Royal Guard viable in pvp now?

Replies

• Options
    Alright, the update has been out for a couple minutes now; who's tried it? I have a 2nd low-level account that I've been messing with. His stun proc is pretty cool so far, definitely an annoyance but not sure how it translates into higher tier arena.
  • Options
    The return of HK droids and poggle (plus the man of the hour, Royal-Not-A-Droid-But-Whatsup-Guys-Beep-Beep.

If ig-88 can survive just one attack, he taunts, you are good to go.

Even if Quiggles steals the taunt, RG did his job by stealing 2 characters worth of mega speed attacks. Then it's on to good ole' poggle land and guns blazing.

So far so good (7 star droid team with 5 star gear 7 RG)
  • Options
    85% stun at max level...nice
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hello everyone,

now that Royal Guard's changes have been pushed worldwide, it's time for the stream of complaints to commence.
    So for all of you who've had bad experiences with RG in the past, present or future, shoot!
    Post edited by FashionFett on
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    The only bad experiences I've had with Royal Guard have been using him in Galactic War and watching him hit his opponents with a staff made of packing peanuts and cotton candy.
  • Options
    This video gives us some insight in his absolutely OP power and prowess:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/15573/royal-guard-in-action-video
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I honestly have absolutely NO IDEA what was going through their minds when they did this.
    What happened to "small changes", "slow and steady", "don't want to overreact"?
    How could they barely tickle Mace and turn this no-name support character into a must-have on nearly any team?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Speaking of "no-name support character", I really wanna build a team of Royal Guard (L, to add to the saltyness), FOTP, Resistance Pilot, Tusken Raider, Geonosian Soldier now. :tongue:
  • Options
    Now that New Year's deal doesn't seem so stupid, does it? DOES IT?

.... DOES IT!?
  • Options
    Now that New Year's deal doesn't seem so stupid, does it? DOES IT?

.... DOES IT!?

Best $5 I ever spent.
  • Options
    New Year's deal? Was that 4* RG for $5 or so? @Cottonfresh
  • Options
    Why does he need to be nerfed? For months this board was saying fix him due to him being useless. Now one of the coolest looking chars in the game had a spot on a team, isn't that the goal for every character?
  • Options
    It's great.... RG was the worst toon in the game. He needed a buff in a major way. Love it.
  • Options
    Poe should get a 5000% damage bonus when attacking RG lol.
  • Options
    Why does he need to be nerfed? For months this board was saying fix him due to him being useless. Now one of the coolest looking chars in the game had a spot on a team, isn't that the goal for every character?
    Thanks for carefully reading the OP.
    And coolest looking? If that was the case no-one would've complained about Poe. :wink:
  • Options
    I love it... I'll have to work on mine a little but it works well and isn't OP. He doesn't expose... Or affect turn meter. So, Poe/Han may be preferred still by some. Now we have three usable tanks. Good job EA
  • Options
    I'm actually pretty happy. I had been upgrading my RG the whole time, simply because he was one of my favorites as a young'in. 4* and gear level VII, I might actually get to use him for once! Hooray *confetti*
  • Options
    Nerf this RG...
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I honestly have absolutely NO IDEA what was going through their minds when they did this.
    How could they barely tickle Mace and turn this no-name support character into a must-have on nearly any team?

@Qeltar can you start a thread or topic on Royal Guard and lead discussion about the imbalance? your insights tend to be noticed. thanks
  • Options
    Guys lets not forget that dispel is a thing... as well as AoE. He does seem strong and I think it would be interesting, but let's play around first before freaking out.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

@Qeltar can you start a thread or topic on Royal Guard and lead discussion about the imbalance? your insights tend to be noticed. thanks

Thanks, but don't see much point in starting yet another one. And nobody from CG/EA responds to me any more anyway.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Heisen wrote: »
    Guys lets not forget that dispel is a thing... as well as AoE. He does seem strong and I think it would be interesting, but let's play around first before freaking out.

Yeah I have used some already. Level 70 6* gear VI

It works but it's not the game breaker some think. The big thing that he does is keep toons from getting 2 Shot. But he dies pretty fast. Mines at 14k health. Also it only lasts one turn. So you better make the most of the sliver of time it buys you.

It will enable everyone's favorite pilot back into the team though. Can you say RotFOTP?
  • Cottonfresh
    46 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Sticare_Courts_0073

Yeah, it was a $20 4* nub character pack that got a clearance glitch by accident to $5 for some lucky ****. I wanted it to get the clone trooper and RG shards just for the giggles of it.
  • Options
    Nice... He's been sitting on my bench forever but I even found the occasional use for him. Now if I can only get my snowtrooper off of one star, I can work on my Vader, RG, Trooper Empire squad
  • Options
    News years deal for me cost like $35.. The pricing system is so unfair on half the community :(
  • Options
    Way to balance a game. Lovely team of developers this game has. Can't imagine why anyone gives them money for garbage.
  • Options
    New Year's deal? Was that 4* RG for $5 or so? @Cottonfresh

Well, more like $20. A few lucky ones got it cheaper.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    FakeRobbo wrote: »
    News years deal for me cost like $35.. The pricing system is so unfair on half the community :(

At least you had a new year deal?

RG looks like a solid guy for a couple GW nodes of phasmacraptastic stuff I've bene getting lately. Even at lower levels could be enough to save my behind at least a few times (hopefully).
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    @Sticare_Courts_0073

Yeah, it was a $20 4* nub character pack that got a clearance glitch by accident to $5 for some lucky ****. I wanted it to get the clone trooper and RG shards just for the giggles of it.

And it was only available to android users.....
  • Options
    I guess the joke's on me. I publicly laughed at the New Year pack :lol:!