Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Honestly at this point as long as I get all the crystals I spent to get him to g12 back I'd be fine...if they just refund the gear that's now useless I would flag the cc purchases as invalid
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Everyone will be happy if they launch event again, everyone gets 150 shards + everyone gets GET refund in the summ they spent on Malak + they take back shard shop currency; that's the only option to please everyone affected by glitch

The fact that you started with "Everyone will be happy.. " should be the dead give away that that's NOT the course of action CG will be taking then. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TheRealNickEZ
    684 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    We flagged the team, but it is currently 3am there. It seems like a bug, but we wont hear anything about this for a few hours.
    kyno
    Why does CG release events in the middle of the night? Seems like it'd be in everyone's best interest to release them during morning work hours after they had their coffee so the can shut down or fix events like this that have problems.

Because this is a global game and events like this run on local time. There is no single time that would work for everyone.

Except they specifically said they were going to start running events when they were in the office....
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Everyone will be happy if they launch event again, everyone gets 150 shards + everyone gets GET refund in the summ they spent on Malak + they take back shard shop currency; that's the only option to please everyone affected by glitch

The fact that you started with "Everyone will be happy.. " should be the dead give away that that's NOT the course of action CG will be taking then. :D

Right, I missed that they won't be happy :D
  • Options
    I think whoever was in charge of this event shouldn't have a job anymore. I'm just saying this more then simple mistake. Like he or she made the mistake of all mistakes lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    We flagged the team, but it is currently 3am there. It seems like a bug, but we wont hear anything about this for a few hours.
    kyno
    Why does CG release events in the middle of the night? Seems like it'd be in everyone's best interest to release them during morning work hours after they had their coffee so the can shut down or fix events like this that have problems.

Because this is a global game and events like this run on local time. There is no single time that would work for everyone.

Except they specifically said they were going to start running events when they were in the office....

I believe they only stated that about new events.
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    RyuMac_81 wrote: »
    I think whoever was in charge of this event shouldn't have a job anymore. I'm just saying this more then simple mistake. Like he or she made the mistake of all mistakes lol
    Its actually a simple mistake that had a large reaction. Things like this can be quickly caught and fixed, but the issue this time around was that the event launched during midnight and there was no one in the officer to remediate this, which snowballed it into a much bigger deal
  • Options
    kyno

The point was that if the events start during CG's morning work hours, someone would've been on site to see this issue within the first 10 minutes and shut it down, instead of it being hours later. There was a point where they did try that for an event or two. Not sure why they didn't keep doing it.
  • Options
    Who's up for a field trip lmao
  • Options
    I love the “it’s not fair” posts. We who spent the GET have done better in many more events due to having him a 7 stars. Settle down and complain about the lack of marquees or something.
  • Options
    kyno

I believe they only stated that about new events.

Except they stopped doing it for whatever reason. Skywalker was a new event, but it started in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    RyuMac_81 wrote: »

Two theories:
    1) Something in the GSky event reset the counter for Malak because they are both Epic Confrontation type events. This is the most likely scenario.

2) My personal theory (with zero supporting evidence) is an employee deliberately did this as an act of civil disobedience.
  • Options
    And shenanigans. Title says it all. CG is acting like an 1800s traveling charlatan. Thought this was a real company? Unbelievable that there is no real response and action plan to remedy this.
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    xky8fc4c4pc5.gif

>me when CG let’s us keep 150 shards and everyone else wasn’t able to get it after the hotfix
    This post aged perfectly
  • Options
    Everyone knows that Malak was a 5* unlock and you had to horde months of GET to 7* him. Those that thought this was a "gift" obviously haven't been paying attention.

Imo they better reset all the new 6* & 7* Malaks from today or give everyone that had a 7* Malak yesterday their GET back. Those are the only 2 possible solutions that'll please the community as a whole.

I was 85/100. I'm fine with scenario A, but scenario B some get 57k GET back and I lose out on 52k GET.

Yeah, that wouldn't please me.

They'll reset things, I'm sure about that and it's probably the fairest thing. Still annoying, but fairer.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

Today, we had a bug occur where players that previously completed the Starforge Showdown event were able to receive the rewards of the event a second time. This was an unintended consequence of a recent change to the store system. Unfortunately, we cannot allow these shards to remain in system without undercutting GET and those who previously earned Malak without the bug.

What we’re going to do to correct our mistake is roll back any character star promotions and changes to the state Darth Malak was at 10/18/2019 12:01 AM PDT, for any players that received the extra shards. Any gear, relics, etc that was applied to Darth Malak will be returned to their inventory. We will be rolling back the affected Darth Malaks on 10/22/2019. On 10/21/2019 we will be removing Darth Malak from GET store to help get an accurate snapshot of the state of Darth Malaks with the extra shards. Darth Malak will return to the GET store on 10/22/2019.

Some players received extra shards that already owned Darth Malak at 7*. To reconcile this difference, we will be granting all players that owned Darth Malak at 7* on 10/18/2019 12:01 AM PDT, some Shard Shop Currency. Players that did not receive additional shards will receive 2250 Shard Shop Currency. Players that received only one tier of additional shards will receive 1125. Players that received two tiers of additional shards will not receive any additional currency.

Finally, all players will be receiving 250 crystals for this inconvenience. Once again, we apologize for this inconvenience and confusion around this issue. We’re investigating the processes we have in place to make sure this doesn’t happen again. We will be rescheduling the Starforge Showdown event shortly and will let players know when it will return.

See you on the holotables,

CG_TopHat

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/216281/darth-malak-reconciliation-plan#latest
  • Options
    This is bull. What about all the crystals I spent? I don't want useless gear back I want a refund.
  • Darth_Flaccid
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Kyno,

How about those that spent $$ when we thought the extra Malak shards was a way to catch people up or elevate the GET1 crunch? I spent that money with the expectation of using it on a newly 7* Malak. To sit on that gear for months when the original purpose of the purchase was removed retroactively is not great business. Everyone that spent $$ on this should get refunded. I am genuinely curious how this will be handled.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    The same post you are talking about says they are removing the shards.

How easy is it to individually undo things when some people already upgraded their Malak, and potentially upped his gear level? And what if they had him at 7* already, and just got a big stash of shard shop currency which is already spent? How easy is it to go through every account to reset such things?

CG takes “screenshots” of the game every day. So they resort to a “screenshot”, save point, system restore, etc. (Whatever you want to call it) they don’t/won’t need to do anything on an individual player basis. They just go “back into the future” and nothing ever happened... nobody ever beat the event.

Yes, but how easy is it to reset specific things only on accounts that replayed the event, and not reset the other non-glitch activities from that time? It took a long time for them to refund Sith Assassin’s gear after they made her arena irrelevant with the last second tack on Malak ability. And their first attempt at the rollback didn’t work. Lots of players were left out unintentionally so that they had to try again. Anyone who was left our made it known so it could be fixed. How many people who got free stuff will speak up so it can be taken away when CG screws up their first attempt at a fix?

The better example is when they accidentally gave out God mods. They rolled it back to the “screenshot” pretty easily... which they’ll do all over again... pretty easily with the only side affect being drama from the community. Maybe it takes a couple of days. The sith assassin solution obviously wasn’t as pressing of an issue.

Taking away mods is different than... removing some shard, demoting characters, pulling gear off of those characters, and refunding it if they are no longer capable of having that gear, removing some shard shop currency, removing gear that was purchased with that currency, and sorting out which currency and gear was gained legitimately so it can be separated from the gear and currency that was gained from the glitch.

But it’s not difficult to fix like you were saying it is... in fact it is quite easy and will take them one day to fix... two if you count Fri/Monday. Screenshots make the process pretty easy to be honest just like I said and just like they got done saying on their forum post.
  • Options
    Soooooo... what happens to the 6 dot mods I upgraded on Malak? He can’t equip them if he goes back down to 6*.
  • Options
    Honestly, this is stupid. Time to bring CG_Carrie back :D
  • Options

How easy is it to individually undo things when some people already upgraded their Malak, and potentially upped his gear level? And what if they had him at 7* already, and just got a big stash of shard shop currency which is already spent? How easy is it to go through every account to reset such things?

CG takes “screenshots” of the game every day. So they resort to a “screenshot”, save point, system restore, etc. (Whatever you want to call it) they don’t/won’t need to do anything on an individual player basis. They just go “back into the future” and nothing ever happened... nobody ever beat the event.

Yes, but how easy is it to reset specific things only on accounts that replayed the event, and not reset the other non-glitch activities from that time? It took a long time for them to refund Sith Assassin’s gear after they made her arena irrelevant with the last second tack on Malak ability. And their first attempt at the rollback didn’t work. Lots of players were left out unintentionally so that they had to try again. Anyone who was left our made it known so it could be fixed. How many people who got free stuff will speak up so it can be taken away when CG screws up their first attempt at a fix?

The better example is when they accidentally gave out God mods. They rolled it back to the “screenshot” pretty easily... which they’ll do all over again... pretty easily with the only side affect being drama from the community. Maybe it takes a couple of days. The sith assassin solution obviously wasn’t as pressing of an issue.

Taking away mods is different than... removing some shard, demoting characters, pulling gear off of those characters, and refunding it if they are no longer capable of having that gear, removing some shard shop currency, removing gear that was purchased with that currency, and sorting out which currency and gear was gained legitimately so it can be separated from the gear and currency that was gained from the glitch.

But it’s not difficult to fix like you were saying it is... in fact it is quite easy and will take them one day to fix... two if you count Fri/Monday. Screenshots make the process pretty easy to be honest just like I said and just like they got done saying on their forum post.

What they said is that they are giving out currency to everyone else because they can’t undo all of it. They can roll back parts of it, but it’s too much to sort out.
  • Options
    So, you guys made a mistake and going to correct the issue. If reading the time correctly it will occur in the start of TB. I sure hope this doesn't screw that up by people who may of placed the Malaks in Platoons or had already done their fights for TB.
  • Options
    I'm in the process of disputing every purchase that yielded crystals in the last 2 months. And filing a grievance with the BBB. This is unacceptable. Your mistake. Refund me the crystals spent
  • Options
    As someone who bought gear using crystals to gear my apparently "ill-gotten shards," will those crystals be refunded as well? This was an opportunity to make the community think more highly of you, and you've once again failed us. I'll continue to play, but will not be spending any more.
  • Options
    It hurts no one? Spending 60,000 GET currency only to have others get a Malak for free hurts no one? Then lead by example and sacrifice your next 60,000 GET tokens.

You got malak months sooner than you would otherwise. How's that any different than characters being in the shop and then later becoming farmable?

Because people actually paid real money. Also all that currency takes a long time to save up. It's not like Malak is a useless character. When characters are released and then are farmable later, they don't take gear and currency to farm besides energy which you get easily. CG never gives away free shards for any character, so why do you feel like you deserve a character for free that takes months of farming for.

Lots of events give out shards.
  • Options

What they said is that they are giving out currency to everyone else because they can’t undo all of it. They can roll back parts of it, but it’s too much to sort out.

Not really... they are taking a “screenshot” of everyone’s Mslak before the event & returning it to it... which is exactly what I said they would do. This means 100% of those who hot Malak shards won’t get Malak shards.

As for 2,000+ shard shop currency who cares? That’s nowhere close to game breaking. It’s like half a piece of gear lol. if it were game breaking they would have fixed that too. It’s just part of their “make good” along with 250 crystals.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I Spent 4k Crystals gearing my Malak and now you are giving 250 back?

CG you can just shove that crap down your throats.
  • Options
    I Spent 4k Crystals gearing my Malak and now you are giving 250 back?

CG you can just shove that crap down your throats.

Definitely get a 100% refund