Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    The six player stages of Galactic War
    1. Noob. Finally unlocked GW! I can't beat it yet, but that's not a surprise. I'll build up my roster so I can.
    2. Elation. I beat GW! This is great, sooo many credits! I'm rich!
    3. Arrogance. What are all these noobs crying about? I beat it all the time, it's not that hard. LTP for crying out loud.
    4. Outrage. What happened? I lost?! This is impossible! Nobody could beat a gauntlet like this! So overpowered. Imma quit soon, this is bogus.
    5. Emergence. I don't believe it, I won. I may not win again, but today was a good day.
    6. Acceptance. Maybe GW isn't so broken after all, or maybe it is. It's beatable. And what is up with these easy nodes? I don't know, it doesn't matter. I still need 30 million credits for mods.

Or, if you run droids (I hear) it's more like this
    1. Surprise. That was easier than I thought it would be.

Friendly reminder. You guys are in stage 4.

Except that even when I beat all 12 nodes ... it was still all a big ball of frustration and not at all fun or engaging. So I never experience stage 5. There's never any elation. It's just a giant bag of garbage that sucks to grind through.

That's stage 5: Emergence. If you won, you had a good day. Better than losing, amirite? Are you saying you've been stuck in the Outrage phase ever since you unlocked GW? ****, that's rough. I don't know how you do it.

That's what I've been trying to say now for 121 pages. The way GW is currently tuned, it's frustrating to such an extreme that even when successful, it isn't worth it. There's no feeling of elation or accomplishment. It's just "well, that was the worst hour+ I've had today".

I'm happy for you that you get creampuff GWs and don't have to experience this garbage that a majority of the rest of us are going through, but don't assume to know me. My path went more like: frustration, outage, apathy, auto-through simply to avoid the unnecessary stress.

But, you know, keep making your snarky comments (despite however you want to justify or deny it, that's what you're doing).

I find it interesting that those frustrated with GW are voicing complaints against GW, and those in support of GW are flinging insults and attacks at the people who are frustrated.
    The six player stages of Galactic War
    1. Noob. Finally unlocked GW! I can't beat it yet, but that's not a surprise. I'll build up my roster so I can.
    2. Elation. I beat GW! This is great, sooo many credits! I'm rich!
    3. Arrogance. What are all these noobs crying about? I beat it all the time, it's not that hard. LTP for crying out loud.
    4. Outrage. What happened? I lost?! This is impossible! Nobody could beat a gauntlet like this! So overpowered. Imma quit soon, this is bogus.
    5. Emergence. I don't believe it, I won. I may not win again, but today was a good day.
    6. Acceptance. Maybe GW isn't so broken after all, or maybe it is. It's beatable. And what is up with these easy nodes? I don't know, it doesn't matter. I still need 30 million credits for mods.

Or, if you run droids (I hear) it's more like this
    1. Surprise. That was easier than I thought it would be.

Friendly reminder. You guys are in stage 4.

Except that even when I beat all 12 nodes ... it was still all a big ball of frustration and not at all fun or engaging. So I never experience stage 5. There's never any elation. It's just a giant bag of garbage that sucks to grind through.

That's stage 5: Emergence. If you won, you had a good day. Better than losing, amirite? Are you saying you've been stuck in the Outrage phase ever since you unlocked GW? ****, that's rough. I don't know how you do it.

That's what I've been trying to say now for 121 pages. The way GW is currently tuned, it's frustrating to such an extreme that even when successful, it isn't worth it. There's no feeling of elation or accomplishment. It's just "well, that was the worst hour+ I've had today".

I'm happy for you that you get creampuff GWs and don't have to experience this garbage that a majority of the rest of us are going through, but don't assume to know me. My path went more like: frustration, outage, apathy, auto-through simply to avoid the unnecessary stress.

But, you know, keep making your snarky comments (despite however you want to justify or deny it, that's what you're doing).

I find it interesting that those frustrated with GW are voicing complaints against GW, and those in support of GW are flinging insults and attacks at the people who are frustrated.

+1 I agree as you will notice it is always the same 6-10 commenters that Love GW and 3,000 + that hate it. Today I finally made it to a node 12 its a Phasma lead, Vader, Savage, Kylo and QGJ all lvl 80 gear 8-9 my highest toon is lvl 73 I don't stand a chance sad thing is I am happy with actually making it too node 12.

I give up with you guys. Nowhere have I said anything about me getting creampuff GWs or even loving the game mode. Go ahead, hate me for trying to find the good in a frustrating situation. Yes, GW is hard; it's hard for me too. I'm no whale and have to work at it. I **** near quit because of bashing my head against the GW wall. You think I haven't had my butt handed to me on numerous occasions by uber-power meta teams? Think again. But I didn't quit. I still enjoy the game, so I keep at it. If you're so full of anger and hate that you can't take my "stages of GW" post for what it is, an attempt to create some levity and provide a bit of perspective for what we've all been through, to let you know that expanding your roster and improving their abilities will eventually pay off, but when it does you will be bruised, battered, and torn in spirit, then there is no help for you. No, I don't know you, and thank God for that, I don't want to. If you simply can't stand playing the game, if you've never enjoyed it for one day, then why are you playing? That either makes you a masochist or a troll just trying to goad people. Either way, I'll just add you to the list of people who can't have a civil conversation. Flame on.
  • Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    Griner_01 wrote: »
    I would like to see them make GW similar to most of the other modes in that it could be run more than once a day. This would significantly reduce the 'credit crisis' and reward players that complete the first run. Have the second run cost (x) crystals and a completed first run.

**** that's a NICE idea man! Honestly, you should post it somewhere the devs would look. After a 3k post thread, you know it's not here. But serious, nice idea.

+1 50gems first refresh, 100 next, 200 after that, all the way till 1600.
  • Options
    Today's GW was insane. Normally I catch a break on node 7,8, and 10. Today it started on node 6 and went non-stop worse and worse. Arrived at node 12 with no protection, no teams B, C and D, including droids. I was facing JKA(l), QGJ, RG, SF and Chewie. Three(!) taunting tanks and two powerful dps. Naturally 80, mods, omegas, g11. Basically, if I don't get them with team A (also already worn out), the rest of the roster can only tickle them, hoping they die out laughing. It took me like 10-15 attempts to find a miracle combo.
    And yes, my more advanced guildmates enjoy green team here. I'm 37K and I can't catch a break.
    #WAI
  • Options
    Would be it be possible to see the entire roster of opponents instead of just the next one? Just like we see in Arena? That would help with planning tremendously - including the path of "scr3w that, I'm not doing it today"...
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Would be it be possible to see the entire roster of opponents instead of just the next one? Just like we see in Arena? That would help with planning tremendously - including the path of "scr3w that, I'm not doing it today"...

I like that idea but honestly I get most of my credits from GW so I just sacrifice my weak members against tough teams to soften them up for the A and B teams so knowing who I have coming immediately is more important than who I know is coming up 5 or 10 nodes later.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »

I like that idea but honestly I get most of my credits from GW so I just sacrifice my weak members against tough teams to soften them up for the A and B teams so knowing who I have coming immediately is more important than who I know is coming up 5 or 10 nodes later.

My immediate concern is "what is the team AFTER next". It's one thing to know you can recharge your batteries, and henceforth maybe do not use a suicide squad at this point, and quite another if you know you need your full strength at the end - in which case using a non-restorable resource such as suicide squad can be the way to go.
  • Options
    ok this new gw is the most usless thing what they have done. i mean its ok to make it more difficult but honestly from solving 11 fightins in average befor the update to solving 7 fights in average after the update is a bit pity. thats not a bit more difficult its impossible to farm something there. this fuking company make this **** only because they want to earn money so they say hey lets give them mods to make it more powerful for the money player and the rest have to be money player or they cant do anything. you all can say whatever u want because u all know i am right. i didnt pay something much in this game only my normal amount because i liked the game. everything what i have i earned because of patient and efforts so i got my arena team on 39k. i was really glad that i was getting that strong and could play against some good and raise in the arena under the best 50. yeah i am still there but the gw is in the meanwhile more then impossible. in fight 6 i get in the meanwhile a team which would be under the best 20 in the arena and what should i say its fight 6. fight 9 and fight 12 i dont weant to know anymore. i think fight 9will bet the first rank easily and fight 12 maybe do the raid alone. is this really this what ea wants. pushing all those usless non payers away. if yes then go on like that and you will reach your target. if they go on with this kind of updates then this game will be closed till the end of the year. congratulation for destroying this game good job
  • Options
    I waited a very long time before complaining about the Galactic War re-work. But it has gotten to the point of ridiculous. I understand it being made tougher, but impossible I was not expecting.

I have not been able to beat galactic war but maybe one time since the change. Ever since I was lvl 75 I have been getting fully geared and modded out lvl 80 opponents. By the time I get to the 6th node, is when it gets very hard. From that point on. And to node 12 being impossible.

Today I got to node 12 with a full but weakened team. I retreated and retried several times.

It was a fully geared and modded rey, leia,ackbar, qgj and of course royal guard.

It's not to end with a team so tough when our units are essentially getting weaker as we go along.
  • Options
    I'm pretty **** annoyed with GW these days. I'm a 36k player with zero mods (because I'm still using Cantina for building my collection to do the special events). My node 12 yesterday was 2 tier 12s and 3 tier 11s, all omega, all mod 5, with a total score over 42,000. Their Chewie alone had a score of 8992. I got to this node 12 with just about my entire collection intact (after 2 hours of painstaking gameplay) and I threw my entire collection at this node and wasn't even able to remove the protection from one character.

As such, the 2 main issues I see with these impossible nodes are as follows:
    1) The gaming match-up system is clearly not using mods in their factoring of total team power. If they were, this 42k team would have been closer to 47k team. How is that a match-up in any way, shape or form? These node 12 teams have higher overall score than the #1 arena squads on my shard.

2) The devs seem to forget that we're getting to node 12 with no protection left. So not only are we facing teams that are realistically 30% tougher than us, they have 3 times the total health/protection that we do. How is that a match-up in any way, shape or form?

And it's not just lower level or F2P players that have issues. One of my guildmates is a P2W and has over 30 maxed out characters, Grievous, Rex, 6* Vader at T10, etc. And he hasn't finished GW once since the change was made. The only thing I can conclude from this is that the people in this thread that find it easier are simply not getting the same GW experience that the rest of us are.

Because if someone with 30 maxed characters can't finish it, then it's not him its GW. And if someone with half that amount of maxed players can finish it, then it's not the problem of other players who can't finish it, it's GW. There's a broken aspect to it. An inconsistency. Something they can't identify, which is why they've maintained radio silence for the entirety of this 121 page and 3600 comments that have been viewed over 114,000 times.

And the bottom line for me here is that even if I COULD finish the current version of GW, I would still be upset because it's 2 hours of the most frustrating part of my day just getting to node 12. Isn't a game supposed to be fun? I'd rather see rewards reduced and GW turned into a cakewalk so I could at least use my ENTIRE squad, just for fun. Instead I'm stuck using my same top 10 players that I use in Arena and Raid. If I don't, then I don't stand a chance. The result is a boring, bland, repetitive playing experience that doesn't intersect with fun or variety in any way, shape or form. And that sounds a deathknell for this game, as far as I'm concerned. Phone games that produce nothing but boredom and anger don't last long.
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Options
    Because of Galactic War, this game is starting to feel like walking into a Wal-Mart and having to physically fight every single customer in the store just to get up to the checkout, only to be told that the machines are down and I'll have to try again tomorrow.
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Mc7
    34 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Here is how GW is "working as intended." The First two set of pictures are what Someone with a squad power of 33K faced today, btw, the second opponent's toons on that picture all have 5* health at level 15, and the last two pictures are for a player with a squad power of 39K. Since AI cannot calculate 120% above 39k it assigns random toons for nodes 11 and 12--which turns GW into a Joke.

Now EA and EA Jesse please tell me this is working as intended?

Edit: Please share these widely so that they Fix this problem ASAP.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

upload a picture
    Post edited by Mc7 on
  • Options
    Woooooo love me some galactic war!! 3600 comments, Jesus. Must be people coming in and telling everyone how much they love this game mode.

Hahahahhahahahaha that's probably what the devs are thinking.. "Wow, ppl really love GW, look at this 3.6k thread... They're all obviously satisfied with it, let's keep it this way!"
  • Options
    I'm pretty **** annoyed with GW these days. I'm a 36k player with zero mods (because I'm still using Cantina for building my collection to do the special events). My node 12 yesterday was 2 tier 12s and 3 tier 11s, all omega, all mod 5, with a total score over 42,000. Their Chewie alone had a score of 8992. I got to this node 12 with just about my entire collection intact (after 2 hours of painstaking gameplay) and I threw my entire collection at this node and wasn't even able to remove the protection from one character.

As such, the 2 main issues I see with these impossible nodes are as follows:
    1) The gaming match-up system is clearly not using mods in their factoring of total team power. If they were, this 42k team would have been closer to 47k team. How is that a match-up in any way, shape or form? These node 12 teams have higher overall score than the #1 arena squads on my shard.

2) The devs seem to forget that we're getting to node 12 with no protection left. So not only are we facing teams that are realistically 30% tougher than us, they have 3 times the total health/protection that we do. How is that a match-up in any way, shape or form?

And it's not just lower level or F2P players that have issues. One of my guildmates is a P2W and has over 30 maxed out characters, Grievous, Rex, 6* Vader at T10, etc. And he hasn't finished GW once since the change was made. The only thing I can conclude from this is that the people in this thread that find it easier are simply not getting the same GW experience that the rest of us are.

Because if someone with 30 maxed characters can't finish it, then it's not him its GW. And if someone with half that amount of maxed players can finish it, then it's not the problem of other players who can't finish it, it's GW. There's a broken aspect to it. An inconsistency. Something they can't identify, which is why they've maintained radio silence for the entirety of this 121 page and 3600 comments that have been viewed over 114,000 times.

And the bottom line for me here is that even if I COULD finish the current version of GW, I would still be upset because it's 2 hours of the most frustrating part of my day just getting to node 12. Isn't a game supposed to be fun? I'd rather see rewards reduced and GW turned into a cakewalk so I could at least use my ENTIRE squad, just for fun. Instead I'm stuck using my same top 10 players that I use in Arena and Raid. If I don't, then I don't stand a chance. The result is a boring, bland, repetitive playing experience that doesn't intersect with fun or variety in any way, shape or form. And that sounds a deathknell for this game, as far as I'm concerned. Phone games that produce nothing but boredom and anger don't last long.

Well said again, Ambassador!
    My node 12 today was way more powerful than supposed 120% of my arena or top 5, whatever they use as a base.
    image.png
    I beat it, but I'm dreading tomorrow, just like I have been dreading GW every single day since the mods nerfing.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Because if someone with 30 maxed characters can't finish it
    Is this true? Or is it someone with 30 x 7 star toons?
  • Options
    I beat it sometimes, but I consider it a win if I get to node 9.

I bought Google cards to spend on this game, then mods came out...
    I'm so glad I didn't spend them. F2P all day!

I figure when I get to level 80 I will declare myself having beaten the game. ;)

It's all how you view your game play. I know when people try to force me to pay to compete, I get ticked off, and this game was a lot more fun when it wasted less of my time.

I also really dislike that the first five nodes are just there to **** you around and waste your time with minimal rewards but "yer a winner so you feel good now!"

Anyhoo, pointless rant over.
  • Options
    Fix this i havent won it in weeks.its unpassable for the characters i have
  • Options
    The Matchmaking for node 12 is ridiculously broken. I have faced the EXACT SAME OPPONENT AT NODE 12 FOR THREE DAYS IN A ROW. I understand that it should be challenging, but there's no prayer in hell of F2P player beating a whale's fully promoted/leveled/geared/modded God-Squad... and it's incredibly frustrating to see the exact same opponent over and over again.

Anakin(L) Power 8650
    QGJ Power 8616
    Chewie Power 9151
    Royal Guard Power 8648
    Sun Fac. Power 8513

NONE of the top ten Arena Squads on my server are even close this power... and a Squad with this power and synergy would EASILY stay in the top three.

GW used to be fun... then it became a chore... now it's just a frustrating grind.
  • Options
    just want to thank you for making GW so ridiculous that I've decided to stop playing it altogether. I've completed it 149 times but to even try for one more is not worth it. I'd rather enjoy life than repeat nodes over and over to find a way to win. I kept thinking well I can still occasionally win. Today or the first time node 6 was stronger than my best team. It wiped out my suicide squad, my b,a, and 3 of the d team. Pointless to go from there as the other 30 characters are level 50 gear 6. I'm going out to enjoy the day as the game is simply not enjoyable.

• Options
    @EA_Jesse Hello Jesse. Since EA prides themselves on excellent customer service, here is my daily GW report. Not going into details but here goes. Today for the first time in weeks I was able to beat node 11. I'm very sorry if that angers or saddens you. I can literraly picture EA employees rolling on the floor crying uncontrollably. It did take 20 tries and an hour of my valuable time. I know my time means nothing to EA. but whatever. anyways Jesse, how is my request to have node ten made 3x harder than it currently is? node 10 should only be passable MAYBE once every 1 or 2 months!

I AM NOT BEING SARCASTIC NOR IS THIS A JOKE POST. I REALLY REALLY FEEL NODE 10 IS WAY TO EASY. Fix it please.
  • Options
    How about you quit makes ng the nodes predetermined and apply RNG to battles.
  • Options
    Anyone run into a node 1 where AI has gotten infinite loop of 100% turn meter? Just happened to me, never got to attack AI just kept getting 100% TM until my team was dead. 1st time thats happened.
  • Options
    Briscoe_88 wrote: »
    The Matchmaking for node 12 is ridiculously broken. I have faced the EXACT SAME OPPONENT AT NODE 12 FOR THREE DAYS IN A ROW. I understand that it should be challenging, but there's no prayer in hell of F2P player beating a whale's fully promoted/leveled/geared/modded God-Squad... and it's incredibly frustrating to see the exact same opponent over and over again.

Anakin(L) Power 8650
    QGJ Power 8616
    Chewie Power 9151
    Royal Guard Power 8648
    Sun Fac. Power 8513

NONE of the top ten Arena Squads on my server are even close this power... and a Squad with this power and synergy would EASILY stay in the top three.

GW used to be fun... then it became a chore... now it's just a frustrating grind.

Increase the power of your top 5 toons abit more and you will stop seeing this team.

Sidenote: I think most people have problems with GW because of the heavy focus on 5 arena meta toons, which tends to be 'overpowered' ie power rating exceedingly high.

If your top 5 toons are like say droids, who are 'underpowered' then gw is a lot easier to get thru.

(over and underpowered in this context refers to how powerful a toon is in relation to its power rating. Droids are underpowered because they consistently 'punch above their weight class')

That said, I run 3 different accounts thru gw each day and complete each consistently. 2 totally ftp accounts than are level 75 and 73 respectively, and a fully decked level 80 account.

My level 80 accounts just ran thru gw with one team without losing all protection on any toons in under 30 mins btw. (it's running Wedge, Lando, two hans, Ani - which just pretty much blows thru any team in under 2 mins)
  • Options
    IMPROVEMENT SUGGESTION FOR GW: When > 20 toons have been killed and you are beyond node 8, you should be able to go first regardless of the other teams toons, abilities, gear, etc. it is not unusual to completely die on node 11 or 12. when the maxed out mega teams get to attack first vs. your 5th or 6th squad, you have no chance. no chance at all. once you've lost a significant number of toons and have advanced a certain # of nodes across the board, you should at least be able to go first. your squad likely won't have protection and you will be up against a maxed out, geared out team with full protection. it would at least give you a chance.
  • Options
    "GW is fine...blsh blah blah...I can run through it easy...blah blah blah...you just need to have farmed these exact characters, and only geared them this way...or built your roster up in this specific order...blah blah... blah"

GW is dumb.

The time/difficulty/reward ratio is not worth it, even with the "increased" credits.

There is nothing more deflating than spending all that time and energy to get to node 12 and run into a team you can literally throw your entire roster at and only kill 1 or 2 characters.

This is shouldn't be a f2p issue.

It isn't a l2p issue.

It is a balance issue.

Unless it really is "working as intended".

Then, it is intended to be dumb.

• Options
    Ugh, when do I get the mythical easy node 12?
  • Options
    Galactic War is a joke, EA is sitting back laughing at all the people who post their struggles with it. And then there are the trolls who try to make it seem like it's the players fault for not playing it right.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I also really dislike that the first five nodes are just there to **** you around and waste your time with minimal rewards but "yer a winner so you feel good now!"
    These 5 nodes are what makes winning the last one even possible. These are not a waste of time.
    there are the trolls who try to make it seem like it's the players fault for not playing it right.
    There are still players/complainers that can stand to improve their strategy. Not you, of course. You know everything. Just ignore these troll threads, because they help other people who don't know everything. If they come here and see only complaints, they might assume they have the same problem you do; that their GW is impossible, and that they're in good company. When in fact, this may not be true, at all.

• Fid
    121 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon any chance when GW is finally on the board for review you could pass along a suggestion?

Please make the enemies less repetitive.

It feels like I'm facing the same mix of 12-16 characters every day across every node, just with differing gear. Sure a new character or squad pops up in the early nodes now and again but considering the 90 characters that exist it seems like there could be a bit more daily variety. For the two weeks GW was in easy mode I got to see characters I hardly ever see, differing team makeups, and unusual combos pretty much every day, lol, it was great. Once it switched to its current implementation it became largely cookie cutter again, though marginally better than the near zero variance prior to the easy mode fix, and it seems to be getting worse with time.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Fid wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon any chance when GW is finally on the board for review you could pass along a suggestion?

Please make the enemies less repetitive.

It feels like I'm facing the same mix of 12-16 characters every day across every node, just with differing gear. Sure a new character or squad pops up in the early nodes now and again but considering the 90 characters that exist it seems like there could be a bit more daily variety. For the two weeks GW was in easy mode I got to see characters I hardly ever see, differing team makeups, and unusual combos pretty much every day, lol, it was great. Once it switched to its current implementation it became largely cookie cutter again, though marginally better than the near zero variance prior to the easy mode fix, and it seems to be getting worse with time.

*Repetition will be accepted in the case of Ugnaught, JC, any from Empire faction. Use at will
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    These 5 nodes are what makes winning the last one even possible. These are not a waste of time.
    there are the trolls who try to make it seem like it's the players fault for not playing it right.
    There are still players/complainers that can stand to improve their strategy. Not you, of course. You know everything. Just ignore these troll threads, because they help other people who don't know everything. If they come here and see only complaints, they might assume they have the same problem you do; that their GW is impossible, and that they're in good company. When in fact, this may not be true, at all.

Fully agreed with the first one, but there are some things to consider about the second one... Yes, some ppl aren't trolls, they're just trying to help the others with tips and smart ways they used to win GW... But yes, there are also the ones who can finish GW easily and either don't give a about the others who can't or just like to troll them saying they are all a bunch of whinners and stuff...

The real problem is ppl can't hear the tone of the post, so many times they'll get confused, thinking that ppl who can finish (like me) are just trolling them when saying how i did it or how some ppl should try, when its actually the opposite.

PS: IMO GW is broken indeed. Even though i can finish, i've seen the posts and prints and it's obviously bogus. The devs MUST fix it and also upgrade the rewards for it (hopefully but unlikely).
    Post edited by J0K3R on