[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    skyguy4645 wrote: »
    so now the clones vs slkr is nerfed ..... so what your saying is invest time and resources on toons at your own risk.... now go get cat and maul lmao how dumb would i be to spend another dollar on this game if we don't get what we pay for.... btw if you want cat and maul you need a gl lmao what a joke im done

Didn't nerf clones, but improved the AI

Fives + Bariss under Rex Lead should still work imo

Ummm... gonna need some proof for a claim this outlandish.
    How is it outlandish? The current comp works

SLKR AI vs 501st Clones + Bariss is unchanged

So no reason to assume it won't work anymore

SLKR will still basic the heck out of fives, nothing about this interaction is changed

The comp works against r8 SLKR currently, assuming r9 is very good for tanks, a r9 SLKR shouldn't come close to killing fives, and the counter will perform better in the future

As long as SLKR keeps spamming basic and stun special, your other 501st clones are safe to kill SLKR

“ Updated AI to no longer withhold Special 2 Ability and Ultimate Ability when Fives is present unless General Skywalker is the enemy leader.”

This means SLKR will use his AoE and ultimate whenever Fives is present and Skywalker is NOT the leader so I think Ragnarok is right... no more cheese on SLKR, not with Bariss and Rex lead in any way
  • Options
    Coran_Horn wrote: »

“ Updated AI to no longer withhold Special 2 Ability and Ultimate Ability when Fives is present unless General Skywalker is the enemy leader.”

This means SLKR will use his AoE and ultimate whenever Fives is present and Skywalker is NOT the leader so I think Ragnarok is right... no more cheese on SLKR, not with Bariss and Rex lead in any way

A move in the "correct" direction (not nerfing a non-GL but buffing the GL, here indirectly via the AI) but then more nerfs inbound...
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    so now the clones vs slkr is nerfed ..... so what your saying is invest time and resources on toons at your own risk.... now go get cat and maul lmao how dumb would i be to spend another dollar on this game if we don't get what we pay for.... btw if you want cat and maul you need a gl lmao what a joke im done

SLKR will still basic the heck out of fives, nothing about this interaction is changed

The comp works against r8 SLKR currently, assuming r9 is very good for tanks, a r9 SLKR shouldn't come close to killing fives, and the counter will perform better in the future

As long as SLKR keeps spamming basic and stun special, your other 501st clones are safe to kill SLKR

Oh I misread that

Ouch, this leads me to believe that JKR JKL might not work at all post nerf, and SLKR won't have any (?) non-GL counters anymore

This is extremely rough as a player
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Isn't it funny how Kyno first goaded us into giving a list of characters with "raid boss" exceptions and then those exact characters appeared on the updated chopping block? Don't trust that man, don't answer his questions. Let them do their own work, we don't need to make those horrible changes any easier for them.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Isn't it funny how Kyno first goaded us into giving a list of characters with "raid boss" exceptions and then those exact characters appeared on the updated chopping block? Don't trust that man, don't answer his questions. Let them do their own work, we don't need to make those horrible changes any easier for them.

I don’t think Kyno has that much power. These were well known counters that the dev team just needed more time to fix before announcing. That or they’re releasing this piecemeal so as not to cause too much of a firestorm at once.

Oh I misread that

Ouch, this leads me to believe that JKR JKL might not work at all post nerf, and SLKR won't have any (?) non-GL counters anymore

Now you’re thinking more like a player and less like a mod. Welcome sister!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

I don’t think Kyno has that much power. These were well known counters that the dev team just needed more time to fix before announcing. That or they’re releasing this piecemeal so as not to cause too much of a firestorm at once.

Oh I misread that

Now you’re thinking more like a player and less like a mod. Welcome sister!

It doesn't take much power to be a snitch. Kinda like that kid who reminds the teacher that he forgot to give homework.
  • Options
    The round table discussion must have been interesting!

Quick everyone, there's still some non GL Teams that will work against GL's, quick lets Nerf them and then thank the community later!

But don't worry, my Relic team of Tusken Shamen, Tusken Raider, CUP, Ugnaught and Mob Enforcer will save the day
    This is the Way
  • Options

Oh I misread that

Taking Ignore Defense away from Jedi's Will almost certainly killed the JKR+JKL counter. Would love to be proven wrong <crosses fingers>
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    These changes seems less about improving balance or anything like that.
    Its a way to kill the game by forcing away new or fairly new players and in the same time suck the last money of the whales.
    In one year there will be an message about the lack of a new players, some time after that they will turn of the servers and the game will cease to exist.

I played some similar games in the past and they had exactly this life arc, after some time the developers started to make changes that was hugely impopular to the big user base. Then they launched their new game and shortly after they either sold the game to a company they run the servers for a while or just shut them down.

I don’t like to be gloomy but this looks like the end of this game, it sure was fun as long as it lasted though.

This post has been made as long as I have been playing.

And the longer you play the more likely it is to happen.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Its a way to kill the game by forcing away new or fairly new players and in the same time suck the last money of the whales.
    In one year there will be an message about the lack of a new players, some time after that they will turn of the servers and the game will cease to exist.

I played some similar games in the past and they had exactly this life arc, after some time the developers started to make changes that was hugely impopular to the big user base. Then they launched their new game and shortly after they either sold the game to a company they run the servers for a while or just shut them down.

I don’t like to be gloomy but this looks like the end of this game, it sure was fun as long as it lasted though.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s definitely going to happen, irrespective of how long we play.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s definitely going to happen, irrespective of how long we play.

Of course everything comes to an end even this game.
    The way they treat entry level and mid level players right now makes me believe it’s sooner than later.
    I just cannot phantom how this change will encourage mid level players to keep playing or entry players to invest the time and effort.
    It’s also the lack of trust in the game developers. It’s like if in a soccer league if the wrong team wins they are rewarded with playing with no goalkeeper the rest of the season so the same team always wins.
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Options
    How about a nerf to cheaters?
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    @Nick_74 sry to say that, but your comment is just not correct.
    somebody who starts right now as a new player is way better than a longtime player.
    as a new player, you really know or can know what this game is about.

going for a GL? sure why not? SLKR toons can be starred to 7* before hitting lvl 85.
    sure, gearing is the main problem, but even that is not that hard - anymore.

so no. especially as a new player this game is interesting.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I did?

Players had a complaint. I asked for clarification, and relayed that information to the dev team. This is literally what I do many times over.

If it wasnt a complaint I wouldnt have asked for more details. So does this mean you are asking players to stop complaining?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I did?

Players had a complaint. I asked for clarification, and relayed that information to the dev team. This is literally what I do many times over.

If it wasnt a complaint I wouldnt have asked for more details. So does this mean you are asking players to stop complaining?

Nice mental gymnastics.
    You asked for a list of missed characters, got it, and, as you say yourself, relayed it to the devs. They added them to the nerf list. They could have done their digging themselves, we aren't here to correct their sloppy job. Especially when being sloppy leaves at least some hope for non-GL counters to GLs...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I did?

Nice mental gymnastics.
    You asked for a list of missed characters, got it, and, as you say yourself, relayed it to the devs. They added them to the nerf list. They could have done their digging themselves, we aren't here to correct their sloppy job. Especially when being sloppy leaves at least some hope for non-GL counters to GLs...

They didnt and still dont see them as an issue, they did it for consistency, as that was the complaint.

I am not the one doing mental gymnastics, I am literally telling you what happened, sorry you dont like reality.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I did?

Nice mental gymnastics.

They didnt and still dont see them as an issue, they did it for consistency, as that was the complaint.

I am not the one doing mental gymnastics, I am literally telling you what happened, sorry you dont like reality.

Hey, at least we can agree on something, I sure don't like the reality of what is going on with this game. Unfortunately, that doesn't make it any less real.
  • Options
    your game doesnt freeze? pretty sure thats universal

Nope, but I look after my devices. Not sure what effect that has, if any.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    your game doesnt freeze? pretty sure thats universal

Nope, but I look after my devices. Not sure what effect that has, if any.

I dont and am still running on a GS8+. I never have the issues, but not sure if you count keeping my open app count low as "looking after my device"
  • Options

I did?

Nice mental gymnastics.

Haha... that's an evil genie way of addressing the "complaint".

I don't think the new "raid boss/GL" changes are a big deal, and the consistency is better, imo. But the original complaint was that they changed anything, not that they didn't change everything. It was evidence, as best we can derive, that their primary goal was to kill GL counters. None of the abilities missed are that crucial to any counters I'm aware of.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I did?

Nice mental gymnastics.

Haha... that's an evil genie way of addressing the "complaint".

I don't think the new "raid boss/GL" changes are a big deal, and the consistency is better, imo. But the original complaint was that they changed anything, not that they didn't change everything. It was evidence, as best we can derive, that their primary goal was to kill GL counters. None of the abilities missed are that crucial to any counters I'm aware of.

Not to mention that this one "complaint" somehow requires immediate action while so many others get ignored. Yeah, definitely just what happens many times over...
  • Options
    I haven’t seen so many Nerf’s since I worked at Hasbro. Well done!!
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI

Padme and CAT can counter GLs

will this be nerfed now as well??

or are you waiting until everyone invests their time money and resources into CAT and r8 Padme b4 you nerf that counter too??

if there are no plans to nerf that counter, explain why some1 can play GC unlock CAT and take GLs out... why is that acceptable?

if there is a plan to nerf it tell us when we should expect it... so we can measure the ROI on CAT

my assumption like many others is this won't be nerfed until CG profits on CAT have stabilized then it will be nerfed.... please address these concerns with the Padme CAT counters. because I can't understand why 1 is acceptable but the others are not.... unless its for money... ty
  • Options
    Can you fix Scav Rey's forehead? :p
  • Options

It was evidence, as best we can derive, that their primary goal was to kill GL counters.

Not sure collecting these evidences was really needed. It's clearly established in the Road Ahead: They "want to shore up GL's spot at the top" and "Treat GL more like Raid Bosses". This decision is debatable, but they were not hiding anything. That's why I dont understand why they would lie about the "ignoring defense causes us trouble to develop characters" thing. 2 Womp Rats, 1 Shot.
  • Options
    Padme + CAT being nerfed when? As it stands that's the only non-GL counter you're allowing. In the name of consistency, I'd expect it to be nerfed.

And when is JML getting a buff? With these changes nuking his team's power, you've nerfed him too. Other GLs get a buff, JML gets kicked in the groin. Where's the line for getting his r8 materials back?
  • Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Can you fix Scav Rey's fivehead? :p

FTFY.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Larx wrote: »
    @Nick_74 sry to say that, but your comment is just not correct.
    somebody who starts right now as a new player is way better than a longtime player.
    as a new player, you really know or can know what this game is about.

going for a GL? sure why not? SLKR toons can be starred to 7* before hitting lvl 85.
    sure, gearing is the main problem, but even that is not that hard - anymore.

so no. especially as a new player this game is interesting.

If I was a new player and came across this RA thread I'd pack up and leave. It's pretty apparent what cg thinks regarding players time and investments.
    "So all these veteran players invested time and money into these toons just to have them all nerfed?"
    Yeah that just sells this game so well.
  • Options
    With these changes and now the new nerfs that have been added, I'm beginning to wonder if CG are just trying to compete with Blizzard for the most bad pr...
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    vzorf2d130p5.jpeg

Sometimes a meme needs no text