Royal Guard viable in pvp now?

Replies

• Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    First time i saw someone with a 7* Red guard in arena.

7* Sid(Lead), QGJ, FOTP, Red Guard, GS

Im going try to attack him after the reset tonight.
  • Options
    I am prepping my 7 star RG for my new squad of:

QGJ (Lead)
    Lumi
    GS
    Dooku
    RG
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Faced a fully geared 7star rg Team tonight. I blew that team out of the water. Boy was I relieved that he wasn't op, glad I don't have to farm him. I'll have to do more tests but it wasn't anything to worry about. All hype
  • Options
    Harmonica wrote: »
    I am prepping my 7 star RG for my new squad of:

QGJ (Lead)
    Lumi
    GS
    Dooku
    RG

That is what I want my team to be but RG is only 4* gear 5 and I just put him is a cantina battle and he is doing well with his procs but still hitting like a pool noodle on a hot summer day.
  • Options
    Until now, DS really had no viable toon with a taunt available... if anything, that is no longer true. RG is a pretty rough farm though... unless you spend $$$.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    scootle wrote: »
    Until now, DS really had no viable toon with a taunt available... if anything, that is no longer true. RG is a pretty rough farm though... unless you spend $$$.

The only thing DS toons are missing is a first tier healer. After that there will officially be no reason to run any LS toons.
  • Options
    Don't bother farming rg, just faced a decked out rg team and it was an easy win, I had all 5 alive.
  • Options
    Song wrote: »
    First time i saw someone with a 7* Red guard in arena.

7* Sid(Lead), QGJ, FOTP, Red Guard, GS

Im going try to attack him after the reset tonight.

Let us know how it goes
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Don't bother farming rg, just faced a decked out rg team and it was an easy win, I had all 5 alive.

What were the team comps on both sides?
  • Options
    Radwin wrote: »
    I like the changes. Maybe IT Will be possible to defend now. Nerf the sick IG88 instead. The combo of Poe poggle and IG88 is the most Boring thing ever. Im in an Old server and 80% of the top players use that combo.

i call total **** on this. I literally see 1 out of 10 people using this combo at most. some combo of qgj poe kylo etc. is way more common
  • Options
    Of course it makes perfect sense. RG does not have any shipments so you can only farm him slowly via two energy nodes. Now that he's very desirable they are banking on lots of chromium and crystal refresh purchases for those in a hurry to get him.
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Mine was sid lead, qgj, rey, gs, dooku.
    Against
    Qgj,rey,rg,yoda, can't remember if the last one was dooku ot fotp. It's a whale team so it was decked out
  • Options
    Kaninchen wrote: »
    I say let's see what happens.

But, man, if he taunts every time a char gets under 50% HP F2P are doomed. Pair him with Lumi and we'll have non dieing chars (char gets low health, RG taunts, Lumi heals or char gets his turn and heals itself [if Lumi has already used healing]).

i think it's cool honestly. there's strategies that can beat this.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Against
    Qgj,rey,rg,yoda, can't remember if the last one was dooku ot fotp.

Did you check star, gear, ability level of RG?
  • Options
    Zekex wrote: »
    AKK889 wrote: »
    RG didn't make it to the game and yet I can see some recurrent anti-Poe names already suggesting he is too OP and ready to start the nerf-RG-posts from the moment he hits the game. It's unbelievable.

I'll make all this flagrant jealousy towards toons you can't have pretty simple for you:
    Strawman fallacy. You're claiming that people are asking for nerfs because they are jealous that they can't get it and not because it has potential issues.Instead of passing snide remarks about people, why don't you address the points mentioned by posters regarding RG if you are convinced he doesn't need a nerf?We're all mature adults here,there is no need for any mud-slinging.
    AKK889 wrote: »
    If RG is good then farm it, adapt your team or just shut up.

This very same argument can be applied to an OP character that has 1 mil hp and 1 mil damage.
    Should we just say since it is good, we should farm it and adapt our team to it? There is an underlying assumption that the character is not overdone, and that there are consistent counters to it. But there aren't any since RG has high hp and can taunt multiple times out of turn. RG has turn meter gain,50% stun, decent potency and tenacity as well.

wah wah wah....boo you're giving your opinions so it must be strawman fallacy....what a crock
  • Options

Against

Yup power level over 5300, 7 star, fully geared. Ability lvl was 4 across the board, however, It's the 50% passive taunt were worried about right?.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    goobstoob wrote: »
    wah wah wah....boo you're giving your opinions so it must be strawman fallacy....what a crock

Google the meaning of strawman fallacy and check out the context of my post. This is the last time I'm responding to a little kid like you.

Mind posting a video so we can know what happened?
  • Options
    Zekex wrote: »
    goobstoob wrote: »

Google the meaning of strawman fallacy and the context of my post. This is the last time I'm responding to a little kid like you.

Mind posting a video so we can know what happened?

Lol, oh my gosh. I would if I knew how. I'm going to do more tests but i was not impressed against my first match against a whale rg team.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Against

Yup power level over 5300, 7 star, fully geared. Ability lvl was 4 across the board, however, It's the 50% passive taunt were worried about right?.

The taunt and 50% stun are of concern.
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    FakeRobbo wrote: »
    News years deal for me cost like $35.. The pricing system is so unfair on half the community :(

At least you had a new year deal?

RG looks like a solid guy for a couple GW nodes of phasmacraptastic stuff I've bene getting lately. Even at lower levels could be enough to save my behind at least a few times (hopefully).

@Fantazy may be the server. I play less often, but when I do she is in every team and at 7* ...Get ready to absorb and absorb. No healer can be on cooldown ever

• Options
    Ok I went against it again his team is qgj, leia, rg, yoda, rey. Rg has 5468 power, team fully decked total power of 27846. Out of 3 matches I won 2, however, the one loss was due to a bit of bad luck.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Loving RG. A more fair Poe. Brings back defense again... these few weeks without defense has been really frustrating!
  • Pure_Pazaak
    386 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    HamZolo wrote: »
    Of course it makes perfect sense. RG does not have any shipments so you can only farm him slowly via two energy nodes. Now that he's very desirable they are banking on lots of chromium and crystal refresh purchases for those in a hurry to get him.

Don't forget that they're practically spiting those of us who had a bit of backbone and didn't purchase the recent pack featuring him. "Some players had the gall to be dissatisfied with this useful and reasonably-priced pack we graced them with? Let's see how they like this, then!".

Realistically, it's not like that at all. It just feels like a very poorly timed design decision to only release a major buff for this character after we had been focused on just how disappointing the character is when it was showcased as a paid option. It's up to debate whether they would be able to easily pick up on the character's need for adjustment before that happened, but it certainly doesn't make it feel better in retrospect.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Ok I went against it again his team is qgj, leia, rg, yoda, rey. Rg has 5468 power, team fully decked total power of 27846. Out of 3 matches I won 2, however, the one loss was due to a bit of bad luck.

What did you do to work around the taunt?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    nice work @Rogan_Ban84 whose team was it? i don't see them in our top 5. i'm almost tempted to refresh arena attempts so i can go a few rounds against rg
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »
    nice work @Rogan_Ban84 whose team was it? i don't see them in our top 5. i'm almost tempted to refresh arena attempts so i can go a few rounds against rg

Hey reizse. It's mol Eliza. Lol he's already switched out his rg for fotp now.
  • Options

What did you do to work around the taunt?

Simple, qgj. Now I will say if your team doesn't dish out enough damage, I can see rg being a real problem. If you can't dish out enough damage where you're constantly not finishing enemy toons, rg will taunt every single time. You gotta take them out in 2 hits per toon.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    @Rogan_Ban84 that makes sense. i might have to alter my strat if i don't bring enough damage to the table.
    also, i'll keep an eye out for mol. i really want to see how rg works for high-end.

thanks for the info!
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »
    @Rogan_Ban84 that makes sense. i might have to alter my strat if i don't bring enough damage to the table.
    also, i'll keep an eye out for mol. i really want to see how rg works for high-end.

thanks for the info!

Mmhmm
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    RG is now the new meta.