The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Ok I'm back after doing some research. Android is an operating system made by google.
    Droid is made by Motorola, owned by google til 2014.
    Both were successfully sued by lucasfilms for the use of droid, i dont know how they won the android case but they did.
    Droid has been used to describe multiple smartphones that use the Android OS, this is probably why lucasfilms won the case, but specifically for the Motorola Droid. Verizon is the ones obligated to pay royalties to lucasfilms.
  • Options
    So the datamine shows they are releasing 2 packs with the Uwing Ship.

IOS users get ship blueprints and Bistan Shards(Not farmable)
    Android users get ship blueprints and Scarriff Rebel Pathfinder shards(easy farm)

Once again, giving Apple the exclusive. But I am sure you guys will still find a reason to cry about it being unfair.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    I don't understand why the developers aren't addressing this? Why are we left to argue and speculate?

They did address it. They said "Yep, K-2SO is a Google exclusive character."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/80688/rogue-one-heroes-emperors-demise#latest

But they didn't address rumors or speculation if there would be an Apple one. By their silence on that is it implied that we will be left out in the cold?

There silence doesn't imply anything. You are inferring (or at least suggesting what should be inferred). Why would they comment on rumors and speculation? If they did that, they would be posting here all day instead of actually working on the game. Now, since you are new to the forums, I will try to shed a little light on a few things, that might not only benefit you, but also serve as a helpful reminder to many people posting who seem to forget a few of these things from time to time:

1) Communication about what is done in the game in terms of updates, events, new contents, etc. is often very spotty at best. Communication as to why is often much worse. So if you're expecting extensive details, stat breakdowns, in depth explanation and analysis from developers, unfortunately, you have picked the wrong company/game/forum, etc.

2) Rumors and speculation are generally ignored by the developers (partly for reasons I suggested above). Occasionally someone will post something from Reddit or something that was "data mined" - and it will often be closed, deleted or at least we will all be reminded that anything posted that is data mined is not necessarily fact or imminent.

3) There have been many platform-exclusive promotions on both sides. None have broken the game or given a substantial unfair advantage (despite the forum raging that has occurred with each instance). Do I like platform-exclusive content? Absolutely not. Do I realize that it is very much "par for the course" here and in many other games? Yes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Android users get ship blueprints and Scarriff Rebel Pathfinder shards(easy farm)

Once again, giving Apple the exclusive. But I am sure you guys will still find a reason to cry about it being unfair.

Useless ship shards, not full ship vs 7star rebel droid ......want to trade? Yea I didn't think so
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    DarthLucaz wrote: »
    Ok I'm back after doing some research. Android is an operating system made by google.
    Droid is made by Motorola, owned by google til 2014.
    Both were successfully sued by lucasfilms for the use of droid, i dont know how they won the android case but they did.
    Droid has been used to describe multiple smartphones that use the Android OS, this is probably why lucasfilms won the case, but specifically for the Motorola Droid. Verizon is the ones obligated to pay royalties to lucasfilms.

Keep researching. Verizon pays a royalty to Lucas for the use of Droid. That's why only Verizon exclusive phones use the droid term. Google doesn't pay Lucas anything for using the word Android.

Edit: to go further, if LucasFilms started calling their robots "androids" instead of "droids" they would have to license that from Google.
  • Options

And once again you are incorrect. Bistan is farmable in ship shipments. He's there everyday. And again, at least both sides will get something.

• Options
    It's awesomest
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    This is sooooo unfair... I'm going to delete my SWGOH game account and blow up my mobile devices.

Kylo+ren_c60996_5785455.jpg
  • Options

lol :smiley:
    scarif pathfinder is an easy farm?
    Then why did you say before that wedge was hard to farm?!
    scarif pathfinder and wedge are both also in fleet shipments!

• Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    My last post was of course tounge in cheek. But the reality is that people here are getting passionately upset about something free on a phone game.

If only that passion could be turned to climate change, poverty, hunger, universal heath care, ending wars, ending Trump...........

Who knows what we could achieve as a species?

But that won't happen. Someone missed out on a phone game freebie and hell will freeze over before they stop being upset by it.

As an IOS user, you have a point there. I have so much more time for things now like my wife, kids, trees, riding unicorns... thank you for liberating me EA/CG. :smile:
  • Options
    It's really disappointing how much Android users are beating up on IOS users when they'd feel exactly the same if it was them missing out.

@EA_Jesse when will we get some explanation for this? It has caused a lot of disappointment. Every guild can see what other players are getting. Why would IOS players want to keep playing when Android players are treated so differently?
  • Options
    +1
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    I keep having replys and comments disappear. Is this forum being censored?

Are you sure that it isn't because of merges?
  • Options
    41 pages of disapproval for EA. And they say that there is "some noise" on the forum! Give me a break.
  • Options
    Oh sorry! My bad. 21 pages of disapproval and 20 pages of people calling iphone owners crybabies :wink:
  • Options
    My last post was of course tounge in cheek. But the reality is that people here are getting passionately upset about something free on a phone game.

If only that passion could be turned to climate change, poverty, hunger, universal heath care, ending wars, ending Trump...........

But that won't happen. Someone missed out on a phone game freebie and hell will freeze over before they stop being upset by it.

You are right. I've been so put off by this I find myself staring at the forums rather than playing the game itself. But just because someone has an issue with a game does not mean they are not passionate about more pressing issues in the world.

This is a forum for the game. A place for users to voice concerns about their game experience, not world issues. The underlying issue here is actually discrimination. People are being segregated and givin different content and expected to complete vs each other. There was no prior indicator when downloading a game by EA(not iOS or Android) that a user would have any advantage or disadvantage because of their device.

This isn't the old days were you just take it up the pooper and like it. When there is injustice or inequality, no matter how insignificant, you can speak out on your view. That's the beginning of change, then action. Like strike on spending

I wanted to post a picture of an Apple Water Fountain and Android Fountain from the 50's of segregation but that would be so wrong.
  • Options
    41 pages of disapproval for EA. And they say that there is "some noise" on the forum! Give me a break.

They are calling it "buzz on the forums"???
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »
    It's really disappointing how much Android users are beating up on IOS users when they'd feel exactly the same if it was them missing out.

@EA_Jesse when will we get some explanation for this? It has caused a lot of disappointment. Every guild can see what other players are getting. Why would IOS players want to keep playing when Android players are treated so differently?

Will the new FTP become IOS guild world first.
  • Options
    Oh sorry! My bad. 21 pages of disapproval and 20 pages of people calling iphone owners crybabies :wink:
    USAmazing wrote: »

Yep "buzz" "noise" is there much of a difference?
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »

Yep "buzz" "noise" is there much of a difference?

Depends on which phone you have... Apple or Android.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Astrid1381 wrote: »
    Seriously? Whining that you get a free toon and have to spend time on it. I get a free toon, I'm android. My only complaint is not fair to my fellow apple players.
    Finally an android user who understands

Yeah, my vote is ios gets a similar event, and then in the future, they flip them and release them together. Perhaps they get the other Rouge One guy en route, then with the Palpetine event, they get this event, we get that event, Palpetine shows up for everyone, and that's the Christmas bonus.
  • Options
    I vote ios gets a similar event for someone else, then in the future they release the events for the others, so ios gets this, and we get that one.
  • Options

Of course if people don't voice their opinion then nothing will change. That's usually how things change in the world. Or do people use esp to gauge people's thoughts and opinions on a topic!
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    This is nuts.
  • Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »

They have...and they did. Do a search for "Poe for Apple" or "Ewok Earth Day event" (i.e. Apple only), or "iOS Free Lando shards" or the more recent "Wedge Apple exclusive" - those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure other Android users could come up with an even more exhaustive list.

Oh and if you "weren't around for those" - guess what? They still happened. And will. Platform exclusive events are pretty common in this game - and have been. Not sure why all of the sudden the iOS Entitlement Force is out to scream about this one in particular.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    This is nuts.

Wow. I'm suprised nuts isn't censored.
  • BradGoodyear
    984 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I can't get over how you apple guys are so upset.

So let me get this straight.
    You drive a chevy, I drive a Ford.
    The only Tire provider starts giving tires out to Ford owners for being loyal paying customers, paid for by Ford.
    Who's fault is it that Chevy owners aren't getting free tires? Not the tire provider.

Translation:
    you have an Iphone, I have an android
    CG gives out a reward to android users paid for by Google.
    Who's fault is it that Apple owners aren;t getting free stuff? Not CG/EA, unless you ask all these apple users who seem to think it's EA/CGs fault.

This is a simple matter of Google promoting to their user base. Maybe in an effort to get you guys off your elitist Iphones. I saw at least a dozen posts of guys trying to see if they can switch to android. Promotion success! They are also promoting spending through google play. Thus the spending packs. Promotions are to get people to spend money. Success!

You guys that are all **** about this need to talk to Apple and ask them why you didn't get any promotions this time. This has nothing to do with Android, Google or CG, it has to do with Apple. At least cry to the right source.
  • Options

The only Tire provider starts giving tires out to Ford owners for being loyal paying customers, paid for by Ford.
    Who's fault is it that Chevy owners aren't getting free tires? Not the tire provider.

Translation:
    Who's fault is it that Apple owners aren;t getting free stuff? Not CG/EA, unless you ask all these apple users who seem to think it's EA/CGs fault.

This is a simple matter of Google promoting to their user base. Maybe in an effort to get you guys off your elitist Iphones. I saw at least a dozen posts of guys trying to see if they can switch to android. Promotion success! They are also promoting spending through google play. Thus the spending packs. Promotions are to get people to spend money. Success!

You guys that are all **** about this need to talk to Apple and ask them why you didn't get any promotions this time. This has nothing to do with Android, Google or CG, it has to do with Apple. At least cry to the right source.

so if you go to vegas and table changes rules mid game you are happy with it??
  • Options
    Rouge None for Apple users....
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options

Translation:

Billy_Madison.jpg
This discussion has been closed.