**Updated & Expanded** Game Update for 8/5/2016 - COMMENTS- ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Oh yea, my bad lol
  • 336sec
    110 posts Member
    Options
    Just did update from playstore and no new tags...whats up with that ?
  • Options

Please note that some of these changes are already live, but not all of them will be until August 5th.

EDIT: Added additional changes and bug fixes. Also, this update may take up to 48 hours to fully roll out to all players. Once the update is available in your region you can manually download it from the App Store or Google Play Store, or you can wait and be automatically updated on Friday, August 5th.

[*] To incentivize players to remain in one guild and mitigate some known exploits associated with Guild Switching, there is now a 48 hour cooldown period where a player will not receive Raid rewards for a Raid completed within 48 hours of leaving the previous Guild.[/quote]

2:22 pm est no update in app store
  • Options
    It's a cash grab, I spent ten dollars and seventy nine cents American on credits last night. Basically got just enough to take my top six from 73 to 74. I enjoy it more than the pack of cigarettes I didn't buy, by quitting smoking so I could afford this game.

Based on the amount of tax on 9.99 and the price of cigarettes I have now doxed myself down to the state level.
  • Options
    It's a cash grab, I spent ten dollars and seventy nine cents American on credits last night. Basically got just enough to take my top six from 73 to 74. I enjoy it more than the pack of cigarettes I didn't buy, by quitting smoking so I could afford this game.

Based on the amount of tax on 9.99 and the price of cigarettes I have now doxed myself down to the state level.

Look at you big spender. 10$? Wow
  • Goride
    57 posts Member
    Options
    What are in these "daily packs?" I don't see any in my store.
  • Options

Imagine If you kicked that Dark habit, you could shoot level 80 across the board
  • Options
    This is all well and good but for those of us outside the USA, somehow the timing of everything seems to be off. Update happens later, events happen later, etc...Meaning we often miss out on these things. It would be nice to adapt the timing to the local time zones so we are all on equal level here?
  • Daddyl
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Just updated don't see any status change to i88 anyone else having this?
  • Goride
    57 posts Member
    Options
    Daddyl wrote: »
    Patch isn't out yet for anyone
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    downloading from app store as we speak
  • Options

Yep, no tags updated. No scoundrel tags for STH/IG88, no Separatist tags for Dooku and team.
  • Options
    Keyanreid wrote: »

Yep, no tags updated. No scoundrel tags for STH/IG88, no Separatist tags for Dooku and team.

Same here.

Power totals are now displaying properly with Mods added
  • apex
    1 posts Member
    Options
    No new data packs
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Updated and no scoundrels tags!
    Only thing new is cantina has new look.
    Whoopi do!
    Where is this promise?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Spartamaj wrote: »
    Spartamaj wrote: »
    Rubic06 wrote: »
    Another change negatively affecting the player base. Killing mercing means that guilds will not risk running T7 raids for lack of a safety net. The game has plenty of ways to slow progression. This one is simply unnecessary and punitive.

@Rubic06 uh what? Mercs can still join guilds doing T7 raids and help them finish it off. They won't get any rewards, but I thought the point of mercing was helping your fellow players? :wink: Guess not huh

Are you dumb or what? I'm all about going to help people, but you won't get rewards from your own raid either since there is a 48h wait period before getting reward. Meh

Then wait until your guild is done doing its raids before helping out other guilds? I'm telling you it's called common sense, you should try it out sometime.

And then next raid I won't get reward unless they wait for me.

My guild does raids on the weekends and Wednesday so I would definitely have time in between then to go "help" other guilds. Maybe suggest that kind of schedule to your guild so you can keep "helping" other guilds

You need a minimum of 96 hrs from your payout, when you jump, until you can receive rewards from your home guild, 48 hrs jump out, 48 hrs after the jump back, plus raid time in the second guild. 5 days would be a rough estimate

Except in this situation I'm not jumping to the other guild for rewards, I'm jumping there to help them finish the raid. After that I jump right back to my home guild so in essence I only have to wait 49 hours total.
    Your response makes it clear that you only went to other guilds for the extra rewards, helping out weaker players was an easy excuse to take advantage of the system.
    Let me stress this once again, you are still more than welcome to hop into other guilds and help them finish their raid. Yes you don't get the extra rewards, and that's good because that's not in the true spirit of what guilds are about.
    The reason so many mercs were eager to help out weaker guilds was to reap the personal rewards at the end. Actually helping others advance in this game was an afterthought.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • x72821
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Couple of thoughts:
    Love the advance notice on the updates

Hate that you killed/complicated mercing

PS, scoundrel tags aren't working
  • Bohdi_85
    26 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Greetings,

Here are the notes for the update that will be fully rolled out by Friday.
    Please note that some of these changes are already live, but not all of them will be until August 5th.

EDIT: Added additional changes and bug fixes. Also, this update may take up to 48 hours to fully roll out to all players. Once the update is available in your region you can manually download it from the App Store or Google Play Store, or you can wait and be automatically updated on Friday, August 5th.

General
    • The Omega Battles event returns on August 6th and 7th. Get your Jawas, Ewoks, First Order and Empire characters ready for this weekend event to earn those rare Ability Material Omega pieces.
      • Saturday, August 6th will require Empire & Ewok characters
      • Sunday, August 7th will require First Order & Jawas.
    • Daily packs are now available for purchase to help players build out their squads for Mod Challenges. Each pack will be available for 24 hours from August 5th - August 10th and may be purchased a max of 10 times each.
    • Galactic Gear Packs are available again for 24 hours starting on August 8th. They may be purchased up to 5 times.
    • The Sunday Guild activity “This Should Be Easy, Right?” has been changed from completing Cantina Battles to spending Cantina Energy.
    • The Daily activity “Battle Hardened” now counts any battle that uses Cantina Energy.
    • To incentivize players to remain in one guild and mitigate some known exploits associated with Guild Switching, there is now a 48 hour cooldown period where a player will not receive Raid rewards for a Raid completed within 48 hours of leaving the previous Guild.
    • We are introducing messaging in Guild Chat to surface important events or accomplishments for the Guild. The initial implementation will include messaging about membership and Raid status. We will then be adding more messaging over the coming weeks. Players can turn off this messaging if desired. Messaging Examples:
      • Membership
        • Player joins a Guild/Accepted by Officer
        • Player leaves Guild
        • Player is Promoted to Officer/Leader
        • Player is Demoted
        • Player is Removed
      • Raid Messaging
        • Raid Started
        • Phase Completed
        • Raid Defeated/Top Contributor
        • Raids are now available to be launched
      • Player who have been suspended will now see additional information including the time left in the suspension, their ally code, and a Contact Us button.
      • Datacards now have the ability to display a range for a particular item. For example the Credit Data Cards now display the full range of possible drops. The Credits earned from the Credit Data Cards were also rounded up.

Bugs
      • In phase 1 of the Rancor Raid, the Gamorreans will now attack a taunting character even if another character has deathmark.
      • Fixed a bug that could cause temporary buffs to interact strangely with Dispels if the target also had a permanent buff to the same stat (like from a Leader or Unique ability.) This bug caused many Dispel effects to either fail or function inconsistently (ex: Qui-Gon Jinn's Dispel ability failing to grant Offense Up even when successfully Dispelling a buff.)
      • Fixed a bug that could allow Jedi to Resist the Ability Block on Vader's basic ability.
      • Fixed a bug that caused several characters that apply negative status effects when they Counter to expire early. Characters affected include Aayla Secura, Count Dooku, Fives, Hoth Rebel Soldier, Kylo Ren, and MagnaGuard. (Note: other characters that do not normally have Counter Attack Chance may also be affected, and will be fixed in a more comprehensive future update.)
      • Fixed a bug that could cause Vader's basic ability to deal damage twice.
      • Grand Master Yoda: "Masterstroke" will no longer grant Evasion Up when hitting a Poggle the Lesser with "Metal Hive."
      • Fixed a bug that caused many abilities that trigger on enemies with negative status effects to not consider Topple a negative status effect. Characters affected include Dengar, IG-88, Jawa, Poe, Resistance Trooper, Sun Fac, and Tusken Shaman.
      • Fixed a bug that could cause the Turn Meter reduction effect Qui-Gon's Basic ability to ignore Evasion.
      • Corrected an issue where some of the stats gained through Mods were not properly increasing a Character's displayed Power value.
      • Fixed a bug with Echo's Follow-Up ability that allowed allies that weren't currently taking their turn to grant Echo Assists.
      • Wedge Antilles: "Red Leader" now functions correctly.
      • IG-88, Gamorrean Guard and Stormtrooper Han now have the “Scoundrel” tag.
      • Fixed a bug that caused the Damage Over Time effects inflicted by IG-88's Leader Ability to be Unresistable.
      • Count Dooku, Asajj Ventriss, B2 Super Battle Droid, Nute Gunray, Geonosian Soldier, Geonosian Spy, Poggle the Lesser, General Grievous, IG-100 MagnaGuard and Sun Fac now have the “Separatist” Tag. No changes for these characters are being introduced at this time. In the future, these characters may be updated to utilize this affiliation or to adjust their existing kits to provide synergy.
      • A bug was fixed where the player would see a message "You have not met the requirements necessary to enter this mission" when out of energy and attempting to battle.
      • Fixed a bug where Guild Chat was displaying random spaces between messages.
      • Fixed a bug where the turn meter reduction for Qui-Gon Jinn could not be evaded.
      • When viewing possible primary stats for a Mod slot, it was showing both percentage and additive primary stats. This has been changed to only display percentage based stats.
      • Fixed a bug where Stage 1, Battle 1 in Mod Battles was always selected on entering. Mod Battles will now reflect the next Battle to complete or the last Battle completed if all Battles are complete.
      • Fixed a bug where all characters were showing a +1 for AGI, STR, and INT that was coming from Mods even when Mods were not equipped.
      • Fixed a bug where the background on Galactic War Details was not covering the screen.
      • Fixed a visual bug with the Daily Login where the current day was not being properly highlighted.
      • Fixed a bug where the rewards in events and challenges could not be tapped for details in some instances.
      • Fixed a bug where players could sell a mod prior to the Mod's tutorial being complete and be unable to progress.
      • Fixed a bug where some stat labels such as "Critical Damage" were overlaping the stat numbers when upgrading a Mod.
      • Fixed a bug where the Donation Request button in character details appeared opaque when a request cooldown was active.
      • Fixed a bug where characters were not using abilities that would attack all enemies when on autobattle.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/60202/game-update-for-8-5-2016/p1?new=1

Where are the packs? It's almost August the 6th, currently it's 9:38 gmt. So the rest of the world misses out on the ability to get packs, only catering to the USA?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    bngman wrote: »
    Updated and no scoundrels tags!
    Only thing new is cantina has new look.
    Whoopi do!
    Where is this promise?

Yep, downloaded from App Store and it's incomplete. The level of incompetence at every turn is astounding.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    @BentWookiee @EA_Jesse

Is there a window for when the content will be activated? The updates are in stores, but the pack that is supposed to start today isn't available yet.
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    We're aiming to have the forced upgrade go out in the next 2 hours. Once you see the client restart message all of the update notes should be live.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    I received a push notification saying new packs are available... sadly they are not yet :(
  • Options
    No scoundrel or separatist tag on my toons !! I've done the update on ios !
  • NoMack
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Morflex wrote: »

2 spots up it says it'll be done in the next 2 hrs.
  • Options
    NoMack wrote: »

Yes. The forced update will; however, you can manually update right now for many people (which many of us did). In doing so, tags have not changed and packs are not available in store yet.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    We're aiming to have the forced upgrade go out in the next 2 hours. Once you see the client restart message all of the update notes should be live.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

So the update is on the 6th and not the 5th and anyone in a different time zone can get stuffed? Everyone in UK/Eu now misses out on the packs which you said would be avaliable on the 5th
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Options
    NoMack wrote: »

Yes. The forced update will; however, you can manually update right now for many people (which many of us did). In doing so, tags have not changed and packs are not available in store yet.

Right, because they can't roll that out until they're able make the update required, which couldn't be done until the updated was available to all devices.
  • Options
    Seems like the Arena viewing of toons doesn't Refresh anymore. Good job with this, guys.
  • Options
    Full update is here in California now.