***TOURNAMENT MEGATHREAD*** (All related posts here)

Replies

• Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    15min till refresh of toons in north and south america...rank 1 here i come

Will there be a final refresh around this time tomorrow? Should be, right?

Yes... times will be fixed next tournament

I am not counting on that. My last refresh was 24 hours ago and it is now over 1 hour past the scheduled refresh.

It just says "ends in 22h 47mins".

This is just unbelievable!!
  • ddlooping
    39 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Refreshed my main attacking team for 5 crystals a piece (that's what it showed on each of my toons).
    Clicked on the "Battle/OK..." (whatever it's labelled) button before I realised it actually said it would cost me 40 instead of 20 (4 x 5).
    How do I contact support?
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »

I am not counting on that. My last refresh was 24 hours ago and it is now over 1 hour past the scheduled refresh.

No. This has been explained. The refresh happened at 5pm CET, rather than at 9AM. This has happened twice now. The main question remaining is whether at 5pm today we get another refresh, or the event ends and we hit payout.
  • Options
    I do like the idea of the event. It s different from arena. It s fresh. And rewards are great. Some tend to forget that. Even as f2p you can get a decent reward.

I personally dont care about the gap between f2p and p2p. Both in arena as in the event your direct competition is the people with similar toons. So what if you r not competing for #1.

I did pay a fair amount (below 1.000, but still crazy for a mobile game), but stopped paying except for the occasional 20 eur. People willing to keep spending have my utmost respect, they keep this game free for freeloaders like me.

Honestly, anything over € 60 is nuts. For € 60 you can get a new AAA playstation title, which is in many ways, a lot more interesting than this. If you're in it for the collecting (and I partially am, it was also one of the reasons I was completely addicted to MtG in high school), Hearthstone gives you a huge amount of cards for € 60.

The only games I can think of paying more than € 60 for, are games like WoW, where you have to pay a monthly subscription. But the amount of content in WoW was about a billion times larger than in SWGOH.

Imho, mobile games should expect to get about €5 from me (which is what I am willing to pay up front for a good mobile game). It's one of the reasons I am completely F2P in this game, because I know €5 is going to get me absolutely nowhere, so I might as well not spend anything.

As for the idea of the tournament as an experiment in the economics for auctioning off the p2p chars: yeah, perhaps. It's still a rather **** bait and switch. Instead of announcing this as a "tournament", they should have just announced it as the auction it is (at high levels, for lowbies like me, the tournament seems to stay truer to its form).
  • Options
    My characters are not refreshing. It's the last 24hours is this just a way for ea to make us buy crystals
  • AKS
    81 posts Member
    Options
    First place on my server is sitting at 25k. Exploit or not that is stil thousands of dollars. EA/CG will soak up the funds in this blatant money grab and say "oops, we'll fix the next one". This is comical.

Also, this is fully planned. No one could be this bad at their job and still have one.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Naw wrote: »

No. This has been explained. The refresh happened at 5pm CET, rather than at 9AM. This has happened twice now. The main question remaining is whether at 5pm today we get another refresh, or the event ends and we hit payout.

Maybe you missed what I wrote or assume I am in your area?

For me there was the extra refresh during the time I tend to sleep and another one during the day rather than the expected 10am. I missed the incorrectly timed refresh as I expected to have all evening to play.

That was the last refresh I had. Am I looking at a refresh later today? I sure hope so, but I'm not going to hold my breath!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Apparently every time you battle, the points you are rewarded for both survivors and enemies defeated continually goes down.

Such a scoring system does NOT reward deep rosters - it punishes them for trying to push further without perfectly modded/geared secondary teams.

TL;DR Don't try to fight battlew you're not sure you can win or you're losing points.

As Lando said "This deal gets worse and worse all the time" - just when I thought this auction couldn't get worse, another bug, exploit or poor design choice shows up.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    It's one of the reasons I am completely F2P in this game, because I know €5 is going to get me absolutely nowhere, so I might as well not spend anything.

@Acrofales I don't think you can even buy anything for 5€, let alone something that has even the slightest noticeable impact on your progression...
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    is it normal to earn less and less points each batle in this tournment???
    Or i'm doing sonething wrong?

Fist batles i got something like +12or+17/ +29. Now its just +6/+14. Why?
  • Options
    Kojih wrote: »
    is it normal to earn less and less points each batle in this tournment???
    Or i'm doing sonething wrong?

Fist batles i got something like +12or+17/ +29. Now its just +6/+14. Why?

Read the post just above yours ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Cor
    124 posts Member
    Options
    Oooohwee. I was ranked first in mine for the first 5 or so hours (before everyone was exploiting). The points drop as you accumulate more. It has nothing to do with rank I'm pretty sure. I've been at 3 for a kill and 7 for a survival since I ended at rank 1. I'm currently ranked in the 60s and it's exactly the same. It's a very misleading system. There is no reason points shouldn't be a flat rate throughout. At least then you really know how far you are from the top.

Same for me. Ended on +3/+7 when reached #1 in first few hours of the event. Then exploiters kicked in and I started going down in ranking. Not much chance to catch up now with every fight scored at +3/+7, so keep going down. Quite a pain.
  • Options
    This game is one terrible joke. Released a repackaged arena as a exploitable tourney. The most exciting thing about this game is how can things get worse? So glad I stopped buying crystals back in July.

Congratulations on another half thought out "fully" tested release. Can't wait to see more exploitable releases in the future.
    Bye Forums.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Cor wrote: »
    Oooohwee. I was ranked first in mine for the first 5 or so hours (before everyone was exploiting). The points drop as you accumulate more. It has nothing to do with rank I'm pretty sure. I've been at 3 for a kill and 7 for a survival since I ended at rank 1. I'm currently ranked in the 60s and it's exactly the same. It's a very misleading system. There is no reason points shouldn't be a flat rate throughout. At least then you really know how far you are from the top.

Same for me. Ended on +3/+7 when reached #1 in first few hours of the event. Then exploiters kicked in and I started going down in ranking. Not much chance to catch up now with every fight scored at +3/+7, so keep going down. Quite a pain.

Yep - it's a pretty nefarious scoring system. It punishes you for fighting early in the "tournament", for trying different team comps with secondary teams or for trying to "push" a little further with slightly weaker teams.

As Watto would say - Nothing else works on this system....only money...oh, and cheating.

• Options
    I really like the suggestion the tournement should be 24 hours, no refreshes and dont allow changing of defence team.
    The reset bug and defence team cheat really make this tournament an epic fail!
  • Options
    By the way, where is my character refresh? It said I would have one in 8 hours.... But until now, 16 hours later, there is none. What on earth is happening?

Read the announcements. It'll refresh at 2:00pm (Pacfiic) if you're in North/South America.

Anyway, I'm fine with the tournament. There have been dumb bugs (like the clock, most notably) and your second and third teams aren't contributing much more than hopefully killing one character before they all get killed. But the former is a bug that can be fixed, and the latter is something I can fix myself by investing in more than my top 10 characters.

I should finish in the 1000-1500 bracket, and have only done one paid refresh (because I saw an all-Jawa team and wanted to see how that worked) so I figure I'm doing alright.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Would be curious the math, it goes up to 100 crystals per toon for refresh, given the 40 points a win at top of the leaderboard, that's a lot of crystals. But with deeper rosters the refresh may not be as bad spread across 4-5 teams

Ooohwee. Actually, it goes up to 150 per toon per refresh (750 for a full squad). Max pts at the highest levels are 3 for a kill, 7 for a survivor (50 max). That's only if you are playing the way that it was intended to be played though...
  • Motoko
    92 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    What are the costs of refreshing one unit?
    5, 15, 25, 50...?

Does it go higher than that and does it ever cap to the point you are not allowed to use that squad again?
  • Options
  • Options
    Oooohwee. Caps at 150 each toon.
  • MadMalgus
    84 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Found an easy way to fix the tournament. First off, reward thresholds like the guild dailies. Once you reach a certain amount of points you get 'c' rewards. Once you reach the next threshold, 'b' rewards etc. And CG can still make money if they make the highest thresholds hard to get to. Like if they made the highest threshold 10k points or so. Super whales will still do it but less people would feel screwed.

Secondly something must be done to discourage the guild buddy leapfrog exploit we have running rampant with guilds like Team Instinct.

The points system will have to be changed to accommodate but I think it could work.
  • Options
    And since points pro rate DOWN as you go up..

I've spent an ok amount and done quite ok having tools to dominate most teams with 2-3 of my teams and win against Lando Wiggs reliably ( but not shut out) on one, score ok the other two.

I have 3200.

Consider the level of abuse the designers failed to grasp. Did you borrow the designers of new Coke, crystal Pepsi and the engineers for the Yugo for this Charlie Foxtrot?

Epic win guys. Can you write for Gsme of Thrones and Walking Dead next and get them cancelled mid season?

( Grats to TS/TI, et al for breaking it. Not going to follow you, personal choice, but it's the framework you were given to optimize and you did well in doing so )
  • Options
    So many people in this thread with deep roosters. Is there a store i don't know about or something?
  • AlexB
    40 posts Member
    Options
    I liked the tournament, hope they do it again soon. Congrats to team instinct for sorting out their strategy and sticking to it.
  • Options
    Ok, **** is up with the points awarded for a win? Look at this:
    IfOaNAYAoFwRwkyCKab6zDTuT3kjiuahUfGbiNlYyxu70_Gn9qLOwgu5dO9Gc3iKI6kRKMEv_QOvbsrlHqOjltypDE1Lo1glvT-Y4E1NG1VUYGSx21Z5PqVDg_x8Sny8kQGZqasJ9hLkQly_h0IzxznserKMUKmY0XT8Ys16KHM4ja_semta5EdyxRdQzX-Gwt74hleZzNtx8CApO58li-GxLc2wpcbsZueOJ7weBdo54uIr5VDn1mlDWFsGudtrqiOZv4qktmrZrN3wAAgoSQ7ZFsnK2qpEoXvGt4c_OU7BOU8dOwTx51DSc2rsD-ls2A-spUnpT9TuLbXgcBlv3_LplumVJhfmNjzfl95Z8VYBJqD0Dy2rUy5Hz-mH12hTV4Pn8lrrhTv57k72zY1pnCqGjL3vJ3Ou5f0kIaHXhed5bGMzGpp2NQjaP4uSahjDIKs-hjWH1Qt4x5n5BcR1MmBDGFEc1ugR1ju_j_nrXilbr2nfKe4snSFPkLjBJC25XqqYkPfS_TrXRZxWXlcolAXpJ6xT_iuLdyV3m-bP0fZAl2qYN0TMU9OtiG1N9FVyXQCBcrmGJItUYMo_f_nNHovuQbjPGwHtMRHVJr1cZ95o4tihLA=w1679-h944-no

Why in Luke's name is beating #10 and #11 worth less than beating #8? It's clearly not their squad power, because #8 has a lower squad power. It's clearly not based (only) off my total points. My current guess is that it has something to do with point differential:

CONSTANT * (opponent points - own points) / (own points)

The more points you have, the larger the denominator, and because it always matches you with people relatively near your own score, (opponent points - own points) stays smallish. Probably with minor variations due to things like I am seeing in the screenshot above.

For the record, I have 2,293 points
    Rank 8 has: 2,681 points
    Rank 9 has: 2,624 points
    Rank 10 has: 2,418 points
    Rank 11 has: 2,316 points

Rank 9 gives an inbetween return: 7 for wins, 18 for losses.

However, there doesn't seem to be a CONSTANT for which this works in the above formula. Maybe there's a log there somewhere too? It just seems really weird.

• Options
    I'm ftp and I have 800 points, this isn't a tournament it's a spendathon
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Options
    I'm ftp and I have 800 points, this isn't a tournament it's a spendathon

And part collusion
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, **** is up with the points awarded for a win? Look at this:
    IfOaNAYAoFwRwkyCKab6zDTuT3kjiuahUfGbiNlYyxu70_Gn9qLOwgu5dO9Gc3iKI6kRKMEv_QOvbsrlHqOjltypDE1Lo1glvT-Y4E1NG1VUYGSx21Z5PqVDg_x8Sny8kQGZqasJ9hLkQly_h0IzxznserKMUKmY0XT8Ys16KHM4ja_semta5EdyxRdQzX-Gwt74hleZzNtx8CApO58li-GxLc2wpcbsZueOJ7weBdo54uIr5VDn1mlDWFsGudtrqiOZv4qktmrZrN3wAAgoSQ7ZFsnK2qpEoXvGt4c_OU7BOU8dOwTx51DSc2rsD-ls2A-spUnpT9TuLbXgcBlv3_LplumVJhfmNjzfl95Z8VYBJqD0Dy2rUy5Hz-mH12hTV4Pn8lrrhTv57k72zY1pnCqGjL3vJ3Ou5f0kIaHXhed5bGMzGpp2NQjaP4uSahjDIKs-hjWH1Qt4x5n5BcR1MmBDGFEc1ugR1ju_j_nrXilbr2nfKe4snSFPkLjBJC25XqqYkPfS_TrXRZxWXlcolAXpJ6xT_iuLdyV3m-bP0fZAl2qYN0TMU9OtiG1N9FVyXQCBcrmGJItUYMo_f_nNHovuQbjPGwHtMRHVJr1cZ95o4tihLA=w1679-h944-no

Why in Luke's name is beating #10 and #11 worth less than beating #8? It's clearly not their squad power, because #8 has a lower squad power. It's clearly not based (only) off my total points. My current guess is that it has something to do with point differential:

CONSTANT * (opponent points - own points) / (own points)

The more points you have, the larger the denominator, and because it always matches you with people relatively near your own score, (opponent points - own points) stays smallish. Probably with minor variations due to things like I am seeing in the screenshot above.

For the record, I have 2,293 points
    Rank 8 has: 2,681 points
    Rank 9 has: 2,624 points
    Rank 10 has: 2,418 points
    Rank 11 has: 2,316 points

Rank 9 gives an inbetween return: 7 for wins, 18 for losses.

However, there doesn't seem to be a CONSTANT for which this works in the above formula. Maybe there's a log there somewhere too? It just seems really weird.

Any chance we could get a developer to answer how points awarded are determined?

I have tried asking what I thought was this simple question multiple times.

• Options
    Blimey who was the angry person? :neutral: that's kind of scary to be honest. We all get frustrated but that was Woah!
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    @Nikoms565 , @Acrofales
    apparently the closer your rank to your opponent the less points you get, so my guessing would be rank 8 of that image is the next tier so to speak thats why you get more points
    just guessing though like everyone else