"Hiya Holotable Heroes! We’ve reached the highly anticipated Quality of Life Update! Here are the Version Updates for 2/28/2018"
(CG_Leviathan standing in for Kozi here)
Quality of Life Improvements
Raid Tickets (Daily) Fixed:
- Guild Officers can now rest assured that the Raid Tickets (Daily) leaderboard in Guild Management will consistently be accurate.
Galactic War Simming:
- An account on an iOS device can now be linked to an Android device so that it can be played on both devices (same with Android to iOS). This allows players that are changing phones, or have multiple devices, to continue their game progress. This option is available in Settings. Note: Accounts across iOS devices will continue to support linking via Game Center and accounts across Android devices will continue to support linking via Google Play.
- Players that have reached level 85 and completed Galactic War 150 times can now sim Galactic War
- When filtering units by category, you can now search via text entry, for example typing “Han” to see all the characters with Han in their name. The search includes all tags set for the character such as “Dark Side” or “Jedi”
Favorite Unit Improvements:
- Selecting units in the pre-combat screen is now much easier as units can be filtered by category or text.
- Units that are not activated can now be set as a favorite, allowing easy access when seeking shards.
- Favorited units are now sorted to the top of the character inventory, minimizing the need to select the filter.
- When viewing gear details, any characters that have been favorited are sorted to the beginning of the characters that need that gear.
Multi-Sim Ship Challenges:
Sim Credit Heist and Training Droid Smuggling Events:
- A Multi-Sim button is now available in Ship Challenges once 3 stars has been reached in the final tier of Ship Building Materials, Ship Enhancement Droids, and Ship Ability Materials.
Inbox Message Delete button:
- Tiers with 3 stars can now be simmed.
- All inbox messages that currently only have a “GO” button will now also have a “DELETE” button so the player isn’t forced to press “GO” remove the message. (Ex. Raid Started and “New Guild Orders”.)
There are a variety of situations where a player’s tall unit (ex. Darth Vader) is obscuring a small unit (ex. Hermit Yoda). This resulted in players being unable to select the obscured unit when an Ally ability allows it (ex. Hera’s Backup Plan ability). To ensure units can always be selected and seen, units will now rearrange based on unit height. The one exception is the leader unit, which will remain in the front. This tech also applies to opponent ships to minimize situations where an opponent's ship can not be targeted (this was primarily an issue on the Capital Ship’s turn).
Zeta Purchase Confirmation: To avoid accidentally upgrading an ability to its Zeta level, a confirmation message will now warn players prior to upgrade.
Shipment Improvements: To significantly reduce the number of required taps when viewing details on a shipment and then choosing to purchase, shipments now show the quantity of gear/shards owned at the top level and the details screen acts as the confirmation.
Last Month Leaderboard: The “Last month’s top 3 guilds” leaderboard has been visually improved
Legal Changes: Added a button linking to a new legal form for German players.
Territory War Improvements
- Minimizing Ties: To minimize the chance of a tie and reward players for skill in combat, bonus banners can be earned from successful attacks. Details:
- All successful attacks earn 5 banners
- Bonus banners can be earned for defeating the squad/fleet on the first or second attempt
First Attempt: +10 Banners
Second Attempt: +5 Banners
- 1 additional banner can also be earned for each surviving unit
- If less than the max units are brought into combat, 1 additional banner is earned for each empty slot. This is so players are not penalized for attacking with fewer than 5 units.
- Banners earned for setting defenses have been increased to compensate for this change and ensure balance in defense and offense. 30 banners for characters and 34 banners for ships.
- For example, if a player attacks a squad that has not been attacked by any other player, attacks with 5 units, and only loses 2 units, then 18 banners will be earned (5 for win, 10 for first time bonus, and 3 for the surviving units)
- Defends: The number of times a squad/fleet has defended is recorded on the squad tile and the tile will remain after the squad is defeated. This will help players identify how well their squad is defending and will communicate the potential attempt bonus to attackers.
- Increasing Defensive Squads for Top Guilds: As top Guilds have so many squads, the average of 4 defensive squads per player isn’t allowing them to fully demonstrate the strength of their rosters. To remedy, the average defensive squads will scale up to ~6 per player if both participants are in the highest active GP tier.
- New Achievement: A new achievement has been created for Territory War wins. It has 11 levels with achievements at 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40, and 50 wins. Previous wins will count toward progress.
- Pre-Battle Squads: Units will no longer be pre-populated in pre-battle for Territory Wars specifically. This is to prevent accidentally entering a battle with the preselected units that typically are not meant to be together.
See you on the Holotables!
UPDATED: @CG_Leviathan 11:45am PST
Hey Holotable Heroes!
In ADDITION to all of the Quality of Life update information we’ve provided over the past weeks AND today (<<MEGATHREAD>>), we’re even more excited to bring you details about the upcoming Sith Raid and new powerful characters!
Three new characters make their debut on the Holotable to help you craft your team.
For more information on these updates, please see their Character Strategy posts below, but be mindful. Hatred... is a fragile alliance at best.
SITH TRIUMVIRATE RAID
The presence of the Darkside is here to make itself known.
Phase one abilities:
Phase two abilities:
- Unbreakable Will:Gain Unbreakable Will for 1 turn. This unit may only use this ability once, but an additional use can be gained by defeating Menacing enemies. Survive any attack at 1 Health, must be targeted by enemy attacks, Speed -10%, Turn Meter can't be modified.
Phase three abilities:
- Soothe: Remove all stacks of Cycle of Pain and Cycle of Suffering from this unit
- Cycle of Pain: +20% Offense per stack, can't be Resisted, can only be Dispelled by Soothe (max 5 stacks); Sion also gains 5% Offense and 10% Counter Chance
- Cycle of Suffering: +150% Offense, can't be Resisted, can only be Dispelled by Soothe; Sion also gains 50% Offense and 60% Counter Chance
Phase four abilities:
- Stand Alone: Face Darth Traya without relying on the strength of others. For 3 turns, this unit takes 50% less damage and all other allies become Suppressed for 3 turns. Suppressed allies grant this unit a portion of their stats based on their roles.
Activating Stand Alone removes all stacks of Bonds of Weakness from Traya. This ability has a global cooldown and can only be used by each unit once.
- Tanks: +100% Tenacity
- Attackers: +100% Offense
- Supports or Healers: +100% Maximum Health
Special buffs: In this phase, Traya has a buff called From the Shadows, making her untargetable and invulnerable until both Nihilus and Sion are defeated. In addition, defeating Nihilus or Sion will grant a buff to the remaining Sith Lords until the end of the raid.
- Soothe All: Granted to Healers and Supports. This ability functions like Soothe, but affects all allied units and removes stacks of Bonds of Weakness and its damage increase.
- Stand Together: Granted to Attackers and Tanks. Remove Isolated from target ally.
- Unbreakable Will: Granted to units when they kill an enemy.
- For defeating Sion: Savage Ambition: This unit gains 10 speed (Stacking), and 5% Critical Chance (Stacking) every time they perform a move or score a Critical Hit.
- For defeating Nihilus: Dreadful Ambition: This unit’s damaging attacks reduce the target’s Offense by 10% for the rest of the battle (stacking, max 30%).
See more details and Game Changer footage:
- iPad Mini: The application should no longer crash on boot of device.
- iPad 2: Fixed occasional crash condition in Fleet Arena and Ship Challenges battles.
- iPhone X: The Apple Notch no longer overlaps text boxes in the Tank Takedown raid.
- iOS: Promote Tutorial no longer overlaps the gear upgrade slot when promoting a Character.
- Android: In Territory Battles, the “Deploy” Score Bar will now update in real time after deploying units.
- The reduce level button in the Training Menu now works correctly.
- When Data Card is tapped in the store, Notification Badge now appears correctly.
- Fixed issue where the size of a ship would change when scrolling between ships in the Ships Inventory.
- Fixed issue where the Chimaera Ship's turn meter is not visible on devices with 4:3 aspect ratio.
- Text will no longer overlap in Territory Battles for Dark Side Rebel Base Platoon Missions on devices with 4:3 aspect ratio.
- Icons will now appear correctly in rewards prize screen after completing multiple battles or challenges.
- Abilities: Large ability descriptions will display correctly when tapped during a battle.
- Fixed issue where the first time user experience overlaps Settings button in the first Light Side Mission.
- Fixed issue where the glowing effect extended past Continue button when using Multi Sim.
- Targeting: Friendly characters can be more easily targeted.
- Ship Abilities: When a ship ability is available to be upgraded, it is now being badged in the ship details screen.
- Packs: Ability Materials Mega-Pack: "Buy Again" button is now disabled after buying a pack that has a purchase limit of 1 per day.
- 7-star unit achievements now appear in the same session they were earned.
- Fixed issue where collecting materials needed count did not reflect actual count.
- User Interface: Fixed issue where scrollbar position doesn't reset after viewing a full gear piece in Territory Battles Prize Boxes.
- Shipments: First time user experience now lists Guild Events Store.
- Ships Combat: Fixed issue where sometimes players were unable to select some of their own and enemy ships when many buff/debuffs active in combat.
- Inbox: Fixed issue where users sometimes received multiple instances of the same inbox message.
- PVP: Action Caps and Cooldowns: Fixed issue where the cooldown button could show the wrong timer when out of action caps refreshes.
- Fixed occasional issue where units left with very low health appear to have 0 Health in battle.
- Mods: Selling a fully upgraded, 5 star mod returns the correct credit value under all conditions.
- Squad Management: Fixed issue where squad tabs would only allow a max of 12 characters names.
- Darth Nihilus: Darth Nihilus' Drain Force ability no longer has a delay when using it on debuffed enemies.
- Darth Nihilus: Fixed issue that caused Darth Nihilus' Drain Force ability to reduce Annihilate ability cooldown when hitting a raid boss (raid bosses are immune to cooldown increase).
- Darth Nihilus: Fixed issue where Darth Nihilus' lightsaber glow was covering the hilt of his lightsaber.
- Droid: Fixed issue where K-2SO and R2-D2 were sometimes stuck in the running man/smoke screen animation.
- Fixed an issue where Ezra Bridger and Captain Han Solo were missing the scan line textures on their weapon materials.
- General: Some units health no longer clips over other units when in an ally slot.
RAIDS & GUILD EVENTS
- Guilds: Guild leaderboard is now tappable.
- Guilds: Fixed issue where guild chat prompts an error when empty text is submitted.
- Guilds: Fixed error when a demoted officer attempts to abandon a raid.
- Guilds: Fixed issue where the logo of the first place guild in any leaderboard was missing.
- Guilds: Invite button is no longer grayed out when resending invitation.
- Guilds: Guild messages in guild chat will no longer overlap members text.
- Raids: Visual: Fixed occasional issue where the Engage All Threats icon hides the AAT’s Turn Meter bar in Phase 3 of AAT Raid on 4:3 Aspect Ratio devices.
- Raids: Users can no longer skip the Finalizing Results time after a raid has been completed.
- Raids: Fixed issue where the cost is doubled when launching the same raid at the same time on two devices.
- Raids: Fixed issue where players joining a guild can no longer attempt to join an in-progress raid.
- Territory Battles: Command button can no longer be tapped during the first time user experience.
- Territory Battles: Pop up messaging will now appear when users try to assign an already deployed character to a platoon.
- Territory Battles: Fixed issue where icons for missions are incorrectly assigned and sometime overlap when one Territory Battle ends, and another starts via same session.
- Territory Battles: Fixed issue when returning to map from a selected zone (Mission, Recon, or Deploy) would not put focus on the active zone.
- Territory Battles: Empire: Enemy abilities will now use the correct border color on map vs detail screen.
- Territory Battles: Decreased number of toast (pop up) messages.
- Territory Battles: Achievements: Super Star counts as expected towards the Super Star achievement.
- Territory Wars: Fixed issue in Territory Wars where players were only earning 10 banners for setting defensive squads instead of the correct 20 banners.
- Territory Wars: Tutorial: Fixed issue where Territory Wars tutorial reappears on a 2nd Territory Wars event after being triggered on a prior Territory Wars event.
- Territory Wars: The Disobey Order button will now require double confirmation.
- Territory Wars: Fixed issue in Territory Wars where defending squad can have one of the squad’s units stuck at 100% Turn Meter with infinite turns thus blocking progression for that phase tree.
- Territory Wars: Fixed issue in Territory Wars when killing the last enemy in a squad as the round timer reaches 0:00 would net you 0 banners and not count as a successful attack.
- Territory Wars: Opponents in Territory Wars can no longer select non-capital ships in place of a Capital Ship.
- Territory Wars: If players reached level 65 after a Territory Battle has started they will no longer encounter multiple restarts.
- Territory Wars: Fixed issue where conquered zones turn grey before animation has occurred.
- Territory Wars: Fixed issue where string texts were being displayed in the Territory Skirmish Event selection screen instead of the intended text.
- Territory Wars: Fixed issue where scroll bars in Allied and Enemy squad lists constantly update the amount of scrollable area as the user scrolls.
- Territory Wars: Fixed issue where the "ENTER" button is highlighted in an invalid territory zone.