The Jedi Knight Anakin changes ***Megathread***

Replies

• Options
    Bora wrote: »
    Tried him against some evasion leader. He's great, but his leader ability either is not working as intended or the wording in its description is misleading.
    It states: "Base: Jedi and Clone allies gain 10% Offense and 10% Critical Damage and other allies gain half that amount. Whenever an ally is Evaded, they gain Advantage for 2 turns."
    But actually only the one that missed an attack gains advantage. Am I reading it wrong or is he bugged?

You're reading it wrong. It's working as intended. 'They' is referring to the attacker, not the team.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure if my eyes are playing tricks with me but I logged on to check payout and had a messege that he had been updated. Quickly went play a match with him and seen his AoE hit for 18k. I just woke up from a nap also so maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me I don't know. Looking forward to reset time and checking him out more tommorrow.

His AoE is now one of the tops in the game.. JKA is for real.

you testing him out @BentWookiee if so, what teams? I'm really trying to find the best way to push him into the meta.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    @Xenith @TyGonJinn27 thank you guys, I was wondering why did they used plural!
    Res non verba
  • Options
    I am not atm.. I just know his AoE damage is real, I run Clones ATM (Rex,5's,Echo) and I am intrigued but his new found synergy.. unfortunately tonight is kind of busy for me.. :|

I will play with him tomorrow. :)

Can he beat a rex lead?
  • Options
    Not sure if my eyes are playing tricks with me but I logged on to check payout and had a messege that he had been updated. Quickly went play a match with him and seen his AoE hit for 18k. I just woke up from a nap also so maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me I don't know. Looking forward to reset time and checking him out more tommorrow.

His AoE is now one of the tops in the game.. JKA is for real.

Took me 5 months of farming hard nodes only. Glad I did:)
  • Options
    kbonifay wrote: »
    The guy can drop a 16k+ aoe bomb and attacks a lot with TM gain on his unique...is a huge really fast tank. He's quite good.
    You serious :o? I'm kinda mad I didn't farm him now. I feel like I have two options, gear up my count Dooku, or farm anakin. I think it's kinda cool how Dooku counters him lol. I think I'll farm anakin though, his lead ability seems extremely powerful.

In the right situation yes.

His base AOE damage is 4040-4464 per SWGOHGG
    Put him as leader he gets 30% offense
    Now give him offense up somehow it's 50% more
    Now use the AOE after his unique procs and it's 75% more
    Then take all that by 50% if it's a crit and don't forget to increase the crit damage by 20% due to his leader as well

I had his basic hit one time for >11K on a crit

He's solid...

what teams are you testing @JohnnySteelAlpha

JKA leader, rex, Phasma, QGJ, and GS initially
  • Options
    Ah very nice
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options
    I am not atm.. I just know his AoE damage is real, I run Clones ATM (Rex,5's,Echo) and I am intrigued but his new found synergy.. unfortunately tonight is kind of busy for me.. :|

I will play with him tomorrow. :)

Can he beat a rex lead?

hard to tell if he is better than rex with clones. however the potential damage output he could provide is something to think about. hope to hear back from you on your testing. dont stay too bust. ;)
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options
    The guy can drop a 16k+ aoe bomb and attacks a lot with TM gain on his unique...is a huge really fast tank. He's quite good.
    You serious :o? I'm kinda mad I didn't farm him now. I feel like I have two options, gear up my count Dooku, or farm anakin. I think it's kinda cool how Dooku counters him lol. I think I'll farm anakin though, his lead ability seems extremely powerful.

Then take all that by 50% if it's a crit and don't forget to increase the crit damage by 20% due to his leader as well

He's solid...

lots of DPS. NICE!
  • Options
    He is legit. mIne is max geared 7*. I just tossed omega on all 3 abilities. He is stunned easy, but that lead is sick. 5's hits decent now, Rex hits solid. Dodge grants advantage. Love it. I obliterated Dooku builds. I'm waiting for a Ben to get up top with me to play.
  • Mol_Sign
    142 posts Member
    Options

With tenacity up, does JKA still get exposed?
  • Options

He's solid...

lots of DPS. NICE!

Faced him in a StHan / Echo / 5s / Rex set as well...was pretty tough. I lost 1/3 as I played it wrong at first with my own Rex and the AI focus fired him down. Even the others I lost a few toons and was taking damage. The damage output from his leader is noticeable.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Now if only I didn't need to have G10 toons to farm him in cantina. That final **** battle and 3*... Grumble grumble grumble.

@SlyGambit allow me to help you there PM me here or line bigboss34erick or add me in game 279-513-792 I did the last node with gear 8 toons and level 79

cool stuff man. thanks for offering help. :)

The offer is up for anyone I have 4 ally spots I just finished clearing from my ally list shard buddys that seem to have gone inactive.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Mol_Sign wrote: »

With tenacity up, does JKA still get exposed?

not as often as the ability might lead.

He's solid...

lots of DPS. NICE!

Faced him in a StHan / Echo / 5s / Rex set as well...was pretty tough. I lost 1/3 as I played it wrong at first with my own Rex and the AI focus fired him down. Even the others I lost a few toons and was taking damage. The damage output from his leader is noticeable.

yea, the hardest team I've fought has been AA (L), STHan, Phasma, Rey, QGJ. turn meter is insane with that squad.
  • Options

The singular "they" is a common, grammatically correct English pronoun in use for 500 years.

However, if English is not your native language, unfortunately you were probably taught that "they" can only be plural.

It's a weird language.
  • Mol_Sign
    142 posts Member
    Options

kk, thanks.

Trying to decide between Rey and Aayla in an Anakin comp. What's been your experience so far?
  • Options
    I have him 4* Gear X and he is pretty awesome. One farmable gear slot until Gear XI. Farming him now. The dodge leads are going to take a hit. I just ran him through a couple of GW nodes against dodge leads and I had up to 4 characters with Advantage. Pretty cool! I wonder if EE would be good so he could get rid of the Expose when he uses the AoE. I would put him in Arena right now if I had 5s! 5s will be a massive beast with Anakin lead.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Mol_Sign wrote: »

kk, thanks.

Trying to decide between Rey and Aayla in an Anakin comp. What's been your experience so far?

so far i have liked Rey, for obvious reasons. :) DAMAGE.. DAMAGE EVERYWHERE. (Rey's special attack leads with 16k crit)

my current team comp is Anakin (L), Rex, Rey, QGJ, Sun Fac

i will have to see how far i fall overnight to gauge the lineup, but all in all I'm excited to be able to use Anakin.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I have him 4* Gear X and he is pretty awesome. One farmable gear slot until Gear XI. Farming him now. The dodge leads are going to take a hit. I just ran him through a couple of GW nodes against dodge leads and I had up to 4 characters with Advantage. Pretty cool! I wonder if EE would be good so he could get rid of the Expose when he uses the AoE. I would put him in Arena right now if I had 5s! 5s will be a massive beast with Anakin lead.

the dispel effect is great for his expose. as someone mentioned Rex is perfect because of the additional tenacity up. I would look to akbar for the dispel also.
  • Mol_Sign
    142 posts Member
    Options
    so far i have liked Rey, for obvious reasons. :) DAMAGE.. DAMAGE EVERYWHERE. (Rey's special attack leads with 16k crit)

my current team comp is Anakin (L), Rex, Rey, QGJ, Sun Fac

i will have to see how far i fall overnight to gauge the lineup, but all in all I'm excited to be able to use Anakin.

Nice comp. Trying Anakin (L), Rex, Rey, QGJ, Aayla. See what happens w/o a taunt.
  • Options
    Yeah, don't have Rex. :(
    Heck I don't have any clones yet. Time to get busy. Rex would be perfect for the synergy.
  • Options
    RUIZ2279 wrote: »
    Why would you have a character get a negative effect on himself that is so dumb I have a maxed out Anakin used his special 2 times and both times exposed myself you didn't make him better he is basically the same expect for his special

You must use a different one than I did. 30% offense on clones and Jedi. %'s now hits. Rex hits very solid with him. Oh yeah, want to dodge me? I get advantage. Yeah completely the same,lol.

I popped him lead and obliterated Dooku lead like it was nothing. I just took the RG Han combo on, they put a fight as Daka resed Han twice Rey once and RG, but they fell hard to the chosen one. Not the same Ani at all.
  • Options
    having a lot of fun with these 2 teams:
    Anakin (L), Rex, QGJ, Aayla, Sun Fac
    Anakin (L), Rex, QGJ, Rey, Sun Fac

still testing.. getting close to maxing my arena battles LOL

I'll try them

I did

Ani, Q,Phasma,Rex, Fac

Ani,Fac,5s,Q,Rex
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    https://i.imgur.com/TVXcOTr.png
    (also killed Echo on the AOE)
    https://i.imgur.com/gj3AMsc.png

Sorry on phone, BBC code not working. here are some screen from recent battle.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options

The singular "they" is a common, grammatically correct English pronoun in use for 500 years.

However, if English is not your native language, unfortunately you were probably taught that "they" can only be plural.

It's a weird language.

This. I confirm that I'm not a native English speaker.. Thank you!
    Res non verba
  • Options
    Against droids he doesn't get a turn off. He definitely hits harder and has more use. Haven't found a great combo for him yet. 7 stars, level 75 G9 currently. I'll keep running my droids and B2. Thanks
  • Options
    @Bora sorry sorry. I didn't mean to come off as being blunt. You weren't reading it wrong. The way they listed it makes it difficult to interpret. "They" is more commonly used as plural, but can also be singular.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    @Bora sorry sorry. I didn't mean to come off as being blunt. You weren't reading it wrong. The way they listed it makes it difficult to interpret. "They" is more commonly used as plural, but can also be singular.

Np, i was really thanking you!
    Res non verba
  • Winters
    70 posts Member
    Options
    In the initial annoucement about the Anakin update you listed the following for his Righteous Fury unique ability:
    Unique: Righteous Fury
    Base: Whenever another ally falls below 50% health or is defeated, Anakin gains 60% Turn Meter and his next attack deals 25% more damage.
    Upgrade 1: +10% Turn Meter Gain
    Upgrade 2: +25% Damage
    Upgrade 3: +10% Turn Meter Gain
    Upgrade 4: +10% Turn Meter Gain
    Upgrade 5: +25% Damage
    Upgrade 6: +10% Turn Meter Gain
    Upgrade 7: +25% Damage

According to basic math when maxed out his bonus damage should be 100%

However I have it maxed out and it is only 75%. Is this a mistake or was it intentionally changed?
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I guess you could call this Return of the Jedi *Sunglasses*
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me