Client Restart...no DSTB rewards (Dev Response & Final solution)

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Is there a way to see if we've received the reward yet? Just relying on my memory is not reliable.

It would have been sent to your inbox on Friday if you got it. If you didn’t (like myself and countless others) then you have not gotten your raid rewards.
  • T0pcat
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    As I've said before

It's a 24/7 environment should have 24/7 support

The update shouldn't have been rolled out this week, tb should have just ran as normal, then update.

Why on earth would any sane person roll out a new piece of software right before all going on leave

Honestly, I think it's just greed, get a new character or two out for the weekend, the suckers will spend big whilst we party, who cares they miss a tb, just give them the rewards, we can't spend them, cash in is better.

The response "if" there is a problem suggests we are all making this up. Again, why would you post that on a public forum?

Now we have to wait until next Friday. A full week later.

I am up against fully geared wampa now in the arena for a full week, geared up toons in TW and we missed spending on double drops.

maybe everyone who has had to wait should get shards for one of the new toons? 335 will do.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Is there a way to see if we've received the reward yet? Just relying on my memory is not reliable.

It would have been sent to your inbox on Friday if you got it. If you didn’t (like myself and countless others) then you have not gotten your raid rewards.

That's what I mean. I don't think I got the rewards, but there's also no way for me to see.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand this thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    T0pcat wrote: »
    As I've said before

It's a 24/7 environment should have 24/7 support

The update shouldn't have been rolled out this week, tb should have just ran as normal, then update.

Why on earth would any sane person roll out a new piece of software right before all going on leave

Honestly, I think it's just greed, get a new character or two out for the weekend, the suckers will spend big whilst we party, who cares they miss a tb, just give them the rewards, we can't spend them, cash in is better.

The response "if" there is a problem suggests we are all making this up. Again, why would you post that on a public forum?

Now we have to wait until next Friday. A full week later.

I am up against fully geared wampa now in the arena for a full week, geared up toons in TW and we missed spending on double drops.

maybe everyone who has had to wait should get shards for one of the new toons? 335 will do.

This is the key part that is frustrating me the most about this situation. We battle in Arena and in Heroic raids to acquire crystals, gear, and currency we need to keep progressing. When some people have access to those rewards it creates an unfair competitive advantage against those who didn't get them.

Our guild had to delay running heroic sith raid because 5 members were around 20 shards from completing either HYoda or Wampa. We'd planned to run it this weekend, and then we couldn't. Now we're behind the curve of those that are already completing HSTR and the race for Traya. My arena team is suffering as I can't get the guild event tokens I use to buy G12 gear for my team to compete against EP meta.

They put some of the player base at a competitive disadvantage and its driving me bonkers. There's no real target for a resolution, nor admission that they don't know how long it will take. They're just leaving us in limbo as others advance due to these rewards and we stagnate.
  • Options
    I'm really hoping they have a way to tell who did and didn't get the rewards. Giving everybody a few hundred crystals won't fix anything.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options
    Yeah this is crazy, shouldn't have had a big update right before the weekend, along with sending rewards right before the weekend, just concerned for the health and vision that this game is heading towards, my wallet is going to remain closed at the very least until they get this figured out then again not sure i want to keep investing in this ****
  • Options
    I also agree giving everyone free stuff is just giving a greater advantage to the people who got rewards during double drops i hope they get this right and give only those affected something
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    Options
    I agree… Not everyone pays for the game, but I do... and at the moment, I’m not getting the same product as people who got the rewards... add to it the competitive nature of the game plus the gambling aspect - loot boxes, rng... and it creates an uneven playing field.
  • Options
    Mol_Kelly wrote: »
    I agree… Not everyone pays for the game, but I do... and at the moment, I’m not getting the same product as people who got the rewards... add to it the competitive nature of the game plus the gambling aspect - loot boxes, rng... and it creates an uneven playing field.

Spoken like a lawyer using a few buzzwords to kick a hornet’s nest. I like it.

• Magic69
    23 posts Member
    Options
    11pm in Europe and still no rewards
  • Options
    I know this huge update was a result of trying to fix a lot of aspects of the game that people were mass complaining about, I don’t begrudge them trying to please the complainers, but if every fix they come up with has more bugs than the original product, I’m going to start calling them Microsoft instead of EA/CG.
  • Bb3po
    368 posts Member
    Options
    I’m starting to rethink going from f2p to p2p on this game. Maybe my resources should be allocated elsewhere.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options

I have been playing this game for a few years and ranked first in arena and all heroic raids. Let me share you this advice: investment decision, payout dedication/arena mafia and discipline are the true factor of differentiation in a collection for a given amount of money invested. There is also an equilibrium between hoarding and spending to find (able to adapt to new meta correctly for example).

Can you price in crystals/arena rank/rewards how much you lost from your delayed rewards?
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    Options
    No, but with hoda I would have gotten better rewards in the last sith raid... it’s hard to quantify
  • CLSJedi
    111 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Honestly, I wonder of the exact number of people who didn't get their rewards? 2. I wonder how quick they would dish out the rewards if, everyone that didn't get just stopped playing. Just curious ? I mean is the number big enough that they would notice the player count drop
  • Options
    also we missed DoubleDrop (TB gives Crystals) . not FAIR
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder how quick they would have it fixed if we were getting something to extra instead of missing rewards... they were pretty quick about fixing the mods when people were able to upgrade them for practically free...
  • Options
    Still no rewards.
    Missed crystals for double drop.
    This is so great.
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    Options
    My problem with this is that: they promised on Friday that this would be fixed on Tuesday. So players gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed they all want to relax with their long weekend. But yet again, this is increasingly likely to be another broken promise.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone it was a US holiday ( Memorial Day)and I’m positive they took at least a 3 day weekend if not 4. So they dropped this update and ran away.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    MonoMonete wrote: »
    I also get a mail from EA support... and ask me for a screenshot of the territory battles map showing the current phase and previous phase... I do not know if they are laughing at me or really have no idea what is happening in a generalized way.
    Perhaps they are generating confusion because they can not solve it.
    In the meantime, a Territory War lost with a disadvantage and a new war coming in less than 24 hours...
    UNFAIRY!!!!

It’s because CG handles the game EA is the money so they don’t know and since CG has been vacationing for Memorial Day is the only reason we have heard nothing
  • Options
    After a long exchange with support (after which they offered me a link to the forum post and a maximum of 0 crystals), I've decided to finally put an end to my time as a whale and go f2p from here on out. $0 or $1k/month, the message from CG is clear: Deal With It. I refuse to support a business that doesn't care about its customers, no matter how much I like the product.
  • Options
    Autoformer wrote: »
    After a long exchange with support (after which they offered me a link to the forum post and a maximum of 0 crystals), I've decided to finally put an end to my time as a whale and go f2p from here on out. $0 or $1k/month, the message from CG is clear: Deal With It. I refuse to support a business that doesn't care about its customers, no matter how much I like the product.

They offers me 70 crystals as compensation, I’m honestly insulted by that offer

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    If this game only functioned Monday through Friday from 8-5 pst, I could understand../ no one expects the post office to deal with a situation at 11pm Sunday night before Memorial Day... but this is a problem that was known on Friday, as evidenced by cg’s reddit post, and ignored until presumably today. This game functions on weekends and should be supported on weekends... the fact that double drops were going on all weekend and those that got their rewards were able to use them is a slap in the face to the rest of us who didn’t get their rewards... their rewards are worth more than ours and in addition, they were able to progress further in game because they got them sooner.

The drops were double but the bonus rewards in mail were not if that’s what your saying so you we didn’t get double rewards in mail
  • Options
    When the business is open - and with double drops and a tw going - it most certainly was conducting business, there should be a plan in place to address a calamity such as this... I know some people might think I’m inflating this or making a mountain out of a molehill, but real money gets spent on this game and it’s spent with the understanding that there is a level playing field... it’s spent with the understanding that if player A deserves or receives a reward, player B should also given they participated the same as player A. Memorial Day is no excuse... I went to see Solo this weekend... if the movie stopped mid way through and the movie theatre told me to suck it up til Tuesday, I’d have every right to complain.... the cash registers at the Apple store and google play store didn’t close. This could have been a small problem if they had people working over the weekend. Instead, it’s grown... people missed out on using crystals during double drops, missed out on a better performance in raids and arena, and certain guilds may have lost their tw as a result and missed out on a zeta.... this is a big deal and it grows with every day because of the way this game is constructed.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    The drops were double but the bonus rewards in mail were not if that’s what your saying so you we didn’t get double rewards in mail

The point is that the crystals could have been used during the double drops to refresh energy and/or battle nodes.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Rucous1 wrote: »
    Ok I get a email from EA support asking if the issue has been resolved. Why no I still don’t have rewards and you don’t know this? When I reply I get “Ea is not accepting messages right now.” How about I ask Apple for a refund of all the money I spent on this game!

Sounds like there is a big meeting between EA and CG to try and figure out why everyone is angry but this delay because they dropped a huge update on a holiday weekend I feel like they knew it would have huge repercussions
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Tuesday night and no rewards of LS and DS TB
  • Options
    Still awaiting for the rewards which was promised to be sorted out by today. Slowly losing faith in this game.
This discussion has been closed.