State of the Galaxy 8/11/2017 [Mega]

Replies

  • KueChael wrote: »
    KueChael
    KueChael
    428 POSTS MEMBER June 13, 2017 8:10AM
    "In the story, jawas are the first character with Luke, next are the droids, then old Ben, ....etc
    I personally feel that the jawa event was to kick off the Farmer Luke farming . So everyone could be ready for a impending journey. Which may or may not include everyone who has helped him. So the next and possibly first character might be old Ben.
    I hope they release a character list needed a month before the event. The place would go nuts
    ."

    This is what I said on June 13th... Myself and those whom agreed with me were prepared. These clues were there. You have to stop and think about it.

    Remember reading this post and thinking.... That's a good point, so I geared OB a little...

    Now have a shiny new CLS....
  • The thing that frustrates me here is that they have literally asked for people's responses. Now, you can find fault with people writing dumb hyperbole, but that's what they're feeling and their response was requested. Why are you trying to debate their feedback?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Because feedback should be based in truthful facts. Otherwise it's not helpful to the whole community. Using hyperbole to put someone down is not helpful, in order to make a point.

    I understand some are upset, that's reasonable. CL is desirable. But to then say that the communication by the company was bad, only because you didn't get CL is not fair. I'm not trying to convince anyone anything, but will point out erroneous selfish thinking that imo hurts the community more than helps. Just because you have freedom of speech doesn't mean anything should be said. And if people just say anything, well, I too have freedom to speak up and call people out for it. Freedom goes both ways, and so does feedback.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • If you are going to have the CL Event every 2 months then I would be happy as a lark. But right now I can't get him. I never put any effort in getting Storm Trooper Han and you can't get him quickly. Even with the packs that were on sale. So CLS Event should happen a lot. If you are going to take 6 months everyone that does not have him is going to be very disappointed. This whole event is about the Haves and Have Nots.
  • NicWester
    6770 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Because feedback should be based in truthful facts. Otherwise it's not helpful to the whole community. Using hyperbole to put someone down is not helpful, in order to make a point.
    The truthful fact is that those people are kittens off.
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I was wondering this exact thing. I would have gladly bought multiple packs. But they make more with people buying the 699 crystal packs. I bought a dozen of those and barely got anything of what I needed.

    You spent 8K in crystals on what is known to be one of the poorest decisions in the game?

    You just said Luke is probably the most requested toon in the history of the game and then question why he would spend that kind of money on the only other form of assistance the we are given to get Luke. So the most requested and the only option after the $20 pack is one of the poorest options we have been given.......

    .....................

    .....................

    ......................

    Figure it out yet???
  • Mexi_Kenobi - I don't question the desire or the effort, in and of itself. Not at all. What I question is why someone would spend that much on that particular method, because it's been proven to not be in the player's benefit. If I had been in that position I would have used that 8K in crystals for something else and waited because as much as I want Luke, I don't want him (or any other character) that bad.

    If someone wants to do that, go ahead. I just wanted to know why - actually, I also wanted to know if the person I asked knew what was involved. He said he understood the risks. Well OK then. I wished him well in the future.

  • People are still polarizing. This is like watching the election. It's more detrimental to the game than the disappointment from the event.
  • Oorun
    40 posts Member
    i am playing this game like 8 months and i was able to get CLS, i had ST han for credit heist , had leila to 6 * because i think it should be needed ( and she was in a very easy farm spot) in any kind of luke event , even though i had r2 5* first time it came, i prepared 5 7* imp team because it was obvious it will come back some day(i used easy to farm chars like tarkin magma vader EP ) only hard farm was TFP but i need tfp for my ranchor team so farmed it, i was ok with a 5* CLS so i farmed old ben to 30/65(it was obvious he will be part of journey) and was thinking about quit farming at 65/65 i had 1000 crystals when they announced we need 7* chars for unlocking it. i just continue farming old ben, 3 cantina refills every day(i am getting 100 crystal reward from squad )and yesterday i got CLS with 3 Gear 9,1 Gear 8 team. meanwhile i farmed phonex to 5* and geared to 7 and did bonus tier got 5* tarkin , farmed and geared ewok to gear 8 did bonus stage. i am totally FTP so far. I am in this game relatively short time and i almost ran into every side track so far and still i was able to get it totally free. I really don't understand i am playing since release and can't get CLS style guys i am playing like 8 months and first 3 months were totally noob style. i killed my first epic ranhor 1,5 months ago. So i don't undesrtand a pre release player couldn't get it.
  • Oorun wrote: »
    i am playing this game like 8 months and i was able to get CLS, i had ST han for credit heist , had leila to 6 * because i think it should be needed ( and she was in a very easy farm spot) in any kind of luke event , even though i had r2 5* first time it came, i prepared 5 7* imp team because it was obvious it will come back some day(i used easy to farm chars like tarkin magma vader EP ) only hard farm was TFP but i need tfp for my ranchor team so farmed it, i was ok with a 5* CLS so i farmed old ben to 30/65(it was obvious he will be part of journey) and was thinking about quit farming at 65/65 i had 1000 crystals when they announced we need 7* chars for unlocking it. i just continue farming old ben, 3 cantina refills every day(i am getting 100 crystal reward from squad )and yesterday i got CLS with 3 Gear 9,1 Gear 8 team. meanwhile i farmed phonex to 5* and geared to 7 and did bonus tier got 5* tarkin , farmed and geared ewok to gear 8 did bonus stage. i am totally FTP so far. I am in this game relatively short time and i almost ran into every side track so far and still i was able to get it totally free. I really don't understand i am playing since release and can't get CLS style guys i am playing like 8 months and first 3 months were totally noob style. i killed my first epic ranhor 1,5 months ago. So i don't undesrtand a pre release player couldn't get it.

    Old Ben was workable under last minute decisions. St Han and Leia were not. The most Arena tokens you can get per day is 900 + the 200 from dailies, assumimg you're rank 1 and stay there. That's 1100 and still only ten shards a day for 4 days until that 100 excess adds up to 400 for an additional 5 shards. Now most people are not rank 1 so 800 daily income is probably the common. Say you have Leia at 6* and St Han at 5* so 285 shards left to farm. On a node it's doable but in Arena you are constrained by the payout of the tokens unless you've been hoarding. Most people probably couldn't hoard because of farming Tarkin for R2 prior. 285 shards would take 28 and a half days at 10 shards per day. There is no RNG involved whatsoever. You can't farm more often to try you either have it or you don't.

    Now in my case, I almost have everyone in Arena shop but Leia and Han we're waiting until after Savage because Sith have the best zetas in my opinion. I also farmed phase 2 HAAT team because that's where most guilds struggle the most it seems. Nearly the entire recommended phase 2 team is on Arena. So I had just gotten Leia to 5* when I heard about Luke event and had not even began St. Han yet.

    Now I've already done my share of whining so that is not what this is. But you said you couldn't understand how long term players couldn't be ready. There's my story.
  • People are still polarizing. This is like watching the election. It's more detrimental to the game than the disappointment from the event.
    Not really. Each event since tournaments has been better than the one before it, and despite the disappointment this was still a good event. Arguably it was the best event they've done.

    The improvements have come because people expressed their disappointment. Sure, a lot of them just whined and made wild claims (usually like "CASH GRAB SUCK BAD ARGH HATE") but that still sends a message that, when combined with the constructive criticism they got, forms the basis of improvements to the next one.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    People are still polarizing. This is like watching the election. It's more detrimental to the game than the disappointment from the event.
    Not really. Each event since tournaments has been better than the one before it, and despite the disappointment this was still a good event. Arguably it was the best event they've done.

    The improvements have come because people expressed their disappointment. Sure, a lot of them just whined and made wild claims (usually like "CASH GRAB SUCK BAD ARGH HATE") but that still sends a message that, when combined with the constructive criticism they got, forms the basis of improvements to the next one.

    But, at the same time, it's exhausting to read. Ever work at a fast food restaraunt back in High School? When you got home and the commercial came on, this feeling of disgust overwhelmed. Then it was hard to enjoy that burger you brought home. Kind of similar. A little bit, right? Lol
  • NicWester wrote: »
    People are still polarizing. This is like watching the election. It's more detrimental to the game than the disappointment from the event.
    Not really. Each event since tournaments has been better than the one before it, and despite the disappointment this was still a good event. Arguably it was the best event they've done.

    The improvements have come because people expressed their disappointment. Sure, a lot of them just whined and made wild claims (usually like "CASH GRAB SUCK BAD ARGH HATE") but that still sends a message that, when combined with the constructive criticism they got, forms the basis of improvements to the next one.

    But, at the same time, it's exhausting to read. Ever work at a fast food restaraunt back in High School? When you got home and the commercial came on, this feeling of disgust overwhelmed. Then it was hard to enjoy that burger you brought home. Kind of similar. A little bit, right? Lol
    Just don't read it, then :P I don't. I gave my feedback in the proper feedback forum and, when there's a thread like this, I posted something constructive. When it comes to the negative folks, just ignore them.

    That said, though, they have a right to be disappointed. I ignore them, but they should say what's on their mind. THAT said, they should do it in the feedback forum, though... Tired of people not knowing how a forum works and just posting everything in general discussion.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    People are still polarizing. This is like watching the election. It's more detrimental to the game than the disappointment from the event.
    Not really. Each event since tournaments has been better than the one before it, and despite the disappointment this was still a good event. Arguably it was the best event they've done.

    The improvements have come because people expressed their disappointment. Sure, a lot of them just whined and made wild claims (usually like "CASH GRAB SUCK BAD ARGH HATE") but that still sends a message that, when combined with the constructive criticism they got, forms the basis of improvements to the next one.

    But, at the same time, it's exhausting to read. Ever work at a fast food restaraunt back in High School? When you got home and the commercial came on, this feeling of disgust overwhelmed. Then it was hard to enjoy that burger you brought home. Kind of similar. A little bit, right? Lol
    Just don't read it, then :P I don't. I gave my feedback in the proper feedback forum and, when there's a thread like this, I posted something constructive. When it comes to the negative folks, just ignore them.

    That said, though, they have a right to be disappointed. I ignore them, but they should say what's on their mind. THAT said, they should do it in the feedback forum, though... Tired of people not knowing how a forum works and just posting everything in general discussion.

    I don't mean that. I was whining at first too. I just mean the arguing between the two will never resolve their disagreement. I love reading both the positive and negative feedback but the aggressive attempts at trying to control the narrative is rather mundane.

    How long does it take for them to approve a comment edit btw?
  • I don't mean that. I was whining at first too. I just mean the arguing between the two will never resolve their disagreement. I love reading both the positive and negative feedback but the aggressive attempts at trying to control the narrative is rather mundane.

    You are not a whiner. I don't know how to fully define that but I find your criticism in this thread thoughtful. I'm with you in that I also like reading the broad range of comments. It would be boring if we all thought the same way. I don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees with me, although I do like to go back and forth, but what drives me nuts is not being clear. That goes for me, as well. When someone misrepresents my POV I don't like that, and it could be my fault for not writing well or it could be that someone isn't reading properly. As long as there's clarity, I'm good. Demanding agreement is pointless. Some people do not get this.
  • I don't mean that. I was whining at first too. I just mean the arguing between the two will never resolve their disagreement. I love reading both the positive and negative feedback but the aggressive attempts at trying to control the narrative is rather mundane.

    You are not a whiner. I don't know how to fully define that but I find your criticism in this thread thoughtful. I'm with you in that I also like reading the broad range of comments. It would be boring if we all thought the same way. I don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees with me, although I do like to go back and forth, but what drives me nuts is not being clear. That goes for me, as well. When someone misrepresents my POV I don't like that, and it could be my fault for not writing well or it could be that someone isn't reading properly. As long as there's clarity, I'm good. Demanding agreement is pointless. Some people do not get this.

    Thank you. I agree.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    People are still polarizing. This is like watching the election. It's more detrimental to the game than the disappointment from the event.
    Not really. Each event since tournaments has been better than the one before it, and despite the disappointment this was still a good event. Arguably it was the best event they've done.

    The improvements have come because people expressed their disappointment. Sure, a lot of them just whined and made wild claims (usually like "CASH GRAB SUCK BAD ARGH HATE") but that still sends a message that, when combined with the constructive criticism they got, forms the basis of improvements to the next one.

    But, at the same time, it's exhausting to read. Ever work at a fast food restaraunt back in High School? When you got home and the commercial came on, this feeling of disgust overwhelmed. Then it was hard to enjoy that burger you brought home. Kind of similar. A little bit, right? Lol
    Just don't read it, then :P I don't. I gave my feedback in the proper feedback forum and, when there's a thread like this, I posted something constructive. When it comes to the negative folks, just ignore them.

    That said, though, they have a right to be disappointed. I ignore them, but they should say what's on their mind. THAT said, they should do it in the feedback forum, though... Tired of people not knowing how a forum works and just posting everything in general discussion.

    Somebody did a poll a few months ago of where everyone spends there time. It was something like 90% general discussion, 10% off topic. Maybe you're the one who doesn't understand how the forum works lol. Personally I hate when the mods move threads. Once it gets moved it becomes dead to 90% of the people who read the forums
  • Because feedback should be based in truthful facts. Otherwise it's not helpful to the whole community. Using hyperbole to put someone down is not helpful, in order to make a point.

    I understand some are upset, that's reasonable. CL is desirable. But to then say that the communication by the company was bad, only because you didn't get CL is not fair. I'm not trying to convince anyone anything, but will point out erroneous selfish thinking that imo hurts the community more than helps. Just because you have freedom of speech doesn't mean anything should be said. And if people just say anything, well, I too have freedom to speak up and call people out for it. Freedom goes both ways, and so does feedback.

    Positive and negative feedback is helpful to the community. Just because people disagree with one opinion, which is based on their own thoughts does not make that person right. In this case people are quoting 'facts' around EA's communication that are actually 'opinions'. There are many who believe communication is poor in this case -they are entitled to their opinion. People are angry about the way CLS was released -they are entitled to their opinion! And those of course those who disagree are entitled to their opinion. And both sides are entitled to voice these opinions. No damage to the community can be done from speaking out -this is called healthy debate.

    Criticism of EA and their release of CLS should be viewed alongside the positive comments. They will have a team that reads all of this and works out if any changes should be made in the future. They will look at the effects on the playing community and balance that with the economic gains.

    If I was to look at this with a level head I would say that EA probably believed that every long term player would have the 5 toons ready for this event (or wouldn't have too much trouble getting them). They didn't realise that for a number of long term players -they didn't have one or more of the toons (Old Ben being the one causing the most grief from what I have read). And seems to be where the most anger is coming from -long time players who are disappointed/ angry/ upset that they are not going to be able to unlock a toon that they have waited for -for so long.

    In the end it is not good business to have so many people upset about the release of a toon. Happy customers are more likely to continue to pay for content or start paying for content. The reverse applies to unhappy customers. We should not expect EA to respond in written form. However time will tell if they make changes to future releases of toons.
  • Because feedback should be based in truthful facts. Otherwise it's not helpful to the whole community. Using hyperbole to put someone down is not helpful, in order to make a point.

    I understand some are upset, that's reasonable. CL is desirable. But to then say that the communication by the company was bad, only because you didn't get CL is not fair. I'm not trying to convince anyone anything, but will point out erroneous selfish thinking that imo hurts the community more than helps. Just because you have freedom of speech doesn't mean anything should be said. And if people just say anything, well, I too have freedom to speak up and call people out for it. Freedom goes both ways, and so does feedback.

    Positive and negative feedback is helpful to the community. Just because people disagree with one opinion, which is based on their own thoughts does not make that person right. In this case people are quoting 'facts' around EA's communication that are actually 'opinions'. There are many who believe communication is poor in this case -they are entitled to their opinion. People are angry about the way CLS was released -they are entitled to their opinion! And those of course those who disagree are entitled to their opinion. And both sides are entitled to voice these opinions. No damage to the community can be done from speaking out -this is called healthy debate.

    Criticism of EA and their release of CLS should be viewed alongside the positive comments. They will have a team that reads all of this and works out if any changes should be made in the future. They will look at the effects on the playing community and balance that with the economic gains.

    If I was to look at this with a level head I would say that EA probably believed that every long term player would have the 5 toons ready for this event (or wouldn't have too much trouble getting them). They didn't realise that for a number of long term players -they didn't have one or more of the toons (Old Ben being the one causing the most grief from what I have read). And seems to be where the most anger is coming from -long time players who are disappointed/ angry/ upset that they are not going to be able to unlock a toon that they have waited for -for so long.

    In the end it is not good business to have so many people upset about the release of a toon. Happy customers are more likely to continue to pay for content or start paying for content. The reverse applies to unhappy customers. We should not expect EA to respond in written form. However time will tell if they make changes to future releases of toons.

    These forums have jaded me. But it sounds like what you're saying is paying customers are the only customers that matter?
    Happy customers are more likely to continue to pay for content or start paying for content.

    I'm not sure you'd find a lot of agreement with that opinion, or is it a fact? *shrug*
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • In the end it is not good business to have so many people upset about the release of a toon.

    How many is "so many"? The several on this thread? Hundreds more? Thousands?

  • NicWester wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    People are still polarizing. This is like watching the election. It's more detrimental to the game than the disappointment from the event.
    Not really. Each event since tournaments has been better than the one before it, and despite the disappointment this was still a good event. Arguably it was the best event they've done.

    The improvements have come because people expressed their disappointment. Sure, a lot of them just whined and made wild claims (usually like "CASH GRAB SUCK BAD ARGH HATE") but that still sends a message that, when combined with the constructive criticism they got, forms the basis of improvements to the next one.

    But, at the same time, it's exhausting to read. Ever work at a fast food restaraunt back in High School? When you got home and the commercial came on, this feeling of disgust overwhelmed. Then it was hard to enjoy that burger you brought home. Kind of similar. A little bit, right? Lol
    Just don't read it, then :P I don't. I gave my feedback in the proper feedback forum and, when there's a thread like this, I posted something constructive. When it comes to the negative folks, just ignore them.

    That said, though, they have a right to be disappointed. I ignore them, but they should say what's on their mind. THAT said, they should do it in the feedback forum, though... Tired of people not knowing how a forum works and just posting everything in general discussion.
    How long does it take for them to approve a comment edit btw?
    No idea. I heard someone say that if you poke a mod they'll take care of it, since the approval thing is only an anti-spam tool. I don't know how to poke a mod, so whenever I get one of those I just write off the post and figure it's fate's way of saying, "You don't really need to say that."
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Oorun wrote: »
    i am playing this game like 8 months and i was able to get CLS, i had ST han for credit heist , had leila to 6 * because i think it should be needed ( and she was in a very easy farm spot) in any kind of luke event , even though i had r2 5* first time it came, i prepared 5 7* imp team because it was obvious it will come back some day(i used easy to farm chars like tarkin magma vader EP ) only hard farm was TFP but i need tfp for my ranchor team so farmed it, i was ok with a 5* CLS so i farmed old ben to 30/65(it was obvious he will be part of journey) and was thinking about quit farming at 65/65 i had 1000 crystals when they announced we need 7* chars for unlocking it. i just continue farming old ben, 3 cantina refills every day(i am getting 100 crystal reward from squad )and yesterday i got CLS with 3 Gear 9,1 Gear 8 team. meanwhile i farmed phonex to 5* and geared to 7 and did bonus tier got 5* tarkin , farmed and geared ewok to gear 8 did bonus stage. i am totally FTP so far. I am in this game relatively short time and i almost ran into every side track so far and still i was able to get it totally free. I really don't understand i am playing since release and can't get CLS style guys i am playing like 8 months and first 3 months were totally noob style. i killed my first epic ranhor 1,5 months ago. So i don't undesrtand a pre release player couldn't get it.

    Old Ben was workable under last minute decisions. St Han and Leia were not. The most Arena tokens you can get per day is 900 + the 200 from dailies, assumimg you're rank 1 and stay there. That's 1100 and still only ten shards a day for 4 days until that 100 excess adds up to 400 for an additional 5 shards. Now most people are not rank 1 so 800 daily income is probably the common. Say you have Leia at 6* and St Han at 5* so 285 shards left to farm. On a node it's doable but in Arena you are constrained by the payout of the tokens unless you've been hoarding. Most people probably couldn't hoard because of farming Tarkin for R2 prior. 285 shards would take 28 and a half days at 10 shards per day. There is no RNG involved whatsoever. You can't farm more often to try you either have it or you don't.

    Now in my case, I almost have everyone in Arena shop but Leia and Han we're waiting until after Savage because Sith have the best zetas in my opinion. I also farmed phase 2 HAAT team because that's where most guilds struggle the most it seems. Nearly the entire recommended phase 2 team is on Arena. So I had just gotten Leia to 5* when I heard about Luke event and had not even began St. Han yet.

    Now I've already done my share of whining so that is not what this is. But you said you couldn't understand how long term players couldn't be ready. There's my story.

    it is 594 days (considering 800 squad tokens per day which is under 200 rank reward ) for making all squad arena chars to 7*, thats why i said i can't understand how players with pre launch can't have him. this game probably around more then 594 days which roughly 1 year 7 months
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    My problem with Luke is not so much the unlock as
    a) the ridiculous power level
    b) the mandatory nature for future events

    All these legendary events make it harder to make choices on which characters you want to be working on. I can well imagine that if you have need to farm Hera, Ezra, Old Ben, and maybe Chirpa and TFP in short succession, that (especially for a FTP player), it's exceedingly hard to farm the nodes you want and/or get some much needed mods.
    I don't think anyone has a problem with other parts of the game, but the cantina feels like a problem to me.
  • ddlooping2
    971 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    In the end it is not good business to have so many people upset about the release of a toon.

    How many is "so many"? The several on this thread? Hundreds more? Thousands?
    I'd guess most of the players who do not visit the forums.
    There must be quite a few of them out there.

    P.S: the soon to be State of the Galaxy Arena...

  • So Hoth battles. Ya think we will see a Wanpa
  • Devilfrog wrote: »
    So Hoth battles. Ya think we will see a Wanpa

    Ooooh, I hope the Special Mission for CLS is a battle with a Wampa!
  • What's wrong with you guys?
    You let us know only with 10 days before the event,that we need 5 characters-7*. How can we do this on time. ?
    Probably a lot of player,guit The game!!!!
    Money,money,buy packs, buy, buy,buy. This îs not casino.
    Is just a game.
  • Xetal wrote: »
    Chanting back "Nobody is owed anything, Entitled! Participation Trophy! Grow Up!" is just a silly argument made by those who are only capable of parroting back intellectually lazy arguments.

    nuhuh.jpg

  • KueChael wrote: »
    Stop complaining and start farming, if they drop him again for 1 day at the end of the month, your going to complain they didn't tell you. But if you keep farming, you may have a chance. Silence and hard work are your friends, all rewards go to those who are prepared.
    They don't have to tell us anything. The surprise of the game is like Christmas every month. If you didn't get R2, it's your fault. The Empire is what the movies are about. If you don't have 5 loaded empire characters-Your Fault, not theirs. Old Ben was Luke's protector, you didn't think you'd need him? Quit whining and start figuring things out for yourselves. Separatist are coming... maybe next month or 6 months but thier coming. Have 5 ready. Bounty hunters will come also.... are you ready? Get ready.

    Why they didnt move sth în another store? Thats the problem. Leia or sth? No time to farm they în 2 weeks.
  • Nothing wrong with the event or communication. Most of yall pay and are mad because you didn't get your candy. Be smart about who you farm and you have to be lucky too. I didn't get thrawn, I didn't cry.

    Grow up.

    I disagree with you! Poor communication all the way and plenty of players feel the same way. I will probably get my candy in a few days. Thing is, I would share mine if I could where you would eat all of yours and tell everyone else how tasty is was. Most decent people like to see others succeed. Most jerks like to tell people how useless they are when they fail.

    Agreed. If I had candy I would share it with everyone who wants it , whereas some people would be rude and eat it in front of everyone else who didn't have any, say the others failed, and then brag about how good the candy was.
Sign In or Register to comment.