Community Update - 7/1/2016 - Comments ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Maybe GW would be worth the trouble if it has DECENT rewards! for crying out loud tweak it all you want, it's the reward you should be looking over the MOST smh till it comes off lul :smiley:

'There's a lot of negativity floating around here, so I'm not going to reply to anyone specifically. What I will say is that the credit rewards for GW have been adjusted upwards, and that will go out with the next major patch. A full clear should net you around 150k more. (Not sure on the exact value, but that's close.)'

Just something that may interest you. This is taken from Reddit

Well almost everyone is interested so yeah, is this legit by any chance? or take it with a grain of salt?
  • Options
    Twiztid8 wrote: »
    Wth is the picture he left us with??

@Twiztid8 It's gear. There are six spots and green "+" symbols in it.

And I'm pretty gutted he left out the main information: HOW LONG is the event gonna run?

*sigh* a week, just as the empire thingy, y'all are so aggressive.
  • vilvlugt
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Asic wrote: »
    Could also be a way to use useless gear that can't be used for anything or sold.

Ay, that would be effin neat.
  • vilvlugt
    76 posts Member
    Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    This thread was merged? Pretty sure that can be a separate and new topic. Now it's discussion will be lost in the mess of GW complaints. Cheers. I tried.

I hope this whole game does not drown in complaints, bwoi oh bwoi, the negativity is strong in everyone.
  • vilvlugt
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Joruus wrote: »
    PotatoMan wrote: »
    MLGebra wrote: »
    No, only low level, low starred people liked it. I could auto it with my jedi 3rd team before the past few days. It was boring and didn't reward me for having a monster team, at all. Work on your team, use the forums to see who you should get, and stop crying.

Wrong and rude at the same time - double whammy! Hate to break it to you but the number of people that like this difficulty jump are by far in the minority. Are you saying 9/10 players on these forums are low level, low geared, crybabies who don't understand how to play the game? Cause that's what it looks like to me.

Yes. I haven't seen a single player from any leader board anywhere, on here crying. Period. Your strategy sucks, you need to get better, period. I am a F2P player, who has spent at most $40 on this game. Yet I have several characters almost maxed out, none at g11, and I still fly through GWs. Did two full ones today, in under 30 Minutes. It was actually fun, whereas it has been weak, not challenging, and pandered to the weak. That isn't the point. The post is to have certain parts you CANNOT beat. Again, participation trophies are -- to me.

Oh, so you ARE trolling. That makes much more sense...

No, just sad to see how many crybaby es, that don't want to work at actually achieving their goals, there are now in this world. I've been playing this game for months now, stacked my team, researched on here, and all of you want the game to be ten steps easier. It's freaking ridiculous. Go play angry birds if you want an easy game. This is a game in which you need to be in for the long hall. Go forbid anyone crying on here try Hearthstone... You'd be asking for new free cards and crying about losing your first matches. Saying the game is unfair and pushed towards veteran players. Well, every game should be.

Edit: language

+1
  • vilvlugt
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Gear shop confirmed lol

Yay, this was my idea yesterday
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Karfax wrote: »
    That's a starship gear panel. The starships table has been here since launch with the he hutt sitting at it. What with the celebration around the corner this would make perfect sense to release the starships expansion, with one of the raids being either the deathstar or the blockade over naboo. This can be seen in some state on the the raid page already.

Celebration around the corner?
  • DengarFever
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I just want them to fix Stormtrooper Han. I think they need to change his special to "Carbon Freeze". Activating this special would change Han into a block of carbonite. He would be impervious to any attack. The downside is that the cool down would take 3 years until Boushh Leia could unfreeze him.
  • Options
    My bet is its for ships. Either that or a crafting useless gear to make useful bits panel.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    I really hope it's not bad gear -> good gear. The ratio will be embarrassingly bad and then we'll just have another fiasco on our hands.
  • Options
    You tease...
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • ogFail
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Data card to unlock ships table? The two plus signs are for pilot and co-pilot?
  • KingOfLosing
    454 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I dont want to be able to auto the whole thing, that gets really boring and repetitive IMO. Also, great job devs on fixing GW

If anything needs to be tuned, the challenges need to be buffed. Whats the point of it being called challenge if it aint even a challenge. Again just more boring content for the player

Overall, the devs need to stop sucking up to the community and fix the game how it should be fixed. If the players dont like it well then too bad they can go find another game to play

Let the flame war begin
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    Dunno but I'm sure it'll be super expensive and totally not worth it

Definitely this.

+ true, great job on "fixing" GW but still leaving it on scale lvl60 rewards.

Keep up the good work.
  • Casual_Player
    639 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yeah, I was thinking Data Card shape. Some mini-game maybe? Or perks card? :)

Can't wait to find out.

so close to ability tree on KH games on nintendo ds(forgot the title)
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    I was watching the news and updates .. One more time EA making fools with us. They improved in the galactic war? Where? I'm looking so far..
    Why increased the value of the crystals? Well I can only say that: "I will not put any more penny in the game, I'm sorry".
    When you (EA) will make a real improvement in this game? When you will give utility to ally points ???
    And because we still have some gear useless? for example: Mk 8 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars...
    There's more, but will get to the next one.
    Thank you.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    I'm finding it hard to look forward to anything new in the game due to the last 20 consecutive disappointments. Whatever the new data card image is will cost money, or will be governed by an unforgiving RNG, and will further gate progression / cause frustration.

That's all we get these days. All take and no give.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse

First time complete is 1 million credits, 10 Ewok Elder & Scout shards, 5 Chirpa & Teebo shards.
    Repeat completion will award ~50k credits, Ewok shards and salvage (similar to Military Might).
    Achievement awards 10 Vader shards and 5000 ally coins. Complete tier 1 to earn the achievement.

Can you please clarify if there is any reward difference between tiers? By the sounds of it, you get the same rewards regardless of which tier you complete, giving no incentive to continue farming empire/droid heroes once you are able to complete tier 1?
  • senkoujin
    187 posts Member
    Options
    The image of the data card is likely not for gear because gear could already be obtained through Bronzium Packs, and I certainly don't see them adding Raid gear into Bronzium Packs anytime soon....it's enough that purple gear NEVER seems to come out of Bronzium pulls.

Ship Battles...highly doubt it; such an update requires work with the client, and the announcement would have been quite official. I'd say it probably has something to do with R2-D2.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    Purple Gear data card, 800 crystals for one, 9/10 times its gear from challenges, but they still technically offer raid gear.

Awards one piece of gear with a 10% chance for x5 rewards.

Watch it happen.
    Watch.
  • Options
    They need to RE-TWEAK the GW so that I am not facing 4 top 5 teams in Nodes 9-12 taking 2+hours to actually defeat it, IF I am able to defeat it.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    So you guys release a new aurodium character, watch people drop hundreds to max him out and use him, and then finally decide that maybe you should test him yourself? I can't say I'm surprised..

Better than Tusken Shaman who worked fine for 3 weeks then the update made all his multipliers 4 at seven stars like a five star toon and no decency to give us a timeline to fix him. He actually worked a few weeks and we bought him based on that. He has been broken 3x longer than he worked. Cruel @EA_Jesse and @CG_JohnSalera #tuskenlivesmatter
  • Nahtad
    1 posts Member
    Options
    It might be a new space ship mode.
    The slots might be ware you invert characters.
    The cross shape could be a medical bay or an engineer, the arrow on the top right could be a pilot, the triangle or the square could be shield generators and the others might be crew.

This is what I think the picture might represent.
  • Options
    Too much time is being wasted on the bait and switch picture that was posted, and not enough on the actuall issues at hand here without answer. GW has become almost unbeatable.

There are achievements that require GW wins that are already a long term grind. Now making GW take 3-4 times as long as before due to difficulty spike. When a Node 10 or 11 squad can literally wipe your entire roster, team composition is irrelevant.
  • Talia
    180 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have time to read all the posts, sorry, but I think that this scheme will show your progress in the process, to the extent, as you will perform tasks in the event. Imo
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings,

What happened this week?

Some additional notes:
    • We have looked at all of the reports surrounding Geonosian Spy and are doing some additional testing at the Game Studio. We’ll have additional details to share on this character next week once we’ve had some more time to deep dive into all of your feedback.
    • There are some players who did not receive their 800 Crystals back after they had purchased Scanners from Guild Shipments for 2205 Crystals. This was due to them purchasing them in the window when we were rolling out the change to the price, and also if their Shipments had not refreshed yet. We are looking at the best way to get these players their Crystals back if they fell into this category. We should have an answer on how we’re going to handle this on Tuesday next week.
    • We’re continuing to work on Teebo and stealth in general. There are some bugs that we are aware of and are working on a fix for them, but these require some client work which takes additional time to implement. Once we have the fix and a client update ready to go we’ll let the community know.

What’s coming next week?
    On Monday, July 4, we will be launching the next Assault Battle. These events are aimed at near-max level players (>=75). You may have already played the initial one, "Military Might". This one will have the following criteria:
    • Unlocks at level 75
    • Two tiers
      • o Tier 1 is tuned for level 78+, G7+, this is the "hard" difficulty
      • o Tier 2 is tuned for level 81 (doable at 80), G9+, this is the "very hard" difficulty, unlocks when tier 1 is completed
    • Requires Empire or Droid characters. No star requirements.
    • Event Power: "Defend" - Gain 70% damage resistance for one turn and heal 15% of max hp.
    • First time complete is 1 million credits, 10 Ewok Elder & Scout shards, 5 Chirpa & Teebo shards.
    • Repeat completion will award ~50k credits, Ewok shards and salvage (similar to Military Might).
    • Achievement awards 10 Vader shards and 5000 ally coins. Complete tier 1 to earn the achievement.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Oh and I’ll just leave this here…

wavbdy4bi4lx.png

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50953/community-update-7-1-2016#latest

Geared for lvl 81? That's such a dumb thing to say even if you put parentheses afterward that it can be completed if lvl 80. Lvl 80 is the MAX so you shouldn't have difficulty level above that. It makes no sense.
  • Options
    KelEl85 wrote: »
    I get that Jesse was going for mysterious and playful with the classic "I'll leave this here" bit. But does anyone else feel like it comes across more as "sorry we messed up all the aforementioned stuff, here let us distract you with this shiny object"?

Still excited to see what it is. Maybe that's the chip they are going to put in the GW table in the cantina to make it fun...

Definitely still not excited about it, but completely agree that it's a shiny object distraction from their continuous terrible "tweaking"