New Bug? General Skywalker - after update gets an extra counter before entering Cover

Replies

• CrispyFett wrote: »
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    Sorry but this is not a bug / shouldn't be one.

GS Kit:
    "Takes Cover if he has 0% Protection AT THE END OF EVERY TURN"

For example:
    DR is attacking GS. GS drops to 0% Protection. (Turn is not over yet. A turn is over when another char is gaining TM / having a turn)
    GS should counter because DR is still in his turn. (It is a counter act to his turn but he is still at his turn)

I don't know why this is a bug tbh. For me it is working as intended.
    If they claim it as a bug they should rename the ability to "Takes immediately Cover if he reaches 0% Protection" and give everyone a compensation for that.

When he is countering it happens AFTER the end of the attacker’s turn, so this is a bug.

It should go...

You hit him. Your turn ends. He counters if he is still up, but if his protection is at zero then since a turn just ended he will take cover.

Regardless of anyone’s interpretation (yours is incorrect according to the designers of the game) it has worked this way since release, and players have spent and upgraded counter teams based on how it has been working. So kind of a disincentive to spend if that’s going to happen to screw up counters right after we’ve upgraded them.

Sorry to say that but a counter attack occurs if someone attacked. The turn does not end if you attacked or used an ability. The turn ends if everything associated with that ends. Otherwise a turn based game would make zero sense at all. Just add the wording "immediately" and its ready or just leave it so and clarify that a counter attack is still inside a turn from someone.

When a character is doing a thing... it is their turn.

When they stop doing that thing... their turn has ended.

Someone else doing a thing afterwards is not part of their turn... because it happens... AFTER.

Seems simple enough. Also the people that designed the game say you’re wrong. So... argue with them that they didn’t intend what they says they did.

Well, actually...counter attacks occur before the end of turn. For example, if you’re using DR and attack an opponent with retribution or some other means of counter and take that opponent below 50% health, the opponent will counter before death mark gets placed on the leader.

Key part of DR’s lead here:

“At the end of each turn, if an enemy fell below 50% Health during that turn, inflict Deathmark on the enemy leader for 1 turn. This Deathmark can't be copied, dispelled or resisted, or evaded.”

The way GAS was working is inconsistent with how other end of turn abilities work. It’s now working as the ability is worded. If CG wants GAS to immediately go into Cover when he loses protection then I believe they’ll need to change the wording of his leader ability to say immediately instead of end of turn.

Another example would be Barriss. She clears debuffs at the end of her turn. If she attacks someone that can counter, they will counter her attack and then the debuffs will be removed.

I don't think that this makes sense. If an attack brings a character to 0% health, they would die prior to counter-attacking even if they had retribution. The attacker's turn is over after they have attacked- the counter-attack is a new mechanism, not part of the original turn. With your reasoning, killed toons would counterattack before dying. Clearly it is not WAI right now because the developers consider it a bug and it only started happening after they fixed another bug.

Characters die immediately when they lose all health, not at the end of a turn. Not sure why you’re trying to use that as any kind of example. This is a turn based game. Everything happens within a turn. Counter attacks happen within the turn of the toon that triggered the counter attack. Bonus attacks happen within the turn of the toon that triggered the bonus attack. I provided examples that I tested for other end of turn abilities. GAS was not working the way other end of turn abilities worked. Now he does. That cannot be disputed. What CG does with it is up to them but they should either leave it as it is now so it works as the ability is written or they should make it work like it was before and change the ability text.
  • have to say, if you're NOT running a general skywalker squad now, you'll probably notice that you fall back in ranks overnight way more than you did just a few days ago. People who might otherwise attack a General Skywalker because they're in the best spot to climb on will opt even going 3 ranks back to hit something that is NOT a General Skywalker in order to creep forward because fighting General Skywalkers is such a mess right now.
    People just run a train on me the last few days.
    I'm being passed around like a joint.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    edited February 2020

GS Kit:

For example:
    DR is attacking GS. GS drops to 0% Protection. (Turn is not over yet. A turn is over when another char is gaining TM / having a turn)
    GS should counter because DR is still in his turn. (It is a counter act to his turn but he is still at his turn)

If they claim it as a bug they should rename the ability to "Takes immediately Cover if he reaches 0% Protection" and give everyone a compensation for that.

When he is countering it happens AFTER the end of the attacker’s turn, so this is a bug.

It should go...

You hit him. Your turn ends. He counters if he is still up, but if his protection is at zero then since a turn just ended he will take cover.

Regardless of anyone’s interpretation (yours is incorrect according to the designers of the game) it has worked this way since release, and players have spent and upgraded counter teams based on how it has been working. So kind of a disincentive to spend if that’s going to happen to screw up counters right after we’ve upgraded them.

Sorry to say that but a counter attack occurs if someone attacked. The turn does not end if you attacked or used an ability. The turn ends if everything associated with that ends. Otherwise a turn based game would make zero sense at all. Just add the wording "immediately" and its ready or just leave it so and clarify that a counter attack is still inside a turn from someone.

Someone else doing a thing afterwards is not part of their turn... because it happens... AFTER.

Seems simple enough. Also the people that designed the game say you’re wrong. So... argue with them that they didn’t intend what they says they did.

Nope. It is coded like I said.
    For example DR as a lead. He'll inflict deathmark if an enemy fall below 50% health at the end of each turn.
    If you attack anyone to under 50% health, the person will counter attack and after that the deathmark will apply (once another character is starting the turn).

If it is working like you said, deathmark should apply before the counter attack.
    That is why the bug from GS is correct. If they fix it they need to change the description of the ability.

And please tell me who designed the game and say that I am wrong?
  • Akenno wrote: »

GS Kit:

For example:

It should go...

For example DR as a lead. He'll inflict deathmark if an enemy fall below 50% health at the end of each turn.
    If you attack anyone to under 50% health, the person will counter attack and after that the deathmark will apply (once another character is starting the turn).

If it is working like you said, deathmark should apply before the counter attack.
    That is why the bug from GS is correct. If they fix it they need to change the description of the ability.

Uh, no.
    They get deathmark when the character that did the damage that put someone under 50% ends THEIR turn. Not when the enemy leader takes a turn or counterattacks. If you play Padme with JKA and the appropriate Zetas you'd understand. Padme's TM can be nowhere near full, get dropped to 50% by a few attacks, deathmark will apply even though she hasn't taken a turn, then Anakin will get a bonus turn, then Padme will get a bonus turn, and at the end of that turn, she will lose deathmark.
    If you had to wait for her to take a turn to APPLY death mark, then she wouldn't be able to use JKA's zeta to get rid of death mark, which is one of the reasons she is a counter to Darth Revan in the first place, she can bypass fear, and she can get rid of death mark by taking a bonus turn. Otherwise if it worked the way you claimed, she would likely die before she could get rid of death mark and JKA's zeta would be detrimental to her.
  • OK ... so should GAS even counter on stun or anihilate?
  • kiar1404 wrote: »
    OK ... so should GAS even counter on stun or anihilate?

Annihilate instantly defeats. Can’t counter if you’re defeated. And no, if he’s stunned he wouldn’t be able to counter attack. He’s tough to land debuffs on though. Stun and annihilate really have nothing to do with the conversation around end of turn though.
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Malevolan wrote: »

GS Kit:

For example:

It should go...

Uh, no.
    They get deathmark when the character that did the damage that put someone under 50% ends THEIR turn. Not when the enemy leader takes a turn or counterattacks. If you play Padme with JKA and the appropriate Zetas you'd understand. Padme's TM can be nowhere near full, get dropped to 50% by a few attacks, deathmark will apply even though she hasn't taken a turn, then Anakin will get a bonus turn, then Padme will get a bonus turn, and at the end of that turn, she will lose deathmark.
    If you had to wait for her to take a turn to APPLY death mark, then she wouldn't be able to use JKA's zeta to get rid of death mark, which is one of the reasons she is a counter to Darth Revan in the first place, she can bypass fear, and she can get rid of death mark by taking a bonus turn. Otherwise if it worked the way you claimed, she would likely die before she could get rid of death mark and JKA's zeta would be detrimental to her.

Think you sorta misunderstood. What he meant is if you're using DR and you bring, say, Padme to <50% health, but she has Retribution (from GK), she counters first and then Deathmark applies.

Edit: After Deathmark is applied, Anakin's bonus turn is triggered and if zeta'd, Padme gets a bonus turn too.
  • Malevolan wrote: »

GS Kit:

For example:

It should go...

Uh, no.

You didn’t read what was written at all. The post said nothing about death mark applying at the beginning of Padme’s turn. It applies at the end of the turn of the toon that caused someone on Padme’s team to go below 50% health. That’s why Padme is able to clear it so quickly with the bonus turn from JKA’s zeta.
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    kiar1404 wrote: »

Annihilate instantly defeats. Can’t counter if you’re defeated. And no, if he’s stunned he wouldn’t be able to counter attack. He’s tough to land debuffs on though. Stun and annihilate really have nothing to do with the conversation around end of turn though.
    Annihilate - yes ... but where is the differenze between Stun and "revoving all protection".
    Stun is a debuff that ist applied immediately after hit. Counter will trigger but cannot because GAS cannot move.
    Protection is removed -> GAS has to sit down (it is still the attacker's move). A sitting GAS cannot counter.
  • kiar1404 wrote: »

Annihilate - yes ... but where is the differenze between Stun and "revoving all protection".
    Stun is a debuff that ist applied immediately after hit. Counter will trigger but cannot because GAS cannot move.
    Protection is removed -> GAS has to sit down (it is still the attacker's move). A sitting GAS cannot counter.

Wrong. That is not how the lead for GAS is written. It doesn’t say he takes Cover immediately when he has 0% protection. It says he takes Cover when he has 0% protection at the end of every turn. Counter attacks happen prior to the end of a turn.
  • It was already hard to beat GAS R7 in arena everyday. Now with this bug it s even harder
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    edited February 2020

Wrong. That is not how the lead for GAS is written. It doesn’t say he takes Cover immediately when he has 0% protection. It says he takes Cover when he has 0% protection at the end of every turn. Counter attacks happen prior to the end of a turn.
    Counter attacks happen after a turn: CLS has guard and hits GAS. Chewbacca assists. GAS counters after Chewbacca's assist - not immediately after he got hit.

/Edit: Other Example:
    Han hits GAS 2 times ... Counter ist after the 2nd attack (after the 3. if Chewey assists) ... Counter ist AFTER his turn. Chewy's assist is DURING his turn (you see the assists after the first half of Han's turn ... immediately after shooting).

Han's Turn:
    - first shoot
    - < Chewy's assist DURING
    - second shoot
    - Han's Turn ended

GAS' counter:
    - 2 Counters for the 2 attacks from Han - no counter for Chewy
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    edited February 2020

Counter attacks happen after a turn: CLS has guard and hits GAS. Chewbacca assists. GAS counters after Chewbacca's assist - not immediately after he got hit.

Han hits GAS 2 times ... Counter ist after the 2nd attack (after the 3. if Chewey assists) ... Counter ist AFTER his turn. Chewy's assist is DURING his turn (you see the assists after the first half of Han's turn ... immediately after shooting).

No. You are confusing actions/attacks with "turn".

It's all part of CLS's turn:
    1) He attacks
    2) Chewie assists
    3) GAS counters.
    4) No further actions, and CLS's turn is over.

Or for Han:
    1.1) Double tap attack
    1.2) Chewie assists among the double tap
    2) GAS counters
    3) Han's turn is over.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

No. You are confusing actions/attacks with "turn".

It's all part of CLS's turn:
    1) He attacks
    2) Chewie assists
    3) GAS counters.
    4) No further actions, and CLS's turn is over.

This. Chewie’s assist is part of the turn for whoever he is assisting.
  • It's funny...all this debate. Can clearly see the devs are looking into it because it's not WAI. His turn is over when he's out of protection, period. You don't counter when you're out of health either. Pretty simple.
  • Starl0rd wrote: »
    It's funny...all this debate. Can clearly see the devs are looking into it because it's not WAI. His turn is over when he's out of protection, period. You don't counter when you're out of health either. Pretty simple.

You’re dead when you’re out of health. Not at all similar to this. And this has nothing to do with GAS’s turn.
  • The people that claim that the counter is not during the enemies turn let me ask you this .

If the counter is not during the turn who's turn is he countering on ,in this turn based game ?

Do you they think counter attacks happen during nobody's turn ?

• When Jedi Revan came out you absolutely 100% could not beat a near max/max team unless you had Jedi Revan. When Darth Revan and Malak came out you couldn't beat a near max/max DR/Malak team... unless you had DR/Malak.

Wow. Everything you just said is entirely freaking wrong and inaccurate. Stop with nonsense already.

Ah yes well put! You certainly refuted all of my points with a well thought out accurate response with counterpoints and wit!

Funny you brought up wit but feel that you needed jkr to beat jkr etc. Thanks for the laugh but if it makes you feel better..

JKR - Nightsisters ate them for lunch on the daily from the very beginning to the very end.

DR/Malak got curbstomped out of the gate by JKR and DR with Badstila,hk,SEt and Sith Marauder.

Maybe use your wit more to find counters instead of blabbing pure nonsense on the forums. Thanks

Yikes #triggered
    Starl0rd wrote: »
    It's funny...all this debate. Can clearly see the devs are looking into it because it's not WAI. His turn is over when he's out of protection, period. You don't counter when you're out of health either. Pretty simple.

You’re dead when you’re out of health. Not at all similar to this. And this has nothing to do with GAS’s turn.

It is entirely similar to this...the mechanism works to protect the clones, once his protection is down - like 0 health killing someone, the mechanism changes to cover...if it worked one way the whole time and it now doesn’t and the devs have said not WAI...relax, stop beating the drum and wait for them to change it back. Toons like han and dr are dropping like flies because they get double countered. I don’t have gas 7 star yet, have 2 SE compositions and 2 GR compositions to counter maxed GAS...they’ve been geared specifically because they were viable counters...waste of resources if they don’t work because of the glitch

"..takes Cover if he has 0% Protection at the end of every turn." ...when is a turn over? before, or after, a counter-attack? I would argue the turn is over before a counter-attack. If the opponent is alive/not stunned/not dazed/has protection/etc., they would counter. It's simple to me, but I understand it is a matter of opinion.

"..takes Cover if he has 0% Protection at the end of every turn." ...when is a turn over? before, or after, a counter-attack? I would argue the turn is over before a counter-attack. If the opponent is alive/not stunned/not dazed/has protection/etc., they would counter. It's simple to me, but I understand it is a matter of opinion.

I see cover the same as death, only one toon can counter before death (magnaguard) and it is written explicitly in the unique that it takes a bonus turn at 1% health and then is defeated

GAS was working as intended for months, no one has complained about not counter attacking before taking cover...I’m pretty reasonable with my outlook on things, seems to me it’s pretty clear it’s now just bugged
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    While I’m here, have they updated info on the undying loyalty bug for gr in fleet? Every now and then they get to 1 health and the buff won’t revive or disappear...just sits there and you can hit them 10 times and nothing changes

Nothing can happen out of turn. the counter attack has to happen during the enemy turn. that's how this game is programmed
  • dalosto147
    282 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    The problem is GAS are not counter always.
    When he isd dropped by oponent GAS, he counter.
    When he is dropped by any clone, i.e., he counter or not.
    I do 9 fights today and there is no standart.
    For that is a bug.
  • Counter attacks happen during the attacking character's turn, and then abilities that happen "at the end of the turn" take place afterwards. Counter attacks are not bonus turns and they do not take place in some sort of ether between turns.

When I noticed this the most was when I would use my Padme team against Darth Revan and Malak. If I used General Kenobi to give the team retribution, I would often end up with fear on my characters after Malak would attack one of them. He would attack, they would counter attack, crit, and then they would get fear. It was the reason I stopped using Kenobi's cleanse unless I absolutely had to because it was always bad news when Jedi Knight Anakin would get fear that way.

Shaak-ti's unique, Heightened Reflexes, gives herself or a friendly Clone Trooper retribution at the end of the turn if they take damage. Fives has an 85% counter chance already. If Fives is attacked when he does not have retribution, he will most likely counter-attack, and then he will gain retribution.

This is also why Magnaguard can counter attack before getting his bonus turn when he is about to die. You can also see how it works with Nightsister Zombie... attack something that will counter attack, and you'll see that the counter attack happens and then Zombie gains her taunt after it happens.

Go try any of those scenarios and see for yourself.

Skywalker should absolutely be getting his counter attacks immediately after losing protection, because he doesn't take cover until the end of the turn. If he wasn't getting counter attacks before this update, then that was when he was bugged and now he is fixed.
  • Lynora wrote: »
    Counter attacks happen during the attacking character's turn, and then abilities that happen "at the end of the turn" take place afterwards. Counter attacks are not bonus turns and they do not take place in some sort of ether between turns.

When I noticed this the most was when I would use my Padme team against Darth Revan and Malak. If I used General Kenobi to give the team retribution, I would often end up with fear on my characters after Malak would attack one of them. He would attack, they would counter attack, crit, and then they would get fear. It was the reason I stopped using Kenobi's cleanse unless I absolutely had to because it was always bad news when Jedi Knight Anakin would get fear that way.

Shaak-ti's unique, Heightened Reflexes, gives herself or a friendly Clone Trooper retribution at the end of the turn if they take damage. Fives has an 85% counter chance already. If Fives is attacked when he does not have retribution, he will most likely counter-attack, and then he will gain retribution.

This is also why Magnaguard can counter attack before getting his bonus turn when he is about to die. You can also see how it works with Nightsister Zombie... attack something that will counter attack, and you'll see that the counter attack happens and then Zombie gains her taunt after it happens.

Skywalker should absolutely be getting his counter attacks immediately after losing protection, because he doesn't take cover until the end of the turn. If he wasn't getting counter attacks before this update, then that was when he was bugged and now he is fixed.

Your reasoning is fine, i haven’t argued any points on turns and the like...GAS has operated as intended (per devs saying now not operating as intended) for months since release...so however ppl want to read it, it hasn’t been an issue until it stopped working as intended this week. If they have to reword for ppl to be happy I don’t care, but spare me the ‘he was bugged and now he isn’t’ rubbish
  • DJT1 wrote: »
    Lynora wrote: »
    Counter attacks happen during the attacking character's turn, and then abilities that happen "at the end of the turn" take place afterwards. Counter attacks are not bonus turns and they do not take place in some sort of ether between turns.

Your reasoning is fine, i haven’t argued any points on turns and the like...GAS has operated as intended (per devs saying now not operating as intended) for months since release...so however ppl want to read it, it hasn’t been an issue until it stopped working as intended this week. If they have to reword for ppl to be happy I don’t care, but spare me the ‘he was bugged and now he isn’t’ rubbish

You basically agree but don't like it hahahah
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Wait... so is G$ good now?

Lmao.

Meta report seems to think so.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
This discussion has been closed.