Poe Dameron is too powerful in Squad Arena. Nerf in the coming update?

Replies

• Options
    @DarthMasterShawn You see the guy in 3rd? He runs that exact HK-47 lead team that you mentioned and he's pretty hard to beat but I beat him when need be. The hardest guy to beat on my server is VindicatorLandsoul. He runs Poggle, 88, 86, HK-47 and Poe and all but Poggle are 7*. The droids hit like crazy in his setup.

Thanks. I just hope they don't raise the level cap again before I hit 70. I need to get them starred up soon. I don't yet have a 7* hero on my roster. Geo Soldier & 86 should be there by early next week hopefully.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Poe OP, I have never read that complaint anywhere before. I agree and disagree with this premise.

Mine isn't a complaint. Why would I complain about being able to finish 1st? It's more of a backing up of the "Poe is OP" movement.

Ahhh my bad I thought the "Poe is OP movement" was a series of complaints, thank you for correcting my inability to understand that what you are trying to do is nothing like what the ordinary whine threads do.

You have indeed taken it to a new level, congrats!

What a surprise. Bent Wookie being vitriolic and offering nothing useful to the conversation. Thank you for confirming your inability to contribute anything useful to this forum :)

You welcome, thank you for starting yet another Poe is OP thread instead of just using one of the myriad of others. I appreciate the clever way you did it in order to maximize attention to yourself. You are indeed the savior of the forum!

*yawn* I no longer read your posts, they're all the same, passive aggressively bashing other forum members. Go outside, smell the flowers and see the real world. Maybe then your little heart will allow a bit of light into your life.
  • Options
    Poe OP, I have never read that complaint anywhere before. I agree and disagree with this premise.

Mine isn't a complaint. Why would I complain about being able to finish 1st? It's more of a backing up of the "Poe is OP" movement.

Ahhh my bad I thought the "Poe is OP movement" was a series of complaints, thank you for correcting my inability to understand that what you are trying to do is nothing like what the ordinary whine threads do.

You have indeed taken it to a new level, congrats!

What a surprise. Bent Wookie being vitriolic and offering nothing useful to the conversation. Thank you for confirming your inability to contribute anything useful to this forum :)

You welcome, thank you for starting yet another Poe is OP thread instead of just using one of the myriad of others. I appreciate the clever way you did it in order to maximize attention to yourself. You are indeed the savior of the forum!

*yawn* I no longer read your posts, they're all the same, passive aggressively bashing other forum members. Go outside, smell the flowers and see the real world. Maybe then your little heart will allow a bit of light into your life.

I would take your advice, but I suspect you are dishonest.. You obviously DO read my posts (and even quote them) how can you be trusted?

As far as going outside to smell the flowers, last time I did that my nose got stung by a bee, why do you want to cause people to be hurt? Is it because you want people to feel what you felt when that Poe team beat you do bad you decided to dedicate another new thread to nerfing him?
  • Options
    Yawn, this thread again.

Damage is too high

Poe is the only viable tank

Poe teams are very beatable with bulky characters

Nerf Poe and you limit design space

QGJ is a fine counter already

There will always be a FOTM character, it's a mobile game

Get over it ;)
  • Options
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Yawn, this thread again.

Damage is too high

Get over it ;)

Did you actually read the OP? Obviously not ;)
  • Options
    @DarthMasterShawn You see the guy in 3rd? He runs that exact HK-47 lead team that you mentioned and he's pretty hard to beat but I beat him when need be. The hardest guy to beat on my server is VindicatorLandsoul. He runs Poggle, 88, 86, HK-47 and Poe and all but Poggle are 7*. The droids hit like crazy in his setup.

Thanks. I just hope they don't raise the level cap again before I hit 70. I need to get them starred up soon. I don't yet have a 7* hero on my roster. Geo Soldier & 86 should be there by early next week hopefully.

Save your creds mate. 2mil+ from 60-70 750ish K 65-70.

I beat that HK team too. My point simply was not OP just good package great on the right team.
  • Options

I beat that HK team too. My point simply was not OP just good package great on the right team.

Oh, I am. I'm saving credits as much as possible but mainly to raise their star levels since doing so gives such a big increase in stats.

The most important part of my team (other than Poe's buff) is Poggle, his buff to Droids and Geo Soldier plus his buff special turn them into hard hitting machines.

If they nerf Poe I'll still have a good team (I can just replace him with HK-47) but if not I'm more than happy to continue using this one.

Out of interest, what does your arena team look like?
  • Options
    Yawn, this thread again.

Damage is too high

Get over it ;)

Yep? Ofc you can win on a 50/50 against a Poe team with a glass cannon team some percentage of the time. AI is terrible. Anyone at a certain level can beat anyone. My team power is 27.5k, a 23k team can beat me if they get lucky. Damage is very unbalanced.

He isn't OP by any means. He's a utility character and we need strong f2p utility characters.

25% Turn meter reduction, even against AI whale teams is beatable for me 99% of the time.
  • Options
    Yawn, this thread again.

Damage is too high

Get over it ;)

Yep? Ofc you can win on a 50/50 against a Poe team with a glass cannon team some percentage of the time. AI is terrible. Anyone at a certain level can beat anyone. My team power is 27.5k, a 23k team can beat me if they get lucky. Damage is very unbalanced.

He isn't OP by any means. He's a utility character and we need strong f2p utility characters.

25% Turn meter reduction, even against AI whale teams is beatable for me 99% of the time.

20% for me, I'm not high enough level for 25% yet.

My point is that I'm not complaining because Poe is making me lose, I just think the best thing for the game and the community is if they give him a minor nerf. If not, I've no issues with finishing top 5 every day.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Dude it obvious, you are excited you got #1 and wanted to post a pic of it and get some attention. No need for all the drama.

Congrats, you did good.
  • Options

Oh, I am. I'm saving credits as much as possible but mainly to raise their star levels since doing so gives such a big increase in stats.

The most important part of my team (other than Poe's buff) is Poggle, his buff to Droids and Geo Soldier plus his buff special turn them into hard hitting machines.

If they nerf Poe I'll still have a good team (I can just replace him with HK-47) but if not I'm more than happy to continue using this one.

Out of interest, what does your arena team look like?

Sid Lead
    Poe
    Lumi
    Dooku
    GS

This week I change mine up a lot I'm a collector and tester, but I wanted a team that could top 10, 5, and 1st so I could get my droid build * up now that Ventress and Sid are done and Phasma and Lumi done. It beats the Poe teams, the droid teams, the QGJ teams, the Whales. I'm in the top 10 daily. My bracket our top 20 is very fluid as we all have fast, strong, good synergy teams so can beat the AI. Often it comes down to getting the luck of the timed attack. I'm the only one in my top 10 sub 26K presently. I'm 70 and Geo is gear 9 for me so I have 4 turn 7 toons so it works well. I can win even if I'm against a Poe that goes first, though it is much more stressful of a fight,lol.
  • Options
    Yawn, this thread again.

Damage is too high

Get over it ;)

20% for me, I'm not high enough level for 25% yet.

My point is that I'm not complaining because Poe is making me lose, I just think the best thing for the game and the community is if they give him a minor nerf. If not, I've no issues with finishing top 5 every day.

Good for you.

That team is terrible without a tank even without turn meter reduction. Your glass cannons would die 99% of the time with their low speed before they can even attack. AI will not even use aoe when there's an active taunt. The real problem is the amount of raw damage possible in 1 hit on characters like rey, fotp, etc.
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @DarthMasterShawn Sounds good. Once I've got my droid team all sorted I think I'll farm Daka next, she seems pretty strong and her revive could be real useful. I'm considering farming IG-100 for extra turn meter reduction alongside Poe but I'm not sure how well it'll work.

What do Geo Soldiers stats look like at gear level 9? I should have him there by Thursday, hopefully.
  • Options
    @Elyndria Who in their right mind would run a super squishy droid team without a tank? Without HK-47 or Poe it'd be pretty useless.
  • Options
    My Poe's speed is 138 (+5). Is that what is meant by 143 max speed or would he get faster with more *?
  • Options
    @DarthMasterShawn Sounds good. Once I've got my droid team all sorted I think I'll farm Daka next, she seems pretty strong and her revive could be real useful. I'm considering farming IG-100 for extra turn meter reduction alongside Poe but I'm not sure how well it'll work.

What do Geo Soldiers stats look like at gear level 9? I should have him there by Thursday, hopefully.

What level are you? You need to be level 70 to gear 9.

149 speed. Near 11k health

I love Daka she is very handy.
  • Options
    @Elyndria Who in their right mind would run a super squishy droid team without a tank? Without HK-47 or Poe it'd be pretty useless.
    Just saying those characters need a tank like Poe to be even remotely viable. HK is garbage also, he does literally nothing. :*

• Options

Ah so you do. It'll take me about a week then probably.

I'm saving up Cantina tokens so I could farm Daka relatively quickly if I decide to.
  • Options

Ah so you do. It'll take me about a week then probably.

I'm saving up Cantina tokens so I could farm Daka relatively quickly if I decide to.

Good call. I really like her. I don't use her as much since I put this team together to get as many Arena tokens as fast as possible together, but I like using her. She works well with Phasma lead. Seems top get the call a bit more often than most.
  • Options
    My Poe's speed is 138 (+5). Is that what is meant by 143 max speed or would he get faster with more *?

This article should help explain the mechanics of speed in the game:
    http://www.teaminstinct.net/speed-and-you-a-team-instinct-special/
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    Since the Poe's became a frequent of the top 20 slots on my server, I struggled hard to be able to get top places. I actually stopped trying to beat the #1-#3 placements guys/gals there since I had zero chance. Usual game would be me shooting with maybe 1 -2 toons, enemy Poe firing up, then I would lose 2-3 characters and the game, especially if they had phasma. Refreshing fights had no effect since I was losing badly anyway.

BUT

I got Poe at 6* and geared up. Now I take #1-#2 spots most of the days the past week.

BUT

I dont enjoy the fights anymore! Its just a roll of dice! If my Poe fires first, I win 100%. If enemy Poe fires first, I sometimes win but its like 1/6 games max. I dont feel theres any kind of tactical thinking or strategy because when my Poe fires first, enemy team gets decimated (even though top spots are people are higher level than me (still at 68).
    So, in unlucky streaks of going second, I refresh battles and when the RNG gets on my Poe's side, I can reach my targets (1#-2# rank)

Hmm, Poe isnt strong really. It just delegates the game into a RNG roll. His mechanic of turn removal destroys my enjoyment of feeling that I won because of my deck building (aka heroe line up and synergy) and tactical play

So, yea, even though I spend the better part of last month on rushing to get POE to a decent 143 speed /6* level, I dont think POE turn removal ability is good for the game. It certainly isnt good for my enjoyment of Arena fights even though I hit the top spots at my local 6 o clock.

my 3 cents
  • Noci
    81 posts Member
    Options
    Ah a Poe thread. Haven't seen that in the last six seconds.
  • Options
    We will find out what's happening with Poe when they release some of the patch notes. Please, for the love of all that is holy, keep Poe thoughts to yourself until that time.
  • Options
    Sorry if thats a discussion that comes up often, but I wanted to share my experience
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    Yeah I feel same way. I actually run normal squad until I run into a cheap Poe Exploit team and lose. Then I just sub in Poe and wala boring soulless cheap win.
  • Options
    Reason why I'm keeping my Poe at 5*. I'm in top 10 now, but don't want to continue working on him if he gets a substantial nerf. I would rather they buff the other tanks and make them useful honestly.
  • Options
    Make a good team that wins when your Poe doesn't go first?
  • Options
    Xceptor wrote: »

BUT

I got Poe at 6* and geared up. Now I take #1-#2 spots most of the days the past week.

This won't last. Others will get their Poe's and your ranks will become an RNG affair everyday.
  • Options
    Xceptor wrote: »
    Sorry if thats a discussion that comes up often, but I wanted to share my experience

I actually appreciate it. As someone who doesn't have Poe I like learning about him.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |