Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Hiya and happy Monday folks,
    We're all chomping at the bit and excited for more from the "What's Ahead" teaser included in last weeks Hotfix. While there's unfortunately no announcement slated for today, we have a blog post and mirrored forum post in store for later in the week. Please stay tuned!

@CG_Kozispoon Thanks for taking the time to chime in, patiently waiting and looking forward to what's coming! Keep up the awesome work!
  • Options
    Siukong wrote: »
    Julmay wrote: »
    Garmaddon wrote: »
    I don't really see what the issue is with telling people now. If the vets are required and people have them at 4* or 5* it's not like you can 7* them in a week without buying packs.

They might actually believe that shaving off that day or two will make some people more anxious and will force them to buy packs. I actually believe that a few days here and there don't change a person's mind. Either they will or will not spend on this game. A little pressure wont change that.

In fact, at a certain point they might actually discourage pack buying by making the incentive to panic spend too obvious with last minute notice. Consumers can have a delicate balancing point between desperation at coveting the shiny new thing and resentment at feeling manipulated.

From a certain point of view!?!?
  • Options
    Roahn wrote: »
    Could we get some clarification on legendary events for the month of December? According to swgohevents.com both Luke and Rey hero's journeys begin on 12/5. Yet for Luke you need r2d2 and more than likely for Rey you will need bb-8 but both there events are next year. So that pretty much squashes the hopes of many looking to try and get either of these hero's.

That site only gives approximate guesses as to what time frame the events are likely to appear in based on how they've re-released legendary characters in the past. It gives a 2 week window for Rey's event, and over a month long window for CLS, neither is verified though.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Don't care about Rey announcement (ie I will never meet the requirements) but Rey requirements will probably come with info on BB-8 which is what I want.

Got so much gear stashed for FO if needed. It keeps looking at me and I want to use it.
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Don't care about Rey announcement (ie I will never meet the requirements) but Rey requirements will probably come with info on BB-8 which is what I want.

Got so much gear stashed for FO if needed. It keeps looking at me and I want to use it.

Green pluses screaming “click me click me”
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The requirements were leaked weeks ago and won't change.
  • Options
    We're all chomping at the bit and excited for more from the "What's Ahead" teaser included in last weeks Hotfix. While there's unfortunately no announcement slated for today, we have a blog post and mirrored forum post in store for later in the week. Please stay tuned!

@CG_Kozispoon Frankly, you overstrain far too much. Keep acting like that and you will take a backlash like Battlefront 2.
  • Options
    See the funny thing is the way I see it more notice would be good for them. Sure krakens be krakens and will buy no matter what and so probably will high end whales. Lower end whales and dolphins will be more likely to buy if they are close and they will be more likely to be close if the requirements are known in advance.

As an example I consider myself a dolphin I will buy if it makes sense to me. For cls even though everyone was farmable f2p I needed luke and old Ben both through cantina. I wouldn't have got him I finished luke but came up short on old ben so I bought the pack with 80 shards to get him to 7 star and got cls.

This time if the vets are in fact needed I won't get her because I'm nowhere near close on them and the value on the dollar required won't be worth it so they won't get my dollars and I'm sure alot of dolphins will be in the same boat.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options

Lol yeah pretty much.

Don't even want to boost a scrub toon encase it inadvertantly takes away lower tier resources I need in a crunch.
  • Options
    If the vets are required at 7* then unfortunately it will put Rey out of reach for most of the player base. It would make sense to have them at a lower level as they will sell more packs if people think it's obtainable. I think currently a lot of people are put off by the thought of the 7* vets. Clarification on requirements sooner would be great
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Options
    I figured as much about that website but still had to ask. Bummer about no info being posted today about Rey's journey toon requirements. Although i would have thought BB-8's event would have already been slated for this month.
  • Options

Lol yeah pretty much.

Don't even want to boost a scrub toon encase it inadvertantly takes away lower tier resources I need in a crunch.

I don't think I have any slots not lit up.
    Been hording for a month or more
  • Options
    Kozi already answered this. It’s not today. Tomorrow is not looking good either
  • Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    See the funny thing is the way I see it more notice would be good for them. Sure krakens be krakens and will buy no matter what and so probably will high end whales. Lower end whales and dolphins will be more likely to buy if they are close and they will be more likely to be close if the requirements are known in advance.

As an example I consider myself a dolphin I will buy if it makes sense to me. For cls even though everyone was farmable f2p I needed luke and old Ben both through cantina. I wouldn't have got him I finished luke but came up short on old ben so I bought the pack with 80 shards to get him to 7 star and got cls.

This time if the vets are in fact needed I won't get her because I'm nowhere near close on them and the value on the dollar required won't be worth it so they won't get my dollars and I'm sure alot of dolphins will be in the same boat.

You can say a lot about EA, but one thing they know how to do is to make money. With all due respect, your anecdotal evidence means nothing here. They have about one billion data points that they have been analyzed. They know on what day, at what hour, and probably down to what minute they should release this information to maximize their profits.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options

I’ll take Thursday evening 1800 EST, right before the event drops at 1900, for $400 Alex.
  • Options
    Hey, maybe it really is just Rey being needed and they are stressing us to spite us
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Or they could just say the announcement is likely coming tomorrow evening, pending any unforeseen issues. Or just give us the date. Or the requirements. Why everything is frustratingly vague is beyond me.
  • Formerly_Randy
    333 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Hey, maybe it really is just Rey being needed and they are stressing us to spite us

dVDJiez.gif
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Could we get some clarification on legendary events for the month of December? According to swgohevents.com both Luke and Rey hero's journeys begin on 12/5. Yet for Luke you need r2d2 and more than likely for Rey you will need bb-8 but both there events are next year. So that pretty much squashes the hopes of many looking to try and get either of these hero's.

Per their website, SWGOH Events is not affiliated with EA Capital Games.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options

That website is pointless. They don't do any work or data mining. Why even quote it?
  • Options
    Did the announcement happen yet ?
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Look...right...above you...lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Membrane
    87 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    And then ?

Sorry was just watching dudes where's my car ? Yesterday
  • Options
    Yes, I do.
    This week.

killed me lol
  • Options
    The answer that answers Rey's question is...
  • Options
    e5a.png
  • Options
    Click bait on the dev announcement. Lol
  • Options
    ksomm5 wrote: »
    Inkdad77 wrote: »
    I know guys I'm getting antsy is all LOL. I've been preparing for her event for like over 3 months. I'm about 100 57 shards away from having my vets ready. So like 20 days I should be good

Just got them to a 6 star. Debating to hold until the announcement or continue them.

You can probably just make it if you are doing three refreshes a day, depending on the exact timing.
  • Options
    So... Let me get this straight... This was an announcement to tease the teaser of an announcement?? Slow day at the office? ;)@CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    Kozi already said Thursday. Also it was leaked weeks ago and the leaks never lied so far.
This discussion has been closed.