Response to Raid Economy Update

Replies

• Options
    Protocol_j wrote: »
    Right—it’s solely the difference between casual and active, managed guilds; however, low GP is a gating issue for entry to guilds that are actively managed and enforce daily ticket expectation.

If there are guilds that welcome players with 1M GP that max tickets & min/max energy toward guild activities… Sign me up. But I’ve yet to successfully find my way into one.

Get on discord and you will find one in less than 10 minutes. I suggest the following server for newer players looking for guilds

https://discord.gg/Q3ZcXPDk
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    SmashItUp wrote: »
    Good evening,

I don't come to the Forum to post often, but I understand this is a very serious matter.

The new RAID is awesome, I love the mechanichs, graphics looks beautiful, it is a fresh new content that is very welcome to the game. Congratulatios for the Devs on the nice work!

That beeing said, Rewards are horrible, the fast response for the first adjustments made were necessary, but it is very far from enough.

Concepts first: This is new content, it is is stupid that we need to play and earn many tiers of chests to reach Break Even - Break even should be the very first Chest and anything further need to help us develop our roaster

Details second:
    - Pretty much all comparisons chats assumes avg prizes for CPIT and HSTR, so players like myself that work hard to get Top3 for better rewards are now the most impacted, it makes no sense at all, please improve rewards substancially on the personal track to compensate the loss of G12, G12+ full gear peaces
    - Get 1 and Get 2 tokens need to be addressed, the other rewards don't make up to that.
    - Credits in Guild Rewards and Personal rewards, this is a big issue
    - The loss of shards for conversion also needs a solution;
    - The loss of Mod slicing mats weren't addressed, especially MK2 Pulse Modulator is now worst then awful

Final words: all changes seems to focus on the Aeromagnifiers and yes, they are important but the problem is way deeper than that, we will keep complaining until EVERYthing is adressed

I also got top hstr spots every raid. At 130m guild box I will break even.

Just to clarify, you're breaking even with all 4 of the old raids, correct?
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Good evening,

I don't come to the Forum to post often, but I understand this is a very serious matter.

The new RAID is awesome, I love the mechanichs, graphics looks beautiful, it is a fresh new content that is very welcome to the game. Congratulatios for the Devs on the nice work!

That beeing said, Rewards are horrible, the fast response for the first adjustments made were necessary, but it is very far from enough.

Concepts first: This is new content, it is is stupid that we need to play and earn many tiers of chests to reach Break Even - Break even should be the very first Chest and anything further need to help us develop our roaster

Details second:
    - Pretty much all comparisons chats assumes avg prizes for CPIT and HSTR, so players like myself that work hard to get Top3 for better rewards are now the most impacted, it makes no sense at all, please improve rewards substancially on the personal track to compensate the loss of G12, G12+ full gear peaces
    - Get 1 and Get 2 tokens need to be addressed, the other rewards don't make up to that.
    - The loss of Mod slicing mats weren't addressed, especially MK2 Pulse Modulator is now worst then awful

Final words: all changes seems to focus on the Aeromagnifiers and yes, they are important but the problem is way deeper than that, we will keep complaining until EVERYthing is adressed

If we get to 130m lol. We only got to about 105m before they nerfed MBA.

And I am making lots of assumptions on the value of mk2.

But yes, my data included all four raids.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Good evening,

Details second:

Well... you seem pretty stingy when it comes to your resources, so I'm inclined to believe you ;)
  • Options

Well... you seem pretty strategic when it comes to your resources, so I'm inclined to believe you ;)

FTFY.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    @Protocol_j
    It's not always easy, but you should be able to find one. If you're around 1m GP you should be able to find an active guild, it might take a few attempts but there should be a guild to match your needs. I'd keep looking if I were you, as a casual guild inevitably means less participation in TW and TB too, so you're just losing out if you want to be more active.

My (un-solicited) advice would be to keep looking, the threads in Guild Recruitment (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/player-guilds) have adverts for some lower GP, but active, guilds. You could try a smaller guild in an alliance as they often have rules around activity. Additionally, to make yourself more attractive try and make sure you have Geos at the level needed for the GeoTB Wat mission. It might make the difference in being taken on by a larger guild, even if your overall roster is relatively small.

Hope you find somewhere more active soon! MTFBWY

@Notthatguyfrombefore

Fantastic advice, thank you! Will keep looking. Alliances sound promising.

And I hear you on the Geos—they are on pace to be 7-star (c’mon Fleet Store Sun Fac…) and at the minimum power requirement by early June!

• Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Details second:

Well... you seem pretty stingy when it comes to your resources, so I'm inclined to believe you ;)

I'm sure an r9 86 post belongs here somewhere
  • Options
    Profit wrote: »

That was his alt
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Profit wrote: »

That was his alt

For sure, I only did R5 on this account for my guild.

I'll do R9 if we ever get that far.
  • Options
    Lack of passive income = issue.

The game just got a lot harder, even if the rewards are mathematically on par.

But you all already know that.
  • Options
    On the plus with the lack of raids, getting people to sign up to TW seems to have become a lot easier.

But you already know that too, I guess.
  • Winterwolves
    1729 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    On the plus with the lack of raids, getting people to sign up to TW seems to have become a lot easier.

They secretly did a QOL upgrade without even mentioning it. They just hate good PR I guess.

Now even if there are event notifications and sale items or whatever filling up the 4 main screen notification spots down the side, there is now always a notification red light sitting on the event table when there is a TW to sign up to.

People have been complaining about this forever, they have a solution that works now, and hardly anyone has noted it.

I guess it depends on your device aspect ratio if the event table red dot is always visible though.

But sounds like it is working.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

While I don't really like th enew structure, I do praise it for making the turnips actually get of their duff and do somethnig for once....
  • Options
    48 hour lock out to participate in raids once joining a guild is horrible change. It does not benefit anyone and only hurts players.
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    Options
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    48 hour lock out to participate in raids once joining a guild is horrible change. It does not benefit anyone and only hurts players.

Only hurts individuals that guild hop regularly
  • nottenst
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Just have a quick question. Has any guild received the promised maxed raid tickets yet?

I think when I casually read the announcement about them shutting down the raid system for a week while they got the changes in, I thought I read "max raid rewards" making up for the rewards that we were missing. Coming back later I recognized it was "max raid tickets", which is where everyone nominally would be if there were no raids for that period of time. So, basically, thanks for nothing there.
  • DeusArt
    131 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    • Credits was the main issue for new raid system. And it's still there. In long run it will be great bottleneck for new/mid players.
    • Gear is +/- balanced with new currency update.
    • Mats for mods slicing still could be good addition to rewards.
    • GET1&2 also huge loss for Jabba farm because of JKL, but it could be resolved by adding Hoda/Wampa to guild store for MK2 and ROLO/Imp droid for MK3.
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    Options
    The team had thousands of negative feedback about the rewards and raid structure.

They moved things around, not adding anything. This is the best you are going to get.

I never read any of the claims that were made before the change. If they were lies, that’s what they were. But I can’t speak to that.

What I do know is that a change in rewards is not going to happen.

I’m going to go jump in the pool. Literally.. the sun is out and I’m going to take advantage
  • Options
    Sloth243 wrote: »
    They moved things around, not adding anything. This is the best you are going to get.

What I do know is that a change in rewards is not going to happen.

It sounds like they are going to keep monitoring it

6qzoba1j9dcq.jpeg
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/263474/raid-economy-update#latest
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • Options
    Monitoring it means nothing.. It's a statement that says we are watching the Raid (WHICH THEY WOULD BE DOING ANYWAYS) and the only change that is gonna come if the majority of the guilds refuse to play the Raid again...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Monitoring it means nothing.. It's a statement that says we are watching the Raid (WHICH THEY WOULD BE DOING ANYWAYS) and the only change that is gonna come if the majority of the guilds refuse to play the Raid again...

They always double-speak in such words. But this time it seems to mean "we first dialed in main disrapency in emergency mode, we'll patch in the smaller ones in the future (probably also soon)".
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    The last paragraph is a template lol. But this bit also means it's plausible to expect a further cascade of small changes. It's not like they can even earn revenue by pushing the follow-up section of the playerbase further. Those credits etc. while certainly necessary for some isn't something that can alter the game economy.

dewh32r2x7eu.png
  • Options
    I liked the changes but the lack of credits, im getting way more rewards than before.
    Im credit poor now, like really poor, someone said that you can buy credits with mk1 but its not on the shop!!
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I liked the changes but the lack of credits, im getting way more rewards than before.
    Im credit poor now, like really poor, someone said that you can buy credits with mk1 but its not on the shop!!

It is, but it shares the slot with (ship?) training droids and ship credits. You just need to keep looking.
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    Options
    1m credits, randomly located in the shop, doesn’t do much when it takes 5m+ to upgrade 1-85
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    1m credits, randomly located in the shop, doesn’t do much when it takes 5m+ to upgrade 1-85

fwiw i have also seen 500k in addition to 1m

I got 5.5m per week with the old raids. Since I am diligent checking all the shops anyway, I've already bought my 5.5m for this week.
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    Options

I got 5.5m per week with the old raids. Since I am diligent checking all the shops anyway, I've already bought my 5.5m for this week.

In lieu of gear

Not everyone can afford to do this
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

In lieu of gear

No, not in lieu of gear, because the amount of mk1 I am getting is roughly equivalent to the gear and credits I was getting previously.
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    Options

In lieu of gear

No, not in lieu of gear, because the amount of mk1 I am getting is roughly equivalent to the gear and credits I was getting previously.

Fair enough. But it’s not the same for me. Unfortunately the difference varies widely depending on the individual
  • Options

In lieu of gear

It IS in lieu of gear, because you could have purchased gear with the currency you spent on credits. It’s an economic principle called “opportunity cost”.

So the cost isn’t just the currency you spent, but the gear you could have bought with it.