GAC Resolution [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    The problem with the "make good" is the timing. I'm short crystals NOW that I would have gotten. Release now next when the next GAC starts.
  • Fredy5
    330 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Will the compensation for the GAC failure be only 1 credit ?
    Should we have earned more with the new system ? Because until now, it's less ...
  • Options
    That was a placeholder until they could figure something out.
  • chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Fredy5 wrote: »
    Will the compensation for the GAC failure be only 1 credit ?
    Should we have earned more with the new system ? Because until now, it's less ...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/253504/incorrect-starting-banners-in-grand-arena-championships#latest
    Post edited by chpMINIsolo_77 on
  • Ultra
    11588 posts Moderator
    edited February 2022
    Options
    We will be rescheduling this season as soon as possible likely sometime next week. There will be a make good for the resources you missed out on during this time after we have restarted the event

Bolded the important parts
    Post edited by Ultra on
  • Options
    The lack of info and updates is just ridiculous. Terrible comunication AGAIN. This is going to affect the playerbase and how much money we spent on the game A LOT. And I'm not even talking about the "make good" or the rewards, just talking about how they haven't said anything yet.
  • Options
    PolYeims wrote: »
    The lack of info and updates is just ridiculous. Terrible comunication AGAIN. This is going to affect the playerbase and how much money we spent on the game A LOT. And I'm not even talking about the "make good" or the rewards, just talking about how they haven't said anything yet.

s90676uab2c1.jpeg

I’m not happy with what’s going on either but they did say what was going to happen on Friday before they left and it is 9 in the morning there. Give them an hour or so before the pitchforks come out again.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    So.. no new information............... Ok......
  • Ultra
    11588 posts Moderator
    Options
    Caesariiip wrote: »
    So.. no new information............... Ok......

new information on this situation will drop between today and friday end of day

set expectations accordingly
  • Ultra
    11588 posts Moderator
    Options

They have pretty much gave us all the information we need for now

You want them to say, "Guys we are still looking into launching GAC this week" and you will suddenly be satisfied even though they said this on friday?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    We will be rescheduling this season as soon as possible likely sometime next week. There will be a make good for the resources you missed out on during this time after we have restarted the event

Bolded the important parts

You should have also bolded "likely", so you can point it out when they fail and players get angry. You still have much to learn as a mod.
  • Options
    likely does indicate that they could go another week of radio silence and then mods could go "well they said likely, not certainly. CG's only been making this single game for 6 years. You can't expect competency from them."
  • Ultra
    11588 posts Moderator
    Options
    Anyways, ideally, we'll have an update today but an update today is not guaranteed or promised
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    Anyways, ideally, we'll have an update today but an update today is not guaranteed or promised

When will then be now?
  • Options
    In the future.
  • Options

Either way, conquest starts and we lost our crystal income. I mean i understand you guys here protect cg by nature no matter what but the communication on all fronts has been worse than when carrie was in charge. I dont say bring back carrie in place of crumb and doja but ohh boy those guys need some competition. Atleast give something for us to work through the hell of conquest, if they were unable to release any information about it, since all we know about it is what the dataminers tell us.

Yet another sad case of failed communication from people who are bad at their jobs.
  • Options

You want them to say, "Guys we are still looking into launching GAC this week" and you will suddenly be satisfied even though they said this on friday?

Need? No what we NEED is the expected compensation since they tied almost all of our crystal income into GAC. Things got messed up on Friday during attacks so to this point we would’ve had half the player base get a payout anywhere up to 900 crystals on Saturday.

A new round of attacks would’ve started Sunday and payouts today of the same. Then end of event awards for a total of 2550 crystals.

This is also delaying the 4 round of the entire season which is even more crystal income halted. That is a sizeable chunk of crystals for farming and refreshes gone.

No, what we NEED is for them to figure out how long/what the heck happened ASAP and then once they have a time table, payout compensation for how much income gets lost and delayed.

So no, the information, if you even wanna call it that, to this point is not even close to what we need. It’s only 1030 there so I don’t expect something yet but by the end of the day? Yeah I think every single resource needs to be diverted into figuring out this major problem and applicable compensation.

Heck, we still don’t even have a SotG or any official information regarding conquest starting in 2 hours lmao.
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Need? No what we NEED is the expected compensation since they tied almost all of our crystal income into GAC. Things got messed up on Friday during attacks so to this point we would’ve had half the player base get a payout anywhere up to 900 crystals on Saturday.

A new round of attacks would’ve started Sunday and payouts today of the same. Then end of event awards for a total of 2550 crystals.

This is also delaying the 4 round of the entire season which is even more crystal income halted. That is a sizeable chunk of crystals for farming and refreshes gone.

No, what we NEED is for them to figure out how long/what the heck happened ASAP and then once they have a time table, payout compensation for how much income gets lost and delayed.

So no, the information, if you even wanna call it that, to this point is not even close to what we need. It’s only 1030 there so I don’t expect something yet but by the end of the day? Yeah I think every single resource needs to be diverted into figuring out this major problem and applicable compensation.

Heck, we still don’t even have a SotG or any official information regarding conquest starting in 2 hours lmao.

Wait, I thought they couldn't change an event in progress? How exactly did they change an event in progress when they can't change an event in progress?
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    Nah man... we are gonna get screwed over... e.a. just told us politely to hold they're beer.

Are you going to drink them?
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Wait, I thought they couldn't change an event in progress? How exactly did they change an event in progress when they can't change an event in progress?

They didn’t change it, but flat out canceled it. That was the only thing they could do at the time since it was Friday evening but if they’re gonna tell us that nobody worked at all on something this huge over the weekend then that’s just shoddy and lazy.

If we are expected to wait multiple weeks for a resolution when our crystal income is so heavily tied into GAC them they’re nuts
  • Ultra
    11588 posts Moderator
    Options
    Intrapido wrote: »

Either way, conquest starts and we lost our crystal income. I mean i understand you guys here protect cg by nature no matter what but the communication on all fronts has been worse than when carrie was in charge. I dont say bring back carrie in place of crumb and doja but ohh boy those guys need some competition. Atleast give something for us to work through the hell of conquest, if they were unable to release any information about it, since all we know about it is what the dataminers tell us.

Yet another sad case of failed communication from people who are bad at their jobs.

i really don't have to protect CG

i'm just speaking my own opinion, and my opinion is that ideally we'll get an update today but in my opinion, we might get an update on wednesday or so
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    I still get more crystals each day even without GAC running! Thanks cg more crystals and I don't have to worry about GAC!
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

They didn’t change it, but flat out canceled it. That was the only thing they could do at the time since it was Friday evening but if they’re gonna tell us that nobody worked at all on something this huge over the weekend then that’s just shoddy and lazy.

If we are expected to wait multiple weeks for a resolution when our crystal income is so heavily tied into GAC them they’re nuts

They did change it, otherwise they wouldn't have had to cancel it.
  • Options

No, they didn't give us all the info at all, not even a single ingame message or announce, just a few lines on the forums (most players don't check the forums AT ALL, and they shouldn´t need to because it's a mobile game and when something big like this issue happens you shouldn't need to feel confused and look it up on the internet). And yes, even something as easy as "we are trying to fix this/we are still investigating the issue and we think next GAC can be released soon" would be the reasonable action, asd not only on the forums, INGAME for all the players to see.

Because, first of all, they said this outside of the game, where only an extreme minority can read it. What happened in game was people got one credit saying Grand Arena was over and that was it. I have invited my friends to play this game and they were confused as to what happened, because players who even spend money on it do not need to be looking up what happened on a mobile game they play daily. It´s very easy to understand how they might feel uneasy about how sketchy it was, with no actual explanation for the majority of the community in the game, which is the platform that matters.

So, its objectively true to say that this may have an effect on how much money we spend on a game which you have to google to stay informed, even though you get a pop-up ad to buy this or that almost every time you get back to the menu. They can do that, and not an in-game explanation and follow-up of the issue? It´s fairly evident how this is not okay.

• Options
    Hey how do we get kyno back?
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    In MSF they mail you in game as soon as they find an issue. They mail you again to say it’s fixed, and compensation is attached. Even when whatever went wrong didn’t cost you anything. The mail in game will also carry links to their main pages and posts.

They have a clickable part in the main screen that takes you to a break down of the current meta and what you should be farming as a new player to get through the content.

There are dozens of in game mails every day. Telling you what’s happening that day, what’s happening tomorrow, what’s happening in a week from now.

SWGOH could learn a lot from MSF.
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    In MSF they mail you in game as soon as they find an issue. They nail you again to say it’s fixed, and compensation is attached. Even when whatever went wrong didn’t cost you anything

The mail in game will also carry links to their main forums. They have a clickable part in the main screen that takes imagers right a break down of the current meta and what they should be farming as they start the game.

There are dozens of in game mails every day. Telling you what’s happening that day, what’s happening tomorrow, what’s happening in a week from now.

I agree ... Which says a lot because MSF Is a bad game - but they have good customer service and communication
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    In MSF they mail you in game as soon as they find an issue. They mail you again to say it’s fixed, and compensation is attached. Even when whatever went wrong didn’t cost you anything. The mail in game will also carry links to their main pages and posts.

They have a clickable part in the main screen that takes you to a break down of the current meta and what you should be farming as a new player to get through the content.

We asked CG about this a long time ago. They don't want to do this because they would be sending too many messages. Their answer, not my sarcasm.
This discussion has been closed.