was months ago.

Since you got the numbers correct: 57000 guild tokens vs 2250 shipment tokens is still a huge difference in the amount of gear that could have been bought instead of being spent on males shards!!

You are hereby excused!

Better?

https://swgoh.gg/p/652761168/ This your account??

If so it’s probably best to stay out of the conversation.

If it isn’t well then you’ll just have to excuse me again.
  • Options
    Thing is once you 7 star him, you’re taking him to G13 immediately and throwing relics on him, that’s making CG money, no way they undo that...
  • Options
    The amount of gear you could have got from 76k in guild token currency vs the 2200 shard store converted Malek shards is HUGE!!!

Anyone that spent guild tokens to buy Malek shards should be really upset. Sadly it’s a game and we shouldn’t let games upset us so much with so much other real life things that worthy of being upset about.

I’ve said this before and I still mean it: whoever is in charge of the decision making at CG is doing a horrible horrible job. It’s almost like they’ve hired some young 20something straight out of college that has 0 experience in the gaming industry field.

76k guild tokens vs 2200 shard currency is a big big difference in the amount of gear a lot of players got screwed out of.

CG you keep punishing players for the choices we make!!! No wonder why people are quitting left and right. You deserve whatever backlash comes in the future!

It's 68400 for the whole Malak. 57000 for the 150 shards this is all about and these amount 2250 shardstorecurrency.
    Get your facts straight!

Well excuse me for forgetting how many guild tokens I spent to get him the 1st....it was months ago.

Since you got the numbers correct: 57000 guild tokens vs 2250 shipment tokens is still a huge difference in the amount of gear that could have been bought instead of being spent on males shards!!

You are hereby excused!

Better?

lol why?
    Because you are all this and that?
    Because you are a big spender or started ealier with the game than others?
    Thin ice my friend.. very thin.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

You don't know that for a fact, nobody other the devs know if this is bugged or just how they decided to roll with this type of event. They have emphasized a lot on the fact that this is an epic confrontation event, not a legendary, not a hero's journey. It makes sense to lock it behind a paywall first, give people the choice to commit their GET if they want the benefits of the character at 7 stars, then give the same opportunity to the second time unlock and then make it free the third time.

Would they miss such an opportunity for positive PR, though? If intentional, they would probably advertize it in advance as a way to address the whole GET situation with GAS. That said, I wouldn't mind this becoming the new norm. The only bad thing about it is that it came without warning, thus invalidating some people's investments.
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Well depends on whether you got him the first time or the second. If you are f2p then you must have went deep in your hoarded stash to get him, so what you're saying is that you would have just sat on him at 5 stars and never used the token waiting for the third time the event came around? Really after you went through all that trouble unlocking him the first time?

If you unlocked him the second time then perhaps you need read my previous comments because I said it very clearly that second time unlocks are very different than first time unlocks, some people just got him to 7 stars a few days or weeks ago and yeah in those cases I'm not against a refund.

First of all, I got him second time around.
    We knew the ONLY way to 7* malak was with GET tokens.

So while farming OR for DRs return I began to save GET tokens too.

Should I really be punished for that? For not using the currency they forced us to waste on him?

I know we don’t know if this really is a bug or not, but no matter what it feels like a punch to the face
  • Options
    Well I’m sure this is the first time CG actually listened to the forums. People where complaining that GAS required GET1 so easy fix to all the complainers was to eliminate a GET1 required toon by making shards available
  • Options
    “Think of this”I don’t see it a bug I see it as brilliant, think about the people that needed to save GET1 to 7* Malak. Which would prevent people from investing into GAS required characters if they don’t have the GET1 saved to 7* star him and make him relevant. The forum is flooded with people saying GAS isn’t worth investing in if he isn’t 7* G13R. Now if everyone can 7* Malak (who has probably ran it’s course as META). The next money grab is R3+ the GAS required toons. To me it seems like it’s a way to get more money by having people waste money on a soon to be no longer top META toon to shift purchases towards new META
  • Options

So you think there`s a possibility CG will let people without JKR activate MALAK ?????
    And that`s exactly what happened here.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    The funniest part about this is to see people who always defend CG, be shocked in disbelief about this. They cannot even comprehend the possibility that this is not a bug. This is going to expose the "unholy" alliance between the devs and some of the whales in this chat who seem more concern with keeping other players from being happy and succeding in the game than their own progress. How dare you give them Malak like this!?! Well you're used to being able to use your money for everything, you need to learn that you can't buy exclusivity every time. These are the same people who were thrilled to find out that Anakin was going to be a GET farm because that's going to slow down f2p even more and it won't affect them because they don't need tokens to buy gear, they just use crystals for that.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Notworking wrote: »

I'm sorry - calm, rational thought is generally frowned upon on the forums.

Generally, more acceptable methods of posting use: sarcasm, trolling, rage, metaphors about being struck in the face, misuse of the word "literally", hyperbole, f2p slamming whales, whales slamming f2p, conspiracy theories, attacking CG/EA, defending CG/EA and other generally distasteful internet behavior.

The good news is, there are literally hundreds of examples in this thread already to learn from. Have a great weekend.

Well people have a right to be upset though.

One of two things is going on, a bug that CG is going to have a fun time addressing, or a mechanic they never revealed and failed to release that cost people 70.3k GET1 tokens. Personally if I knew that this would be the case I wouldn’t have spent my GET1 on Malak and would’ve waited. I would’ve used that currency to save for GAS, or used it on gear to even just unlock GAS. I only recently got him unlocked at 7* so the gear would’ve been far more valuable.

CG is going to have a great time with this one I’m sure. I’m just siting back and waiting to see what excuse/reasoning/fix they have for this mess.
  • Options

Get your facts straight!

You are hereby excused!

Better?

lol why?
    Because you are all this and that?
    Because you are a big spender or started ealier with the game than others?
    Thin ice my friend.. very thin.

Why? Because you obviously don’t understand how this effects me and many other players. That’s why.

If you didn’t get malek the first time then you don’t understand the amount of gear we missed out on because we used guild currency on shards instead. I don’t come on these forums much, but one thing I don’t do is get into a conversation with someone when I don’t understand what they went through.

I didn’t post your roster to show a “I’m better than you” scenario....if that’s how you took it, well I don’t know what else to say.

Like I said, it’s probably best to stay out of the conversation, but that’s just me.
  • Options
    Dilanor wrote: »
    Unless you’re offering to give back all the Arena crystals, zetas, etc you earned from having a 7 star Malak on your roster since you spent the GET...

NP, our whole guild did two months of Hoth TB instead of GEO in order to manage to 7star Malak BEGINNING THIS WEEK....we freely offer to return everything we got during this three days, while having returned the results of two months of Hoth TB in form of GET1.....

thats your own issue not CG fault you chose to do TB and not Geo

You got what you deserved by going back to Hoth TB
  • MadDad_NewWarframe
    154 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This is the only game I know that doesn't have rollback for major bugs or incidents. Just roll back to 8am.

The trouble is refunds, false claims etc. Yes people lose their rng moments and t.war could be dealt with by awarding 1st places to all involved.

GAC could be restarted tonight as this round hasn't began fully.
  • Options
    Just looking for opinions from others on this.

CG states that they put gear and characters in the same stores to create a choice for players and resource management. While the malak event giving new shards seems to be a bug, should it be made the new norm?

Having spent the GET to 7 star the toon and seeing that now people are able to 7 star him without spending much if any, I'm completely okay with it.

It goes back to that choice, do you want to use GET to max him out asap or wait. I also like the implications of being able to replay these events down the road with payoff, shard shop currency, and as they dont happen often at all it doesnt seem like it's a ridiculous amount.

On the other end I could see where people have wasted GET and are now upset. Personally I'm not but curious if others in the community think it should be fixed, or if this really should be the way these confrontations should go.

Example: if you could only pass phase 1 of the GAS event it would take 3 recurring events before you would unlock him, which would be over half a year, and 6 events to 7 star him which is well over a year. Vs 2 events, about 4 months, if you full clear both times, or 1 event and use GET to make em useful.

I realize it's a bug, but believe it should become the thing with these major events. I'm no whale though so looking for input from the whales.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    85/100 and all I had to do was wait.

Not sure what to think....So I'll just wait for an official comment.