4/14 Update: General Comments Megathread

Replies

• Options
    I agree..the update just angers me. These freemium games just kill the joy of video games.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Here Here.

This is definitely a step in the right direction. I wish protection was probably half of what it was... but, for right now I will deal.

• Options
    ElGuapu wrote: »
    Is this the softlaunch for Bernie Sanders?

I don't know why you're dissing Bernie, he'll be good for immigrants like you!

Lol...Vaders_Underwear, do you even know what a plethora is?

Me no english good

• Options
    O.M.G..... Why you mad bro? Don't think it will all work out in the end? Way to freak half a day into changes...
  • Options
    Dario wrote: »
    I absolutely hate it :( ruined it a bit for me and it just frustrates me what's your guys opinions on it?.

I hate it too, I put a lot of time in building my Jedi's up for Yoda and also making them strong enough for all the Darth Sid squads in GW to see that they weakened the krap out of my squad because of there stupid balancing update but Geo didn't get touched. I take it that they never heard the saying if it's not broke don't fix it. Thanks alot
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    You really think they did all that testing to revert back because a few loud mouths on the forum want them to?
  • Options
    Really good points here - well said. I did GW today before the update today - so curious to see how it goes going forward.
  • Options
    Wow the just broke the game utterly. Daily challanges way to hard now, thats not what you want for "quick fix" game like this. Besides GW and arena takes forever now, the exitement is gone. Healthbars looks crappy and "protection" is NOT doing any good to gameplay what so ever. Never felt the need to post untill now. Please rethink and revert the worst patch of all times
  • Options
    This update is awesome! Away with the OP speed teams, dooku, qgj, and sidious metas. Make way for the First Order's onslaught!
  • Options
    I hope the next update allows players to transfer gear and credits to other players. That way everyone who is about to quit can send me their stuffs
  • ElGuapu
    190 posts Member
    Options

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Your American comedic cultural reference no good?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6E682C7Jj4
  • Options
    Absolutely horrible update, my team's are nerfed and I wasn't even running meta speed teams. The individuals who are defending this update obviously haven't logged in yet. Got to find another game now, I registered just so I could post about how bad the update is .... Very upsetting
  • Options
    Zenbane wrote: »
    I hope the next update allows players to transfer gear and credits to other players. That way everyone who is about to quit can send me their stuffs

That's a good one ;)
    EmpereurDuNord - QC force
  • Options

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

It's good enough to know that he was "El Guapo." Even with the mere two years of Spanish I took in HS along with the Spanglish I've learned working in the real world, I've never heard of the word "guapu."

• Options
    I am not sure why the protection aspect was added as it is another mechanic to battle that mostly worked well. The re-working of so many characters at once is a lot to cope with. My issue is that I do not have the time or money to continually change focus in my grind to try and keep up with the monthly meta change. I am forced to step back and wait to see if the game settles on a balanced meta allowing for many viable squad types. If this happens it will be worth grinding again.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Okay, just to clarify difference. Yesterday I simmed 8-G and cleared it. 3 74* and 2 70*.

Today, same team but ahsoka upped to 74*. Can't clear it. Not even close to clear it.

Who asked for this update?
  • Options
    Lvl 73 and all 7* and can't finish battles in squad cantina..... having major rage break downs rn.

one other thing how come the toons in challenges and cantina battles don't have "protection" when you do, which are absolutely useless.....

They are good ideas, but terribly executed
  • Options
    After playing for a couple of hours, I am disappointed. It takes 4x as long to complete anything. My time is valuable and this game is not worth it as adjusted. Offensive seems degraded, I am missing much more often and the new bars seem to randomly lower when attacked. When does Barissa do more damage than Lum's special attack?
  • Options
    After this update, I will certainly not spend one more penny on it. Shark becomes much more difficult to collect, and enemy becomes much stronger. By the way, I am top 100 player. However, I cannot defeat a simply enemy now.
  • Options
    I HATE how the new battles play. It is sluggish and boring and makes the AI look even ****. Which is terrible because I just want to get it over with but if I click 'Auto' then the AI makes the dumbest moves and the battle takes even longer. So I am forced to sit there and chug this horrible new battle system. I am quitting the game unless things are changed. I just made this account at EA so I could express how ruined this game is for me now.
  • Options
    Toonny wrote: »

The trick is keep at least a debuff on them.

Man I really wanted to see at least someone beat them... please post a vid of a win, so people keep hoping... I got real close, with only Veers left and almost dead, with Lumi doing a dodge, but Veers did his special 3 times in a row...yeah people are whining but they're right... The magnitude of the nerf is massive!
    EmpereurDuNord - QC force
  • Options
    WTH... now the daily challenges are impossible. level 72, gear 8 nearly 9 and struggling with challenge Tier IV of STR gear (for today), had to jump to Tier III which is sad sad sad. I dont mind the idea of this update. but i feel they have beefed up many NPCs and nerfed some of the fan-favorites. if they dont tweak the update i doubt ill play much longer. sorry EA Capital Games :/
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options

Across the board, combat takes foreeeeever, even in auto, it's painful. My near maxed toons (except that they're 74) can't complete STR challenge, not even close, where I did it in auto this morning without issue. The Protection mechanic, feels clunky, overly slow, and hurts longer modes like the Dark n Light side and ESPECIALLY Galactic War. Heals are far less useful in that you can't regenerate protection.

Coming out the end of the day really disappointed. Haven't even looked at Arena yet, but I don't really want to. This patch needs drastic helps. The protection bit, while I get the initial concept, is just not working out the way it was described.

Here's to hoping they correct some larger mechanical issues introduced with the protection and rebalancing patch.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Worst update ever. Challenges I used to be able to beat with barely any damage is now difficult. The health and damage are so out of whack it's not even funny. The enemie's bug health bar doesn't even deplete, tells you how much they've actually tested this. If this isn't fixed I'm done sadly I've been playing this from day 1 but this is so disappointing. feel like my hard work meant nothing
  • Options
    Yesterday I was stuck on the second-to-last GW battle so I left it incomplete. About 10 minutes ago, post-update, I tried it again and won without a single character dying. Not to mention easily winning an Arena battle post-update.

I have yet to encounter a single problem that some people are complaining about.
  • ElGuapu
    190 posts Member
    Options

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

It's good enough to know that he was "El Guapo." Even with the mere two years of Spanish I took in HS along with the Spanglish I've learned working in the real world, I've never heard of the word "guapu."

Yo no even hablo, El Guapo's just the name of my Chihuahua....

I was really looking forward to guilds and raids and all that...feels like we're on the Titanic and those thoughts have been replaced with lifeboat concerns...

BTW....this quote function kinda sucks too!
  • Options
    I really liked this game alot so much that I even quit playing my PS4 to play it and I even put a good bit of money into it to but since that update I can't stand to even play it anymore so it looks like I'll be getting back on my PlayStation until they fix's this crap
  • Options
    Today's patch broke a whole lot of stuff with the game. The whole thing felt like a 6 year old stole dad's keys to the liquor cabinet, got wasted, and hit Enter. Seriously. It's like no one tested any of this even as a joke.

1. Simple - portrait tracker of targetted enemy does not do what it's supposed to.

2. The protection/shield feature you put in was something that literally no one requested ever. It's like the quote "Sexy Prius" - said no one ever. Same thing here. The whole idea of shield is just stupid. I actually am all for not dying in 2 hits (we've all had games against QGJ and Dooku teams that leaves my 5 player team to 4 even before I get any say in this), but the implementation is just not working. Increase the health points coefficient per level or gear tier or whatever, but protection is just dumb.

3. The health bars. Who thought the design of these is nice or even works? Can't tell how much health a toon has. Also it seems to be progressively stacked i.e. the first 2/3s of the health bar barely move. Then the last third can be taken out by a main attack from a low damage dealer character. Just complete clusterfu**.

4. Dodges, dodges everywhere! Since patch the amount of dodge in the game seems to have gone through the roof. Example - my last Arena match I ran out of time on the 5 minutes. That NEVER happens. NEVER! I always have good 3 minutes left on timer. 2 minutes left if the team had like Daka, Sid, Lumi, JC + on the team and everything went to **** on RNG. This last game I had 5 characters left, and my 5 minutes were up while the opposing person had 1 character at full health and 1 was at about 25%. I was going to win this without a doubt, but I needed 2 more minutes. Dodge, after dodge, after dodge, after dodge. On both my team and theirs. Now I don't know, maybe you want Arena games to take 10 minutes (I personally think 3 mins is perfect). But if you want them to be 10 minutes you need to remove the timer limit.

5. Challenges are broken now (or at least the STR gear one today). I have a team that doesTier IV challenge (lvl 72) on autoplay before the patch. After the patch I could not beat it even if I sold my soul to the devil. I tried like 10 times - can't even kill ONE of the 2 Stage 3 bosses. I went one tier down - to Tier III challenge - I couldn't even do THAT on autoplay. That is 10 levels lower than my current level and with Tier VIII gear and 6 and 7 star characters. Something is seriously broken.

6. Galactic War is a clusterf*** again. The patch hit when I was on node 9. There's no way in hell to compete this now. We had this problem about a month ago or so. Are we there again? Where GW is basically unwinnable unless you get the nod from God, and every single RNG plays in your favor and it happens once every 3 months?

Come on guys. You had a good game going. How about play testing a patch before you release it to the public? I know I'm done spending money. I've probably sunk good $80-ish in here. Not worth it. Game used to be fun. Not anymore. Time to move on unless this gets rolled back and/or fixed pretty darn quick.
  • Options

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

Me no english good

BTW....this quote function kinda sucks too!

Well, it was coded by EA....

• Unoh
    1 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, this is the worst update in a game I've ever seen.
    Everything takes double the time, most of challenges are quite harder... sorry, this update isn't for the players!