• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    And then the championship isn't mismatched purposely to clear the way for stronger schools to advance every championship .
    Take off the tinfoil hat.

There is no evidence of deliberate mismatches, and every supposed mismatch we've seen has been the algorithm working precisely as advertised, pertinent GP matching pertinent GP. You can argue for refinements on what pertinent GP even is, and there are cases at high GP where the current pertinent GP structure is not a good matchmaking structure, but that's refinements going forward. Not a CG conspiracy to deliberately match F2Ps against stronger targets and spenders against weaker ones.

Another one that doesn’t get it. So here’s GAC matching summary for dummies: Matching based on GP is stupid. End of story.

If I get matched against god-players because of a flawed algorithm I do the following now: set all my defenses with the weakest teams I have (level 1, 0 gear) and don’t attack my opponent at all. Why waste my valuable time. I encourage everyone to do the same. Let’s see how much fun the “oh so smart players with the really smart and totally greatly developed” rosters have playing against paper toons.

You are granting them extreme banner advantage for the tourney, cool gift xD

It doesn’t impact or change anything for me. And the way the rewards are currently structured it doesn’t have much impact either.

It has much impact for your opponent. If you wanna be spiteful to your opponent you'd put everything in defense and not play or let autofill which also puts your best on defense randomly. But it's very cool ettiquette to do it this way (you are doing it to spite CG, not your opponent, right?) as they can underman your teams with only 1-2 toons and gain record amount of banners from it. Nothing that's remotely probable in any normal match.
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    Options
    What I see in your account is inefficient farming. You’re either not farming enough, or you are slicing mods past the point that you should have moved on. It’s not about luck. If you’re using an effective system, the law of large numbers will yield favorable results over time.

I would guess you’ve been playing two years longer than I have and yet my mods are vastly superior. That tells me that more strategic players at your GP have an even larger advantage.

We had equal time to farm mods and there's 5 months I put down the game, I didn't farm 2 years of mods over you by any means. Inefficient farming of what? Not sure if you are refering to mods or my fluff.

If you understand statistics a bit it's evident my low probability mods didn't get as much bumps as you. I'm not talking about "I never got +25, I'm unlucky, others are lucky", it's just about distribution. I've seen a vast amount of mod spreads and I paid special attention to full sets f2p were able to gain, while my full set is below average, I've seen worse, and I've seen much better at god mods end.

You can't utter law of large numbers as neither of our total mod farming and slicing presents anywhere near where we close up to a mean. Check top players in swgoh.gg and their mod spreads, they farmed 4-5x as many mods as us and their total farming isn't anywhere close enough either.

That's why our +10s are more showing of how much we farmed/sliced mods as that would take a single bump over the initial speed reveal or at most 2 bumps, any bump further than that is %25 probability of the former where our top ends differ. A mod can get 5x bumps on a stat and since we agree that we are looking for speed bumps first speed reveal comes free. One's chance to get 4 more bumps=5 total speed bumps is %0.39. However we would also need to look at the distributions of 3-4-5-6 speed bumps where the distribution is not even. I feel too lazy to check that distribution's table right now. +29 secondary speed mods exist in this game, no person farmed enough mods to warrant one, yet some people got those since we are legion.

Anyway I'm content with my mods, I used mods just to showcase what makes the difference at around my gp spot where everyone has almost all the toons that are deemed at least decent for being competetive. And I've been able to surpass some level of superiority on that behalf due to what took place on the board. If you copy-pasted my account but got to keep your mods while I kept my mods, we'd have a very decent and even match still. The ones I lost had vast differences.

Lastly I'll bring it full circle for the last time. Your assumed superiority is wrong. You are not a better player than all fluffy rosters because you chose to play lean. I would also play lean if I started as late as you, didn't have to put up with everything that came before and most importantly if I had the restrictions (especially credit bottleneck) as you. Whether you are a better player or not is within the farming choice within your means and how matches takes place.

Looking at your profile, it’s obvious where you’re making your mistake. I almost don’t even want to tell you. But I’ll take the high road and give you some advise.

347 of your 962 equipped mods are gold. The majority of them have poor speed secondaries. That tells me you’re wasting resources slicing mods up to gold when you would be better off moving on when they were green or blue.

Each successive roll is more and more expensive. Don’t slice a grey unless it’s 5, don’t slice a green unless it’s 10. Don’t slice a blue unless it’s 15. Once you hit 15 with a blue, take it to gold. You’ll waste far fewer resources chasing speed in the first three rolls than on the last two.

As for why you have more 10+ speed mods, you have twice as many toons equipped with mods. My inventory is full of mods over 10. I sell anything lower with the exception of high offense mods.

Regarding who is a better player between myself and those with bloated rosters, we can look at that objectively.

The strategies I use have led to me taking first in both arenas and first in HSR.

I’m in a competitive f2p guild that averages 1.2 million more GP. As a result, I got full TB rewards in Hoth when that was still a thing. And we did 25 stars in goenosis. That will improve dramatically soon when we can fill all platoons.

I was invited to the guild because I’m able to contribute more with my roster than players with much higher GP. I finish near the top in TW and TB.

Long story short, I earn a lot of rewards.

Contrast that with players who finish over 100 in arena, are not in heroic guilds and earn far fewer rewards in TB. If you judge which player is better based on results, it’s not too hard to figure out.

Then the totality of your mod set is better than mine as what you see on the bot is the full extend of my mods. I keep them all equipped to be able to use grand ivory.

So to sum your argument, you expect to get matched with players both with comparable success track record as yours and started around the same time as you and that defines the type of fairness you vouch for? What would prevent you to get matched with whales that are also as successful as you but have much more resources to use in totality in such a paradigm?

If that's all of your mods, I would guess you're not farming enough mods in general. You should be doing three refreshes a day every day, no matter what. Any more or less is inefficient. I've been doing that since I unlocked mods.

To correctly sum up my argument, I believe it's fair to match players who have used roughly the same amount of resources to build their account. GP isn't perfect, but it's the closest measure we have of that.

Because I get more rewards, I have used more resources than the vast majority of players who started at the same time as I did. I'm not saying I should be matched with them. But players who started shortly before I did have used similar resources and have similar GP. I should be matched with them in the opening round of the tournament. And yes, it's fair that they can't possibly beat me. That's the consequence of not using your resources wisely.

If I get matched with a whale at my GP who has a more focused roster or better mods, great. That's completely fair as far as I'm concerned. But in my experience, most whales blow up their GP as quickly as possible and their mods don't keep pace with their roster. I only ran into one whale in the old matchmaking that could and did beat me.

What's not fair is to be matched with players who have been playing for a year longer and have up to a million GP advantage. They tend to have comparable top end teams, but a dozen or so more zetas and up to ten additional, viable GA teams that don't count against their relevant GP.

Don't really understand where your assumed superiority on mods comes from. We both had the same time to farm mods, on the visible spectrum I have about 60 more 10+s than you whereas you have a few 20+ and 1 25+ extra to me. Or are you implying you have 200 more 10+s unequipped? I've seen much better f2p mods than us, yet I also know what's the limit of f2p acquirability. I can also supply you f2p mod distribution tables by pm so that you can see how high some goes. Maybe some crazy fella has been doing also 100*3x on both arena top gained crystals, I don't see how that's a good tactic for f2p though. I've yet to see any f2p closing up on 400 10+s, the max around is very close to 300 10+s right now. Lemme know if there's any as such, I'd be pretty interested seeing them.

GP has nothing to do as a comperative measure, it just consists of arbitrary tables where every higher tier of things are assigned higher values. If you claim GP is capable of corresponding to resources spend you should be able to explain why a g11 is approx. equal to 2x of g7 (I mean only that gear levels gp gain) whereas farming those resources from scratch from maps takes 6x more energy. There is a huge disparity built right into the arbitrariness of gp calculation itself. But since they already connected it to multiple modes, it's also too late revamp the tables it's calculated on.

That's why right now CG goes for a primary GP filter (which imo is no needed whatsoever) with some more parameters running softly in the background. These parameters are basically a sort of gp2, but undisclosed. They will keep tweaking from here the weighting of them, unless they overhaul the top x toons system which as I said multiple times is a good idea. I also fully agree, if they really want to keep it, they should extend it beyond defense slots*10x.

You are tripping if you think they will go to full GP MM ever again.

I have roughly 80-100 unequipped 10+ speed mods. I have a few 15s and 16s that I still need to find a home for. I don't assume my mods are superior to yours. I can see that they are. Your fastest set is +150. My fastest is +168. I have a total of four sets that are faster than your fastest. I also have a sizable advantage on offense mods. If you think that's due to luck, keep doing what you're doing and ignore the advice I gave you.

I don't know why you think I've been farming mods for as long as you have. I started playing in September of 2017. I've been playing for less than two year. So unless you ignored mods until I started playing, you have been farming them for quite a bit longer.

I don't think CG will go back to the old matchmaking. But I do think they need to modify their current matchmaking so that it doesn't favor less strategic players by giving them a massive advantage over newer, more strategic players. If they were to include 90 toons, rater than 60 at my level, matchmaking would be far more balanced.

Yeah you had better luck on the high end mods, that doesn't change the fact that we have superbly close stats on the whole, but whatever. I also retract all my comments as you proved yourself to be insufferable with zero information on what was/wasn't in the game, when they got released and how much resources we had back then on what to use for. Keep seeing the current MM as something that only effects you, targeted only make players of your ilk suffer while it benefits bad players. Remind yourself any player that doesn't do it like you do it is a bad player. Keep on your crusade.

You can't learn anything when you think you already know everything. The reason your mods suck for your GP and the amount of time you have been playing is because you suck at farming mods. You're chasing speed past the point that it's efficient to do so. As demonstrated by your abundance of sub 15 (and even sub 10) speed secondaries on gold mods. But hey, keep telling yourself it's just your bad luck and has nothing to do with bad decisions you make. That's the mantra for every loser everywhere.

Cool story bro!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    What I see in your account is inefficient farming. You’re either not farming enough, or you are slicing mods past the point that you should have moved on. It’s not about luck. If you’re using an effective system, the law of large numbers will yield favorable results over time.

I would guess you’ve been playing two years longer than I have and yet my mods are vastly superior. That tells me that more strategic players at your GP have an even larger advantage.

We had equal time to farm mods and there's 5 months I put down the game, I didn't farm 2 years of mods over you by any means. Inefficient farming of what? Not sure if you are refering to mods or my fluff.

If you understand statistics a bit it's evident my low probability mods didn't get as much bumps as you. I'm not talking about "I never got +25, I'm unlucky, others are lucky", it's just about distribution. I've seen a vast amount of mod spreads and I paid special attention to full sets f2p were able to gain, while my full set is below average, I've seen worse, and I've seen much better at god mods end.

You can't utter law of large numbers as neither of our total mod farming and slicing presents anywhere near where we close up to a mean. Check top players in swgoh.gg and their mod spreads, they farmed 4-5x as many mods as us and their total farming isn't anywhere close enough either.

That's why our +10s are more showing of how much we farmed/sliced mods as that would take a single bump over the initial speed reveal or at most 2 bumps, any bump further than that is %25 probability of the former where our top ends differ. A mod can get 5x bumps on a stat and since we agree that we are looking for speed bumps first speed reveal comes free. One's chance to get 4 more bumps=5 total speed bumps is %0.39. However we would also need to look at the distributions of 3-4-5-6 speed bumps where the distribution is not even. I feel too lazy to check that distribution's table right now. +29 secondary speed mods exist in this game, no person farmed enough mods to warrant one, yet some people got those since we are legion.

Anyway I'm content with my mods, I used mods just to showcase what makes the difference at around my gp spot where everyone has almost all the toons that are deemed at least decent for being competetive. And I've been able to surpass some level of superiority on that behalf due to what took place on the board. If you copy-pasted my account but got to keep your mods while I kept my mods, we'd have a very decent and even match still. The ones I lost had vast differences.

Lastly I'll bring it full circle for the last time. Your assumed superiority is wrong. You are not a better player than all fluffy rosters because you chose to play lean. I would also play lean if I started as late as you, didn't have to put up with everything that came before and most importantly if I had the restrictions (especially credit bottleneck) as you. Whether you are a better player or not is within the farming choice within your means and how matches takes place.

Looking at your profile, it’s obvious where you’re making your mistake. I almost don’t even want to tell you. But I’ll take the high road and give you some advise.

347 of your 962 equipped mods are gold. The majority of them have poor speed secondaries. That tells me you’re wasting resources slicing mods up to gold when you would be better off moving on when they were green or blue.

Each successive roll is more and more expensive. Don’t slice a grey unless it’s 5, don’t slice a green unless it’s 10. Don’t slice a blue unless it’s 15. Once you hit 15 with a blue, take it to gold. You’ll waste far fewer resources chasing speed in the first three rolls than on the last two.

As for why you have more 10+ speed mods, you have twice as many toons equipped with mods. My inventory is full of mods over 10. I sell anything lower with the exception of high offense mods.

Regarding who is a better player between myself and those with bloated rosters, we can look at that objectively.

The strategies I use have led to me taking first in both arenas and first in HSR.

I’m in a competitive f2p guild that averages 1.2 million more GP. As a result, I got full TB rewards in Hoth when that was still a thing. And we did 25 stars in goenosis. That will improve dramatically soon when we can fill all platoons.

I was invited to the guild because I’m able to contribute more with my roster than players with much higher GP. I finish near the top in TW and TB.

Long story short, I earn a lot of rewards.

Contrast that with players who finish over 100 in arena, are not in heroic guilds and earn far fewer rewards in TB. If you judge which player is better based on results, it’s not too hard to figure out.

Then the totality of your mod set is better than mine as what you see on the bot is the full extend of my mods. I keep them all equipped to be able to use grand ivory.

So to sum your argument, you expect to get matched with players both with comparable success track record as yours and started around the same time as you and that defines the type of fairness you vouch for? What would prevent you to get matched with whales that are also as successful as you but have much more resources to use in totality in such a paradigm?

If that's all of your mods, I would guess you're not farming enough mods in general. You should be doing three refreshes a day every day, no matter what. Any more or less is inefficient. I've been doing that since I unlocked mods.

To correctly sum up my argument, I believe it's fair to match players who have used roughly the same amount of resources to build their account. GP isn't perfect, but it's the closest measure we have of that.

Because I get more rewards, I have used more resources than the vast majority of players who started at the same time as I did. I'm not saying I should be matched with them. But players who started shortly before I did have used similar resources and have similar GP. I should be matched with them in the opening round of the tournament. And yes, it's fair that they can't possibly beat me. That's the consequence of not using your resources wisely.

If I get matched with a whale at my GP who has a more focused roster or better mods, great. That's completely fair as far as I'm concerned. But in my experience, most whales blow up their GP as quickly as possible and their mods don't keep pace with their roster. I only ran into one whale in the old matchmaking that could and did beat me.

What's not fair is to be matched with players who have been playing for a year longer and have up to a million GP advantage. They tend to have comparable top end teams, but a dozen or so more zetas and up to ten additional, viable GA teams that don't count against their relevant GP.

Don't really understand where your assumed superiority on mods comes from. We both had the same time to farm mods, on the visible spectrum I have about 60 more 10+s than you whereas you have a few 20+ and 1 25+ extra to me. Or are you implying you have 200 more 10+s unequipped? I've seen much better f2p mods than us, yet I also know what's the limit of f2p acquirability. I can also supply you f2p mod distribution tables by pm so that you can see how high some goes. Maybe some crazy fella has been doing also 100*3x on both arena top gained crystals, I don't see how that's a good tactic for f2p though. I've yet to see any f2p closing up on 400 10+s, the max around is very close to 300 10+s right now. Lemme know if there's any as such, I'd be pretty interested seeing them.

GP has nothing to do as a comperative measure, it just consists of arbitrary tables where every higher tier of things are assigned higher values. If you claim GP is capable of corresponding to resources spend you should be able to explain why a g11 is approx. equal to 2x of g7 (I mean only that gear levels gp gain) whereas farming those resources from scratch from maps takes 6x more energy. There is a huge disparity built right into the arbitrariness of gp calculation itself. But since they already connected it to multiple modes, it's also too late revamp the tables it's calculated on.

That's why right now CG goes for a primary GP filter (which imo is no needed whatsoever) with some more parameters running softly in the background. These parameters are basically a sort of gp2, but undisclosed. They will keep tweaking from here the weighting of them, unless they overhaul the top x toons system which as I said multiple times is a good idea. I also fully agree, if they really want to keep it, they should extend it beyond defense slots*10x.

You are tripping if you think they will go to full GP MM ever again.

I have roughly 80-100 unequipped 10+ speed mods. I have a few 15s and 16s that I still need to find a home for. I don't assume my mods are superior to yours. I can see that they are. Your fastest set is +150. My fastest is +168. I have a total of four sets that are faster than your fastest. I also have a sizable advantage on offense mods. If you think that's due to luck, keep doing what you're doing and ignore the advice I gave you.

I don't know why you think I've been farming mods for as long as you have. I started playing in September of 2017. I've been playing for less than two year. So unless you ignored mods until I started playing, you have been farming them for quite a bit longer.

I don't think CG will go back to the old matchmaking. But I do think they need to modify their current matchmaking so that it doesn't favor less strategic players by giving them a massive advantage over newer, more strategic players. If they were to include 90 toons, rater than 60 at my level, matchmaking would be far more balanced.

Yeah you had better luck on the high end mods, that doesn't change the fact that we have superbly close stats on the whole, but whatever. I also retract all my comments as you proved yourself to be insufferable with zero information on what was/wasn't in the game, when they got released and how much resources we had back then on what to use for. Keep seeing the current MM as something that only effects you, targeted only make players of your ilk suffer while it benefits bad players. Remind yourself any player that doesn't do it like you do it is a bad player. Keep on your crusade.

You can't learn anything when you think you already know everything. The reason your mods suck for your GP and the amount of time you have been playing is because you suck at farming mods. You're chasing speed past the point that it's efficient to do so. As demonstrated by your abundance of sub 15 (and even sub 10) speed secondaries on gold mods. But hey, keep telling yourself it's just your bad luck and has nothing to do with bad decisions you make. That's the mantra for every loser everywhere.

Oh you are bored and went to back tracking messages? I'm too bored with you know though since you are just a broken track record with zero to offer.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Why you all kidding yourselves. There is no point in a league and division based system if it is ignored for matchmaking.

I've payed to gain an advantage over my peers but now I dont even face my peers and my advantage is gone.

Why should I spend anymore money? What advantage is gained?

Bloated rosters already have advantage through territory battles, raids and now gac.
    But I bet the focused rosters are the p2p players and we are not being looked after at all.

your joking right...what advantage do I have in TB over you.... i deploy 4.6 million lean guy deploys 1.5-2

we get the same rewards for it... in GA lean rosters reap massively better rewards and then piggy back off me for the same TB rewards.... You can have your advantage back and get tons of goodies while I sit in last place as long as they change TB rewards to where I get better stuff for my GP advantage....

Not sure why you think only you should get an advantage somewhere and not everyone else...

you brought up the imaginary advantage in TB not me....

Also not sure which advantage a bloated roster has in raids as garbage teams are pretty much killed immediatly in HSTR.... can't hurt DN in one and 4..... Raid rank depends on basically 3-4 teams none of which are considered bloat

honestly i have no idea what your talking about this "bloat advantage" ALL it boils down to people with lean rosters usually dominate every part of the game that actually matters then piggy back off bloat for TB.

Are people mad because maybe it's a little fairer now ??????? (I'm not even sure that it is)

What exactly is the complaint ????

I have a focused roster at 1.9m gp. At 4.6 gp that will be the same.
    Its your fault your roster is garbage not anyone else

I'm also talking about advantage over people playing the same amount of time as me which again I've payed for.
    I'm not expecting advantage over someone 4.6m gp that probably been playing double my time but probably longer.

you said we have an advantage in TB over you... and raids.... but we don't and my roster is not garbage. it suits me in every part of this game except GAC and arena..... a fair trade off to be at the top of ships for 2 years and ensure i have the best raid teams possible..... yup you win arena and get your big crystal payout maybe you can get both and do get both. that's a big boon for crystals.... question is do you need a shard chat for ships... I don't to take 1 maybe you don't.

IF YOU HAD A LEAN ROSTER you DESERVED an advantage in GA because you were giving up a lot of other benefits to having lots of GP... and believe it or not you STILL should have that advantage because you most likely have at least one team that at least in 50% of your matchups the other player could not beat with his 120 G10 toons

You still have autowin matches without even having to try hard I do not...so you still have a massive advantage to win half your GAC's without even a flicker of worry..... and as you move up and start getting harder matches that advantage will dissapear because you will be fighting god teams and god players.

(again i have no problem with anything you have ever said except that I have some kind of advantage over you in raids and TB.....because I don't and never will unless it's a ship raid where my primary focus is.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Why you all kidding yourselves. There is no point in a league and division based system if it is ignored for matchmaking.

I've payed to gain an advantage over my peers but now I dont even face my peers and my advantage is gone.

Why should I spend anymore money? What advantage is gained?

Bloated rosters already have advantage through territory battles, raids and now gac.
    But I bet the focused rosters are the p2p players and we are not being looked after at all.

your joking right...what advantage do I have in TB over you.... i deploy 4.6 million lean guy deploys 1.5-2

we get the same rewards for it... in GA lean rosters reap massively better rewards and then piggy back off me for the same TB rewards.... You can have your advantage back and get tons of goodies while I sit in last place as long as they change TB rewards to where I get better stuff for my GP advantage....

Not sure why you think only you should get an advantage somewhere and not everyone else...

you brought up the imaginary advantage in TB not me....

Also not sure which advantage a bloated roster has in raids as garbage teams are pretty much killed immediatly in HSTR.... can't hurt DN in one and 4..... Raid rank depends on basically 3-4 teams none of which are considered bloat

honestly i have no idea what your talking about this "bloat advantage" ALL it boils down to people with lean rosters usually dominate every part of the game that actually matters then piggy back off bloat for TB.

Are people mad because maybe it's a little fairer now ??????? (I'm not even sure that it is)

What exactly is the complaint ????

I have a focused roster at 1.9m gp. At 4.6 gp that will be the same.
    Its your fault your roster is garbage not anyone else

I'm also talking about advantage over people playing the same amount of time as me which again I've payed for.
    I'm not expecting advantage over someone 4.6m gp that probably been playing double my time but probably longer.

you said we have an advantage in TB over you... and raids.... but we don't and my roster is not garbage. it suits me in every part of this game except GAC and arena..... a fair trade off to be at the top of ships for 2 years and ensure i have the best raid teams possible..... yup you win arena and get your big crystal payout maybe you can get both and do get both. that's a big boon for crystals.... question is do you need a shard chat for ships... I don't to take 1 maybe you don't.

IF YOU HAD A LEAN ROSTER you DESERVED an advantage in GA because you were giving up a lot of other benefits to having lots of GP... and believe it or not you STILL should have that advantage because you most likely have at least one team that at least in 50% of your matchups the other player could not beat with his 120 G10 toons

You still have autowin matches without even having to try hard I do not...so you still have a massive advantage to win half your GAC's without even a flicker of worry..... and as you move up and start getting harder matches that advantage will dissapear because you will be fighting god teams and god players.

(again i have no problem with anything you have ever said except that I have some kind of advantage over you in raids and TB.....because I don't and never will unless it's a ship raid where my primary focus is.

It's not a one way or the other where each has it's benefits and drawback. You don't really deserve anything. There's a path of possibilities what you can do and choose regardingly within your means in an ever changing scape trying to guess the best path forward for your condition. Noone truely knows where CG is taking the MM, besides it's rather obvious they will keep tweaking it from their announcements. Every step of the way, they'll also consider their financial emphasis which should provide a hint where the ship is heading.
  • Options
    Anyone else not get credit in Feats for undersized squad victories? It shows in my stats, but not in GAC
  • Options
    Did anybody else miss this GAC? I have been checking it literally once every few hours and I went into it straight after the last one. Am I missing a sign up button?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Another one that doesn’t get it. So here’s GAC matching summary for dummies: Matching based on GP is stupid. End of story.

If I get matched against god-players because of a flawed algorithm I do the following now: set all my defenses with the weakest teams I have (level 1, 0 gear) and don’t attack my opponent at all. Why waste my valuable time. I encourage everyone to do the same. Let’s see how much fun the “oh so smart players with the really smart and totally greatly developed” rosters have playing against paper toons.
    In other words, you encourage everyone else to join you in shooting themselves in the foot to throw a temper tantrum like a petulant child.

Even if you don't win, doing your best on offense will get you banners, feats, progress, rewards, and it lets you actually play the game. Saying, "This person looks hard. I'm gonna sit here and pout," does not.

You'd be surprised what you can do when you do your best. I've beaten stronger rosters. I've been beaten by weaker rosters. And even when I lost, I got banners and progression toward the next league.

And no, matchmaking based on GP is not stupid, and that is not the end of the story. Placing a numerical value on investments and assets is the most practical solution to an issue of this type, scope, and complexity. You can question how it's parsed, calculated, and used, but ultimately it's the most practical and reasonable solution. No one's proposed a better model that's not highly and easily abuseable once people realize how it works.

Which is not to say the current algorithm doesn't need refinement. It does. Mainly it breaks down at very high GP where immediately useful and relevant assets below the pertinent GP bubble expand. But it's a good start.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    SamBazz wrote: »
    Did anybody else miss this GAC? I have been checking it literally once every few hours and I went into it straight after the last one. Am I missing a sign up button?
    Yes. When week 1 finished, there was a 1hr review phase then the week 2 GA launched.

You had to click “enter” THEN click “join”.

Many who have missed it have mistakenly said that they had signed up because they could see feats etc. But these can be seen without joining.
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I must say I'm amazed. I thought I won't post anything about the new matchmaking but the discrepancies in my current group are just too blunt. There is this dude playing padme team somewhere around late 50s on arena, no g13, no malak, not even drevan present. Beside him there is this kraken guy with 10 g13 characters including full drevan/malak team, traya and half of galactic republic with twice as many speed mods. Nice.
    I'm neighter of them, I'm just average.
  • DJHarmonics12
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I'm 2.8 million GP. I don't have a Darth Revan team, Grevious team, or Padme team.
    Why am I being matched up against ppl 1 million or more GP than me and with fully gear 13 DR teams with Malak, and a gear 13 Grevious?

Last GA I was up against people with 800k to 1.2mil gp more than me and they all had DR teams. They also have every team I have and with similar mods.
    Clearly the matchmaking needs some work.

This is who I'm currently up against..

opponents ally code: 789-469-373

My ally code: 222-999-976
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I'm 2.8 million GP. I don't have a Darth Revan team, Grevious team, or Padme team.
    Why am I being matched up against ppl 1 million or more GP than me and with fully gear 13 DR teams with Malak, and a gear 13 Grevious?

Last GA I was up against people with 800k to 1.2mil gp more than me and they all had DR teams. They also have every team I have and with similar mods.

This is what you are complaining about:

yt7a4vz7b8bc.png

Pertinent GP? Match. Zetas? You have a modest advantage. G12s? They have a modest advantage. Yes, they have a few more G13s, but overall, this does not look like an unreasonable match.

Ganbatte.
    Still not a he.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

yt7a4vz7b8bc.png

Pertinent GP? Match. Zetas? You have a modest advantage. G12s? They have a modest advantage. Yes, they have a few more G13s, but overall, this does not look like an unreasonable match.

Ganbatte.

all that math and numbers mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if the opponent has a G13 team that cannot be beaten any way with all 120 toons in their roster..... It's can't be ground down it can't be beaten....it's an autoloss

you can compare all the numbers and stats you want it's an autoloss.

I'm not saying it's not fair.... I am saying it's NOT FUN...autolosses are not fun.

Which always leads to if I"m not gonna get to have fun neither are you :)
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is guys in top are not matched with thier piers..so guys on bottom are being over matched guys on top under matched.....but...it's fair your all going for the same rewards. It's equal you share the same GP...or near. And higher seeds always Match vs lower seeds. Garbage excuses!
  • Options
    ivtk6mxlqpc4.png
    I have a question about this. Is this for real?
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    no
  • Options
    BobaPhat wrote: »
    ivtk6mxlqpc4.png
    I have a question about this. Is this for real?

I just did a forum search of all of his posts on the 15th and I didn't find this one. If it was real, it's been deleted.

RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    Options
    Go figure..now I'm believe in conspiracy!
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

yt7a4vz7b8bc.png

Ganbatte.

all that math and numbers mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if the opponent has a G13 team that cannot be beaten any way with all 120 toons in their roster..... It's can't be ground down it can't be beaten....it's an autoloss

I'm not saying it's not fair.... I am saying it's NOT FUN...autolosses are not fun.

I really hope you're joking. I face g13 teams in regular arena every day with my normal g12 team and destroy them. Very few characters get a substantial boost from g13, the rest can still be taken down with plain old g11 counters from my experience. I do it every GA, and I know I'm not alone cuz my guild-mates record their battles to show how little it matters most times. But hey, if you're gonna quit anytime it looks tough, go ahead.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Gannon wrote: »

yt7a4vz7b8bc.png

Ganbatte.

I really hope you're joking. I gave g13 teams in regular arena every day with my regular g12 team and destroy them. Very few characters get a substantial boost from g13, the rest can still be taken down with g11 counters from my experience. But hey, if you're gonna quit anytime it looks tough, go ahead.

Its your basic inability to understand there atmre teams that cannot be beaten with other ppls rosters it makes my head hurt.....

As u have posted numerous numerous numerous times your awedome we get it.... alas u being awedome does not change others realitys that are not your own

Your stuck in your own little i can beat anyone loop which is amazing for you (really).....

But its not others reality

Jesus i missed S key like 8 times in that post single malt hurting tonite

Edit GAC rewards are “currently” horrible enough to enable a lot of people to not care enough to actually spite someone....

(Honestly i dont do it... but i get why they do)

Oh no if i tank the mTch i might lose 400 gac coin over a month .... meh
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Gannon wrote: »

yt7a4vz7b8bc.png

Ganbatte.

I really hope you're joking. I gave g13 teams in regular arena every day with my regular g12 team and destroy them. Very few characters get a substantial boost from g13, the rest can still be taken down with g11 counters from my experience. But hey, if you're gonna quit anytime it looks tough, go ahead.

Its your basic inability to understand there atmre teams that cannot be beaten with other ppls rosters it makes my head hurt.....

As u have posted numerous numerous numerous times your awedome we get it.... alas u being awedome does not change others realitys that are not your own

Your stuck in your own little i can beat anyone loop which is amazing for you (really).....

But its not others reality

Jesus i missed S key like 8 times in that post single malt hurting tonite

Edit GAC rewards are “currently” horrible enough to enable a lot of people to not care enough to actually spite someone....

(Honestly i dont do it... but i get why they do)

Oh no if i tank the mTch i might lose 400 gac coin over a month .... meh

Lol you remind of a guy in my guild who only talks in discord using siri, it's pretty funny. But I'm not talking about me at all, I'm talking about the vocal majority within my guild. I'm not saying that I'm awesome and nothing can stop me, I'm saying that most ppl I've talked to don't view g13 as something that stops counters from working. Malak at g13 is very difficult, as is gg, but most teams, like jkr, are pretty much the same at g13 except a little extra speed. No reason to give up. At least attempt it, you may find it's really not so bad.
  • Options

In other words, you encourage everyone else to join you in shooting themselves in the foot to throw a temper tantrum like a petulant child.

Even if you don't win, doing your best on offense will get you banners, feats, progress, rewards, and it lets you actually play the game. Saying, "This person looks hard. I'm gonna sit here and pout," does not.

You'd be surprised what you can do when you do your best. I've beaten stronger rosters. I've been beaten by weaker rosters. And even when I lost, I got banners and progression toward the next league.

And no, matchmaking based on GP is not stupid, and that is not the end of the story. Placing a numerical value on investments and assets is the most practical solution to an issue of this type, scope, and complexity. You can question how it's parsed, calculated, and used, but ultimately it's the most practical and reasonable solution. No one's proposed a better model that's not highly and easily abuseable once people realize how it works.

Which is not to say the current algorithm doesn't need refinement. It does. Mainly it breaks down at very high GP where immediately useful and relevant assets below the pertinent GP bubble expand. But it's a good start.

Frankly my time is just to valuable for me to spend on lost causes. It is simply not possible for me to beat a DR/Malak team with the toons I have available. So trying it a waste of time. I’d rather make a point that is felt and will hopefully lead to change eventually. Reward difference between last and one of the middle places is marginal.

And I proposed in many other posts how matchmaking can be improved (considering meta characters, gear etc.)

So far you have not convinced me, so I stick with my opinion that matchmaking solely based on GA is stupid. It’s just the laziest way to do it and creates unfair matchups (my second matchup this GA is as horrid as the first, so it’s not an exception)

Also keep in mind that most people who get matched with opponents in lower divisions and leagues with significantly weaker toons are probably not complaining here.
  • Graz
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Championships Grand Arena flaws that are so dumb it undermines the people who help develop this game.

Round Draw; you lose as you have less GP than your opponent? Why if I face a player with double the GP I have. 729k vs 1,8million how is fair that I lose. My lower GP squads hold a player with twice the GP should surely mean I have a the better skill, strategy and players to pull out a win? But no I lose as they have been playing for 3 years and I’ve been playing for 1. Reverse this stupid no sense making victory to higher GP nonsense.

Cross divison match making. I’m in divison 10 but every single opponent in my pool is divison 8 or higher. Why place me against players which superior squads and GP with the above stupid rule. It makes the point of CGA worthless to lower GP players. Who will never get a far and evenly matched opponent. With the exception of 1 other player in my pool everybody has at the very least double my GP so with the bone rule I have little chance of beating a higher GP player.

League promotion, not holding, why promote players at the end of a tournament or mid tourniment if during the next GCA I start right back where I was in divison 10 ranked at 23,479 carbonite divion. Complete waste of time fighting to raise up the ranks. When you only ever end up back where you started.

Auto assignment. Surely you have the ability to sort players rosters in to type EG. Bounty hunters, Jedi, sith, rebel, night sister. Picking my top 20 toons and slapping them in a line so they can be crushed with ease again makes no sense. I get that this stops the easy “ non-contested” victory but it might as well have been uncontested if the lines are next to useless and have no ability to fight as a cohesive team.

Line changes, is it not beyond reason to allow players to change and amend line up until the actual “Attacking round” starts. Our squads and toons are locked in ability and overall power etc, but once you assign a team to a line it’s fixed in place, meaning that a team you have found that works better than you ever thought cannot be rolled out. We have no ability to see the other players line ups until the attacking phase so why are we not allowed to change, and yes I have assigned lines by mistake but can not rectify this after noticing I made a mistake.

These all seem like pretty easy things to change so why don’t you, is this the ultimate pandering to whales that we have come to expect from Captial Games?

Finally how about game options, I’m sure parents and players across the world will agree, if I have no intention of ever paying for content why should I face players who consider spending $10,000 a month on the latest must have gear and toons. Give us a choice, free to play or pay to play. Remove the cash money packs from the FTP servers and keep the shard packs, for those that want to use hard earned purple shards to buy gear and shards.

Thanks in advance from a player that is set to quit the game due to the now blatant pay to play system in place for this game.
  • Options
    Graz wrote: »
    Round Draw; you lose as you have less GP than your opponent? Why if I face a player with double the GP I have. 729k vs 1,8million how is fair that I lose. My lower GP squads hold a player with twice the GP should surely mean I have a the better skill, strategy and players to pull out a win? But no I lose as they have been playing for 3 years and I’ve been playing for 1. Reverse this stupid no sense making victory to higher GP nonsense.
    It doesn’t work like that. The draw is decided by your matchmaking GP. So you could well get the nod in a draw in your example.
    League promotion, not holding, why promote players at the end of a tournament or mid tourniment if during the next GCA I start right back where I was in divison 10 ranked at 23,479 carbonite divion. Complete waste of time fighting to raise up the ranks. When you only ever end up back where you started.
    Because at the end of the whole tournament, prizes are paid out based on what league you are in. So it’s not a waste of time. And if they didn’t reset, eventually everyone would be in kyber and there’d be no incentive for anyone but the top 200 or so to do anything.
    Auto assignment. Surely you have the ability to sort players rosters in to type EG. Bounty hunters, Jedi, sith, rebel, night sister. Picking my top 20 toons and slapping them in a line so they can be crushed with ease again makes no sense. I get that this stops the easy “ non-contested” victory but it might as well have been uncontested if the lines are next to useless and have no ability to fight as a cohesive team.
    This is laughable. You have 24 hours to set your own defences into cohesive teams. Why on earth should a programmer go to the trouble of writing code that will do that for you? If it’s too much trouble for you to set your own defence, you deserve to have mismatched teams set for you.
    Line changes, is it not beyond reason to allow players to change and amend line up until the actual “Attacking round” starts. Our squads and toons are locked in ability and overall power etc, but once you assign a team to a line it’s fixed in place, meaning that a team you have found that works better than you ever thought cannot be rolled out. We have no ability to see the other players line ups until the attacking phase so why are we not allowed to change, and yes I have assigned lines by mistake but can not rectify this after noticing I made a mistake.
    +1. This is long overdue.
    Finally how about game options, I’m sure parents and players across the world will agree, if I have no intention of ever paying for content why should I face players who consider spending $10,000 a month on the latest must have gear and toons. Give us a choice, free to play or pay to play. Remove the cash money packs from the FTP servers and keep the shard packs, for those that want to use hard earned purple shards to buy gear and shards.
    Like it or lump it, we need the spenders to keep the game alive. What incentive is there for the devs to maintain servers for people who don’t contribute anything to the game’s development? And where do you draw the line? Does someone who once spent £20 on crystals belong on the PTP server?

• TRanger
    329 posts Member
    Options
    Well those who contribute such as myself In the area of thousands (x over) multiplied over 3 years...I find myself at the bottom of every arena....still mismatched...no advantage...and still unable to get a decent match fit for my squad...very broad...up against very lean...and every stride I make to improve...I face ever more lean rosters. Lesson here...$$ contribute to game does nothing to help our situation...even if In The thousands of dollars....yeah that is my fault I'm the jack-****...I should have stopped putting cash on the game long time ago.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Well those who contribute such as myself In the area of thousands (x over) multiplied over 3 years...I find myself at the bottom of every arena....still mismatched...no advantage...and still unable to get a decent match fit for my squad...very broad...up against very lean...and every stride I make to improve...I face ever more lean rosters. Lesson here...$$ contribute to game does nothing to help our situation...even if In The thousands of dollars....yeah that is my fault I'm the jack-****...I should have stopped putting cash on the game long time ago.

That's weird, the whole idea behind current mm is to alleviate that situation. I still get matched with leaner rosters as my top80 is broad too; many unnecessary toons in there, but this situation is ailable as I'll move new toons into it, g13 and whatnot, meanwhile lean rosters at around my gp will also have to get more g12s and the disparity will decrease more over time. Ofc other type of disparities will exist which are match determining. I don't know if the mm is gonna stay as is, but if it does, there's a lot you can do going forth which will gradually put you in a better situation.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I'm all ears..I'm more upset how it keeps sliding forward and I find my self further and further behind. The cash used to correct...more waste. So I gave up playing with money. It didnt help. GA started (using zeta and g12 as a stat) I am constantly at a huge disadvantage..+15-20 easy...meta toons I don't have, squads that need more g11;12 high 9 and low 10 gear usless...put all my best on defense..1 shot kills and I bearly clear an area with sub A and full B squads....flip it..1 shot board clears...and I can clear all but 1 or 2 squads in 1 or 2 areas. And I will end in 6-7-8 place. Huge face slap...then I turn off the game and kick my own **** for wasteing money and believe that it would help.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I'm all ears..I'm more upset how it keeps sliding forward and I find my self further and further behind. The cash used to correct...more waste. So I gave up playing with money. It didnt help. GA started (using zeta and g12 as a stat) I am constantly at a huge disadvantage..+15-20 easy...meta toons I don't have, squads that need more g11;12 high 9 and low 10 gear usless...put all my best on defense..1 shot kills and I bearly clear an area with sub A and full B squads....flip it..1 shot board clears...and I can clear all but 1 or 2 squads in 1 or 2 areas. And I will end in 6-7-8 place. Huge face slap...then I turn off the game and kick my own **** for wasteing money and believe that it would help.

Money directly won't help you but only using it in a certain way. In this current scheme dropping money directly on mods and g13 would work for example, but not the previous monies you dropped on other things. Send me your ally code over pm so we can look into it together what areas can take improving if you want to. Remember if a significant mod disparity exists in your matches (absolutely not talking about god mods but full span of you and your opponents mods) you can't bridge it any other way. And yet while I fully believe you can improve in a certain direction, any future change may make you steer in other directions too.

Lastly if you are getting into an approx. even match, how you setup your board, how your opponent did (there is no unequivocally good tactic as the one you've chosen may turn out bad depending on what your opponent did), rng in the matches (lost to a DR/Malak in a match you know you were able to win previously, then you're mostly screwed) and how/at what time match exchanges took place all play greatly into the outcome. I won many matches on very close banners only due to chess-like play that got played in portions.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Frankly my time is just to valuable for me to spend on lost causes. It is simply not possible for me to beat a DR/Malak team with the toons I have available. So trying it a waste of time. I’d rather make a point that is felt and will hopefully lead to change eventually. Reward difference between last and one of the middle places is marginal.
    Your "time is too valuable?" Don't give me that drek.

It's a game. It's inherently a waste of time. And you don't know what's a lost cause until you give it a bash. That said, it's direct, competitive PvP. In every match, someone loses. If you're a sore loser, if you can't enjoy doing your best and still losing, then you probably shouldn't be in a game mode where you have a 50% baseline chance of losing.

As for the difference in rewards? There are multiple sets. From the individual rounds, two wins and a loss nets you 200 tokens. Three losses nets you 75. For the bracket, 5-7 gets 350, an omega, and 15 pulse modulators vice last's 175, 0, and 5. And while the difference between first and last in a league is modest, the difference between one league and the next is substantial, generally increasing your final winnings by half again even if you're at the bottom within your league. Gains for putting in some effort are considerable.
    Still not a he.