The Ewok Event - (Comments\Questions) * Merged Threads)

Replies

• Options
    Starbuck wrote: »
    With any event, the developers should ensure there is a tier (3?) that provides a challenge to high level players. The rewards don't have to be high. We just enjoy being pushed by the game. Tiers I and 2 can remain for the newer players. This event was disappointing following the enjoyable challenge of the Empire event. Certanly something EA should consider for next time.

^^This
  • Options
    I'm ok with easy... for the uber hard, maybe give one ewok scout shard... I'm game for that. :)
  • Options
    Guibs wrote: »
    Whales are having it easy. I am not

My droid team is

HK lvl 80, 7* gear 8, omega
    IG88 lvl 80, 7*, gear 8,omega
    IG86, lvl 80, 7*, gear8,omega
    RG, lvl 80, 6*, gear 8
    B2, lvl 70, 4*' gear8

I get destroyed in tier 1. My B2 is not high enough and I really miss my jawa engineer which can't participate.

It's not a whale event. I'm 100% FTP and beat both tiers. The key is to be using empire characters rather than droids. EP makes this event much easier than last time

Do you really think that someone with arena grade droids should switch to weak imperial chars to finish the event?
    The event is easiest with droids for sure, but you need droids with a decent speed, because if they get killed before they go it's not going to be easy.
    At first combat on t1 you just need a ig-88 special to kill everyone.
    If you have slow imperial chars you are probably going to have the same troubles as the skull ewoks will hit you first and hit you very hard.
  • Options
    If you beat it today does it refresh and let you play again tomorrow or is it each tier once?
  • Options
    AsajjDooku wrote: »
    When I killed the Ewok Elder in Tier 2, the ewok warrior display was incorrect. He was laying down. 6f9cco59m2u7.png
    Same here, the warrior was lyong down.

It was funny

On a more difficulty relevent note it was a lot easier than I expected.
    Previous event was tuned too hard, this one was tuned too easy.

Something in between would be best.
  • Options
    ^Ahhh... so that's what the skull does? I never got hit by a skull, lol.
  • Options
    ok. Just did Tier 2. I died on Chirpa and would have one if everything didn't auto rez. I know now to save a AOE attack and a guy with full meter for right before you nix the elder.

The people saying you need a maxed droid team are out of their minds
  • Options
    easier than expected. Seems the harder tiers for all events so far have been beatable by teams of 28-29k power or so if anyone is looking for a bar to reach, id say no more than 30k power needed to be confident in getting the win
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    ^Ahhh... so that's what the skull does? I never got hit by a skull, lol.

Hits you very hard
  • Thoroku
    31 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'll have to wait until next time. A bit underleveled for it. I can get to the final stage fine, but the **** Ewok Elder gets to rez everyone every turn. Of course my highest is a 5*, lvl 70 G8 Palpatine, so it's not any surprise I can't beat it and the fact that I'm getting that far is is pretty hilarious.
  • Options
    Completed tier 2 with HK as lead, 88, 86, 5 star Vader, and rg. The only challenging phase was 8. Make sure that you have ALL AOE attacks fresh going into phase 8. Hit AOE first, kills harmful ewoks, then throw all you have at ewok elder. He'll revive an ewok scout at least once, kill it with a basic attack, then go back to hitting elder. Kill elder on a 86 special if able, then use AOE to kill all the ewoks he revived. Lastly, run through chirpa. Done.
    I am the Reaper
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_CapGaSP

There is issue with rewards in the 'new' highest tier. Some guild mates are getting the buffed higher first time rewards while others are not.

Both players had completed all tiers of this event previously months ago when the event was active so there is no reason for different rewards for first time completion.
    Post edited by Phipps on
  • Options
    Event very easy for my taste!
  • Options
    Please buff event difficulty and rewards!
  • Options
    this was a joke . seriously. tier 2 must be a mistake, its made for g7-g8 not g10.
    i don't think the ewoks even fired one shot.
    please raise difficulty (and rewards)
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I didn't get a scratch on either tier... even on tier 2, I 1-shot half the levels with an aoe. This is definitely not tuned correctly. I was expecting a challenge and what I got was a cakewalk I could have put on auto.
  • Options
    What event are you people playing??? I've never played anything more frustrating! Oh wait, yes I have, it was called Military Might. (And GW, can't forget that pig.) I mean, am I supposed to be going into the last encounter with half a toon left? This is a miserable joke! Give us something FUN to play for once!
  • Options
    It's not easy for all... Especially if you don't have EP.

My team is Vader 5*, RG 7*, Magma 7*, 86 7*, Tarkin 5*. All lvl 80 and gear 9 or 10, except for Tarkin (lvl 72). I've tried w Tarkin leading and Vader, and every time my team is killed in 2 rounds of stage 8. I can't even get the Elder down to 50% life. Last time Vader, RG, and Magma all still had full protection, and still were killed in 2 shots.

Very frustrating...
  • Options
    The event is very easy if you have the right lineup (aoe+speed) but otherwise it can be a real hassle.
    I think it's tuned fine, if you want a challenge because it was too easy, just change your roster and have all the fun you need ;)
  • Options
    Completed first try on both tiers with almost full protection at the end.
    Emperor(L)
    RG
    Tarkin
    Snowtrooper
    Darth Vader

Admittedly they are all maxed out and modded (Vader is only at 6*)
    This is the team I use to complete the entirety of GW quickly everyday with an arena team at 41500. I often end that with protection on some characters as well.

Snowtrooper's TM gain for any sustain fight is highly underrated.
  • Options
    It's not easy for all... Especially if you don't have EP
    This. I called it when the EP event came and went. We've been divided into two classes. And it comes down to who can buy their way through the game, and those are the ones they're catering to. Hope you can sleep at night, EA. You're nothing but a bunch of leeches.
  • Options
    This. I called it when the EP event came and went. We've been divided into two classes. And it comes down to who can buy their way through the game, and those are the ones they're catering to. Hope you can sleep at night, EA. You're nothing but a bunch of leeches.

Never spent a dime and have EP maxed. With that being said.. i still dont even have yoda unlocked. This game is about focusing your farming and knowing you cant have it all.
  • Options
    So you can auto both tiers with this squad:

Emperor 7*, g10, 80, 5* 15 mods
    Vader 6*, g9, 80, 5* 15 mods
    RG 7*, g8, 80, 5* 15 mods
    IG88 7*, g8, 80, 5* 15 mods
    IG100 7* g9, 80, 5* 12 mods

But let's be honest it took a long time to get this squad.
  • Options

I have an alt where I run droids and don't have EP: the event there was easy as pie. Droids simply swept everyone and kept going thanks to tm gain.

On my main instead I don't have droids but gathered a 6* EP. It was very difficult to complete the event there and I had to do some serious upgrading/gearing/modding there.

If you have no EP nor decent droids, the event is certainly still doable but you'll need to have some good toons to throw in there! Can't really think to just throw 5 randoms under developed toons and win it.
    If you haven't been playing for a long time, you can't think you are going to be able to finish every event, since a lot of different toons are required.

Never spent a dime and have EP maxed. With that being said.. i still dont even have yoda unlocked. This game is about focusing your farming and knowing you cant have it all.

Not everyone can have EP maxed as you'd need to be playing for a long time to have all kind of toons in your roster as a ftp
  • Options

Not true in the slightest... this event is easy if you have any modded team and and made sure they had a decent amount with speed secondaries. The ewoks are slow and weak. A ftp account should have no trouble unless your mods are garbage or don't have any in the first place... in which case don't complain.
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »

Not true in the slightest... this event is easy if you have any modded team and and made sure they had a decent amount with speed secondaries. The ewoks are slow and weak. A ftp account should have no trouble unless your mods are garbage or don't have any in the first place... in which case don't complain.

You still need the stars and the levels and the gears on the usable toons, it's not like everyone can have those.
  • Options
    This event was very hard for me last time and now with a fully maxed and modded Emperor it was cake on both tiers. I was worried about it being unbeatable.
  • Options
    You definitely need aoe guys. Beat both with emperor 6*g8 80,vader5*g9 80,rg7*g8 80, magma7*g8 72, tarken7*g8 77. Would leave the Droids at home cause you won't get any leader bonuses. Kill all scouts first they do the most damage. On 4th round don't kill the elders til you can kill both on one turn cause they can revive each other if one of them is gone. Last round is by far the hardest one. Can't debuff elder at all. Second tier especially difficult on this round. Good luck
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but can any of you devs please explain why Ewok elders have unlimited usage of their revive ability paired with their massive speed? This was a stupid problem the first time and obviously for a "challenge" chose not to make it FAIR and not let the AI use revive to get every scout back on the final round knocking out a full squad. Keep ruining the fun for those that don't waste their savings on the game
  • Options
    News flash..you DO NOT need EP to beat either tier. Not sure why some folks are suggesting that this is an EP or whale event. You can run it with F2P toons, yes I said F2P (not that EP isn't F2P, he is as long as you've built up the toons needed to get him). HK,88, 86, RG, and Vader (or magnatrooper) are all available to farm, and are pretty easy to do so. Just because you have not focused on building these toons up DOES NOT mean that this is a whale event.

I like the event, and I agree with those above who said tier 2 should be harder... OR make a tier 3 with MASSIVE rewards that is MASSIVELY difficult. Overall, very pleased with this event. Good job EA/CG!

P.S.
    Not yelling in post, just putting emphasis.
    I am the Reaper