32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Anyone had any purple discs pop up?

nope, about 1/3 into sector 3.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Future Vision disk popped up for me after Sector 3 Boss in hard. My alt hasn’t seen one yet in beginning of Sector 4 normal.
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    Options
    Just started Phase 3 and haven't seen one, but honestly I'm not sure there's a purple that would be worth losing 2-4 of my current discs. The one that synergizes with the "drop below 100% health" effects is really nice but only if you planned for it by grabbing up the discs it synergizes with.
  • DEATHER
    87 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @TVF

If you can find NS team, then LRevan or Piet can get 7+ marks per battle, otherwise is GG faster if you find right enemy team to trigger marked often.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    I use Jedi with revan, plus turn meter swap characters, and non damage characters, then constantly keep refilling JKR's TM. Can usually get 4-6 marks on each battle.
  • Options
    I'm stuck on the sector 4 boss Rey. I have no GL, Wat (I took a year off, I'll get him unlocked during the next TB), or JKL. I'm basically screwed right now lol
  • Ryconnan
    168 posts Member
    Options
    I xcivapkm0az2.png
    I have had 3 pop up but haven’t used any
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    DEATHER wrote: »
    TVF

If you can find NS team, then LRevan or Piet can get 7+ marks per battle, otherwise is GG faster if you find right enemy team to trigger marked often.

This is for alt without JKR. I know how to do it on main.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

I finished sector 4 and finally found massively overpowered.
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Acymetric wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    I was lucky enough to get a green Zealous Ambition disk in s1 (supports and healers get offense = +44% of their max health). My relic supports can pretty much one-shot any enemy. Echo is particularly nasty as I have him modded for max health for the Reek. At 57k, his offense goes up by 25k, making his grenade toss do 35k special damage. Add in the Offensive Buffs disk and 5s, and he can one-shot the entire enemy team in s4. Padme, GMY, and most of my troopers are similarly deadly. It's been fun playing this conquest because of the big shift in strategy that one disk has caused.

Only thing I miss about DCS is the ease at which some feats could be completed (esp the 700% TM one), but even the marked feat has been reworked so that GG and Piett marking allies counts, so that's not nearly as bad.

I am also really loving that disc too, I used it last time too.

Who did you use it with? Last time it only applied to healers.

barriss and jolee really crush things and it makes NS even better (g8 talia too) as my favorite "non used" characters/teams to add into the mix, as stamina gets low.

at the time I applied it thinking it applied to both, and just the wording was incorrect. so I thought it was going to be more generally effective, but still its a good disc.

I'm pretty sure it applies to both now, because after equipping it GMY, R2, and BB8 hit like a truck. Jolee still hits like a wet noodle though. That disc is definitely a huge help, but I'm still spending 2-4 attempts per node waiting for the RNG to take out the least useful toon so that I can 2* with the remaining 4. If I could pull one or the 5% offense when gaining a buff discs I could get away with dropping some of my other offensive discs in favor of defensive discs I suppose.

yes it does, and its great.

may want to check your moding, my Jolee is crushing people.

Something that I just realized after upgrading from a gray Vitality to a Green (I'm sure everyone else already knew this, but just in case): the health bonus to Vitality appears to apply *before* the damage boost from Zealous Ambition. Meaning (it would be awesome if someone else can confirm whether I'm correct) pairing the two gives you a boost to survivability AND a huge boost to damage output. I wish I had a good squad with a Support leader to further pair it with the boosts from Leader's resolve.
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    Options
    I was lucky enough to get a green Zealous Ambition disk in s1 (supports and healers get offense = +44% of their max health). My relic supports can pretty much one-shot any enemy. Echo is particularly nasty as I have him modded for max health for the Reek. At 57k, his offense goes up by 25k, making his grenade toss do 35k special damage. Add in the Offensive Buffs disk and 5s, and he can one-shot the entire enemy team in s4. Padme, GMY, and most of my troopers are similarly deadly. It's been fun playing this conquest because of the big shift in strategy that one disk has caused.

Only thing I miss about DCS is the ease at which some feats could be completed (esp the 700% TM one), but even the marked feat has been reworked so that GG and Piett marking allies counts, so that's not nearly as bad.

barriss and jolee really crush things and it makes NS even better (g8 talia too) as my favorite "non used" characters/teams to add into the mix, as stamina gets low.

at the time I applied it thinking it applied to both, and just the wording was incorrect. so I thought it was going to be more generally effective, but still its a good disc.

I'm pretty sure it applies to both now, because after equipping it GMY, R2, and BB8 hit like a truck. Jolee still hits like a wet noodle though. That disc is definitely a huge help, but I'm still spending 2-4 attempts per node waiting for the RNG to take out the least useful toon so that I can 2* with the remaining 4. If I could pull one or the 5% offense when gaining a buff discs I could get away with dropping some of my other offensive discs in favor of defensive discs I suppose.

Something that I just realized after upgrading from a gray Vitality to a Green (I'm sure everyone else already knew this, but just in case): the health bonus to Vitality appears to apply *before* the damage boost from Zealous Ambition. Meaning (it would be awesome if someone else can confirm whether I'm correct) pairing the two gives you a boost to survivability AND a huge boost to damage output. I wish I had a good squad with a Support leader to further pair it with the boosts from Leader's resolve.

Padme?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Maybe that's why I feel like my Jolee is crushing it.
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    Options
    khelzac wrote: »

Padme?

Soon, but not getting the job done at G9 I don't think 🤔. There are several good support leaders, I just don't have any of them Conquest viable yet.
  • Hortus
    628 posts Member
    Options

Got 2 after 1st and 2nd sector bosses. For a second I even thought that someone in CG turned from the gods of random and it's intentional, but...
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Getting rid of the cooling system was a good idea imo. The only thing I still don’t like is the cost to swap disks.

Disks are where the fun begins. Please don’t make me spend my reward to fully enjoy the game mode, because the optimizer in me won’t let me do it, so it’s just sad.

Yeah, I already whined about it, I know. Oh well.
    Post edited by Starslayer on
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Getting rid of the cooling system was a good idea imo. The only thing I still don’t like is the cost to swap disks.

Disks are where the fun begins. Please don’t make me spend my reward to fully enjoy the game mode, because the optimizer is me won’t let me do it, so it’s just sad.

Would you rather have fun or get CAT? You pick.

Lol I agree, I like the theorycrafting with disks, but I don’t do it because I don’t want to pay the cost.
  • Options
    I'm running into this ALOT this conquest. either the exact same enemies, or one different toon.s6c0q0h9z3cq.png

fymhl2iaffso.png

It's quite annoying.
  • Options

I got a booming voice but it costs 4 to equip and I have to equip 2 leaders resolve to even have a shot at 3 stars so that leaves only 6 remaining. Would LOVE to be able to swap discs for free...
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Disks are where the fun begins. Please don’t make me spend my reward to fully enjoy the game mode, because the optimizer is me won’t let me do it, so it’s just sad.

Would you rather have fun or get CAT? You pick.

Lol I agree, I like the theorycrafting with disks, but I don’t do it because I don’t want to pay the cost.

I mean right now the the answer appears to be "neither" soooooo....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Thorozar11 wrote: »

I got a booming voice but it costs 4 to equip and I have to equip 2 leaders resolve to even have a shot at 3 stars so that leaves only 6 remaining. Would LOVE to be able to swap discs for free...

This. There are many ways CG tries to "nickel and dime" players - but having to use the rewards from the actual event mode just stinks.

Sadly, my "theorycrafting" for discs in Conquest has been reduced to "first that add up to 12". Then build teams around those.

Which is sad, because disks was one of the few parts of the game mode that it new and different. But, nope.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    DEATHER wrote: »
    TVF

This is for alt without JKR. I know how to do it on main.

GG vs a GR squad works pretty well if your sep droids are geared high enough. GG will damage himself from Steadfast Retribution and start marking one of the other droids, and the mark seems to move around as the droids gain or lose health/prot. Main issue is actually winning the battle.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    the mark seems to move around as the droids gain or lose health/prot.

Whenever any character starts a turn, GG reapplies mark to the healthiest droid ally.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone have a comp that works for "take 15 turns before the enemy takes first" in the Padmé boss node?

Can't get anything to work. Gideon AoE TMR doesn't work to delay them.

Cheers!
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Anyone have a comp that works for "take 15 turns before the enemy takes first" in the Padmé boss node?

Cheers!

Vader/GMY + cooldown disc + time machine
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Also why is this the catch-all conquest thread now. @Kyno please rename to "Conquest 4".
  • DEATHER
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

Cheers!

Use Veers lead IT team, dont use Gideon TMR skill, Padme team is imunne to TM manipulation.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options
    khelzac wrote: »

Padme?

Soon, but not getting the job done at G9 I don't think 🤔. There are several good support leaders, I just don't have any of them Conquest viable yet.

Why not? Here's G8 Bad Batch taking down Sector 3 Hard Mode General Grievous though with different set of disks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWCFLsC3kDs
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    Options
    Got no purple disk the last one and this one also none. Please gi easier on the randomness next time.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @DEATHER

Thanks! My IT aren't geared enough yet, but Vader lead and a bunch of turn swapping supports got the job done!

Had to basic on Anakin with Vader's first move and then Fracture Kenobi. If you Force Crush you hit the box and Anakin gets mad, which is not what should happen.

sxr5m92gjv6d.png
This discussion has been closed.