Precraft gear gap has only worsened as time goes on

Replies

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Even something like how they laid out raids would calm down the masses.
    We all want improvements to raids, GW and most importantly an adjustment to rewards/credits earned for lvl 80 players. I dread getting there (5000 xp left) and the ungodly amount of credit (packs) I will need to max out my roster.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Although dude, I will say, getting an extra Omega piece every day is sort of the best.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • JTJT
    34 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This game has becoming a bit of a bore trying to getting droid callers either fully crafted or salvages. So far I'm sitting at 18/50. I didn't precraft so seeing all the people in pvp that have either precrafted or are getting tons of salvages is at least good for them. For me personally, I'm starting to become really bored trying to "grind" gear that really is just based on RNG during raid/ spending tons of guild currency to purchase 50% of the salvages I need.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Now that would be nice. Didn't have the characters for the empire event but I do have plenty of maxed out females. Really looking forward to it.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    I feel you. I'm in the same boat and it's sinking.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Options
    It looks like many more players have 7*, g8+, max level toons than rebel toons. Would have preferred female event be the whale event, and rebel event be the easy event. But hey what can you do. Everyone should breeze through it given the advertised noob focus :)
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    I would have rather the event been tuned for max level as well.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Ya know...im so far behind...seems insurmountable...the gear wall...but idk more gear from events like imperal thing is good i think. How about randomly picking say 5gear pieces from raid reward list and letting player pick 2 from those 5? Amounts varying based on wether its salvage or completed piece?
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    djvita wrote: »
    He replied to a thread on NVidia Shield tablet yesterday.
    Hopefully we will get an answer tomorrow on the community update

Never mind, found it
    Post edited by Faroer on
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Has there always been a weekly update on Wednesdays? I was unaware. I wouldn't worry about a death spiral either way. Is your Girl-Power team ready? I'm excited for this next event, because I actually have heroes for it. :)

Maybe, just maybe, like what if, what if there are some higher gear pieces in the reward for this Female Hero event?!

Yes, weds and Friday's for months
  • Hewbler
    61 posts Member
    Options
    Got my first full one today from raid. Only another 15 or so to go :(
  • Options
    I think I've gotten 7 salvage pieces for droid callers and I've completed 20+ raids T5+. It is getting fairly ridiculous. It wouldn't be a big deal if there weren't so many people with several of them.

They need to focus down the raid rewards to have a chance at the coveted raid gear. Simming 100 battles for a few pieces of gear is already crazy, but entirely different than running 100+ raids for a small shot at getting some raid gear.

So yeah, I feel you.
  • Options
    I need level 3 and level 5 droid callers. I'm always running out of both.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    I still need mk5 furnaces for all my characters. If they don't do something soon to give us more ways to earn them, or vastly lower the crystal price when they appear in shipments.
  • Options
    I've done 24 raids and I have 20 droid caller salvage.. :| ..
    WHY LORD?!
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    33/50, 22 raids. Fives, QGJ, B2, Ben, Daka, Barris, Mace, SunFac and of course RG need them in my squad!
  • Grae
    2 posts Member
    Options
    I feel for guys at that high level gear point. That's ridiculous. I'm still pulling my hair out using up 200+ energy plus 120 x2 @ 50 shards reach daily trying unsuccessfully to get 5/5 of xx blue salvage.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    So far, 22 raids, one caller and one scanner.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    21 raids completed so far with 0 full drops, but managed to craft 1 Droid caller. Right now I need 5 more. It is not fun.
  • Options
    The droid caller situation is absolutely pathetic!!
  • Options
    I've done 20 raids (1 T4, 17 T5s, 2 T6). I have:

Furnace: 58/50
    Scanner: 46/50
    Design Tech: 38/50
    Droid Caller: 14/50

• Remorhaz
    149 posts Member
    Options
    The gear is the end game content. You aren't supposed to be gearing everyone you want. In other games you'd be stuck with fully geared 4 and 5 star toons doing some horrid grind for the sixth and seventh star.

• LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Remorhaz wrote: »
    The gear is the end game content. You aren't supposed to be gearing everyone you want. In other games you'd be stuck with fully geared 4 and 5 star toons doing some horrid grind for the sixth and seventh star.

Except precrafting put people ahead so all this "end game content" talk is nonsense. They either need to do something about the droid caller situation to close the gap or leave it broken long enough to lose players.
  • Options
    I'm so glad to see more people are posting about this. I've posted twice about it and both posts were deleted. I'm sorry but expecting to gear 1 toon a month is not acceptable.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    Remorhaz wrote: »

Except precrafting put people ahead so all this "end game content" talk is nonsense. They either need to do something about the droid caller situation to close the gap or leave it broken long enough to lose players.

This. Pre craft has rendered all talk of end game content rubbish. I maintain the only way to fix the problem is to remove all raid requirements for all current gear tiers and then open up gear tier 12 as the new raid only tier. Then the gap can start closing and the enormous advantage pre crafters have will eventually go away.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for later today. Devs please give us a fix.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Resist entitlement. We are who we let ourselves become.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    How is it entitlement to request that the devs find a way to fix a gear gap that they created when they allowed people to create what became raid gear before the raids were even released?
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    Another week of silence on the issue.
  • Options
    Asavanor wrote: »
    How is it entitlement to request that the devs find a way to fix a gear gap that they created when they allowed people to create what became raid gear before the raids were even released?

The gear gap is between people doing heroics and people doing T6, which is intended.

Precrafting is an excuse used by people not doing heroics. They think others in arena precrafted when most likely they didn't.