What Kinds of Data do Guild Officers Want?

Prev1345678
Hi folks,

In our Q&A today, we were asked what information the game can surface to Guild Officers to help them manage and plan their Guild's efforts. We've received many questions regarding tools for Guild Officers, (I recently compiled a list of tool requests from the community for the feature team and this is something that we are working on) but those features are still a ways off. In the meantime, there may be some shorter term solutions to showing Guild information in the client or on the web.

TLDR; What kinds of additional information could we surface that would be helpful to Guild Officers?

Thanks for your feedback!

Replies

• Mawat
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    History of territory battles stats

Tickets on a week base

In territory wars: who win/lost on which team
  • We can tell orders like what we can do in territory battle
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Daily tix, ability to remove a team in TW if wrongly placed/someone clicked a wrong toon....ability to change raid tix reset time

Also unit search for the guild in-game.
    Post edited by InyakSolomon88 on
  • 1. Ability to Review TBs after completing like we can with TW
    2. It was mentioned in the Q&A, but a breakdown of combats between ships and ground, as well as territory points split up between ships and ground.(TB)
    3. Tickets on a weekly basis would be fantastic!
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    1. TB Review Period
    2. Splitting up Fleet and Squad stats within TB especially. Fleet Combats and Squad combats per phase should not be in the same total.
    3. # of Platoon units assigned per phase (maybe someone is giving up 20 units to platoons in P1 and then not helping in P4, but still has a high total overall)
    4. Combat waves completed per phase of TB (should also be split up differentiating fleet and ground squads)
    5. Splitting the stats for Fleets/Squads in TW could also be useful for more hardcore guilds given that the wins for fleet are 2 more banners than wins for squads
    6. Seeing TW total offensive attempts.
    7. TW Offensive log. (Long press on a team to see who from your guild attacked a team, with what, and what the TM bars look like - were they filled partially or reset. This one would be harder obviously but very much needed to know about the TM bars for a team left standing)
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited January 2020
    1. Number of attacks per guild member in TW (Guild officers are doing Rogue Actions currently and it might report incorrect attempts at times)
    2. GP deployed by ships / squads in TB
    3. Who has attempted which combat mission or special mission in TB
    4. Who attacked X team in TW
  • Not necessarily just for officers, but sorting the guild people by name and stuff would help.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    1. Being able to see undeployed GP - broken down by fleet vs character GP
    2. Being able to see which players haven’t done a particular tb combat node
    3. Being able to see who attacked squads in a tw.
    4. Not data per se, but being able to block individual platoons/squadrons
  • Platoon assignment tool to designate particular assignments to particular players. Should not only allow that designate to fill it but allow us to label it for guidance.

TB review period with ability to see by name success of 1/4 thru 4/4 roster per mission node

TW attack and win tracking

Ability to drop a team placed in defense that did not meet guild requirements
  • Mawat wrote: »
    History of territory battles stats

Tickets on a week base

In territory wars: who win/lost on which team

+1 to all of these.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Sort by GP in Manage Guild screen (possibly total, ship, char; but just total is fine too). +1 to almost all of the above.

Ability to reverse the stats screens' order so we can see who hasn't done combats or deployed without scrolling to the bottom.
    Post edited by kalidor on
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    A functional chat
  • HTWarrior
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Being able to review each members ticket production on previous day; previous 7days; previous 30 days.
    Please let officers undo def deployments. We just lost a war because one player deployed teams below 40k GP in afield that was reserved for 100k+ squads.
    Also something like avg ranking in guild activity could be useful for hyperactive guilds.
    Also please up the character cap in basically all fields available to officers. Guild "front door", gold announcement bar and orders in TW/TB.
    Number of raids participated in; number of raids missed.
    Join date and avgt raid tickets per day.

And finally I know its not a data thing. But could you please take into consideration changing from an individual 600 tickets per person to cumulative guild wide 30k system. The upside for guilds is they can fill the gap when some player(s) need to take a day off and also for CG as you would see an uptick in refreshes and subesequently a higher demand to buy chrystals.
  • In TB, on the screen where I can view who has/has not done their combat missions, I can see how many total combat missions a player has done in each phase. But if it could be separate screens for ship combat missions, and ground combat missions, that would allow me to know who still needs to do the ship combat, and who still needs to do ground. I spent 2 hours DMing players last time to find out who forgot to do their ship CM.
    The same thing for the GP deployed screen. I can see how much total GP a player has given, but I cannot tell if it is ship GP, or ground GP. If if was separated out, I could know who forgot to deploy ships, and who forgot to deploy ground, making my life much easier when I am trying to track down that last little bit of GP for a star.
    I know those screens are available for all guild members. So it would not be just for officers, but nonetheless I figured this was a good thread in which to request this.
  • HTWarrior
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Raid tickets production in previous 1/7/30 days.

Donations in previous 1/7/30 days.

Review period for TB.

Customize the guild chat what notifications get displayed.

A higher character cap for all text fields officers can write in.

Join date/lifetime avg daily ticket production.

Number of raids participated in/missed

Avg place in guild activity.

Last on is not a data thing. Please take into consideration to switch from an individual 600 ticket sytem to a guild wide 30k ticket system. Advantage for guilds is to be more flexible when it comes to players taking a day off or going on vacation and also for CG as an uptick in demand for chrystals can be expected.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    1. Being able to see undeployed GP - broken down by fleet vs character GP
    2. Being able to see which players haven’t done a particular tb combat node
    3. Being able to see who attacked squads in a tw.
    4. Not data per se, but being able to block individual platoons/squadrons

I like these 4.
  • Make guild data like TB/TW stats, ticket production, and raid scores available via an API (SWGoH.gg perhaps?) so that we can create our own tools and bots.
  • In TB, "GP Deployed" isn't the same as knowing who has deployed. With varied GP within the guild, its often hard to tell who's actually left to deploy without sitting down and working it out- this adds more to officer roles than needs me. You could possibility click and hold on a specific combat missions (or have a Information button on it that you click), that lists every guild member who has (/hasnt) attacked, rather than just saying 45/50. If someone has deployed some key characters, we shouldn't be @'ing them to "finish their cm's" if they cannot.
  • Would you please give us a QOL update where officers get more statistics with which to run their guild. Such as character GP vs. Ships GP.

In TBs maybe some extra statistics such as: Character GP deployed per phase, Ships GP deployed per phase, fleet combat missions attempted, character combat missions attempted, etc.

Seriously going in and adding and subtracting everything by hand to see what we have left is extremely tedious.
  • Most of these are repeats.
    1. Being able to remove errant teams on TW defense
    2. Being able to review TB at the end, and with the extra data for each mission, platoon, and deployment
    3. Tickets and donations on a review per week
    4. Raid contributions for each team put in (this would allow officers to see attempts made by individuals, and to see how effective new teams could be)
    5. Being able to search for a specific character/ship the whole guild (for platoons)
    6. Able to designate specific platoons to avoid, and for individual character/ship slots to fill per player
    7. Reverse the scores for TW and TB in order to see who hasnt participated yet
    8. Being able to send messages to specific/all player inboxes (in order to help remind to attack/deploy and to join GAC)
    9. Ability to edit the chat notifications (so we can remove all G11 and lower character upgrade notifications)
    10. Ability to change guild reset time like a player's time reset
    11. And finally, being able to save commands from previous TWs and TBs (we have a specific TW defense set up, and the ability to transfer the same commands from on TW to another would be nice as we forget to set it sometimes.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    Most of these are repeats.

On this, its not a bad idea but i can see problems as well. for example, accidental removals, bias from an officer etc. Perhaps it can be done with a second approving officer, but that may require much more programming than necessary.
  • SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    -Ability for Leader/Officers to move platoon deployed characters at end of phases...
    That would help many smaller/less developed guilds maximize their potential. There have been many times when 5/6 platoons are filled, and charactets filling 5th platoon without benefit can be utilized to make a 6/6 in another sector.
    One irreversible move per each character at end of phase to prevent flip flopping for platoons. Limited to a certain # of characters, only available if an odd number of platoons is filled. If even number of platoons is filled-unavailable except for incomplete platoons, as to prevent cheesing and moving from 4/6 to another 4/6 to make 6/6 in sectors that affect several phases.
    -More space for command fields in TW/TB.
    -More space for guild announcement tab in chat.
  • There's a few things that I'd like to see:

For TB

- Split squad and fleet stats within TB
    per phase you should be able to see fleet gp deployed, squad gp deployed, fleet mission attempt, squad mission attempt, combat waves completed.

- Ideally I'd like to see when I click on a combat mission (both fleet and squad) who has done that mission
    Jjust show all members and a 1 or 0 behind their name. Currently it takes a lot of time to find that last 1 or 2 members that have not done a certain mission that can just give the last push to another star.

- Ability to block certain platoons from being able to donate to.
    E.g. block platoons 1 and 2 from a zone so members can only fill 3,4,5,6.

- Review period

For TW

- I'd like to see total offensive attempts per member of the guild. Currently we use rogue actions to see who did how many attempts but when 2 members try to battle the same team at the same time it'll give a false possitive.

- Battle log. See which member attacked which team in TW and which team they used. Also what the status is after battle (basically you dhould be able to long press on a team to show you a small battle log)
  • Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    Most of these are repeats.

On this, its not a bad idea but i can see problems as well. for example, accidental removals, bias from an officer etc. Perhaps it can be done with a second approving officer, but that may require much more programming than necessary.

They won't let players interfere with other player's playing style (which is what removing another person's team is). The sensible compromise that has been offered here multiple times, and would benefit GAC, is to is to allow the player that set the team to remove/edit it.
  • Same here

1.Lock Platoons/Battles in TB
    2.Remove/edit wrong Teams in TB
    3.Tickets from Players weekly
  • 1: Ability to focus/prohibit on individualnplatoons in TB.
    2: A log of each offense in TW with what team was used, what it was used against, and result.
    3: During review phase of TW, ability to click on each defensive team to see what was used to defeat it.
    4: I'd love for donations not to reset if a player leaves and rejoins the same guild.
  • 1. TB review period
    2. Distinction between Ship GP deployed and Character GP deployed per phase in TB
    3. Records of unsuccessful attacks in TW
  • The number 1 thing I would like to see is a TB review period.

That being said, I have created a set of tracking tools that I felt may be worth sharing to maybe spark some ideas with the Devs at what officers (at least myself) are looking at.

First, I track 7 separate aspects of guild participation: Tickets, Hoth TB, Geo TB, Pit Raid, Tank Raid, Sith Raid, and TW. I enter participation data into a spreadsheet and keep it to look back on the last 3 to 4 months worth of participation. It looks like this:

e39b5pnle1ic.png

Then, the spreadsheet averages out an individuals participation into another sheet where I can compare players overall numbers. It looks like this:

khcmqal0tfo1.png

For raids, I only care about how often players remember to sign up, I don't care what their scores are.

For TB, I have yet another sheet that compares how much GP they have deployed vs how much GP they have available, expressed as a percentage of total available GP, and then that is weighted by how many waves of combat they have completed vs how many total waves are available, again expressed as a percentage of completed waves. It looks like this:

fiocllghruce.png

Finally, for TW, I have one last sheet that compares the number of banners earned vs a players percentage of GP in relation to the guild as a whole. For example, if I have 2% of the guild's total GP, I should be able to produce 2% of the guild's total banners for a given TW. That would be a "fair" contribution imo. That sheet looks like this:

hb5z4iz7jmnr.png

We are a semi-casual guild moving towards being more competitive. We use these tools to evaluate players, and when we need to bring someone new in, we know exactly who to cut loose based on these participation numbers. I do not have these tools in a readily shareable way right now, but could possibly make some in the coming weeks if anyone is interested. Hope this helps!
  • For TB:
    1. Separate Fleet and Ground CM counter per phase. It's really hard to figure out who finished all CMs and who didn't if one of the zones closed early. If you can show it per zone, that would be even better.

For TW:
    1. Number of attacks done in addition to offense banners. We have to track it with rogue actions now and it's such a pain.
    2. Ability to remove a team from a zone during setup phase. There lots of reasons to do that.
    3. Ability to lock a zone and not permit even rogue actions.

That's about it.
This discussion has been closed.