Version Update 3/13 - Quality of Life - [MEGA]

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    How dare you force me to auto deploy a defense in your terrible GA mode! Also why do you have to join a simmable raid? That is just idi otic!

How dare you join a GA if you aren't going to set defenses. You ruin it for someone else who actually enjoys it, and you rob them of any possibility of credits from hitting your defensive squads. Shame on you.

That's the whole point!

You'll have to go back to kicking puppies, and taking candy from small children to get your sick pleasure. May your arena shard chat mark you for death, and may RNGesus withhold from you his blessing.
    Post edited by JacenRoe on
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Awesome. Good stuff!
  • SkiaRyder
    120 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    My question is the important one, why are the packs available starting today. Does this mean the event will start tomorrow or still 21st or 22nd. If so we get an entire week extra to buy packs?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    How dare you force me to auto deploy a defense in your terrible GA mode! Also why do you have to join a simmable raid? That is just idi otic!

The QoL doesnt auto-join you to a GA event. So don't.
  • Am I missing something or does Juhani not have a separate one time pack to buy?
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    DaGhost141 wrote: »
    Am I missing something or does Juhani not have a separate one time pack to buy?

They paired her with fallen bast in the one time pack.
  • Will the game finally be optimized for 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 and 11 inch??
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Search by leader is great! Can’t wait to see all these improvements in action.
  • Strubz wrote: »
    DaGhost141 wrote: »
    Am I missing something or does Juhani not have a separate one time pack to buy?

They paired her with fallen bast in the one time pack.

Ah I see, the description omits her name but in the details it shows it
  • Some great stuff in there thank you CG. @CG_SBCrumb One note on this addition: Pre-Battle Screen Info: The Character Selection now displays a character’s name and gear tier

This is a fantastic addition but really needs speed added to it, badly, and health&prot a bonus if there too. Moreover, it NEEDS to be there for enemy squads big time. Every day we fight in Squad Arena, then at times in Grand Arena, TW, etc. Every time we have to click on each toon, go down into the stat section, scroll down and look at their speed, because speed is crucial for winning most matches. This would save TONS OF TIME and tedium having just speed added where you have now added gear level!
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

How dare you join a GA if you aren't going to set defenses. You ruin it for someone else who actually enjoys it, and you rob them of any possibility of credits from hitting your defensive squads. Shame on you.

That's the whole point!

You'll have to go back to kicking puppies, and taking candy from small children to get your sick pleasure. May your arena shard chat mark you for death, and may RNGesus without from you his blessing.

• five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I had an update notification, 13:15 Pacific Time / 21:15 UTC. But this should be wrong, it has to be 20:15 UTC.
    @CG_SBCrumb
  • No offence, but a “quality of life” update, that essentially blocks off content to some players is pretty **** ****.

Simming raids does not count towards quests, gee thanks, so because I havent been granted a top 10 place in HAAT (I know it won’t be simable now, but maybee next time) I now can’t complete a quest.
    Because why should my guildmates suffer a meaningless 30 min of raiding, mostly on auto, because I haven’t been granted a top 10 from the Gods of RNG enough times.

Back to the drawing boards, as usual, CG
  • 21:15 UTC is already past where I live … :)
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Pretty clever and also kind of scummy the way you set up those packs. You know people already have Ordo and Bastila, who were released first so you paired them each with one of the newer (recently made farmable) guys that you know people need in order to force people to buy both... real nice.
  • JerryHello wrote: »
    Pretty clever and also kind of scummy the way you set up those packs. You know people already have Ordo and Bastila, who were released first so you paired them each with one of the newer (recently made farmable) guys that you know people need in order to force people to buy both... real nice.

They have to make money and you want to play their game, so what are you going to do?
  • Also, so we have yet another Sith coming with a leader ability? Really??? 8 out of the 13 with have leader abilities already...talk about getting us to waste zetas
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    IKhak wrote: »
    No offence, but a “quality of life” update, that essentially blocks off content to some players is pretty **** ****.

Simming raids does not count towards quests, gee thanks, so because I havent been granted a top 10 place in HAAT (I know it won’t be simable now, but maybee next time) I now can’t complete a quest.
    Because why should my guildmates suffer a meaningless 30 min of raiding, mostly on auto, because I haven’t been granted a top 10 from the Gods of RNG enough times.

Back to the drawing boards, as usual, CG

I suggest you ask your guild officers to run some of them on manual while you are working on a quest. If the guild wants more sims, have them set it up where you can get your ranks (top 3, top 1, whatever) in the shortest time possible, so you can go back to simming.

If your guild isn't willing to help you out super short term with something, then you might consider finding a guild that is a little more team-oriented.

Edit: my guild's officers are already discussing how to handle future HAAT raids with players wanting to do it manually for quests, or Pit raids with players who want to do a quest. (I believe there's only one Pit quest, and it just requires attacking it 3x which can be done super easy with 7 star C3PO or Hyoda).
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    JerryHello wrote: »
    Pretty clever and also kind of scummy the way you set up those packs. You know people already have Ordo and Bastila, who were released first so you paired them each with one of the newer (recently made farmable) guys that you know people need in order to force people to buy both... real nice.

They have to make money and you want to play their game, so what are you going to do?

Right and I have no problem spending, but that's pretty sleazy especially when they've never done that before. Also, they'd be making a lot more money if they actually put more playable new content in the game...This game went from the top 5 grossed game in android store a few months ago to top 30 if that. There's a reason for that...
  • On raid simming.
    Join period should default to 24 hours. Allowing only 1 hour for joining will result in a lot of unhappy folks when officers forget to adjust join period.

Even better would be to allow the option of auto-joining everyone. (Either for the officer, or give an auto-join setting we can each set and forget - so we will automatically join simmed raids. [Or even auto-join all raids - have the computer handle the busy-work.])
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member

That's the whole point!

You'll have to go back to kicking puppies, and taking candy from small children to get your sick pleasure. May your arena shard chat mark you for death, and may RNGesus without from you his blessing.

That guy is trolling, dude. Every time you reply to him, he's patting himself on the back and telling himself what a clever little boy he is.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Also, so we have yet another Sith coming with a leader ability? Really??? 8 out of the 13 with have leader abilities already...talk about getting us to waste zetas

Only 5 have zeta leads. And 2 help empire as well.
    Also, so we have yet another Sith coming with a leader ability? Really??? 8 out of the 13 with have leader abilities already...talk about getting us to waste zetas

Savage, Emperor, Vader, Nihilus, Traya, Dooku, Sidious, Maul = 8
    JerryHello wrote: »

Savage, Emperor, Vader, Nihilus, Traya, Dooku, Sidious, Maul = 8

Dooku,Sid,Savage = omega leads
  • Touche, but still leader abilities nonetheless. And 5 zeta leader abilities is still a lot for a faction that consists of only 13.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Grand Arena Auto-Deploy: If you forget to set your roster after signing up for Grand Arena, or if this is your strategy (shame on you), but if you do forget to set defenses we have a new feature that will distribute your strongest characters from highest to lowest power to your defensive teams. This isn’t a substitute for placing teams yourself as Auto-Deploy doesn’t take into consideration any team composition or synergies.

@CG_SBCrumb can you advise if the old way where you set the Defense the first round and it carried over to the 2nd and 3rd rounds will still work?

This was a tremendous time-saver.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • The raid seems like it will auto sim after 1 hour. This leaves anyone wanting to actually play 1 hour to play event before event is over. Lots of time
  • I love everything about this, but especially the GA- and UI-related changes. Thanks so much! I wasn't expecting all of this in a single update.
  • You can still have the 24hr wait to join before the 1 hour until sim