Community Update - 7/1/2016 - Comments ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev134567
EA_Jesse wrote: »
Greetings,

What happened this week?

Some additional notes:
  • We have looked at all of the reports surrounding Geonosian Spy and are doing some additional testing at the Game Studio. We’ll have additional details to share on this character next week once we’ve had some more time to deep dive into all of your feedback.
  • There are some players who did not receive their 800 Crystals back after they had purchased Scanners from Guild Shipments for 2205 Crystals. This was due to them purchasing them in the window when we were rolling out the change to the price, and also if their Shipments had not refreshed yet. We are looking at the best way to get these players their Crystals back if they fell into this category. We should have an answer on how we’re going to handle this on Tuesday next week.
  • We’re continuing to work on Teebo and stealth in general. There are some bugs that we are aware of and are working on a fix for them, but these require some client work which takes additional time to implement. Once we have the fix and a client update ready to go we’ll let the community know.

What’s coming next week?
On Monday, July 4, we will be launching the next Assault Battle. These events are aimed at near-max level players (>=75). You may have already played the initial one, "Military Might". This one will have the following criteria:
  • Unlocks at level 75
  • Two tiers
    • o Tier 1 is tuned for level 78+, G7+, this is the "hard" difficulty
    • o Tier 2 is tuned for level 81 (doable at 80), G9+, this is the "very hard" difficulty, unlocks when tier 1 is completed
  • Requires Empire or Droid characters. No star requirements.
  • Event Power: "Defend" - Gain 70% damage resistance for one turn and heal 15% of max hp.
  • First time complete is 1 million credits, 10 Ewok Elder & Scout shards, 5 Chirpa & Teebo shards.
  • Repeat completion will award ~50k credits, Ewok shards and salvage (similar to Military Might).
  • Achievement awards 10 Vader shards and 5000 ally coins. Complete tier 1 to earn the achievement.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Oh and I’ll just leave this here…

wavbdy4bi4lx.png

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50953/community-update-7-1-2016#latest

Replies

• Options
    Please keep all comments civil, on topic and within the rules of the Forum
  • Options
    New raid on the way!
  • Options
    Wth is the picture he left us with??
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Whoop de do! about your teaser.

You guys are seriously misjudging the impact on players of your "tweak."

You'll have a lot less players next week, after letting the GW change sit for a long weekend.

It's blatant and obvious its not for the reasons John cited, at least not in the way implied.
  • Jim17547
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Just released dev update 55...what is the picture of? Something that's coming?
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Twiztid8 wrote: »
    Hopefully a chinese puzzle box that is full of credits and DV shards
  • Options

@Twiztid8 It's gear. There are six spots and green "+" symbols in it.

And I'm pretty gutted he left out the main information: HOW LONG is the event gonna run?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Lol pretty sure it's a keycard
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Options
    looks like a new datapack
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Are they bringing back the keycard battles i've only heard stories and legends of since i joined after they were removed
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    I'll say this now. I am not ready for the July 4th assault. And that's fine. Ill see how far I can make it, do tweaks and see which chars need to be improved.
    Some things are not for everyone, I'm no whale; I focused on a bit of everything and Empire and Droids are 2nd tier to bottom of the barrel to me.
    Whomp whomp whomp
    I'm not gonna complain

but for GW even though I can complete yes, needs better rewards
  • Options

And I'm pretty gutted he left out the main information: HOW LONG is the event gonna run?

Previous assault event ran for 1 week right?
  • Options
    Keycard was essentially energy for credits. That's fine if they want to bring that back. I'd prefer they just increase the GW rewards and/or farming credits.
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    EDIT: Removed as this is off topic to the thread

Please keep comments on topic to OP in any given thread
    Post edited by JohnnySteelAlpha on
  • Options
    I looks to be the same shape as the data cards. Maybe there is a new one coming soon
  • Canisfenri
    33 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Looks more like a panel for gear, ship gear.
  • Taniwha
    120 posts Member
    Options
    How many attempts a day can you do for the new event? I think the last one was twice a day?
  • Jim17547
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Never heard of keycard battles
  • Options

Hmm idk how would that pertain to Gear? Not seeing the correlation. I can see that maybe it's a new raid out of the 6 they have planned? The lit up green "+" sign could show which one they've released and which one they will release? The symbols are each different, maybe symbolizing what sort of raid it is or perhaps pertaining to buffs/debuffs that help in the raid? Very interesting
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, I was thinking Data Card shape. Some mini-game maybe? Or perks card? :)

Can't wait to find out.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    7 dots per row, 6 rows, 6 additional freestanding spaces and 2 green lights. 7x6 + 6 + 2 = 50. 50 players per guild, Half Life 3 confirmed.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    It's still unclear what the rewards for the second tier of the Assault battle are.
  • Options

Hmm idk how would that pertain to Gear? Not seeing the correlation. I can see that maybe it's a new raid out of the 6 they have planned? The lit up green "+" sign could show which one they've released and which one they will release? The symbols are each different, maybe symbolizing what sort of raid it is or perhaps pertaining to buffs/debuffs that help in the raid? Very interesting

Every piece of gear has a different shape. And have you never looked at your character screen while gearing up? There are always six spots, and if you have the materials required there's a green plus sign on top of it.

Putting 1 and 1 together would mean it's a new datapack to purchase multiple gear "things" for crystals/money.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    The teaser image looks like the 6 gear slots, with 2 able to be equipped
  • Options
    I think it's pretty obvious that's the user interface for gear on ships
  • Options
    Looks like the same shape as a data card. Six spots, two of which are "active". All connected to the main circular spot with PCB traces. Possibly you earn a green plus for each assault you complete? Complete all 6 and open a mega data card thingy?
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Options
    I get that Jesse was going for mysterious and playful with the classic "I'll leave this here" bit. But does anyone else feel like it comes across more as "sorry we messed up all the aforementioned stuff, here let us distract you with this shiny object"?

Still excited to see what it is. Maybe that's the chip they are going to put in the GW table in the cantina to make it fun...
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    If Sticare_Courts_0073 is true I would expect it to be expensive, for higher gear levels.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like the same shape as a data card. Six spots, two of which are "active". All connected to the main circular spot with PCB traces. Possibly you earn a green plus for each assault you complete? Complete all 6 and open a mega data card thingy?

Very possible....
  • Options
    It looks exactly like a data card.

I expect maybe a craftable data card (it has plus signs like gear) that contains some sort of special reward.