Scottgreen wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Rhydia wrote: »

Way to prove the point of the thread. Where is the problem to include everyone and work together?

Fellow mobsters and casuals? No... they are all players, smh

So are you saying there’s no such thing as casuals?

Please explain what 'casuals' means.

People that don't climb often but when they do they don't respect payouts because they don't know and don't care.

Well if they are not let into the chat of course they don't know the times, that's what the chat is for, to be able to coordinate. If the Mafia decides not to include everyone that might be able to climb, they shouldn't be surprised if those players then are knocking them down while climbing if they don't know whose payout is when. Especially if they are/were one of those Mafias that actively try to prevent them from climbing and gang(ed) up.

Sounds to me the commenter in question is now frustrated because some of the shard members don't participate in that kind of ganging up anymore and actually let those not included play the game and climb.

If that is the case then I do not feel sorry for the commenter.

Don't know why you quoted me I'm just answering the question of what a casual is.

Sure. And while it seems to me you were just answering a question (thsnk you) - the casual player might not be hitting top 5 or top 10 regularly if they're typically stopped from doing so. This is kind of the problem with shut-door fleet chats. The casual is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Pretty sure you are the same AlexaderG in my fleet shard..you are considered an "enemy" in our chat due to sniping members in the chat at their PO.
    Our payout chat only shows and identifies members and "enemies" we all help eachother to obtain the most crystals. We do not have a shut door we invite anyone who asks to join., but we do notice who is respectful of others and who is not..and help eachother

This is why CG should remove the crystals from the fleet too, be a good little dog and ask us to let you in our little club or we will do everything we can to not let you climb. Players just ganging up on others, its a competitive game everyone is out for themselves but these people are ganging up, in any other game you all would get banned lol 😆 imagine queuing for a solo BR game to see 10 people working together, all 10 would get banned in the same day
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

Way to prove the point of the thread. Where is the problem to include everyone and work together?

People that don't climb often but when they do they don't respect payouts because they don't know and don't care.

Well if they are not let into the chat of course they don't know the times, that's what the chat is for, to be able to coordinate. If the Mafia decides not to include everyone that might be able to climb, they shouldn't be surprised if those players then are knocking them down while climbing if they don't know whose payout is when. Especially if they are/were one of those Mafias that actively try to prevent them from climbing and gang(ed) up.

Sounds to me the commenter in question is now frustrated because some of the shard members don't participate in that kind of ganging up anymore and actually let those not included play the game and climb.

Don't know why you quoted me I'm just answering the question of what a casual is.

Sure. And while it seems to me you were just answering a question (thsnk you) - the casual player might not be hitting top 5 or top 10 regularly if they're typically stopped from doing so. This is kind of the problem with shut-door fleet chats. The casual is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Pretty sure you are the same AlexaderG in my fleet shard..you are considered an "enemy" in our chat due to sniping members in the chat at their PO.
    Our payout chat only shows and identifies members and "enemies" we all help eachother to obtain the most crystals. We do not have a shut door we invite anyone who asks to join., but we do notice who is respectful of others and who is not..and help eachother

I start to climb about 45 minutes before my payout and try and do the bare minimum number of battles to try and minimise disrupting anyone else

I don't know your payout time or anyone elses and I've never been invited into any chat.

If you think having maybe 3 or 4 battles over a 24 hour period (and always close to my payout is unreasonable) then I really don't get it. Or you.

You can look up people's times on gg to avoid hitting them in their time. You can also find out how to get into a chat by messaging people. If you're not in a chat and you're causing problems, it's on you unless the chat has shut you out.

That's helpful (point about .gg - thanks) but the first I'd heard about being a problem or an enemy is via the above post. Anyone from that fleet shard could have messaged me at anytime. They haven't.

What I wrote above is 100% correct, I climb late and do the fewest battles I can. I think that's being respectful. It's not the sort of "casual" play that has been discussed in this thread. .

I've not intentionally sniped anyone but I'm branded as an enemy - apparently. There's seemingly a chat, they've decided the rules but decided that someone who isn't in the club and doesn't know their rules, or payouts is an enemy. And has never been invited anyway.

Seems pretty messed up.

They don't know any of this. All they know is someone is messing up their payouts. If it's causing a problem for you, you can try to fix it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

This is why CG should remove the crystals from the fleet too, be a good little dog and ask us to let you in our little club or we will do everything we can to not let you climb. Players just ganging up on others, its a competitive game everyone is out for themselves but these people are ganging up, in any other game you all would get banned lol 😆 imagine queuing for a solo BR game to see 10 people working together, all 10 would get banned in the same day

That's not what the post you quoted says at all
  • Options

I start to climb about 45 minutes before my payout and try and do the bare minimum number of battles to try and minimise disrupting anyone else

I don't know your payout time or anyone elses and I've never been invited into any chat.

If you think having maybe 3 or 4 battles over a 24 hour period (and always close to my payout is unreasonable) then I really don't get it. Or you.

You can look up people's times on gg to avoid hitting them in their time. You can also find out how to get into a chat by messaging people. If you're not in a chat and you're causing problems, it's on you unless the chat has shut you out.

That's helpful (point about .gg - thanks) but the first I'd heard about being a problem or an enemy is via the above post. Anyone from that fleet shard could have messaged me at anytime. They haven't.

What I wrote above is 100% correct, I climb late and do the fewest battles I can. I think that's being respectful. It's not the sort of "casual" play that has been discussed in this thread. .

I've not intentionally sniped anyone but I'm branded as an enemy - apparently. There's seemingly a chat, they've decided the rules but decided that someone who isn't in the club and doesn't know their rules, or payouts is an enemy. And has never been invited anyway.

Seems pretty messed up.

They don't know any of this. All they know is someone is messing up their payouts. If it's causing a problem for you, you can try to fix it.

But they expect me to know.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

Seems pretty messed up.

You control what you do. You can't control what they do.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Seems pretty messed up.

Join the shard?... geeze, it's not hard ....If what buddy is saying is accurate then it's really on you....

It's not on them to reach out to you and it's not unreasonable for them to expect a little effort on your part to get a huge sum of crystals.....
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

What?..... Nobody is out for themselves... You completely miss the point.... The whole idea is to get everyone as many crystals as possible......
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Seems pretty messed up.

Join the shard?... geeze, it's not hard ....If what buddy is saying is accurate then it's really on you....

It's not on them to reach out to you and it's not unreasonable for them to expect a little effort on your part to get a huge sum of crystals.....

Well, there's the lack of invite for starters.

Secondly, why is the onus on me to a) join a group that I didn't know until this evening existed. b) play by a false set of rules that only exist for their convenience - and arguably are pretty shady anyway. c) why isn't it on them to reach out? I'm apparently wrong despite everything I've wrote above, about avoiding collateral damage

• TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

Seems pretty messed up.

Secondly, why is the onus on me to a) join a group that I didn't know until this evening existed. b) play by a false set of rules that only exist for their convenience - and arguably are pretty shady anyway. c) why isn't it on them to reach out? I'm apparently wrong despite everything I've wrote above, about avoiding collateral damage

The onus is on you if you care.

If you don't, so be it.
  • Options
    Just going to say that I agree with AlexanderG. If people create a set of rules for a group, the burden is on them to make everyone aware of those rules. It’s unreasonable to assume everyone even knows about fleet shards, let alone hold them accountable for rules they are most likely not aware of. If the shard reached out and the player ignored them, that’s different. But to make fun of someone’s roster then expect that same person knew enough to contact you?

No, players should reach out - but that’s no excuse for the group to not do it first. Labelling someone an enemy when you didn’t bother to talk to them first is pure simple bullying junk.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Seems pretty messed up.

Because the only person benefitting from the transaction would be you?..... You don't have to "play by the rules", but it's you that is losing crystals daily and not them....

Based on all of your posts here I assume you have some time in the game.... It also sounds like they are very familiar with you for good reason...

Without delving into it too much, and with all due respect, now you know.... So reach out and join.... If they flip you the bird and won't let you then you certainly have a right to be upset and should come back and give us an update.... Otherwise, by the sounds of it, I bet you will be pleasantly surprised... I know I was....
  • Options

Seems pretty messed up.

If you don't, so be it.

Disagree. I got called out by a possible shard mate earlier. That's OK I guess. But the substance of what I've said hadn't been challenged. I find it odd that, that's OK I can't read minds or know what they do. To be called out on this forum despite utter radio silence from this apparent shard chat seems, dunno, a bit odd.

They could have just got in touch in-game.

Late climbing, leaving fleet arena for 23.25 hours a day is my way of saying that I'm friendly and care about others' trying to get the best they can.
  • Options

Seems pretty messed up.

Because the only person benefitting from the transaction would be you?..... You don't have to "play by the rules", but it's you that is losing crystals daily and not them....

Based on all of your posts here I assume you have some time in the game.... It also sounds like they are very familiar with you for good reason...

Without delving into it too much, and with all due respect, now you know.... So reach out and join.... If they flip you the bird and won't let you then you certainly have a right to be upset and should come back and give us an update.... Otherwise, by the sounds of it, I bet you will be pleasantly surprised... I know I was....

I'm not trying to be argumentative here. I wax pretty shocked to find out I was causing any issues whatsoever But the way you phrased the personal benefit thing just isn't right. I'm not having any tit-for-tat battles with anyone, not sniping (as far as I know). I see where I am at 23.25 hours in and work out the most efficient way I can get unto the top 5. That's really just it. If I knew someone else was on the way up, I'd happily sidestep them
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Seems pretty messed up.

If you don't, so be it.

Disagree. I got called out by a possible shard mate earlier. That's OK I guess. But the substance of what I've said hadn't been challenged. I find it odd that, that's OK I can't read minds or know what they do. To be called out on this forum despite utter radio silence from this apparent shard chat seems, dunno, a bit odd.

Late climbing, leaving fleet arena for 23.25 hours a day is my way of saying that I'm friendly and care about others' trying to get the best they can.

You have been playing a long time no?.... You have been and are active on this forum no?.....

1- The onus is on you to ask.... It would have been nice if they invited you, but they didn't and, again, you are a veteran... Hard to believe you didn't know they existed...

2- Your account of when you climb vs the guy that called you out are very different... . Not up to me to judge without the facts but any chance you are doing your first fleet battle of the day randomly to get your dailies done?

3- Again, now you know.... Join...

• Options
    I asked my shard and was told to f off. It has been 7 months.

Fleet rewards need moved.
  • Options
    Just keep attacking every time you get a chance
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

Seems pretty messed up.

If you don't, so be it.

You have been playing a long time no?.... You have been and are active on this forum no?.....

1- The onus is on you to ask.... It would have been nice if they invited you, but they didn't and, again, you are a veteran... Hard to believe you didn't know they existed...

2- Your account of when you climb vs the guy that called you out are very different... . Not up to me to judge without the facts but any chance you are doing your first fleet battle of the day randomly to get your dailies done?

3- Again, now you know.... Join...

To answer the question about shard chats. Yes, of course. I didn't know that they existed everywhere or in this case, for my particular fleet shard. You can chose to believe me or not, but I'm being straight here and I've had other meta fleets too and never got the nod, or anyone contact me about avoiding anyone. When squad arena was still a thing I got an invite in.. But that's my only experience of shard chats. From years ago..

Others have reported on sone pretty dead fleet shards. Ergo, it's not always easy to understand what's going on from the outside.

Point 2. You can disbelieve me if you like but it's interesting that you'd accept the version of events from someone else who hasn't responded to anything I've said. I mentioned earlier I'll start to push at 45 mins until payout. Actually that's sometimes 30 minutes. If Scott can challenge that then let's hear him.
  • TargetEadu
    1592 posts Member
    Options
    Posting your swgoh.gg might help verify that you’re actually the same AlexanderG, which afaik hasn’t been confirmed.
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    Options
    I asked my shard and was told to f off. It has been 7 months.

Try harder. Make yourself a problem and they’ll eventually acquiesce.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Posting your swgoh.gg might help verify that you’re actually the same AlexanderG, which afaik hasn’t been confirmed.

Sure:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/674838413/

• Options

Seems pretty messed up.

I find it hard to believe that you didn't suspect the group existed. I also don't understand why you think the onus is on them to reach out, rather than you.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

Seems pretty messed up.

I find it hard to believe that you didn't suspect the group existed. I also don't understand why you think the onus is on them to reach out, rather than you.

Of course I thought there might be one but I certainly didn't know for sure. Despite hanging out at the top end of fleet with Malevolence, Executor and now Prof, I haven't had a single word of direct communication.

Why do I think the onus is on them? They created a club and rules that they expect others to abide by. Fine. But maybe they could at least try and make myself and others' aware.

Hard to know there's a problem when nobody says anything.

• Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Would be great if cg would remove crystals for fleet arena. They should do it.

No thanks!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options

Also, no thanks!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Seems pretty messed up.

Of course I thought there might be one but I certainly didn't know for sure. Despite hanging out at the top end of fleet with Malevolence, Executor and now Prof, I haven't had a single word of direct communication.

Why do I think the onus is on them? They created a club and rules that they expect others to abide by. Fine. But maybe they could at least try and make myself and others' aware.

Hard to know there's a problem when nobody says anything.

I kind of see both sides.... The smart thing for you to have done would have been to try and reach out but the smart thing for them to have done if you are capable of top ten and were a problem would have been to reach out to you to avoid them having to waste battles on you....

None of you can go back in time, but now that you are aware and have a contact I hope you guys work something out... As long as they are welcoming and you follow the payout path then it can be awesome and a great source of daily crystals for everybody...
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    We still haven't even confirmed they're in the same shard lol
  • EdSolo
    413 posts Member
    Options
    Simple answer is use the new ship to get noticed and therefore get an invite. For quite some time I knew I was getting hammered by a shard mafia, but could never get an invite. I had my sad little 5* executor and it got to the point that everyone had 7* executor and I couldn't climb any more. They I got Profundity, which could easily take a 7* Executor. After a week or two of climbing, I get a dm from someone in the mafia and got an invite to join. It has been a major boost in crystal income.

Levithan looks like it will be a Profundity killer. I battled someone today who was using Tarkin with Fury, Sith Bomber and Palp shuttle. I won the battle without too many problems, but it was a bit difficult getting around Bomber taunt to get to Fury and then Fury get to revive essentially. I can only imaging what happens with the anti assists mechanism and synergy with Levithan.

So, in summary, if you get the new ship day 1, you can climb and it could be difficult for the mafia members to chain you back down and therefore you may get an invite because it is to their advantage to have you as an ally.
  • Options
    Nah. Rewards just need moved to a mode where people can't game the system against other players by breaking TOS. Or CG needs to crack down on people breaking TOS in that mode.
  • Options
    Meh fleet should get the same treatment as arena. Remove the crystals from players hand and give it back to CG. Works pretty good for 99% of the player base

Where do you get 99% from?

The ONLY players better off with crystals in GAC rather than Arena are the few who are in K1. The rest of us are worse off since the changes

I get way more crystals in GAC than I ever got in Squad arena or Fleet Arena. My daily payout for GAC crushes the the daily 50 to 100 Crystals I got daily in Squad depending on how I climbed each day. And I am nowhere near Kyber. Only people who got hosed are the top 10 or so people in each shard while the other few thousand in the shard started getting an appreciable crystal income from GAC.
  • Options
    rickertron wrote: »
    Meh fleet should get the same treatment as arena. Remove the crystals from players hand and give it back to CG. Works pretty good for 99% of the player base

Where do you get 99% from?

The ONLY players better off with crystals in GAC rather than Arena are the few who are in K1. The rest of us are worse off since the changes

I get way more crystals in GAC than I ever got in Squad arena or Fleet Arena. My daily payout for GAC crushes the the daily 50 to 100 Crystals I got daily in Squad depending on how I climbed each day. And I am nowhere near Kyber. Only people who got hosed are the top 10 or so people in each shard while the other few thousand in the shard started getting an appreciable crystal income from GAC.

Yeah. Moving crystals away from the arena style modes helps the majority of the player base. It generally improved income and, at least in the case of arena -> GAC, the mode is less time strict. I can battle whenever I want for GAC instead of needing to monitor my phone for an entire hour to climb.