Precraft gear gap has only worsened as time goes on

Prev13456789
Asavanor
197 posts Member
It is getting very tiresome seeing tier 11 QGJ in arena and GW while mine will remain tier 8 for at least another month. The droid caller debacle has to be fixed. I recommend removing raid gear requirements from all tier 9-11 gear. Then make tier 12 the new raid gear tier.

Replies

• Options
    Working as intended.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    How many heroics have you done? Most of my guild has gotten 3-5 full drops plus crafted another 3-5.

If you aren't doing heroics, don't expect end game gear without doing end game content.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It is a major problem in the arena. On my shard you can't even break the top 15 without being on gear X and XI. The top is filled with precrafters and whales who are only moving further ahead while the rest of us wait it out.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera is this going to be addressed today? The complaints are only getting louder. Something really has to be done for the good of the game.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    How many heroics have you done? Most of my guild has gotten 3-5 full drops plus crafted another 3-5.

If you aren't doing heroics, don't expect end game gear without doing end game content.

Yet people who precrafted multiple of these have had 'end game' content for quite a while now. Also those who find furnaces in shipments. That reasoning isn't going to fly in this situation.
  • Options

(Bad)RNG is RNG. We have people in our guild who have yet to receive any droid callers or droid caller salvage. Sitting at 200 furnace salvage. And yes we do heroic.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    It is a major problem in the arena. On my shard you can't even break the top 15 without being on gear X and XI. The top is filled with precrafters and whales who are only moving further ahead while the rest of us wait it out.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera is this going to be addressed today? The complaints are only getting louder. Something really has to be done for the good of the game.

+1

Raid gear should never have been added as a requirement to existing gear. Hugest bungle in gaming history. Imagine if Blizzard suddenly changed the gear drops in heroic dungeons to never include any exotic gear and then made such exotic gear only obtainable in raids but also required to enter the raids. Only the lucky few who already had all the required gear would be able to raid and continue to progress. Everyone else would be left out in the cold forever. This is exactly what happened when tier 9 gear requirements were arbitrarily changed
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

(Bad)RNG is RNG. We have people in our guild who have yet to receive any droid callers or droid caller salvage. Sitting at 200 furnace salvage. And yes we do heroic.

Yup. I had to purchase my furnaces using guild currency. I dont spend on shards.

Even after getting QGJ to g9, i am 10/50 more furnaces and we do t6 almost every other day.

Gonna say this is an actual issue that is seriously terrible. If you dont have a supreme heroic guild, you CANNOT progress. Guilds shouldnt be a brickwall for people who want to play solo.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

Yet people who precrafted multiple of these have had 'end game' content for quite a while now. Also those who find furnaces in shipments. That reasoning isn't going to fly in this situation.

Exactly!
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options

So make posts complaining about RNG instead of pre crafting.

• hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

How does no one understand that doing heroic on a regular basis is the land of the precrafters and whales who've bought lots of furnaces?

The gear gap is self compounding.
  • Options

That's about the gist of it. I'm totally F2P, didn't pre-craft and have a gear 10 QGJ, gear 9 (almost 10, don't need more raid gear, though) Phasma, gear 9 Han and almost gear 9 (need stun cuffs, have the furnace) Rey.

• Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The droid callers were able to be crafted insanely easily prior to the change. To call them 'end game' content is not cool.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    garublador wrote: »

That's about the gist of it. I'm totally F2P, didn't pre-craft and have a gear 10 QGJ, gear 9 (almost 10, don't need more raid gear, though) Phasma, gear 9 Han and almost gear 9 (need stun cuffs, have the furnace) Rey.

Unless you've been raiding like a fiend and getting lucky drops, you bought those furnaces in shipments. There are tons of people who haven't gotten any raid gear salvage/full drops for droid callers and those who precrafted have had toons at a higher gear level for a while without worrying about it, only moving on to higher gears.

It's a problem. Everyone is aware of it, even the devs. We're only waiting for a solution.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

@slickdealer
    Except, pre-crafters are top of their guild dps which nets them more gear which nets them better dps which nets them more gear which.....

etc...

Meanwhile, people who didnt pre-craft are stuck getting less gear, not being able to do heroics, and are frozen in power. So... yea.. you are wrong
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Even if I had ten droid callers so far from raiding I would still cry foul on the precrafting debacle. It is unbelievably unfair to have gear that was once an easily farmable non raid piece suddenly be changed to a raid only piece.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Asavanor wrote: »
    Even if I had ten droid callers so far from raiding I would still cry foul on the precrafting debacle. It is unbelievably unfair to have gear that was once an easily farmable non raid piece suddenly be changed to a raid only piece.

@Asavanor
    Not only that, but its now based solely on a DAILY rng instead of multiple times a day (sim ticket farming).

That literally means those 10-15 sims we use to get one piece? Its now 10-15 DAYS before you get a single piece.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »

@Asavanor
    Not only that, but its now based solely on a DAILY rng instead of multiple times a day (sim ticket farming).

That literally means those 10-15 sims we use to get one piece? Its now 10-15 DAYS before you get a single piece.

Excellent point.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    The sad thing is, no matter how hard some of us try, it's impossible currently to do well in the arena. There's literally nothing we can do but hope to get lucky raid drops. The top is really that far ahead.

I don't even do arena refreshes since it's pointless and have to settle for somewhere in the top 100 until something is done.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    At this point I don't think it has much with precrafting and it has every thing to do with whales and raiding.

My guild has a lot of lower level people in it so we've only done T5 raids. We're pushing them to do T6 in order to open up Heroics so the higher ups can start to progress once again. I'm on an older server shard and have several whales in the top 20 so I am seeing the issue more and more in the arena.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Even leviathan whales guild hopping twice a day can't obtain droid callers as easily as those who farmed them pre patch. The farm was laughably easy with 20 blue vials being the most time consuming pieces obtain.
  • Options
    The simple matter is they messed up and now it can't be undone.

But it can and should be lessened and just take more care in the future.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/35850/adding-a-new-way-to-progress-using-your-different-tokens/p1
  • Options

But I didn't make a post complaining about pre-crafting? I mean I think it's terrible for the game and I can see why it frustrates some people. But I pre-crafted (a lot) so I'm ahead. B)
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/35850/adding-a-new-way-to-progress-using-your-different-tokens/p1

This would at least help lessen the gap.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Let's not let this issue be forgotten.
  • Options

This would at least help lessen the gap.

It would i didn't pre craft but i have bought many furnaces and used that to keep high rank in raids to get the gear i want.

I don't want guildies falling behind and some way to help them keep up doesn't hurt.
  • Options
    garublador wrote: »

Unless you've been raiding like a fiend and getting lucky drops, you bought those furnaces in shipments. There are tons of people who haven't gotten any raid gear salvage/full drops for droid callers and those who precrafted have had toons at a higher gear level for a while without worrying about it, only moving on to higher gears.

It's a problem. Everyone is aware of it, even the devs. We're only waiting for a solution.
    I had two lucky drops, a furnace and a scanner. I crafted two furnaces and one droid caller. I've only placed top 10 in a raid once (most of one of those furnaces), 15 once and the rest were anywhere from 20-40. We don't exclusively do heroic raids, either. I saved my guild currency to buy raid gear salvage, which is how I was able to craft so many items.

I have seen the issue, though. I was able to fight for #1 in arena before pre-crafting and one refresh and now I sit comfortably in the top 50 with no refreshes. With 1 refresh I could get to top 20, but that's a bunch of extra time for pretty minimal gains. I really doubt I could get higher than that, I just don't have enough gear. I just want to show that it's not impossible to get raid gear. You have to find a guild that does raids and save up those guild tokens.

The solution is that eventually we'll have raid gear, too. It's not ideal and a pretty bad way to handle that type of situation, but I don't think anything will be done about it.

• Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    My guild is only doing tier 5. We currently need more contributing members with better rosters to attempt the higher tiers. I personally have 13 7* tier 8 and 9 level 78 - 80 characters.
  • Tycho
    52 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I know... everyone should get 50 free furnaces, 50 free droid callers. Perfect ending to a disgusting story. Thanks for making it so EA.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Tycho wrote: »
    I know... everyone should get 50 free furnaces, 50 free droid callers. Perfect ending to a disgusting story. Thanks for making it so EA.

@Tycho
    Joking or not, yea.. They really just need to put an end to it by actually showing they messed up by purposely destroying half their player base.

Honestly, no one would freaking complain if they just FIXED G8 TIERS!

Like, we arnt even asking for g9 gear. We just want the gear required to REACH g9. It wouldnt be such an issue then.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on