Fleet mafia and new ship

Replies

• Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Also things depend on how mafia-esque the Shard Chat is. Some chats are nice and are just for organizing payouts. Some can be more exclusive/restrictive, but would welcome players with powerful Fleets. Some will only begrudgingly accept new players they can’t shake. And then the really nasty ones could just have their members attack and timeout so you can’t climb even with a meta fleet.

For what it’s worth, I only joined my Shard Chat after I unlocked Executor (fairly soon after its release) and started accidentally causing them issues by climbing at random points. That was more due to me not understanding what Shard Chats were, and for the most part mine’s been great, but it is a way to get yourself known.

My fleet shard is super accommodating, we reach out to invite anyone we see cracking top 20 so that we can coordinate POs and not snipe each other. Even those that don't join, the majority only climb just before PO and we don't have issues (and we avoid them as well if we can).

There are a few that refuse to join, and share a PO time with others...and purposely move into position to snipe b/c just before PO back to the further position (i.e. moving from 6 to 5 before going to 1, instead of just going 6 to 2 to maximize both players POs).

Granted, I am super lucky in my shard, my former guild mate is in it, hasn't played the game in 1 year and his Executor is still sitting at #22

Mine is the exact same way. The entire purpose of our fleet chat is to include everyone so we all maximize our payouts.
    We've never shut anyone out and never will.
    We don't gang up on the few people that refuse to join the chat and occasionally snipe payouts.
    We help each other with counters and team setups in Discord.

I'd be bummed if that left almost more than the crystals. My fleet shard is like my second Alliance.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Also things depend on how mafia-esque the Shard Chat is. Some chats are nice and are just for organizing payouts. Some can be more exclusive/restrictive, but would welcome players with powerful Fleets. Some will only begrudgingly accept new players they can’t shake. And then the really nasty ones could just have their members attack and timeout so you can’t climb even with a meta fleet.

For what it’s worth, I only joined my Shard Chat after I unlocked Executor (fairly soon after its release) and started accidentally causing them issues by climbing at random points. That was more due to me not understanding what Shard Chats were, and for the most part mine’s been great, but it is a way to get yourself known.

My fleet shard is super accommodating, we reach out to invite anyone we see cracking top 20 so that we can coordinate POs and not snipe each other. Even those that don't join, the majority only climb just before PO and we don't have issues (and we avoid them as well if we can).

There are a few that refuse to join, and share a PO time with others...and purposely move into position to snipe b/c just before PO back to the further position (i.e. moving from 6 to 5 before going to 1, instead of just going 6 to 2 to maximize both players POs).

Granted, I am super lucky in my shard, my former guild mate is in it, hasn't played the game in 1 year and his Executor is still sitting at #22

Mine is the exact same way. The entire purpose of our fleet chat is to include everyone so we all maximize our payouts.
    We've never shut anyone out and never will.
    We don't gang up on the few people that refuse to join the chat and occasionally snipe payouts.
    We help each other with counters and team setups in Discord.

I'd be bummed if that left almost more than the crystals. My fleet shard is like my second Alliance.

Same. Shout out to the guys/gals in both of my fleet shards :)
  • Lumiya
    1499 posts Member
    Options
    Same here aswell.
    The people in my chat are awesome. They are fun!
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I used to be in the fleet mafia. Heck I was in charge of it for a time. But as the years have passed my fellow mobsters have grown complacent to the point where they let the casuals hang out and attack their own shard mates instead. So I’m considering parking myself in first after I unlock Levi.
    Post edited by Rhydia on
  • Lumiya
    1499 posts Member
    Options
    Rhydia wrote: »
    I just to be in the fleet mafia. Heck I was in charge of it for a time. But as the years have passed my fellow mobsters have grown complacent to the point where they let the casuals hang out and attack their own shard mates instead. So I’m considering parking myself in first after I unlock Levi.

Way to prove the point of the thread. Where is the problem to include everyone and work together?

Fellow mobsters and casuals? No... they are all players, smh
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Way to prove the point of the thread. Where is the problem to include everyone and work together?

So are you saying there’s no such thing as casuals?

• Options

Please explain what 'casuals' means.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

People that don't climb often but when they do they don't respect payouts because they don't know and don't care.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lumiya
    1499 posts Member
    Options

No I did not say that if you read what I wrote.
    But the way you worded it, it sounded really condescending. Are they not also players?

Also, what exactly is a casual to you?
  • Lumiya
    1499 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

People that don't climb often but when they do they don't respect payouts because they don't know and don't care.

Well if they are not let into the chat of course they don't know the times, that's what the chat is for, to be able to coordinate. If the Mafia decides not to include everyone that might be able to climb, they shouldn't be surprised if those players then are knocking them down while climbing if they don't know whose payout is when. Especially if they are/were one of those Mafias that actively try to prevent them from climbing and gang(ed) up.

Sounds to me the commenter in question is now frustrated because some of the shard members don't participate in that kind of ganging up anymore and actually let those not included play the game and climb.

If that is the case then I do not feel sorry for the commenter.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

Well if they are not let into the chat of course they don't know the times, that's what the chat is for, to be able to coordinate. If the Mafia decides not to include everyone that might be able to climb, they shouldn't be surprised if those players then are knocking them down while climbing if they don't know whose payout is when. Especially if they are/were one of those Mafias that actively try to prevent them from climbing and gang(ed) up.

Sounds to me the commenter in question is now frustrated because some of the shard members don't participate in that kind of ganging up anymore and actually let those not included play the game and climb.

Don't know why you quoted me I'm just answering the question of what a casual is.
  • Lumiya
    1499 posts Member
    Options

Don't know why you quoted me I'm just answering the question of what a casual is.

Because if the commenter sees them like you described, I wanted to give my opinion about it (to the commenter) so I "included" your description by quoting you?
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

Sure. And while it seems to me you were just answering a question (thsnk you) - the casual player might not be hitting top 5 or top 10 regularly if they're typically stopped from doing so. This is kind of the problem with shut-door fleet chats. The casual is damned if they do and damned if they don't.
  • Options

Sure. And while it seems to me you were just answering a question (thsnk you) - the casual player might not be hitting top 5 or top 10 regularly if they're typically stopped from doing so. This is kind of the problem with shut-door fleet chats. The casual is damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    My definition of a casual is someone who hits battles hours and hours away from their own payout. There’s no relevance to shut doors if someone does their 5 battles 14 hours before their payout.
  • Options

Bingo. I am fully capable of climbing to 1,2,3 every day but am prevented from doing so by a closed door chat. Which I’ve tried very nicely to get into multiple times over the years. Their reasoning is that there are already too many players and PO times represented. If I get within top 10, there is usually a group of folks that swiftly push me back. Contrast that with my kid’s fleet shard which is pretty much dead and he can climb to 1 every day with no issue. So he is getting thousands of crystals more than I simply because he lucked out with a better shard. Doesn’t seem right IMhO…
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    The_Dude wrote: »

Bingo. I am fully capable of climbing to 1,2,3 every day but am prevented from doing so by a closed door chat. Which I’ve tried very nicely to get into multiple times over the years. Their reasoning is that there are already too many players and PO times represented. If I get within top 10, there is usually a group of folks that swiftly push me back. Contrast that with my kid’s fleet shard which is pretty much dead and he can climb to 1 every day with no issue. So he is getting thousands of crystals more than I simply because he lucked out with a better shard. Doesn’t seem right IMhO…

I never used to be in favor of fleet shards and this is why... But, that being said, this doesn't make you a casual, it makes you a "threat" through no fault of your own...

If you can get top 10 then it's in everyone's best interest to work together and invite players like you to the shard, which would no longer make you a "threat", but your shard gangs up on you because they aren't smart enough to realize the amount of battles it takes to keep you back or they are just plain greedy... This is why they call them "shard mafias".... It's completely wrong...

On the other hand, if a player is a "casual" and refuses to join the shard chat and coordinate with/ respect their fellow players after being invited and proceed to climb at all different times of the day knocking people back and standing in the way of their payouts then they deserve what they get because the shard has no alternative but to knock them back when they climb....

Always two sides...
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

On the other hand, if a player is a "casual" and refuses to join the shard chat and coordinate with/ respect their fellow players after being invited and proceed to climb at all different times of the day knocking people back and standing in the way of their payouts then they deserve what they get because the shard has no alternative but to knock them back when they climb....

No disagreement on the above point. My scenario is certainly not for lack of trying to play ball and maximize crystals for everyone.
  • Gawejn
    1124 posts Member
    Options
    Would be great if cg would remove crystals for fleet arena. They should do it.
  • LordDirt
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Would be great if cg would remove crystals for fleet arena. They should do it.

Never
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

We have an open door chat, anyone is welcome, and we still have people that have ignored or refused an invite and then climb once or twice a month and cost someone a payout. This is kind of the problem with (some) casuals.
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Listen I’m not against anyone getting their payout. The problem is specifically with casuals. If someone has a good grasp of how the game works, then they shouldn’t be blocked and folks should work with them and coordinate. Let people alternate payouts of first/second.

Take my fleet shard for example, it’s relatively dead. Fell thru the cracks and filled up with a bunch of nobodies. Chock full of just downright terrible players that don’t have a clue. For a while things were fine because the meta was gated by Geo TB. And these other players were so bad they couldn’t compete. Here we are a couple of years later and these same people are only just now unlocking Executor. These players have zero GLs and a g5 omicron Nebit because they don’t have a clue and more importantly they don’t care. I’ll give them credit for pursuing something and getting a 4* executor(which is insulting in and of itself that it can beat a 7* profundity/executor), but it doesn’t entitle them to sit in the top 5. Which is the mentality they have. I got something “good” and now I belong here.

We can agree to disagree on this and that’s fine. But I imagine many of you with conflicting opinions about this are probably the same people who laugh at folks who aren’t Reva ready and want in to guilds that are getting x amount of shards per TB. This game has a huge pvp aspect to it. And I have zero problems smacking down players that think they deserve something. There are innumerable resources on the internet that can teach these people proper etiquette and they don’t care enough to seek it out. I’m not here to hold your hand. I know how to look a player up and find when they pay out. And when you climb to 3 19hrs before your payout just because you think you deserve to be there, you’re doing nothing but painting a big red target on your back. They’ll get sanctioned every single time.
  • Options

Pretty sure you are the same AlexaderG in my fleet shard..you are considered an "enemy" in our chat due to sniping members in the chat at their PO.
    Our payout chat only shows and identifies members and "enemies" we all help eachother to obtain the most crystals. We do not have a shut door we invite anyone who asks to join., but we do notice who is respectful of others and who is not..and help eachother
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    :D
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    100% this. When there’s a newcomer that does their research, shows up and politely sits in second out of respect for the status quo that person should absolutely be invited to take part. And from there something can be worked out.
  • Georgee
    77 posts Member
    Options
    The current setup of Fleet Arena forces players to collude. It doesn't matter if you label "the others" casuals or enemies. You formed a group of "us", you created rules that are not part of the game and you enforce the rules on everybody in your shard. And you punish the players for not following the rules, no matter if they agree with the rules or not. (By you I mean generally anybody protecting interests of members of the chat against the rest of the shard.)

Players do it because the alternative is worse. The alternative is trying to fight each other frenetically before payouts. The whole concept is wrong and making it a major source of the primary game currency creates inevitably a very toxic environment.

I didn't write this for being jealous. Rushing executor allows me (for now) to cash 400 crystals every day with a single or two fights even if not member of a chat. I wrote it because I don't like the unnecessary toxicity that the setup of the Fleet Arena brings to the game. I wish CG changed it somehow, even if it would very likely mean I'd get less crystals daily.
  • Options
    Scottgreen wrote: »

Pretty sure you are the same AlexaderG in my fleet shard..you are considered an "enemy" in our chat due to sniping members in the chat at their PO.
    Our payout chat only shows and identifies members and "enemies" we all help eachother to obtain the most crystals. We do not have a shut door we invite anyone who asks to join., but we do notice who is respectful of others and who is not..and help eachother

I start to climb about 45 minutes before my payout and try and do the bare minimum number of battles to try and minimise disrupting anyone else

I don't know your payout time or anyone elses and I've never been invited into any chat.

If you think having maybe 3 or 4 battles over a 24 hour period (and always close to my payout is unreasonable) then I really don't get it. Or you.
  • Options
    yeah, no he wasn't

Yeah no, he absolutely was. Likely living in his mommas basement and this place was literally all the control he’ll ever have in his life. Kyno is a loser and a tyrant. A thousand times worse than any shard mafia could ever pretend to be.
    Is this another “perfectly reasonable” comment of yours?
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

I start to climb about 45 minutes before my payout and try and do the bare minimum number of battles to try and minimise disrupting anyone else

I don't know your payout time or anyone elses and I've never been invited into any chat.

If you think having maybe 3 or 4 battles over a 24 hour period (and always close to my payout is unreasonable) then I really don't get it. Or you.

You can look up people's times on gg to avoid hitting them in their time. You can also find out how to get into a chat by messaging people. If you're not in a chat and you're causing problems, it's on you unless the chat has shut you out.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    What
  • Options

You can look up people's times on gg to avoid hitting them in their time. You can also find out how to get into a chat by messaging people. If you're not in a chat and you're causing problems, it's on you unless the chat has shut you out.

That's helpful (point about .gg - thanks) but the first I'd heard about being a problem or an enemy is via the above post. Anyone from that fleet shard could have messaged me at anytime. They haven't.

What I wrote above is 100% correct, I climb late and do the fewest battles I can. I think that's being respectful. It's not the sort of "casual" play that has been discussed in this thread. .

I've not intentionally sniped anyone but I'm branded as an enemy - apparently. There's seemingly a chat, they've decided the rules but decided that someone who isn't in the club and doesn't know their rules, or payouts is an enemy. And has never been invited anyway.

Seems pretty messed up.