Bounty Hunter Event [MERGE]

Replies

• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    Dev team hath failed the community again. I cant even get past tier 1 of the first event...and my team is mostly geared except zam...
    Its just a simple cash grab for them...they make these events for the veteran players who been around and probably have the 7star gear 10 to 11 even 12 BH.
    Anything new released event wise is for the vets. They dont care about the younger player base... thats why their the $15 cards for the bounty hunters...greed is a terrible thing and maybe 1 day karma will get them back for it.

Until then dont waste your time or money. Just farm and wait until next time.

You're doing it wrong then. I posted how to beat IPD above - execute the first scoutrooper in P1 with Boba, under boba lead (he should one shot him if you're geared as claimed). Don't blame the Devs for your inadequacies
  • Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Dev team hath failed the community again. I cant even get past tier 1 of the first event...and my team is mostly geared except zam...
    Its just a simple cash grab for them...they make these events for the veteran players who been around and probably have the 7star gear 10 to 11 even 12 BH.
    Anything new released event wise is for the vets. They dont care about the younger player base... thats why their the $15 cards for the bounty hunters...greed is a terrible thing and maybe 1 day karma will get them back for it.

Until then dont waste your time or money. Just farm and wait until next time.

You're doing it wrong then. I posted how to beat IPD above - execute the first scoutrooper in P1 with Boba, under boba lead (he should one shot him if you're geared as claimed). Don't blame the Devs for your inadequacies

Yeah not the IPD but paploo..thats why i said tier 1 of the first event...
    2nd. It isnt inadequacies...lol. its the dev team rewarding vet players and forcing younger players to spend money or dont get rewards.
    Im not even going to try the IPD. Tried Han and didnt kill a single person in first part.
  • Options
    Although as someone pointed out...
    If anyone expected the dev team to do something thats fair for younger players, then they havent been in the game long enough.
    Thats a very accurate statement.
  • Options
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Who expected anything else than another cashgrab? I mean, come on. :D

After all the hype - I cant believe i wasted 2 weeks farming I-88. Combined with the news that Bossk will be 3* after completed his events, BH are totally worthless!
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Can someone please post what they beat the ipd challenge with? I'm kinda stuck.
  • Options
    Fatzke wrote: »
    IPD Round 3. Three DT that take their turn before you and increase your cooldowns with their AoE by 3. Funny af. :D

If they use their basics, you have 3 dead bounty hunters.

Im happy if they use their grenades, greedos counter double shot kills them.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I suggest not putting the level requirements etc, they are very misleading. Finished first 2 tiers. Hopefully it will be redone and made more enjoyable. As the game stands now, once you are simming credit heist, there is no need of Bounty Hunters, this would be a nice diversion if it were more balanced. The degree of difficulty is not in line with the rewards.

I used L - Boba g11 7*, Cad Bane g8 7*, IG 88 g8 7*, Dengar 4* g8, Greedo g8 7* I hit auto and watched.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Ely wrote: »

takes a few goes to get the right RNG. (Took me about 15-20).

G12 Boba (L)
    G11 Zam
    G11 IG
    G10 Dengar
    G9 Greedo

Average to good mods. Omegas on everyone. Contracts activated to L3 on Boba, Dengar and IG.

Kill scoutrooper with Execute turn 1 on P1 which Activates Bobas contract (omega unlocked)
  • Options
    I did the rolo mission by accident - was rage-spamming refresh and hit the wrong one.

It was easy.

Boba G11, IG88 G11, Greedo G11, Zam G10, Cad G10

No ZETAs.

Don't start me on the IPD one, it's a ridiculous RNG fest.

The Wampa stage? Not even a tank could survive the opening AOE that crit my entire team for 80K.

yes. 80k. AOE.

event is ? Aimed at level 90, G13, 7 dot mods.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Put Boba in the lead.
    Make Zam your fastes hunter. She ist the keytoon for bonus-tm by detonating the detonators. ^^
    Kill scouttrooper with execute to get the payouts asap.
    Prey for good range so that Greedo and Zam are not get focussed.
    Be sure that all specials are available when entering phase 3 and Boba has his tm filled.
    Put Abbilityblock on the DTs with Bobas AOE, steal TM and debuff Shore with Greedo and Kill the DTs asap.
    Prey again to RNGesus that all Hunters survive Phase 3 then you have good chances to beat 4.

Finished it twice with 1* using Dengar and zBoba (both G12), Ig88 (G11) and Zam and Greedo (both G8).
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My BHs are g12 Fett (the health slot unfilled), g11 zam & 88, g9 Dengar and g8 Greedo. I can do the first 3 without too much trouble (retreated when the win was inevitable), but IPD and Wampa are quite the challenge. Been close on IPD a few times. Wampa, lol... got a lone Fett to stage 4 and the wampa 1-shotted him, he revived, Wampa did it again. Seems Bossk's leader contract speed bonus might be needed for that.
    Thanks for the tips on IPD, I'll try again tonight once I get another omega filled. Either Greedo's basic or Fett's contract (an armor penetration of 309 seems attractive; 5s armor is 509 and he has ~40% armor. Might help with the insane defense on the troopers).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    @Ely
    https://swgoh.gg/u/loganthero/collection/?f=bounty-hunter

It takes rng. And with boba lead use execute on the scout trooper. I probably could have done better if I modded Greedo, and 88 correctly.
    I got 1 Star.
  • Options
    the paploo one was easy, g12 boba no zetas, g11 ig88, g8 dengar and zam, g7 greedo.

I tried the ipd one with same team but couldn't get past 3rd round as expected tbh since dengar zam greedo are undergeared

I tried from the start IPD mission but also got stuck. Did 2 of the Leia missions for my 20 shards.

I have Fett, IG, Dengar at 12 and Bane at 11 Greedo is at 9
  • Options
    I know there was a rework on BH's, but IG88 seems alot weaker?
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    This event doesnt bother me,my BHs are so undergeared,it challenges me to put a little bit of resources into them.I dont like the fact that its a very rare event.I would rather it be hard and the devs ran 1 bounty a week to see progress even if the bounty is a random toon and keep me somewhat engaged.
  • Options

I did it w/ boba, greedo, ig88, zam, dengar.. I'm pretty sure you need g11 for the majority.. I have boba/greedo/ig88 at g12 but you could probably do it with g11. if they kill a toon off the bat restart, the rest is pretty much self explanatory on technique.
  • Options
    I know there was a rework on BH's, but IG88 seems alot weaker?

I think it’s a mix of lower damage for BH.
    Higher armor, tenacity, defense for the empire toons.
  • Naz83
    30 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Wow... Damage output is weak as hell... T3 need gear 9+.. okay.. Gear 9 BH-s doing damage to enemy toons from 1,5k to 3k... critical dmg maybe 3k-4k... Enemy damage is two times better 10k critical... Yes well poodoo happens... I tried... Not even a slight chance to beat this event just T1 but i dont need Paploo... Poor testing if there was any testing before release.. To be honest, i did not except enything else from this game... If i would not love Star Wars and my guild mates, i'd quit a long time ago..
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Options
    Naz83 wrote: »
    Wow... Damage output is weak as hell... T3 need gear 9+.. okay.. Gear 9 BH-s doing damage to enemy toons from 1,5k to 3k... critical dmg maybe 3k-4k... Enemy damage is two times better 10k critical... Yes well **** happens... I tried... Not even a slight chance to beat this event just T1 but i dont need Paploo... Poor testing if there was any testing before release.. To be honest, i did not except enything else from this game... If i would not love Star Wars and my guild mates, i'd quit a long time ago..

I think IPD really showcases how important Bossk is as a taunting tank for BH. And how important it is to omega their bounties. I wish I had more omegas
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Having the hints along the way I've been gearing up the 4 OG BH's and getting better mods for them. The issue is this event needs 5, so unless you just happened to love ALL the BH's, you're kinda kittened if you just focused on the 4 OG's.

So, yeah, as above, this was an exacting move. This pre-Bossk event is drfinitrly a way to drum up business for Bossk. It's fine, really, and they did put out pretty challenging content... even if them empires is maybe too tuned... you just gotta see it for what it is.

If they hadn't done this move time and again, it wouldn't be different, but much of the content and releases that come our way are just variations on this theme - this one just happens to be less opaque. I do also want to know what "super-rare" means. Sure, I like the BH and I'll continue to advance them... but part of that investment are these events... wish they'd just say a month range and be done with it....
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    Options
    This event is an embarrassment. The mobs have too much health, my toons are dealing like 1/4 of the damage they should, and the contracts are almost completely useless by the time they are activated. Did anyone play test this at all? This is the worst change I have seen so far.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    This was a lot of fun. I could only do Paploo (Got IG-88 at g11, Boba at g9, and the rest at g8, but mods are ho-ho-ho-hilarious and I'm not going to shuffle them around considering my gear level) and it was challenging, but not too hard--didn't lose anyone.

Any idea how frequent this event will be? If it's once a month I'm looking forward to it, but "very rare" seems to mean once every 3 months, so I'll probably forget. Either way, once I'm finished with Resistance I'm going to work on Bounty Hunters, so mission accomplished, CG.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    To those complaining about the supposed recommended gear levels for each tier....welcome to the forums! You've just learned a valuable lesson, which is that the recommendations are useless. It's not just this event either, there's plenty of events where the minimum recommended gear or mods or level is pointless. Ignore it.

Those of you who are not new to the forums and are still complaining about this? Get over it. And ignore it. The minimum requirement is whatever it takes you to beat it, not what some text that usually isn't accurate tells you. Pretend it doesn't exist, you'll be happier. :)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Boburt Fettman

Is this a translation issue?
  • Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    Options
    I beat G8 Paploo with G11 Boba and G11 IG-88. Barely. I guess it’s like everything else in this game: the gear level requirements are straight-up untested and designed to make players panic and buy more packs. I cant wait until loot boxes are illegal internationally like they should be. Unregulated gambling is all it is.
  • Options
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    I beat G8 Paploo with G11 Boba and G11 IG-88. Barely. I guess it’s like everything else in this game: the gear level requirements are straight-up untested and designed to make players panic and buy more packs. I cant wait until loot boxes are illegal internationally like they should be. Unregulated gambling is all it is.

What was the rest of your squad @Mr_Eel
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    I beat G8 Paploo with G11 Boba and G11 IG-88. Barely. I guess it’s like everything else in this game: the gear level requirements are straight-up untested and designed to make players panic and buy more packs.

^See two posts above yours ;)
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    I tried the Probe Droid mission like 20 times. Finally gave up and settled with ROLO/Han which was pretty easy. Wampa I did not even try. Even the Krakens in our guild with all BH at G12 and good mods had not the slightest chance against Wampa.