Anyone else cringe at all the "Z" character names

Replies

• Options
    stumpoman wrote: »
    I am looking forward to the point in the future where if someone mentions a character with zetas everyone assumes they are already zeta-ed

don't worry i won't make that mistake. i don't care if the toon has zeta or not. vader is vader.
  • Options
    ZUP!!!!!
  • Options
    vessaharja wrote: »
    ZUP!!!!!

Omg I lol'd
    This is a signature.
  • Options
    Carbonari wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I think it's dumb. But equally dumb--no, I take that back--even dumber is blaming it on a lazy generation. Portmanteaus have been around for centuries.

^This.

I have been denoting zeta characters by a little "z" before their name. For example: zVader, zMaul. Takes me back to my formal logic classes.

BOTH

giphy.gif
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    When does Zit Fisto get his zeta?

Keep your Fisto out of my Zit, please. ;-)
    Post edited by Barhebraeus on
  • Options
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Zex yet.
  • Options
    stumpoman wrote: »
    I am looking forward to the point in the future where if someone mentions a character with zetas everyone assumes they are already zeta-ed

That has happened to omega abilities by now, which is really nice, although no one put 'o' in front of Vader for them
  • Options
    People have been making up names for squads forever.. No biggie.. I *DO* wish they *AT LEAST* would use the proper names in the titles of posts in order to make searches more effective (.. and hopefully cut down on duplicate threads.)

I guess the key word there is "wish" :/
  • Options
    People have been making up names for squads forever.. No biggie.. I *DO* wish they *AT LEAST* would use the proper names in the titles of posts in order to make searches more effective (.. and hopefully cut down on duplicate threads.)

Maybe it would work better if it was a zish. The increased effect chance and reduced cooldown really make that zeta upgrade worth it.
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Zusken?
  • Options

Does this forum software have ability to add keywords or tags?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The nicknames does make me cringe pretty good. Zaul, Zader, Zobba, Zewie, Zives, Zarris, Zexx etc. I find it a little disrespectful to the actual characters, even if they are fictional. It also bugs me when I see GG, or GK or other nicknames as sometimes I have to think for a second on whom it is. It makes sense with Qui Gon Jin cause it's obvious who that is referring to the name can be easy to get wrong. GS, GK, GG etc are all too similar that it is easy to get confused. Just spell out the name. Most are straightforward.
  • Options
    Lol i agree. It is totally dumb and whoever do that is just an attention "****". Specially the returd who came up with "Princess Zody" like what in the **** ***** !
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    The nicknames does make me cringe pretty good. Zaul, Zader, Zobba, Zewie, Zives, Zarris, Zexx etc. I find it a little disrespectful to the actual characters, even if they are fictional. It also bugs me when I see GG, or GK or other nicknames as sometimes I have to think for a second on whom it is. It makes sense with Qui Gon Jin cause it's obvious who that is referring to the name can be easy to get wrong. GS, GK, GG etc are all too similar that it is easy to get confused. Just spell out the name. Most are straightforward.

**** retentive much? ;)

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    While laziness is likely, I will certainly admit laziness of not having to ask a person "Are you talking about Vader with or without a zeta?" If a person posts Zader, I avoid typing that follow up question. Their laziness compliments my laziness, I suppose.

Or you can just say zeta vader but i don't expect you to understand
  • Options
    While laziness is likely, I will certainly admit laziness of not having to ask a person "Are you talking about Vader with or without a zeta?" If a person posts Zader, I avoid typing that follow up question. Their laziness compliments my laziness, I suppose.

Or you can just say zeta vader but i don't expect you to understand

You got me good.
  • Options
    My least favorite is Zoda, because it sounds like Soda and makes me thirsty.
  • Options
    Zhis Zame iz Zo Zidiculously Zun!

When can we expect the Gamma ability? I'd love a Gey, Gader, Gives, Goba, Gas(sian) squad! Talk about synergy!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Z-Vader, Z-Maul, Z-Barris, Z-Yoda. Much better in my opinion.
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    ZI Zdont Zknow Zwhat Zyou're Ztalking Zabout.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options

Until you have typed each of those ten times on a mobile device during an hour...?
  • Options
    I never use those shortcuts because I have no zeta :smile:
    To be more precise, it should be Z-Darth Vader, Z-Darth Maul, Z-Bariss Offee and Z-Grand Master Yoda. Once you finish typing them, you forgot what you want to really write...

• Options
    I don't like it because I'm not twelve years old.
  • Options
    I think it's just odd

I don't remeber hearing about Zader, but I do remember a Vader

Maybe the devs can replace all first letters with a Z: Znakin, Zoruscant Underworld Police, Zate Gunray, Zeneral Kenobi

Not too hard I bet

Edir: I know it stands for a character that has a zeta, but is zeta maul that time consuming to type?

I love this post, those sound so stupid l hate seeing people say "Zader, Zaul, Zylo" bunch of animals
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »
    It gets quite old to keep typing vader with zeta or zeta maul, not to mention zeta sidious, zeta finn plus others.

This combined with a mobile device makes me use those myself occassionally even though it bothers me :)

Just Type Vader Z, Finn Z, Maul Z, you ****
  • Options
    No
    Creator of Dutch Bier Alliance [DBA] - Come and join if you're Dutch. More casual/low level? Come join Dutch Bier Alliance Academy [DBAA]
  • Whatever_Man
    76 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I think we can all agree that ZRoRRuR'R'R or zURoRRuR'R'R needs to happen. Personally, I think we should go with zZZzZZzZ'Z'Z

Also, anyone else remember the Zima commercials? Haha.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    Naw wrote: »
    It gets quite old to keep typing vader with zeta or zeta maul, not to mention zeta sidious, zeta finn plus others.

This combined with a mobile device makes me use those myself occassionally even though it bothers me :)

Just Type Vader Z, Finn Z, Maul Z, you ****

Because it does look ridiculous I end up typing zeta Vader, zeta Maul etc :)
  • Options
    Specially the returd who came up with "Princess Zody" like what in the **** ***** !
    LMAO!! "Princess Zody"? Now that's the funniest one I've ever seen! XDDDD

• Options
    I get Chaze, Krooper and Chirpatine... but wt* is Zidader?