Game Update - 4/25/2017 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    For a newer player in this game, r2 is basically inaccessible unless you open your wallet. I have opened mine for other things, but this rush is a bit too much for me. Empire characters are not easy to farm, and why would we considering the viability of the characters prior to this?

Maybe for those who have been around awhile this is the gift, but i fail to see many newer players shelling out hundreds to get it.

:( sad but oh well.

This will be a recurring event just like the Emperor's Demise event for palpatine needing 5 rebels and Grand Master's Training needing 5 Jedi - when I started playing GMT was starting in 20 days - no hope of me competing in it that time around but it comes back
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    How are people disappointed with this?

- R2 can be a game changer for Arena

- Veers bringing back old Troopers as well as
    synergising with the new ones

- Republic is now an actual faction

- Droids may make a comeback (somewhat)

- Event improvements that got outdated

The only thing being disappointing is how quickly theyre going through shard shop rotation and putting two new farmable in the same area but besides that this is all awesome.

Some people complaining about how Nute needs a complete rework, its probably just a quick fix they'll probably sort it when they introduce a real seperatist synergy... They can't work on every faction at once, give it time!

Just want to say r2 will do nothing but reinforce the maul arena going on right now. Just makes that team better
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Doesn't R2's kit make rebels much more dangerous again? Just wondering

More like droids
    #droidsareback

More like droids
    #droidsareback

Combat Analysis 8: While R2 is active, whenever a light side ally scores a critical hit, dispel all debuffs on them.

I can see Wiggs teams having a field day with this

Yep. Droids once again shafted.

Pick a side
  • Jcc807
    37 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

First you need to be careful how you quote as those are your words not mine.

Second, when are Vader, Palp, TFP, RG, and Tarkin not viable.

Third, I am sorry you feel that everything in this game needs to be immediately available. I EARNED those 5 toons above and because I EARNED them, I will EARN R2D2.

Should I feel shafted that I do not have GK? He is much harder to get. No! I chose to work with a guild to build up to all of us getting him, instead of running to a guild that was ready. My choice and I do not regret it. We will get him soon enough and we will have EARNED him!
  • Options

More like droids
    #droidsareback

Combat Analysis 8: While R2 is active, whenever a light side ally scores a critical hit, dispel all debuffs on them.

His unique will still push a lot of stats and buffs out to droid allies. The evasion down and accuracy increase should also help them vs. evasion leads, which has always been a weakness for droids.

Yes but the main thing a Droid squad needed was a cleanser. This is just a slap in the face from cg. Also I could see this bringing back the wiggs meta. A double f up.

Put him in your Res team - maybe he helps a lot vs. zDM there. Possibly.

I'm thinking he will help a lot tho. Was hoping Droids would get a little life tho. 3 droids in a row that don't provide good synergy is a bit disappointed.
  • Options
    The amount of whining and complaints in this thread is insane.

Great work CG. This looks awesome!
  • Options
    For a newer player in this game, r2 is basically inaccessible unless you open your wallet. I have opened mine for other things, but this rush is a bit too much for me. Empire characters are not easy to farm, and why would we considering the viability of the characters prior to this?

Maybe for those who have been around awhile this is the gift, but i fail to see many newer players shelling out hundreds to get it.

This will be a recurring event just like the Emperor's Demise event for palpatine needing 5 rebels and Grand Master's Training needing 5 Jedi - when I started playing GMT was starting in 20 days - no hope of me competing in it that time around but it comes back

If it is reoccurring then that is a different thing altogether. In game when you click on the event the description calls it an extremely rare event. That to me does not sound reoccurring very often. I know emperor and yoda are every month, but what are they calling "extremely rare"?
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

More like droids
    #droidsareback

More like droids
    #droidsareback

Pick a side

Once I saw cleanser for light side only I realized :lol:
  • Options
    Asher1138 wrote: »

• Options
    Due to the new update and event release I now have to build my empire team. I already have Vader and Tarkin close to 5* and am trying to figure out who else to grow quickly. Magma trooper only came up as an option because I already have him and he's available in GW store. Anyone else is going to have slow growth. So any input is appreciated. Thanks.
  • Jcc807
    37 posts Member
    Options
    Extremely rare for Palp was 6 months :)
  • Options

@MayAddy622 This is no different to the Yoda event when it first launched as well as the Palpatine event. It will return and you can be ready for it the next time.
  • Options
    Jcc807 wrote: »

Third, I am sorry you feel that everything in this game needs to be immediately available. I EARNED those 5 toons above and because I EARNED them, I will EARN R2D2.

Should I feel shafted that I do not have GK? He is much harder to get. No! I chose to work with a guild to build up to all of us getting him, instead of running to a guild that was ready. My choice and I do not regret it. We will get him soon enough and we will have EARNED him!

You are unable to actually see a perspective that is not some kind of macho haha I have things you don't and I earned them the hard way mentality.

So basically there is no use discussing anything with you because you are a real hard up kind of gamer, good for you, im glad. For people who are not so up on those kind of things, its a lost revenue for ea.

And you originally double quoted me, not the other way around, I was just too lazy to fix it.
  • Jcc807
    37 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

They are guaranteed to get the whiners and complainers regardless. But you nailed it. Awesome stuff.

Again I love that they chose a whole new route with Veers, and of course is is R2(freakin)D2!!!
  • Options
    Anyone else notice that the next Gar Saxon event isn't showing up?
  • Options

If it is reoccurring then that is a different thing altogether. In game when you click on the event the description calls it an extremely rare event. That to me does not sound reoccurring very often. I know emperor and yoda are every month, but what are they calling "extremely rare"?

Until literally the last time Emperor's Demise came around it was also an "extremely rare" event, and yoda was before that

Eventually it will be put into rotation
  • Options
    I think this is will be a teaser for Jedi Luke. Raid Han, Chewy, Leía, R2 and Jedi Luke!
    Arguments can be made for Lando Old Ben and Farmer Luke as well. But if it's on May 4th I think that's a good way to hint at the next toon to unlock either by raid/game mode or palp/yoda event.
  • Options
    Do we need our Empire characters 7* for the R2-D2 event?
  • Options
    Jcc807 wrote: »

You are unable to actually see a perspective that is not some kind of macho haha I have things you don't and I earned them the hard way mentality.

So basically there is no use discussing anything with you because you are a real hard up kind of gamer, good for you, im glad. For people who are not so up on those kind of things, its a lost revenue for ea.

And you originally double quoted me, not the other way around, I was just too lazy to fix it.

But his point is he didn't do anything the "hard" way, he just did them the normal way

Why do you feel entitled to r2d2 obtained easily? do you also feel entitled to yoda, empeor palpatine, han solo and general kenobi obtained easily?
    Events like this are good for the game because in case you hadn't noticed, all they've been doing for the past few months is releasing characters normally at regular intervals and slapping them onto a node or a store to farm later on and it's gotten quite stale and boring

The three events like this and the raid characters are the 5 things to actually work towards in this game and give you a sense of progress rather than just "I have this character now because I chose that character" for every single thing in the game
  • Options

This is a signature.
  • Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    Do we need our Empire characters 7* for the R2-D2 event?

Not confirmed but likely.

5* will get you 5*
    6 for 6
    7 for 7
  • Options
    Going for m pooper as well! Not happy but will have to do! He is easiest to farm so go get him if thats all you got!
  • Darksaber98
    427 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    does anyone know how long the event will run
    and will it coincide with the ep event for at least 1 day
  • Options

Yoda-styled events usually run for a week only.
    This is a signature.
  • Options
    they did that on purpose
    now i cant get r2 at 7* only 6*
    i have vader 7*, palp 6*, tfp 7*, tarkin 4* but will be 7* by 9th may, magma trooper 4* but will be 7* by 9th may
  • Options

Im surprized they didnt just add it to the palps rotation.
  • Options
    Seriously? Krennic and DT are gone already? Wow, way to make Krennic impossible to 7 star.... and DT for most people
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    I'm going for the magmatropper too. According to my calculations it came to the 5 Imperial PJs to 7 stars :D
  • Options
    Ugh, of course he uses the same gear we are short on. 200 stun guns. Yay....
  • Options

Im surprized they didnt just add it to the palps rotation.

They will in 6 months or so. It's rare this time, but it will be back and will eventually occur more frequently. But if you don't get him now it will be a long wait.
This discussion has been closed.