The Galactic Sith Players Discussion

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    @TrevorTheWookie I think your team is certainly solid, my worry is that while barris brings crazy survival to the squad, without a taunt maul and EP might just be blown up by wiggs etc. let's not forget gents that our main competition for the meta right now is all the new rebels that just went into packs. All the Rouge 1 crew. Without being able to play with nihilus yet we don't know if his (admittedly low) speed is going to be enough to counter the raw dmg from rebels and tm redux from Zader meta which is still strong. I considered playing with nihilus and death trooper for double cooldowns increase to remove all special use for 2 turns lol
  • Options
    Im waitin for nihilus.. He will become my leader even if hes 3* , then i add maxed maul,palps,vader and maybe dooku(if zetaed) or this sith raunt.. He seems bad with 3* but he might be woth it.. G9 atm
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    @TrevorTheWookie I think your team is certainly solid, my worry is that while barris brings crazy survival to the squad, without a taunt maul and EP might just be blown up by wiggs etc. let's not forget gents that our main competition for the meta right now is all the new rebels that just went into packs. All the Rouge 1 crew. Without being able to play with nihilus yet we don't know if his (admittedly low) speed is going to be enough to counter the raw dmg from rebels and tm redux from Zader meta which is still strong. I considered playing with nihilus and death trooper for double cooldowns increase to remove all special use for 2 turns lol

Very true with no taunt B2 becomes quite a problem as well I like your idea with Sith Troop and Dooku making it so he has taunt up before other team can act I'm might follow suit on that. I'm rly excited to zeta Dooku
  • Options
    What sort of mods would folk throw onto Savage?
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    No one sees the teebo effect with assassin under zaul? Assassin will start by stealthing, gaining foresight as well. She also has increased dodge change via zaul lead. As soon as any AOE is rendered, she will dodge and her 2 turn stealth overwrites with zaul's 1 turn stealth that ends on the start of her turn. So if she dodges or gets crit at any point in the fight she will not be in stealth the next turn. This means that her 2nd special loses a lot of value.

That being said, assassin under zaul makes the fastest starting lineup in the game as long as assassin is fast enough to move first. 20% starting TM, assassin will have stealth, foresight and advantage as soon as she stealths (TM takes effect after buffs are gained), giving all sith another 36% TM. This basically guarantees that your entire sith lineup will move first.
  • Options
    I've been thinking a lot about it @Josh_K I didn't wanna mention before I was more sure of the mechanic, I think (mind you this is still speculation) that assassin under zaul starts stealth but then at her first turn she loses it like all other sith meaning she has only advantage. So you have to use basic to gain the extra speed and tenacity. Or use her 2nd skill then and not gain the buffs and give less tm to the team... and you may be right about the stealth overriding with zaul. We'll just have to wait to tomorrow and see I guess
  • Options
    Currently running Darth Vader Zeta lead, Boba Fett, Count Dooku (no Zeta yet), Darth Sidious and General Kenobi.

Still not sold with the new Sith characters but I might build Maul and once I have him Zeta'd I might build my squad like: Maul lead, Emperor Palpatine, Dooku, Sidious, and either General Kenobi or Sith Trooper.

Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Now: EP (L), Vader, Boba, TFP, ShT

Soon: Zaul (L), EP, Nihilus, ShT, Vader

Eventually: Zaul (L), Assassin, EP, Nihilus, SithT

Thoughts?
  • Options
    @Josh_K i think u missed a point about SA(sith assassin) that if she already has stealth she will also gain speed and tenacity up so i think thats way more turn meter than u mentioned,around 48% if im not mistaken,but you were right at one point,it is a guaranteed turn for soth,also i have some thoughts:isnt sid a better replacement for ep in a zaul team with nihilus?cuz he is fast and can debuff everyone before nihilus moves(so he can increase the cd on everyone)and also expose is very handy,and under his own and mauls zeta he will be a beastthe turn order can be:SA,sid,nihilus maul and sith trooper,i think this team will be a force to be reckoned with
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    Bt_7274 wrote: »
    @Josh_K i think u missed a point about SA(sith assassin) that if she already has stealth she will also gain speed and tenacity up so i think thats way more turn meter than u mentioned,around 48% if im not mistaken,but you were right at one point,it is a guaranteed turn for soth,also i have some thoughts:isnt sid a better replacement for ep in a zaul team with nihilus?cuz he is fast and can debuff everyone before nihilus moves(so he can increase the cd on everyone)and also expose is very handy,and under his own and mauls zeta he will be a beastthe turn order can be:SA,sid,nihilus maul and sith trooper,i think this team will be a force to be reckoned with

She wont have stealth in turn 1. Zaul lead stealth is dispelled on turn start. She will only have advantage. Using special 1 will also grant her 2 other buffs for a total of 3.
  • Options
    What you think about rework of Savage lead (75% defense + tenacity 30%)? I'll bet on him and together with defense+speed mods on all Sith team it could be a winner. I plan to use high health/resistance chars like Vader, Nihilus and Sith Trooper, and add Maul as an attacker.

Nihilus would remove enemy buffs and add debuffs to random enemy each turn

Trooper would deal offense down, along with Savage lead defense it will be great synergy. Taunting as a bonus

Savage would deal with annoying chars like Boba and Lando, by upping his ofense and defense and most importantly turn meter

Vader will I guess be Vader and use debuffs by Nihilus and others

Any suggestions are welcome
  • Options
    Personally I'd love to be able to run

zMaul
    Ep
    zDooku
    Nihilus
    zKylo

Yes Kylo is not sith but he is easily geared to high HP/protect. They have to attack him with all the others stealthed. With retribution up he can easily soften the team up while surviving the onslaught.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Was thinking today about what I'm calling the looming death Squad
    Zaul
    Sass (sith assassin cause filter blocks **** lol)
    Stpr
    Nihilus
    And savage

So the enemy kenobi taunts after your initial turn... ok that's fine, sith assassin blasts him through protection and then savage jumps on him... done, kenobi dies with his 60k protection still intact lol. Then nihilus deletes another one a turn or 2 later
    Post edited by Durrun on
  • Options
    Personally I'd love to be able to run

zMaul
    Ep
    zDooku
    zzNihilus
    zKylo

Yes Kylo is not sith but he is easily geared to high HP/protect. They have to attack him with all the others stealthed. With retribution up he can easily soften the team up while surviving the onslaught.

What about that Nihilus? ;)
  • Options
    Was thinking today about what I'm calling the looming death Squad
    Zaul
    Sass (sith assassin cause filter blocks **** lol)
    Stpr
    Nihilus
    And palp

So the enemy kenobi taunts after your initial turn... ok that's fine, sith assassin blasts him through protection and then savage jumps on him... done, kenobi dies with his 60k protection still intact lol. Then nihilus deletes another one a turn or 2 later

You don't have Savage in that lineup though. Assuming you meant to type Savage instead of Palp?

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Fully correct sir forgot to add him lol edited
  • Options
    Should Sid be in the lineup with higher speed than assassin to get debuffs on everyone in case Nihilus is the first to go after assassin speeds everyone up? That would give him 100% chance of landing the ability cooldowns.
  • Options
    Zaul leading a team of Savage, Dooku, EP, and Sid looks like my next go-to. Sid spraying expose will be a nice addition over Vader IMO
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Look people- You don't need a tank/taunt anything for Zaul.

I hold rank 1 on Dec shard with Zaul, EP, Vader, B2 and Kylo.

Once these toons are out it'll look like Zaul, EP, Nilly, Kylo and Vader/Assassin switchable.

I literally only drop to rank 3 or 6 over night and just insta win climb back up. The big improvement is Nilly with the ability to remove crap on basic, thankfully allowing Sith to not rely on B2.

YOU DO NOT NEED A TAUNT. The whole point of Zaul is to dance in and out of Stealth. Everyone keeps forgetting they have Old-Ben meta dodging that gives them guaranteed crit and TM. YOU WANT TO DODGE! You do NOT want your Shoretrooper to waste a slot just soaking hits. Your SITH are supposed to soak hits. The sith trooper is INTERESTING but by no means required.

No dodge = no TM gain.

As for Vader: Stop under estimating a G11 maxed Vader culling blade under Zaul. Guranteed crit. Guaranteed 30k damage. Guaranteed dead toon. He gets plenty of speed boosts if you allow your sith to DODGE.

If you come across another hyper fast speed team, swap out with Assassin for the JE-like boost.

Why Kylo? G11 zKylo is the only "reliable" target. By all means, funnel enemy attacks into him.. he only gets STRONGER and FASTER and deadlier as they ping him.

Want another 30k crit attack? Use EP to lower his health and let him go to work. zKylo can certainly be swapped out for another sith, but ideally you want some guy who will never go into Stealth. I'd rather take zKylo over the Sith Tank Taunter. Sith Tank Taunter can't do 30k hits and actually messes up your flow.

New Sideous can replace Vader.

I like the Assassin/Savage combo, but you have to deal with Foresight.
  • Options
    I have a couple of empire guys but
    I run EP leader - leader abilty is great
    Vador - aoe with speed down and 1 shot
    Sidous health block and gain with aoe = never dies
    bobba mass ability block
    and tie fighter pilot - his debuff block is awesome

All have 3 star speed mods - top 20 in arena :)

The new guys look cool and might go all sith-the health regen from palps leader ability might knock off some the rebel squads
  • Options
    ^^^
    Good advice imo, I may scrap the idea of sith trooper once I can get kylo lvld and geared up! I have a 5* g9 kylo on my alt account and he is already a beast, I really like your idea.
  • Options
    One question: tm maul(20%) for example for palpatine is: speed x 1.25. Its ok? Sorry my english jeje. Thank
  • Options
    Yes starting turn is 1.25X speed
  • darkside
    287 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yes starting turn is 1.25X speed

For example my palpatine has 229. Will be 229 × 1.25= 286?
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Yes

Ok. Thank mate :)
  • Options
    No problem :)
  • Options
    @Noktarn As far as bringing a Taunt goes on a zMaul team, I suppose that makes sense...but if you can, would you mind explaining something to me?

My plan is to zeta Maul's leader ability this weekend. I already upgraded to Sid's zeta as well. It shouldn't be difficult at all, with Maul's 20% TM gain at the start of the battle, to mod them so they are the first two heroes to act. Sid uses Demoralizing Blows and hopefully Exposes multiple enemies...followed up by Maul's Whirling Blades, it just seems like an incredibly powerful way to start a battle. Does this sound about right? Is there a "better" opener/comp for Sith, as far we've been able to tell?

As far as filling out the rest of the squad goes...I understand that you don't necessarily want to bring a Taunt, but how risky is it to bring five Sith (essentially negating the Stealth buff they all get to start the battle)? Seems like any team with Wiggs can just target down one of your squishier heroes. Is the evasion buff that reliable? Sorry...I didn't play during the last Evasion meta, and do not run up against hardly any zMaul comps on my leaderboard.

As far as Sith go, here is what I'm working with:
    • Vader - G11 (no zeta, no omegas)
    • Maul - G11 (no zeta, omega on AoE)
    • Sidious - G11 (Maxed)
    • Palpatine - G11 (Maxed)
    • Dooku - G10 (no zeta, no omegas)

I'm just trying to figure out how to spend upcoming zetas and omegas, and how to assemble a Sith team capable of rising to #1. My leaderboard is chock full of zVader & Wiggs + Chaze + GK comps right now...and just applying what I know about what those teams from my experience fighting them every day, my zMaul + zSid idea seems like the ideal opener.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    REJOICE fellow sithicans, they expected the potential stealth bug under maul lead and assassins stealth will NOT be overwritten by a dodge or crit under maul. She will maintain stealth
  • Options
    Just from the event I can already tell assassin is must have for zaul team. Dark shroud gives the team huge TM.

I really only wanted to lvl nihlus but now I'm torn. Argggh.