Poe Dameron is too powerful in Squad Arena. Nerf in the coming update?

Replies

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I used to agree with Queltar on the nerf Poe issue but now I would only support adjustments (nerfs) once the majority of players reach level 70. The top person on my server benched his Poe and I can't even beat him using Poe. Then I go up against the second most powerful player on our server and what happens... His Poe goes first twice today.. His Poe went first so I lost right? Wrong. And no, I do not have QGJ; he did. I decimated his team twice after loosing the "coin flip".

There are plenty of options and we've just begin to see them and there are also new characters coming. I will have to respectfully disagree. You want my team comp? Nope. Now Queltar is wanting to nerf QGJ, another toon he refuses to invest his cantina shipments in because he thinks he should be nerfed... Rather convenient
  • Options
    I've had good success vs. Poe with AOE tanks and using offense up from Poggle to buff their attacking. I've used Old Ben to this point, but a 4th AOE with offense up should do the trick as well. Depending on the setup you're facing, should win 60% plus using Poe with no Poe.

Options to fit with Poggle:
    Kylo
    Phasma
    Sid (leader)
    HK 47

Plo is another potential option as he has aoe and damage down that is big and he's decently healthy...Anakin would be another decently tanky aoe...and I don't have this character built to know what kind of damage she does, but Jedi Knight Guardian could fit the bill.
  • Options
    Poe sucks I'm not wasting any currency on him period, ever.
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Firstly, this isn't a thread complaining about Poe being OP becaue I'm benefitting from him being so. But he 100% is OP. Look at the images below, you'll see that my team aren't even fully leveled up, you'll see that the opposition I'm facing are all a few levels and a few thousand power ahead of me, but you will also see that I managed to finish 1st in arena and there's one reason for that; his name is Poe.

My team has great synergy, I run with Poggle as leader, 86, 88, Geo Soldier and Poe. But whilst that's a decent team on paper, it wouldn't be strong enough to compete with the top 10 on my server without Poe reducing the oppositions turn meters and taking the hits which keep my squishy droid team alive. Even at 4* Poe is the most important hero in my roster. I finished top 10 for 3 consecutive weeks, then the revPoelution began and suddenly I couldn't even break the top 20 for a week, but since I got Poe to 4* I've easily made the top 10 and today for the first time I decided to spend 50 crystals on a refresh and I managed to finish first. Now tell me, should a team of much lower level and power be able to do that or could it be that Poe actually is OP?

Whether they nerf him or not, I'm fine either way. But I want what's best for the game and the community and if that means nerfing a hero in use then so be it.

YmR78pL.jpg
    MANtd30.jpgrChRL5M.jpg6sCdI4a.jpg
    Post edited by ThalosKirano on
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Not disagreeing with you... but you gotta bear in mind the power ratings are very misleading.... as they don't take into account how something with synergize better with one thing than another...

All it shows is the raw basic power of a character...

I have always found I struggle more attacking teams with lower power rating teams than higher rated teams... Simply cause usually those that throw in very high rating teams are just putting in their strongest characters without considering synergy
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    LOL, #1 with that roster is almost insulting.

Clearly, there's one conclusion: Thalos Kirano is OP and needs nerf, EA pls. :wink:

But on the other hand, you're VERY lucky with that server, my top 10 is already flooded with maxed out whales since yesterday.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Omg another one.

Seriously OP would be making a garbage team a godly team.

Poe doesn't make a garbage line up miraculously some beast of a team.

He works well in tangent with other toons and specifically better with some toons.

People cry way too much I swear
  • Options

Clearly, there's one conclusion: Thalos Kirano is OP and needs nerf, EA pls. :wink:

But on the other hand, you're VERY lucky with that server, my top 10 is already flooded with maxed out whales since yesterday.

There are a couple of those on my server,you just can't see them. They're in 7th and 9th atm.
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Omg another one.

Seriously OP would be making a garbage team a godly team.

Poe doesn't make a garbage line up miraculously some beast of a team.

He works well in tangent with other toons and specifically better with some toons.

People cry way too much I swear

Erm, why would I cry about finishing first? Use that grey matter ;)
  • Options

That roster is actually one of the few that can actually win when your Poe goes second with a 30% win-rate or so.
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • Options
    If they would reduce the speed of Poe everything would be fixed immediately. If speed would be similar to Luminara's for example, it would make it much more balanced. 50% of the games he would get ability blocked and 50% of the games he would be exactly as OP as he is now.

You know the reason why people are crying over Poe is due to them not being able to win reliably against him. Before Poe every arena battle was a win, after Poe it no longer is the case and people want that status-quo rather than actually trying to come up with ways to counter it as few others are trying in this forum like @JohnnySteelAlpha
  • Options
    If Poe was the sole reason you got to #1, you have much bigger issues.

I've been #1 numerous times with and without Poe on my server (against teams with and without Poe). Poe doesn't make or break anything. RNG makes the fight. Anyone who says RNG isn't the single most determining factor in Arena battles is seriously deluding themselves.
    You know the reason why people are crying over Poe is due to them not being able to win reliably against him. Before Poe every arena battle was a win, after Poe it no longer is the case and people want that status-quo rather than actually trying to come up with ways to counter it as few others are trying in this forum like @JohnnySteelAlpha

This.
  • Options
    If Poe was the sole reason you got to #1, you have much bigger issues.

I've been #1 numerous times with and without Poe on my server (against teams with and without Poe). Poe doesn't make or break anything. RNG makes the fight. Anyone who says RNG isn't the single most determining factor in Arena battles is seriously deluding themselves.

This.

Much bigger issues? Kid, it's a game I don't really have "issues" :D
  • Options

I apologize, I should have clarified 'Arena Team Issues'. ;)

And, thanks for the compliment... I haven't been called 'Kid' in probably over 40 years!
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

And, thanks for the compliment... I haven't been called 'Kid' in probably over 40 years!

Haha, I guess it wasn't solely due to Poe since Droid teams kick some serious behind.

Anytime, it does say it in your name after all :p
  • Options
    AI sucks you should win against AI easy.
  • Options
    Poe OP, I have never read that complaint anywhere before. I agree and disagree with this premise.
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    AI sucks you should win against AI easy.

Sure. That's why 90% of the posts on here are about how people can't bear Poe teams or even other teams.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Poe OP, I have never read that complaint anywhere before. I agree and disagree with this premise.

Mine isn't a complaint. Why would I complain about being able to finish 1st? It's more of a backing up of the "Poe is OP" movement.
  • Options

That roster is actually one of the few that can actually win when your Poe goes second with a 30% win-rate or so.

You got the definition of "roster" wrong, buddy. Look at ALL the characters he has, not just the "team".
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options

So you're like 60 then?
  • Options

Mine isn't a complaint. Why would I complain about being able to finish 1st? It's more of a backing up of the "Poe is OP" movement.

Ahhh my bad I thought the "Poe is OP movement" was a series of complaints, thank you for correcting my inability to understand that what you are trying to do is nothing like what the ordinary whine threads do.

You have indeed taken it to a new level, congrats!

• Options

Ahhh my bad I thought the "Poe is OP movement" was a series of complaints, thank you for correcting my inability to understand that what you are trying to do is nothing like what the ordinary whine threads do.

What a surprise. Bent Wookie being vitriolic and offering nothing useful to the conversation. Thank you for confirming your inability to contribute anything useful to this forum :)
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    His team is great, so I am not sure why anyone would doubt it (I didn't read all the posts, so I might not fully understand the drama).

In fact I think it might be one of the best available teams.
  • Options
    Poe is Poe at this point.

Like it or dislike it.

Agree he is OP or not.

It no longer matters. It's been hashed out enough.

All we can do is play on now and if something happens with Poe or not is out of our control at this point.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    His team is great, so I am not sure why anyone would doubt it (I didn't read all the posts, so I might not fully understand the drama).

In fact I think it might be one of the best available teams.

Thanks. It will be (hopefully) once I level/star them all up. My only debate now is whether to replace IG-88 with HK-47 but 88's AoE attack is lethal.
  • Options
    Firstly, this isn't a thread complaining about Poe being OP becaue I'm benefitting from him being so. But he 100% is OP. Look at the images below, you'll see that my team aren't even fully leveled up, you'll see that the opposition I'm facing are all a few levels and a few thousand power ahead of me, but you will also see that I managed to finish 1st in arena and there's one reason for that; his name is Poe.

My team has great synergy, I run with Poggle as leader, 86, 88, Geo Soldier and Poe. But whilst that's a decent team on paper, it wouldn't be strong enough to compete with the top 10 on my server without Poe reducing the oppositions turn meters and taking the hits which keep my squishy droid team alive. Even at 4* Poe is the most important hero in my roster. I finished top 10 for 3 consecutive weeks, then the revPoelution began and suddenly I couldn't even break the top 20 for a week, but since I got Poe to 4* I've easily made the top 10 and today for the first time I decided to spend 50 crystals on a refresh and I managed to finish first. Now tell me, should a team of much lower level and power be able to do that or could it be that Poe actually is OP?

YmR78pL.jpg
    MANtd30.jpgrChRL5M.jpg6sCdI4a.jpg

You are lucky on your server. I face a guy runs a 7* Purple Hk, 86,88,Poe,Poggle where 86,88 crit in the teens. I beat it regularly with near 3k less power. Poe is not OP. He simply has a very diverse kit that when used with the right toons synches very well making the team stronger. Put him on a Team of Jedi and Face a 5* max or better Dooku and a Max Sid and 6* plus maxed Maul with say Phasma lead and Ren. You'd be shredded because Poe can't make the Jedi able to hit Sid and Dooku, he can't make Maul not a killer of Jedi, nor can he protect from the 4 AOE's that team can blow off.

If he were OP he'd make a crappy team a top team, or make any advantages nil. He is just a very good toon that can make very good builds even better. Poggle, Geo, your droids all have good synergy. Poe expose and protecting them as Poggle Buffs allows a ton of damage fast. The flip side is it is easy to counter that. Your build has 1 turn 7 toon. The build I run has 4. Odds are one of my toons goes first. If it is Dooku with his abilities Max someone is stunned or damaged badly. If it is Geo one of your Droids is gone, or maybe I'll 1 shot you Poe with his special. If it is Sid I'm hitting a droid. If it is Poe your team is dead very fast. Again Poe is not OP, just a very good toon.

Your build is nice though. When you get them all maxed and hit 70 it will be quite awesome. Geo will go to turn 7 for you at gear 9.

Good luck to you
  • Options
    Poe is Poe at this point.

Like it or dislike it.

Agree he is OP or not.

It no longer matters. It's been hashed out enough.

All we can do is play on now and if something happens with Poe or not is out of our control at this point.

The main point I've made in several other threads is that I have no issue if they nerf him. Atm he's helping me punch above my teams weight (IMO) so I have no complaints there. But, that said, I want what's best for the game and the community and I think a nerfing of Poe is just that.
  • Options

What a surprise. Bent Wookie being vitriolic and offering nothing useful to the conversation. Thank you for confirming your inability to contribute anything useful to this forum :)

You welcome, thank you for starting yet another Poe is OP thread instead of just using one of the myriad of others. I appreciate the clever way you did it in order to maximize attention to yourself. You are indeed the savior of the forum!