SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Options
    dgree wrote: »
    mikk207 wrote: »
    Xagen wrote: »
    yes, if Sith Trooper or Hux are not stunned, battle will be lost, reliable counter means the system like GAS +5s + smb have against SLKR, other 3 Gls counters each other without inventing a wheel. Reliable counter means that you definitely know who should be used and how that brings you victory with a high chance.

this is what I mean, lots of people throw in a video and stating : oh look how bad see is if even padme can beat him.
    this is exactely the same.

fyi, there are other vids from see beating kylo\

but I guess the opponents have bad mods or super lucky battles or whatever 🙄.
    No, it's not exactly the same. There are significant differences and the people who have been discussing these battles and mechanics know the differences and why these actually are lucky battles. Mods have little to do with it for the most part because SEE is so weak that mods can't help him.

I would strongly suggest reading back through the thread before jumping to conclusions and thinking you know as much as everyone else. After you catch up to speed, maybe then come in with a more informed opinion.

FWIW, if there was a way for SEE to beat SLKR the way SLKR can beat JML, there would be far fewer complaints. If SEE even supported Sith as much as SLKR supports Sith--not to mention how well SLKR works with FO--there would be far fewer complaints. But because SEE is totally imbalanced, here we are.

I am drawing conclusions because I did a couple of battles against the so called bad see and guess what, see wasn't as bad as people are whining about.

there are dozens of videos showing see with different squad constellations beating kylo, even if he is a hard counter to see.
    you should do your homework yourself before talking, omg.

btw, luke in the jericho squad is modded differently than the usual protection based modding, so not ideal against different squads in gac/tw.
    Again, I'd strongly suggest reading back on the thread. You seem to think that you found videos or counters that we haven't already discussed, but that's incorrect.

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties battling SEE with Rey.

I tried some non gl teams to test because they were mentioned here and I came to the conclusion that some stuff here is overexaggerated.

I don't know why people think they should reliably beat kylo with see. slkr struggles against jml and jml should struggle against see.
    it's called paper, stone, scissors a lot of people wanted.

If you would read here yourself you should have noticed me saying that see needs a tweak but you seem to miss some stuff yourself
  • Options
    yes, if Sith Trooper or Hux are not stunned, battle will be lost, reliable counter means the system like GAS +5s + smb have against SLKR, other 3 Gls counters each other without inventing a wheel. Reliable counter means that you definitely know who should be used and how that brings you victory with a high chance.

this is what I mean, lots of people throw in a video and stating : oh look how bad see is if even padme can beat him.
    this is exactely the same.

fyi, there are other vids from see beating kylo\

but I guess the opponents have bad mods or super lucky battles or whatever 🙄.
    No, it's not exactly the same. There are significant differences and the people who have been discussing these battles and mechanics know the differences and why these actually are lucky battles. Mods have little to do with it for the most part because SEE is so weak that mods can't help him.

I would strongly suggest reading back through the thread before jumping to conclusions and thinking you know as much as everyone else. After you catch up to speed, maybe then come in with a more informed opinion.

FWIW, if there was a way for SEE to beat SLKR the way SLKR can beat JML, there would be far fewer complaints. If SEE even supported Sith as much as SLKR supports Sith--not to mention how well SLKR works with FO--there would be far fewer complaints. But because SEE is totally imbalanced, here we are.

I am drawing conclusions because I did a couple of battles against the so called bad see and guess what, see wasn't as bad as people are whining about.

there are dozens of videos showing see with different squad constellations beating kylo, even if he is a hard counter to see.
    you should do your homework yourself before talking, omg.

btw, luke in the jericho squad is modded differently than the usual protection based modding, so not ideal against different squads in gac/tw.
    Again, I'd strongly suggest reading back on the thread. You seem to think that you found videos or counters that we haven't already discussed, but that's incorrect.

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties battling SEE with Rey.

I tried some non gl teams to test because they were mentioned here and I came to the conclusion that some stuff here is overexaggerated.

I don't know why people think they should reliably beat kylo with see. slkr struggles against jml and jml should struggle against see.
    it's called paper, stone, scissors a lot of people wanted.

If you would read here yourself you should have noticed me saying that see needs a tweak but you seem to miss some stuff yourself

Hey, SLKR doesn't struggle against JML, with SE Team he annihilates Jedi easily
  • Options
    Rock, paper, scissors would be okay if power levels were actually balanced to set that up. But since SLKR is pretty much the predominant GL before SEE came, this is like the DR meta where GG nuke could smoke DR but GG nuke could also get thrown down a couple hundred ranks because any high relic JKR squad could beat it.

But in that case, the droid nuke squad was a lot cheaper of an investment than SEE is, despite the nuke squad's fairly niche ability to use enemy ferocity for mad damage. In most cases, SEE seems more like a super expensive reworked IPD than a GL.

There are definitely some exaggerated counters, but the point isn't that these counters can be easily modded and set up and can beat every Sith squad, but rather that they show SEE's weaknesses. And in many cases these are Sith squads that would otherwise perform much better, but SEE sabotages them rather than helps them. I get that SEE being selfish like this is kinda part of his kit, but it's a weakness that isn't really balanced by an equivalent strength in most scenarios.
  • Options
    And now 26 days since Dojo commented. The only "official" reply in this leviathan of a thread.
  • Options
    SEE is terrible on defense. Oh well. Hes a great JML counter on offense. A pretty heavy investment with pretty much only 1 use, but its a real good use to have. I went for SEE, after having SLKR, before JML and have no regrets.
    Plus, Id imagine SEE isnt people's first GL. If he is, youve made a big mistake.
    Watch him end up tearing up new rancor raid too.
  • Options
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    SEE is terrible on defense. Oh well. Hes a great JML counter on offense. A pretty heavy investment with pretty much only 1 use, but its a real good use to have. I went for SEE, after having SLKR, before JML and have no regrets.
    Plus, Id imagine SEE isnt people's first GL. If he is, youve made a big mistake.

Ah yes. He's so good in a raid where his mastery resets, his link can't be used, his link only inflicts expose that has been neutered against raid bosses, and the enemy is a DS target so he doesn't even get bonus damage.

Ah yes. the complete powerhouse. I suggest reading his kit or testing him in all our current raids to see how wrong you are.
  • pånøs
    152 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Shiryu wrote: »

Ah yes. He's so good in a raid where his mastery resets, his link can't be used, his link only inflicts expose that has been neutered against raid bosses, and the enemy is a DS target so he doesn't even get bonus damage.

Ah yes. the complete powerhouse. I suggest reading his kit or testing him in all our current raids to see how wrong you are.

Sounds a lot like **** rey. /shrug
    And let me quote all slkr owners during rey outcry, "you knew the kit before you go for it"
  • Options
    pånøs wrote: »

Sounds a lot like **** rey. /shrug

Rey can 100+ mil damage p1 and p2
  • Options

Ah yes another whiner who just wants to put out negative posts for the purpose of being negative.
    Ah yes. Somebody who doesn't have great reading comprehension.
    I never said he was good in raids, just that he MIGHT BE in the new Rancor.
    Maybe he will, maybe he wont. But thanks for your post and not adding anything to the conversation.
  • Options

Ah yes another whiner who just wants to put out negative posts for the purpose of being negative.
    Ah yes. Somebody who doesn't have great reading comprehension.
    I never said he was good in raids, just that he MIGHT BE in the new Rancor.
    Maybe he will, maybe he wont. But thanks for your post and not adding anything to the conversation.

Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. There is literally 0 reason to believe he will be good for the new raid, unless they explicitly adds something like "Sith GLs deals 10 000% more dmg". Might as well theorise that Tuskens will be usefull.
  • Options
    Can he even solo heroic pit?
  • Options
    MikKro wrote: »

He cant do HAAT, not sure about pit
  • Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    MikKro wrote: »

He cant do HAAT, not sure about pit

Seriously? I mean, HAAT is not an issue but that's kinda sad.. Devastating attacker cant stop a coughing droid and his tank
  • Options

I would love to hear the exact reasoning as to why it was a mistake for me to go for SEE first when he was advertised as a GL with comparable strength to existing ones.
  • str2019
    64 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. There is literally 0 reason to believe he will be good for the new raid, unless they explicitly adds something like "Sith GLs deals 10 000% more dmg". Might as well theorise that Tuskens will be usefull.

They could make the sideguards to have a lot of prot and taunt when they have prot. That way Kylo could not go past them, SEE would drain the prot and JML would ignore taunt. Then have the Gamorreans' basic hand over TM in 1% packets 10 times to the opposing team and Kylo is done. Or better, have that extra TM affect both teams so that Rey would also get something.
  • Options
    Decado wrote: »

I would love to hear the exact reasoning as to why it was a mistake for me to go for SEE first when he was advertised as a GL with comparable strength to existing ones.

Cause that's the issue. He doesn't have comparable strength. His damage and team utility is worse then the other 3 GL's.
  • Options

Cause that's the issue. He doesn't have comparable strength. His damage and team utility is worse then the other 3 GL's.

Plus, we have been waiting for almost 2 months to receive clear response from CG regarding SEE’s disastrous state —— and just nothing at all, CG seems have already forgotten about this thread, even Kyno didn’t post about a week in this thread.
  • Options
    So question to CG, what’s the point of this forum if all players’ efforts bring just nothing. I’m not talking about emergency actions, they don’t even want to provide response to people in this thread having about 2000 posts and 50 000 views. I find this very very hypocritical from CG’s side
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett any updates you can give? Even a comment that this thread is still being monitored?
  • Options
    So question to CG, what’s the point of this forum if all players’ efforts bring just nothing. I’m not talking about emergency actions, they don’t even want to provide response to people in this thread having about 2000 posts and 50 000 views. I find this very very hypocritical from CG’s side

To be fair it's mainly around 20 -30 very vocal players generally stamping their feet. CG will look at these numbers and there is doubt they will feel any pressure to do anything about it.
    SEE is a very strong character agaisnt jedi being a hard counter to JML, is able to take trash sith and 4/4 everytime in Geo TB and has pretty low requirements when put against other GL. Most people in my guild and arena shard agreed before his release that whilst he will be strong he will be the lesser of GL, this due to him appearing to be there to give a new whale the opportunity to spend big and get a GL early in their game. Even with this in mind there are 4 veterans in my kraken shard who choose to run SEE for climbing and leave him in overnight so he cannot be that bad if they choose him over their other 3 GLS.
    As for raids... there is only one GL king of the raids and that is SLKR. There is a small difference between the other 3 but for all intents and purposes they are lackluster as hell in this department. Dont forget there where pages and pages of people complaining about the lack of balance between SLKR and REY and CG did absolutely nothing to address those grievances and I think this is going to end exactly the same
  • Options

I am well aware. However he is explicitly saying "you made a mistake going for this GL as your first", which is frankly ****, as what was advertised was a comparable character. Which it is not. Thus it is not the players making a mistake choosing this toon, it is CG not delivering the character we were told to expect.
  • Options

I am well aware. However he is explicitly saying "you made a mistake going for this GL as your first", which is frankly ****, as what was advertised was a comparable character. Which it is not. Thus it is not the players making a mistake choosing this toon, it is CG not delivering the character we were told to expect.

Fully agree with you on this. CG implemented a lackluster character claiming he was on par with the previous two GLs.

And to play devils advocate JML could use a small touch up on his ultimate (mainly generation for it) but in every other aspect he's fine.
  • Options
    Deany123 wrote: »

To be fair it's mainly around 20 -30 very vocal players generally stamping their feet. CG will look at these numbers and there is doubt they will feel any pressure to do anything about it.
    SEE is a very strong character agaisnt jedi being a hard counter to JML, is able to take trash sith and 4/4 everytime in Geo TB and has pretty low requirements when put against other GL. Most people in my guild and arena shard agreed before his release that whilst he will be strong he will be the lesser of GL, this due to him appearing to be there to give a new whale the opportunity to spend big and get a GL early in their game. Even with this in mind there are 4 veterans in my kraken shard who choose to run SEE for climbing and leave him in overnight so he cannot be that bad if they choose him over their other 3 GLS.
    As for raids... there is only one GL king of the raids and that is SLKR. There is a small difference between the other 3 but for all intents and purposes they are lackluster as hell in this department. Dont forget there where pages and pages of people complaining about the lack of balance between SLKR and REY and CG did absolutely nothing to address those grievances and I think this is going to end exactly the same

Most players don't visit the forums. So while yes its 30-50 people here there's A LOT more on discords, line chat, and even a few reddit posts all saying SEE is lackluster and the worst GL.

Most call him a legendary character as thats what his kit feels like.
  • Options

Most players don't visit the forums. So while yes its 30-50 people here there's A LOT more on discords, line chat, and even a few reddit posts all saying SEE is lackluster and the worst GL.

Yep exactly. My shard chat, everyone knows SEE is terrible. It actually worked to my advantage - my shard mates feel so sorry for me they don't attack me unless absolutely necessary to move up - so it has actually been a weird blessing for me in Arena.

But it would still be cool to be able to use SEE anywhere else in the game. For Arena, he's decent and useful, but still behind the other 3 GLs. But the other 3 GLs have a lot more utility in all of the other game modes. So if SEE is only going to be useful for Arena, he NEEDS TO BE BUFFED TO BE THE DOMINANT ARENA FORCE. DON'T RELEASE A GL THAT ONLY HAS ONE USE IN THE GAME AND MAKE HIM THE WORST AT IT.
  • Options

Yep exactly. My shard chat, everyone knows SEE is terrible. It actually worked to my advantage - my shard mates feel so sorry for me they don't attack me unless absolutely necessary to move up - so it has actually been a weird blessing for me in Arena.

But it would still be cool to be able to use SEE anywhere else in the game. For Arena, he's decent and useful, but still behind the other 3 GLs. But the other 3 GLs have a lot more utility in all of the other game modes. So if SEE is only going to be useful for Arena, he NEEDS TO BE BUFFED TO BE THE DOMINANT ARENA FORCE. DON'T RELEASE A GL THAT ONLY HAS ONE USE IN THE GAME AND MAKE HIM THE WORST AT IT.

The entitlement is strong here
  • Options
    Blake085 wrote: »

The entitlement is strong here

The thread contribution is weak here

Wish I had as much time on my hands as you to troll.
  • Options

There's no indication SEE will be anything but terrible in any raid, but that's basically the value (and as you say an immensely expensive one) for people with multiple GLs. This line is the kicker: "If SEE is your first GL, you've made a big mistake." That really crappy imo.

People with multiple GLs will generally pick up SEE, use him here or there, but not rely on him. People who have to rely GL as a GL on his own are going to be disappointed, are going to wind up with relatively, poor performance in every game mode, and will very likely have been misled by CG's misrepresentations regarding SEE's power and abilities.

The misrepresentation is something CG could clear up right now.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    TBH this whole situation reminds me of why I'm close to 100% F2P. I might wind up dumping my hoard on SEE just because I like Sith and don't like the sequel trilogy (if I'm in a "yolo" mood), but regardless, the short-term focus on getting players to buy relics instead of working on content or stuff like Sidious reworks (or really testing new meta toons, eg. releasing Malak, being shocked EP exists, and then making Malak a Sith counter) just doesn't really make me feel valued as a consumer. And that's reflected by CG's refusal thus far to make a case for SEE's value, in the context of this scandal--a particularly egregious example due to the bait-and-switch nature of how SEE was sold.

Sidious might get my relics, but the only way CG is getting my money is if I feel like they value the license and the players. I'm not saying that's not happening, but it seems like there's a choice to be made here between the promise of SEE's theme and strength as a GL, and other interests involving doing nothing and hoping people dump relics on him.
    Post edited by dgree on
This discussion has been closed.