GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm honor to fight the Best GW squad ever! Finally something worth my time! I haven't seen something like this before. Have anyone seen something like that? Unfortunately i can't beat this lol. I still have 22hours to beat it. I'm Lv66. I only have Sid, Dooku, Daka, Lumi, Five, Phasma, JC, Kylo, Taila left..

Poe , FOTP , QGJ, Obi-Wan, Lumi

jyxCrIz.png
    Xz8CP7J.png
  • Options
    Anyone notice this? I lost my top characters in some difficult battles (level 70, 7* whale teams), and then faced green/blue gear 3* heroes. Has never happened to me before. Will post screenshots shortly.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    They said they were going to continue working on matchmaking difficulty. It could be that there was a change. Or it could be that there wasn't lol. It's tough to really know since they often leave changes out of their notes.
  • Options
    Here's the photo evidence:

Battle 6 - OP team, but it ended fine.
    image.png

Battle 8 - Another OP team. This time I was trying to see if I could get by with losing only one or two heroes, and then RNG went against me and I got wiped out before I had the chance to retreat. I sent in my B team, which got partially wiped. By this point, 5 of my 8 7* characters had been wiped, as well as Barriss and a suicide squad. I was quite worried at this point.
    image.png

But I had nothing to fear because...
    image.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Options
    Looks like GW is going to be super easy now! Don't retreat to try to reset outcomes, just let your guys die, and your future battles will be easy!
  • Options
    Or if EA/CG is interested in more constructive feedback - it seems for me (sample size = 1), that things were a bit overtuned when I had my full roster, and quite undertuned when I lost most of my roster.
  • Options
    last war around middle of the war i was 47 and i faced a team in mid 60s with purple gear all around. obviously i stood no chance.

now this war i took a screenshot. not as bad but still ****? i am level 49 now.

http://imgur.com/pvmgs32

this is just ridiculous at this point.
  • Options
    Yeah I hear u. I've got a similar situation and there's nothing I can do, even with my top guys in. Hard to beat a team 11 levels higher.
  • Options
    "It's not a bug, it's a feature!" ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Wow mate, that is insane and I feel for you having to deal with that lunacy.

Anyone who sees that and tries to still say this is just random (or that it isn't an issue) and that there wasn't a stealth change sometime in the last week is a complete tool. NOBODY should be facing squads that are over 10 levels higher than they are and not even on the final battle at that. Give me a freaking break.

Good job to the dev team where they keep breaking things that weren't broken in the first place.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    It works well on average.
    I mean, some people face 60+ teams ST 50. I face lvl 55 teams and I'm 64. If you put your head in a furnace and your kegs in a fridge, you are warm on average.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Horrible? Broken? I couldn't be happier with them :p

2SAmemj.jpg

I'm lvl 60 with half of my team using purple gear.

Seriously though, the whole matchmaking system is a joke. I noticed that when I start a new GW around 4:30am (so soon after getting up for work), I usually end up with easier teams (as low as 47-48 and no higher than 63). If I start later in the day (during weekends), the enemy teams get a lot tougher (not lower than 54-55 and reaching 67-68 with 7*s and purples). But hey, it's just my imagination, the RNGods are not working against me in this game, right? RIGHT?!
  • Options
    It hasn't changed. Search the forum and you'll see these same threads popping up since November.

The dev on reddit stated that the GW factors in your highest achieved arena rank as well as the top power level of your best toons when doing matchmaking. So if you have been at or near rank 1 ever and have a pretty powerful (for your level) top-5 toons then you may encounter gaps like this.

They have mentioned on here as well as other places that GW was too easy previously so they obviously don't intend you to always finish it. Welcome to their GW 'enhancements'.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    The dev on reddit stated that the GW factors in your highest achieved arena rank as well as the top power level of your best toons when doing matchmaking. So if you have been at or near rank 1 ever and have a pretty powerful (for your level) top-5 toons then you may encounter gaps like this.
    I have been rsnk 2 twice and top 5 a lot of times, my gear is all purple and pretty sure my lvl 64 team is better than the 49 lvl team in the OP. And my matches are a walk in the park
  • Options
    Wow this game just jumped the shark. So I am on node #5 and I have retreated at least ten times. I am facing a much more powerful team than mine, and can not land a debuff to save my life yet their dooku has stuns, blocks and extra turns for days and their sid hits as many as 5/6 healing blocks. If this garbage continues I am going to uninstall and send a refund request to Google. It is complete hot garbage that they keep on finding these teams that are far superior to my top 100 arena squad day in and day out...and they keep showing up in the MIDDLE of my war. Getting far in GW is the only way a player in their 60s can keep up with credits to actually level someone and you just erased that, changing this gamd from skill based to insanity based.
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    It hasn't changed. Search the forum and you'll see these same threads popping up since November.

They have mentioned on here as well as other places that GW was too easy previously so they obviously don't intend you to always finish it. Welcome to their GW 'enhancements'.

Wow, that's awful. Do you think you could find that post again? I believe you, I just want to have the link for when this comes up.

Here's the problem. Historical arena ranking can be a poor indicator of current GW ability.

What if you take a break from the game? What if you focus on shards for characters you don't have, rather than powering up the ones you do? Meanwhile, your opponents are actually getting tougher.
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't understand the reason for factoring in Arena rank - that makes no sense. Top 5 characters? Absolutely - that's your "A" team. But as has been mentioned repeatedly, why does arena rank matter at all? Let alone "highest ever attained"?

So if you were on the server early and shot up to the top in arena, but backed off for a bit, you're basically toast in GW?

If anyone can think of an intelligent reason for using "top ever Arena ranking" in GW match placement, I'd love to hear it.

I realize it's to make people cough up $$$ to catch up/compete. I mean a non-greedy, rational reason.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Wow this game just jumped the shark. So I am on node #5 and I have retreated at least ten times. I am facing a much more powerful team than mine, and can not land a debuff to save my life yet their dooku has stuns, blocks and extra turns for days and their sid hits as many as 5/6 healing blocks. If this garbage continues I am going to uninstall and send a refund request to Google. It is complete hot garbage that they keep on finding these teams that are far superior to my top 100 arena squad day in and day out...and they keep showing up in the MIDDLE of my war. Getting far in GW is the only way a player in their 60s can keep up with credits to actually level someone and you just erased that, changing this gamd from skill based to insanity based.

Yep. GW used to be cool. Now it is rapidly making me want to just uninstall this mess and move on.
    Gotta love turn-based games where the other team gets the first 10 turns. Then you get 3 or 4 turns, and they get 8 or more in a row.
    Remember, this is "balanced" and if you don't like it, you're a "whiner".
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    5th day in a row facing a team with 4 7* on node 10. 5th day in a row out on node 10.

GW isn't entertaining, its not fun. It just makes me want to quit.
  • Options
    Phasma lead
    Lumi
    Jc
    Sid
    1 other of your choice, preferably a high dps ( i use a 4 star rey)

Ive completed GWs every day with those 5. Only had to throw in a suicide squad 2 or 3 times so far. Phasmas lead helps on giving a chance to lower healing cds for lumi and jc.

Jcs basic has a chance to reduce his cd by 1. If his heal is on cd, just spam his basic. Dont heal at the end of a fight unless lumis heal is ready or you absolutely have to... which your probably better off just to retreat and try again if its the later.

Sidious, i also suggest on putting him higher up on tje priority list. As his healing debuff last a long time if sticks. With 2 healers, its easier to heal around higher damage, instead of having sid debuff half your team.

How? This is basically my team and I NEVER complete GW.
  • Options
    Devs just recently clarified this on Reddit here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/432ybr/dont_reset_gw_at_rank1/

Relevant snippets:

Don't Reset GW at Rank1 by throwingawaythetv in SWGalaxyOfHeroes
    [–]im-not-really-a-jedi 1 point 4 hours ago
    Dropping ranks no longer helps you. We save your highest rank and we do some "maths" with that and with your 5 most powerful characters to determine where you will stand in GW.

Don't Reset GW at Rank1 by throwingawaythetv in SWGalaxyOfHeroes
    [–]im-not-really-a-jedi 1 point 3 hours ago
    This was always the design, there was a problem that was preventing that from happening for a while and that was fixed a little while back. The intent never changed :)
    Highest rank, ever.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Well I'm glad are now making GW be closer to their "design intent".
    The fact that it used to be fun and now makes everyone I know want to throw their phone against a wall while they are doing it, well, that's not so important as long as they adhere to their "design intent". I mean, fun should not be a primary consideration - what is this, a game or something?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Well I'm glad are now making GW be closer to their "design intent".
    The fact that it used to be fun and now makes everyone I know want to throw their phone against a wall while they are doing it, well, that's not so important as long as they adhere to their "design intent". I mean, fun should not be a primary consideration - what is this, a game or something?

The only thing I get out of the current GW is that it gives me more incentive to actually diversify my resources amongst my toons more than before. Before, my only incentive was "Gotta catch them all, Pokemon".
  • Options
    Well I didn't finish my GW first week I unlocked it. The entitlement is hilarious now, pls stop these topics. There is a MERGED topic about this. If you cant complete GW after a month come back and ask what you are doing wrong. In the meanwhile s*ck it up. I could have made tons of posts first month about GW, so could my 100% f2p real life friend. We don't feel entitled to complete it however. 48+ winning streak and counting, yes I started at launch so been #1 already, no it doesn't slow your progress, it will however be till you maxed out some sort of squad. If you spread gear and gc over multiple toons you are doing it wrong to begin with..
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I think it's only right to begin with, to commend EA on a well put together game with enormous scope for further development.

Now that's out of the way, I'd like to say that the only weak section is the galactic war. In order to progress with achievements, you need to progress to completion 10 times. This is a near impossibility due to the games over balance in favor of the AI controlled team towards blocks and critical hits, not to mention the fact that your opponents are drawn from all servers, giving the fact that your fighting the top players continually. This is a highly unfair fact as many times I find myself without a healer after 5 or 6 rounds. On my server I'm one of the top players so I feel for weaker players who won't have the amount of characters unlocked as me and almost everyone of mine are VI or higher. Either make the awards more balanced based upon the opponent you defeat or allow the opponents progress in difficulty as you advance in rounds. I'm normally put against level 58 the first round but by the fourth it's level 65 already! Hardly fair when the opponent starts with a fresh squad but any buffs or bonuses I've already used are negated and I can't use the heal or special attacks till a few rounds have passed. This is ridiculous as almost every opponent has Darth Sidius and Capt Phasma, and your squad is all slowed with damage over time effects immediately.

Level the playing field or remove this over biased zone completely!
    Wonderful the mind of a child is!
  • Options
    Seriously?!?! Another one of these threads.....
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Wazlinski
    359 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've been #1 pretty much every arena reset time bar 2 since the first week or two I started, hit level 70 yesterday and roughly 12 toons in purple gear yet 3 times past week gw match ups have been 5 levels LOWER than me at their highest. I pretty much auto'ed the whole thing, so I have no idea how gw match ups are worked out.