Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    How about letting every one keep their 150 shards from this event and refund the GET equivalent of every exeed shard to the players that have such.
    I can see CG doesn't want this but EVERY player should be happy with this.
    Can't see any reason why not
  • Options
    Oh CG! What will you come up with next?
    🤣😂
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat
    I understand you will be taking away the shards we got today from Malak, but some of us used our gear and spent crystals on gear to get Malak to g12. Are we getting all that back?
  • CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    NuSair wrote: »
    Rollback is really their only viable option. People would have already redone the event and turned the extra shards into currency- and even spent some of that. Either that or just give EVERYONE an equal amount of shards (except those that completed the event a second time).

Rollback would be a horrible idea. And most of the reasons have nothing to do with the Malak event. How would that affect any other aspects of the game? I spent about an hour slicing mods and tweaking them for the next stage of TW coming up - I'm going have to do that again because CG can't run an event correctly?....the third time it's out? Not to mention how it might affect all the other aspects of the game. Honestly, if CG can't run an event the third time without bugs, I am deeply concerned about their ability to accurately rollback the entire game without issue. Especially since, to my knowledge, they have never attempted doing so before.

Consider this a vote of "No confidence" in a rollback. Don't cross the streams....

They can roll back an individual characters gear. They did that with Sass (though admittedly they did have to address several problematic cases), which is what I would assume they will do this time. That said, there’s ton of problems possible (to include gearing after the “now” snapshot, mistakes, purchases made with the Malak completion as their intent, the communication confusion, etc) and communicating this effiently to all players.

Not to mention that this can take some time to rol our, freezing that gear from the players until the issue is resolved.
  • Options
    WHAT THE ****

I was 10 shards away from 7* malak. I have spent more money and even more importantly my time for almost 7 months to get a competitive advantage. I have all the gear saved up to bring him straight to g13 and for what.

I want my **** money back
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    NooGenii wrote: »
    Entus wrote: »
    The optimal fix would be to go back in time and make sure they didnt do it in the first place. Thats what rolling the DB back will do. The only reasonable solution.

What would that rollback affect? What about any and all farming/gearing efforts made since then, especially in things unrelated to Malak? The player that just got a good roll on signal data, and took his/her JKA to another relic level... is that gone too?

Yes it will be gone. But u could just reroll..no resources lost. It would only effect the time period from the start to when they shut it down. I
  • Options
    And, they are at 2 and a half hours from when they first posted and still haven't shut the event down. Wow.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Dave12 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    RyuMac_81 wrote: »
    What happens to the guys who just unlocked him today before the notice? If they scrub the whole event like they say are we loosing ours too? Someone should get fired for this.

This will only effect players that recieved the "First time rewards" multiple times, from what we are told

And then what? I don't really need the gear or mods back, because I only got them for Malak. Are they refunding the crystals I spent on that? How much money did CG make today in the mad scramble to get this geared up?

Yes the crystals you had before the event start will be what you have. They are simply going back to a snapshot of ur account before the event.
  • Options
    They need to do this. Leave him as is. Don’t touch anything. If you had him at 6 star you can have a certain amount of get plus 2 zetas. If you had him at 7 star you get more get and 4 zetas.
    The get doesn’t have to equal 57k, but it shouldn’t be something to laugh about.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    This is certainly a mess! What about those of us that spent $$$ because we finally got Malak to 7*?
    $ spent, crystals used, currency spent because it was t needed for Malak anymore? How do they roll it back and be fair?
    Can they roll it back and not effect efforts put into TW since a player got his 7*?

I understand how those that already had him 7 star feel, but it’s not fair to take away either. The event as given prompted many to exercise actions they wouldn’t have otherwise. You can’t erase thier time and effort fairly. I doubt CG is going to grant any $$$ refunds either.

Pull it the event... but leave the outcome where it stands.

If the past is any indication, if you made a purchase during that time, you would not be included in the rollback. They would handle your account individually.
  • Options
    What happens to the guys who just unlocked him today before the notice? If they scrub the whole event like they say are we loosing ours too? Someone should get fired for this.

This will only effect players that recieved the "First time rewards" multiple times, from what we are told

That's peachy and all, but why was my comment removed, pray tell? Is "jack" a bad word now? Or did you merge the threads with the same level of competency displayed by the devs when they caused this fresh mess?

Before someone else puts words in my mouth, here is a screenshot of my comment. Thanks to makoamagana for quoting me before some mod pulled a Jinping.

h3jgitoactba.png
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

So will my money be refunded for purchasing G12 packs and Relic packs? I only spent the money as to gear Malak up today, not in 6 months. All this was done before I ever realized it was a bug. I thought they were making it easier to star up epic 5* characters.

Edit: Also, after finishing the light side and receiving more shards. I looked and saw the DS would award shards too. The shards did not say “first time rewards” on them anywhere.

It most certainly did say that.
    u9a99hjnluw9.jpeg
  • Options
    The optimal fix would be to go back in time and make sure they didnt do it in the first place. Thats what rolling the DB back will do. The only reasonable solution.

What would that rollback affect? What about any and all farming/gearing efforts made since then, especially in things unrelated to Malak? The player that just got a good roll on signal data, and took his/her JKA to another relic level... is that gone too?

Yes it will be gone. But u could just reroll..no resources lost. It would only effect the time period from the start to when they shut it down. I

So if everything is going to be rolled back, they should really just take down the game until it's fixed. At the very least, send a message out that nothing we do to our rosters right now is going to matter, so don't bother doing anything in the meantime (outside of "locked" events like TW, GAC, etc.).
  • jfears2
    187 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    All this mess could be avoided if people could just learn to keep their mouths shut when they spot an obvious mistake.

My first thought when I saw it in game, then came to forums and saw the thread:

Shut the hell up! SHHHHHHHHH, they will hear us!!!!

Congrats everyone, we're probably going to get reduced back to the original 3 hard node attempts for punishment.

Whatever happened to monopoly rules anyways, bank error in your favor, collect $50.
    Liath wrote: »

So will my money be refunded for purchasing G12 packs and Relic packs? I only spent the money as to gear Malak up today, not in 6 months. All this was done before I ever realized it was a bug. I thought they were making it easier to star up epic 5* characters.

Edit: Also, after finishing the light side and receiving more shards. I looked and saw the DS would award shards too. The shards did not say “first time rewards” on them anywhere.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Options
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Serious question. How does a rollback work? (Not saying this is what they will do to fix it just asking since people keep bringing it up.)

So if it rolls your roster back to a point in time before the event starts does it also roll back the energy you've used today, crystals you've used, credits you've used, mods you've upgraded? Or can the rollback apply only to a specific character?

I'm genuinely asking how it works because I'm not a programmer. I just want to know because while yeah I clicked the event on reflex and did the dark side one before checking the forums. I checked after I got the reward and then saw it was a bug so didn't try the light side. D idnt gear him up afterward because i only needed two gear pieces anyway because he was already 6 star G11 +4. And I wasn't going to spend 50 bucks finishing him off. But in the meantime today i have finished farming another G12+ piece for anakin and upgraded some mpds on other characters.

So will a rollback only affect the one character or will it affect your entire roster? I genuinely want to know how it works. Don't really care about them taking away the 75 Malak shards because it just means back to the grind I was on before.

It will rollback just your inventory. If, during the time of the event, you upgraded a toon, it will be rolled back as well. Say the event started at point A, and CG stopped it at point B. If you upgraded a toon after point B, then it will not be affected. If you upgraded a toon betwwen point A and B, it will be rolled back.

The only thing they cant roll back are purchases. I imagine for anyone that made a purchase of any kind during that time, they WILL NOT be included in the rollback. They will have to work those accounts individually. This is how they have done it in the past anyway.

So will it rollback the energy you've used between points A and B as well? Will I get to keep the gear shards I farmed for that one gear piece for Anakin back or will that gear piece just be lost in the ether and I have to farm the entire piece over again even though I was only 6 stun cuff pieces away this morning when I started?
  • Options
    I spent money because of the outcome. If they rollback, I want my money back.
    Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
  • Darth_Flaccid
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

u9a99hjnluw9.jpeg

Oops, didn’t remember seeing that I guess. Crud...

Edit: updated my original post to say, “Apparently it did say “1st time” on the shards. I didn’t pay close enough attention I guess. It was at 7AM CDT in my defense and before my first cup of coffee. My bad..”

Sorry about that lapse in memory.
  • westspeed
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    The fix should be to have 7* characters for these types of events like major characters with this level of difficulty should be 7* off the bat. The fix should be 7* for Malak and GAS and give those who spent on Malak and GAS their GET1 currency back. Did everyone forget all the other events we have had that give 7* without having to farm currency in different areas in the game. The GAS event just about pushed me out for good. I am a june 2016 player and have never seen the greed level raised this high until this year. If this doesn't go well for the community there is going to be many people leaving the game.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    PSUIVERSON wrote: »

I'm coming up on my 3 year anniversary and have spent a nice amount on this game (Used Car level) / i'm gone if they take this away and rollback.

If "taking away" something you got from an exploit and weren't entitled to receive is enough to make you quit the game, then you were basically out the door already and would have quit soon anyway.

Stop calling it an exploit.

It's an exploit now, since they confirmed it to be bugged and told everyone not to use it.

For the extremely small percentage of players who read the forums maybe, but the vast majority won't see that note unless they push it in game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    It's worse when they have their former game changers blasting out info to take advantage of this bug...

are you implying they somehow instructed their former gamechangers? haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options

So if everything is going to be rolled back, they should really just take down the game until it's fixed. At the very least, send a message out that nothing we do to our rosters right now is going to matter, so don't bother doing anything in the meantime (outside of "locked" events like TW, GAC, etc.).

No, no. They would rollback from point A to point B. Point B was hours ago. Anything you do now will not be affected.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    westspeed wrote: »
    The fix should be to have 7* characters for these types of events like major characters with this level of difficulty should be 7* off the bat. The fix should be 7* for Malak and GAS and give those who spent on Malak and GAS their GET1 currency back. Did everyone forget all the other events we have had that give 7* without having to farm currency in different areas in the game. The GAS event just about pushed me out for good. I am a june 2016 player and have never seen the greed level raised this high until this year. If this doesn't go well for the community there is going to be many people leaving the game.

I agree it should be 7 star from the start. But thats not what they did...