Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    icanectc wrote: »
    Just another thing cg won't comment on...

It's just now 7 am. This is what I'm talking about, calm down, act like an adult and let them get to work before you accuse them of not responding.

I live in California im up im at work...

You don't work for a small mobile gaming company that I would assume opens their doors at 8am genius.
  • Options
    @yungleballz

Yes I did say you should stay out the conversation after you told me stuff first. It’s only human to reply. But all is forgiven. I harbor no ill will toward you or anyone else here on this beautiful Friday morning.

I will leave my posts unedited as you have instructed. 3.2 million GP is definitely a roster you should feel proud of.

• Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Options
    It's cg's own fault. If he was a 7* unlock, like he should have been, everyone would be talking about how cool it is to get the free shard shop currency.
  • Options
    This Malak screw up is an EPIC fail on CG's part. To make sure everyone realizes the scale, this is the equivalent of CG giving a certain player base 1200+ stun guns for free........or 6 fully craftes stun guns including carbanti. This is HUGE!!!!!. But I'm not going to complain.....time to be part of the solution.

So I'll keep it simple. If you 7 starred Malak after the last event, you get 4 stun guns, if you 7 starred him between original and second event, you get two stun guns. There is value in leveling him earlier and everyone has to recognize that. So theres your solution.....simple and sweet
  • Options
    Cs99 wrote: »
    It's cg's own fault. If he was a 7* unlock, like he should have been, everyone would be talking about how cool it is to get the free shard shop currency.

Well, clearly it's CG's "fault" - whether it's working as intended or a bug. Just can't wait to find out which one. :popcorn:
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I am not ok... I also want the Christals I lost from arena because I couldn't beat a 7 stars Malak ....
    It's a P2W game and for once, you paid with a free currency instead of money; however, you already earned from it in Arena ...
  • Options
    ofjbw4n70hol.gif
  • Options
    STUN GUNS!!! YEAH!!!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Well, clearly it's CG's "fault" - whether it's working as intended or a bug. Just can't wait to find out which one. :popcorn:

It's clearly a bug. The question is what are they going to be able to do about it that is going to minimize the fallout. I'm just pointing out that if they hadn't made the stupid decision to make him a 5* unlock, this wouldn't be as big of a deal.
  • Options
    JKDude01 wrote: »
    Wait - you don't get to keep the crystals you were awarded in arena for all those months of having him? Certainly you're not suggesting that if you knew almost a year ago that you could take your 5* Malak to 7*, you would have waited? C'mon man - let's cool it with the made up drama.

ETA: I spent GET on Malak and certainly will NOT be demanding or expecting a refund.

Go preach elsewhere dude. Maybe we will meet up someday in GAC.....

Lol. Excellent response, keyboard warrior. So you really have no explanation as to why it would be "unfair" if it's working as intended. You just some how feel deserving of a refund despite having had the benefit of a "maxed" Malak for months? Okay. Cool. The entitlement is strong in this thread. :D

LOL. Yeah in looking at your lackluster roster you wouldn’t want to face me in GAC. Haha
  • Options
    I got him the first time and took me 6 months to get him to 7. Wont let me try again. Says I only have 4/5 characters
  • SkiAndTheForce
    19 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I like reading the comments saying whoever 7* him before the event should be reumbursed. It should be any body who ever spent GET to get his shards.

Not fair to a player who has him at 6* 90/100 to not receive anything... him too lost 60k worth of GET.
  • Options
    @yungleballz

Yes I did say you should stay out the conversation after you told me stuff first. It’s only human to reply. But all is forgiven. I harbor no ill will toward you or anyone else here on this beautiful Friday morning.

I will leave my posts unedited as you have instructed. 3.2 million GP is definitely a roster you should feel proud of.

It most certainly is. ;)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Chucke wrote: »
    I got him the first time and took me 6 months to get him to 7. Wont let me try again. Says I only have 4/5 characters

Did you swap some mods? You might be below the GP limit because of that.
  • Options
    I have a g10 malak I only upgraded for TB platoons and now they give it for free? I want my GET back ASAP.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    newbornFL wrote: »
    Still a bug.

And they either act quick now or have to remove all of it later. A quick exploitation warning and possible bans would do.

Possible bans? Why?
    I have 7 star malak, event is advertised four days prior to it becoming active. Leading up to the event I thought they would just be allowing us to play for fun. Event goes live and 75 shards show up as the reward. I complete both light and dark side event. What have I done wrong?
  • Options
    I like reading the comments saying whoever 7* him before the event should be reumbursed. It should be any body who ever spent GET to get his shards.

Not fair to a player who has him at 6* 90/100 to not receive anything... him too lost 60k worth of GET.

Totally agree with you here...anyone that spent GET to get Malak shards should have that currency reimbursed - if i'd know this was going to happen I'd have saved my GET for General Anakin. instead of getting him to 7* in about 4 months, 4 months behind everyone else who saved on malak shards that can now use that currency for GS (well, for those who got general anakin that is)
  • Options
    *68.4k 😉
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    most probably a bug,will be fixed.

The funny thing about this bug is that it’s going to reward people that hoarded their GET1 for GAS and waited on Malak. Now they’ll get malak an extra 150 shards and have to spend only 11.3k GET to finish him off compared to 70.3k GET to finish him off. Great 👍🏻

• Options
    50k GET1 coins for everyone that has 7* malak needs to be given
  • Options
    Moechenche wrote: »
    50k GET1 coins for everyone that has 7* malak needs to be given

How about 57k? That would be 150 shards worth of it.
  • Options
    miketo wrote: »
    Still a bug.

And they either act quick now or have to remove all of it later. A quick exploitation warning and possible bans would do.

Possible bans? Why?
    I have 7 star malak, event is advertised four days prior to it becoming active. Leading up to the event I thought they would just be allowing us to play for fun. Event goes live and 75 shards show up as the reward. I complete both light and dark side event. What have I done wrong?

Exactly. I think I was one of the few who enjoyed playing the Malak event, and played it through. And I was happily surprised when 75 shards were suddenly gifted to me. I'll take it and 7* him, but I didn't do anything other than enjoy an event.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Options

It's clearly a bug. The question is what are they going to be able to do about it that is going to minimize the fallout. I'm just pointing out that if they hadn't made the stupid decision to make him a 5* unlock, this wouldn't be as big of a deal.

I'm not sure this is a bug.

I made a post called Wind back in my sails. I made note when the event was viewable, that it looked like we could earn shards again.

They would have spotted this by now I think.

I think this is intended.
  • Options
    Am I the only one that thinks this is good? I got him first time, spent my GET and auto'd arena for months. For those that didn't have GET saved, they get to unlock him 7-stars the 2nd time around and use the extra shards for much needed gear. After GA$ I am out of everything and am ecstatic to receive all this free shard shop stuff. I hope this is intended that after you have cleared the event (light and dark) properly, the next time it comes you get free shard shop stuff. His meta is over anyway.
  • Options
    Well that was nice. Those extra 75 helped me 7* malak 😃
  • Options
    I just hope that if any “compensation” happens, the whole community equally receives it so players like me who haven’t even got both JKR and DR unlocked can benefit undeservingly! 😆
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    miketo wrote: »
    Still a bug.

Possible bans? Why?

You didn’t pay for those shards! That’s what you did wrong!

As compensation, all of your stun guns in inventory will be deleted and all stun guns on your characters will be removed. If this removes gear levels then you will have to deal with it. Good luck getting those stun guns back. CG reduces the gear crunch, so it shouldn’t be a big deal lol.
  • Options
    Player A takes malak to 7 stars using 57000 GET1 tokens. Receives 150 malak shards in the debacle, so receives about 2300 shard currency for gear.

Player B unlocks Malak to 7 stars using a combination of GET1 currency and a portion of the 150 shards from the debacle. They receive shard shop currency as well.

At this time, both player A and player B are now hoarding for GAS. Player A is likely slightly ahead in this endeavor. What has to be pointed out though is that player B has been brought a lot closer to player A in progress. Those that are Player A, like myself, probably feel a bit cheated. However, I can accept it for what it is.

Here is the solution though. Every iteration of the malak event continues to reward 150 shards. Now player A and B continue to get shard shop currency to help alleviate the gear crunch. Player C who has only unlocked Malak to 5 stars this appearance can now use their GET1 currency for gear knowing they will get 7 stars the next time around.

Now the best part. Apply the same 150 shard reward to the GAS event. Or, maybe if it is too generous give out 25 shards per phase for a total of 75 or 100 shards if you include phase 3 or not. Phase 3 gives you the toons would be why you may want to exclude it.