The Jedi Knight Anakin changes ***Megathread***

Replies

• Options
    All I know is today I am slicing through teams that hide behind RG. It's quite fun waiting to use his AoE for the perfect moment. Getting a whole team to 55% health, getting offense up and advantage then use his AoE and.....boom 4 bodies hitting the floor.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options
    All I know is today I am slicing through teams that hide behind RG. It's quite fun waiting to use his AoE for the perfect moment. Getting a whole team to 55% health, getting offense up and advantage then use his AoE and.....boom 4 bodies hitting the floor.

very nice.. what teams are you testing.. im back at it today. currently settled in on
    Anakin (L), Rex, Rey, QGJ, Sun Fac

want to test some yoda and Ahsoka today as well.
  • BeWary
    368 posts Member
    Options
    I love Anakin MK2. Good job CG!
  • Options
    kbonifay wrote: »

very nice.. what teams are you testing.. im back at it today. currently settled in on
    Anakin (L), Rex, Rey, QGJ, Sun Fac

want to test some yoda and Ahsoka today as well.

Anakin(L), QGJ, Rey, Yoda & Old Daka. I want to put Phasma back in, but for now this is the team I'm testing the waters with. I don't usually like to run all Jedi cause of count dooku, but today even the dooku lead teams w/ RG are dropping in a minute and forty-five seconds.

• BeWary
    368 posts Member
    Options
    ...I want to put Phasma back in, but for now this is the team I'm testing the waters with. I don't usually like to run all Jedi cause of count dooku, but today even the dooku lead teams w/ RG are dropping in a minute and forty-five seconds.

Yeah, Phasma is great for giving Ani Advantage b4 his AOE, which guarantees he's not exposed. I'm currently using Ani (L), Phasma, FOTP, QGJ, and Yoda.

My thought being that I'll have lots of crits and Offense Up, enhanced even more with Ani's leadership abilities. Eventually I'm planning to replace Yoda with Leia to increase crits even more.

Today I sailed through GW much faster than normal with this team, though I swapped in JC for Yoda for healing towards the end.
  • Options
    I really like the JKA update. I truly feel like EA reviewed our feedback and incorporated some of the aspects into it. I am VERY VERY happy that EA gave him shared synergy with the Clones, that was so awesome. Thanks for the JKA update EA!

@EA_Jesse
  • Options
    BeWary wrote: »
    ...I want to put Phasma back in, but for now this is the team I'm testing the waters with. I don't usually like to run all Jedi cause of count dooku, but today even the dooku lead teams w/ RG are dropping in a minute and forty-five seconds.

Yeah, Phasma is great for giving Ani Advantage b4 his AOE, which guarantees he's not exposed. I'm currently using Ani (L), Phasma, FOTP, QGJ, and Yoda.

My thought being that I'll have lots of crits and Offense Up, enhanced even more with Ani's leadership abilities. Eventually I'm planning to replace Yoda with Leia to increase crits even more.

Today I sailed through GW much faster than normal with this team, though I swapped in JC for Yoda for healing towards the end.

You're right about Phasma and JKA not being exposed. I noticed that in Galatic Wars today and it went by so fast. I'm so happy with how the devs reworked JKA. 5 months of farming him from hard nodes everyday and never missing a day made all that grind was so worth it.
  • Options
    Everyone complains about everything on here. Sickening. Every toon should have a ton of health, protection. Have a one hit skill. Oh and everything should be free.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    The opposing AI targets my anakin super heavily 0.0
  • BeWary
    368 posts Member
    Options
    ...I'm so happy with how the devs reworked JKA. 5 months of farming him from hard nodes everyday and never missing a day made all that grind was so worth it.

+1!!! He certainly was a pain in the b utt to farm. I did it mainly for Yoda, and after all that work, he was underwhelming at best. Now he's fun to use! :smiley:
  • Options
    Anyone else notice the A.I. bug with his aoe? Tested this in arena several times with a guild mate. He has JKA as lead, and A.I. does not uses his special attack at all, unless it is going for a kill. Think this may be a error/bug due to the previous special ability.

Thanks.
  • BeWary
    368 posts Member
    Options
    DarthJosh wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the A.I. bug with his aoe? Tested this in arena several times with a guild mate. He has JKA as lead, and A.I. does not uses his special attack at all, unless it is going for a kill. Think this may be a error/bug due to the previous special ability.

Thanks.

Interesting find, but did you keep Ani alive long enough each time to see what might happen over time?
  • Options
    Interesting find, but did you keep Ani alive long enough each time to see what might happen over time?

I ran Ani in Gw on auto - Didn't aoe at all on the 6games I watched. Probably needs some AI changes to be viable on defense.

That said Im having fun with him on offense, liking Phasma synergy
  • Options

Thanks.

Yes, kept him alive till last every time.
  • BeWary
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Lasserini wrote: »
    I ran Ani in Gw on auto - Didn't aoe at all on the 6games I watched. Probably needs some AI changes to be viable on defense.
    Yes, kept him alive till last every time.

Look like a new bug then. I'll report it in the Ani MK2 bug thread I made: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50244/anakin-mk2-bugs

Thanks guys.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

@JediMindTricks
    10k aoe buffed. Man... Pair him with rey, open with rey combo, finish with anakin through RG.

I hope this doesn't become the meta. I just got my rg to g9 ;_;
  • Options
    So uhh... should I begin farming Count Doodoo to counter all the anakin's? Actually wait I have him 7 starred. Should I begin gearing up count Doodoo? I can see a good core stun team with him daka and RG, helping stop all this Jedi madness I see about to begin. Anakin will make Plo koon, really really good. As well as qui gon even better, I'm afraid of all the syngeries anakin now has actually.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    So uhh... should I begin farming Count Doodoo to counter all the anakin's? Actually wait I have him 7 starred. Should I begin gearing up count Doodoo? I can see a good core stun team with him daka and RG, helping stop all this Jedi madness I see about to begin. Anakin will make Plo koon, really really good. As well as qui gon even better, I'm afraid of all the syngeries anakin now has actually.

I main Dooku. I am not entirely worried. Although, there is so much meat to the JKA, Aalya, Rex, 5s, RG/Echo team that was posted as a video here. I dread having to burn through all of them.
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »

I main Dooku. I am not entirely worried. Although, there is so much meat to the JKA, Aalya, Rex, 5s, RG/Echo team that was posted as a video here. I dread having to burn through all of them.

Dear god. Yeah that sounds like a very tough squad now. How are you liking Dooku? Is he maxed? I'm kinda debating on him getting either him and daka to gear 9... or Ackbar and Luke to gear 9. My only fear is that count Dooku has too little hp(he really needs his gear 11 to happen soon).. I feel as though this rework was well done, Anakin will be a monster in the arena. So many different syngeries.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Dear god. Yeah that sounds like a very tough squad now. How are you liking Dooku? Is he maxed? I'm kinda debating on him getting either him and daka to gear 9... or Ackbar and Luke to gear 9. My only fear is that count Dooku has too little hp(he really needs his gear 11 to happen soon).. I feel as though this rework was well done, Anakin will be a monster in the arena. So many different syngeries.

@EscapeArtist51
    I love my Dooku. I have been using him since I unlocked him. Not fully maxed, but g9 and slowly getting into 10.

He has low hp like he always has and he hasn't really changed much at all. I am farming Old Ben right now just so I can have a dodge TM team instead of an OU dodge team. Reason being: B2 on droid teams.

I also want to run Old Ben, RG, Rey, QGJ, GS instead of Dooku just to see if the TM gains will keep me more stable in arena rank. OB can't just be outright murdered by Rey, and every dodge giving my DPS more turns means more punishment, probably far more than OU can give.

Still, as an over-all opinion, if it wasn't for his leader ability I probably wouldn't even use Dooku. Not unless Jedi became prevalent.

*Edit* That over-all opinion is my objective look on him. I love his kit and his character in game. I just have to give objective advice and I know all his faults.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thanks.
    Yeah, it happens to other toons like Lando. Other issue is when opponent team has taunt up, so your squad never use AeO.

After alll the complaining about this, i can't believe devs still not fixed it!!

So anakin is good when u play with it, but when AI does, he's a meah toon.

• Options

@EscapeArtist51
    I love my Dooku. I have been using him since I unlocked him. Not fully maxed, but g9 and slowly getting into 10.

He has low hp like he always has and he hasn't really changed much at all. I am farming Old Ben right now just so I can have a dodge TM team instead of an OU dodge team. Reason being: B2 on droid teams.

I also want to run Old Ben, RG, Rey, QGJ, GS instead of Dooku just to see if the TM gains will keep me more stable in arena rank. OB can't just be outright murdered by Rey, and every dodge giving my DPS more turns means more punishment, probably far more than OU can give.

Still, as an over-all opinion, if it wasn't for his leader ability I probably wouldn't even use Dooku. Not unless Jedi became prevalent.
    Ahh, I see, yeah I have old Ben. At like 6 stars gear 9. He is better as it stands now but I have a new found fear of anakin becoming popular and good, I dunno why lol. I mostly fear the anakin, qui gon, and Rey, match ups that I know are coming. I've been getting #1 a lot at payout time lately, with just old Ben, RG, Phasma, Rey qui gon and sometimes genosian soldier... But it's super boring. And a generic meta team. Dooku, daka, Royal guard, Rey and qui gon, seems like a fun stun team to use, and I think I'll gear them up now actually. Just worried that Dooku might be a bad investment, once you make a bad investment on this game you're kinda screwed.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

@EscapeArtist51

Ahh, I see, yeah I have old Ben. At like 6 stars gear 9. He is better as it stands now but I have a new found fear of anakin becoming popular and good, I dunno why lol. I mostly fear the anakin, qui gon, and Rey, match ups that I know are coming. I've been getting #1 a lot at payout time lately, with just old Ben, RG, Phasma, Rey qui gon and sometimes genosian soldier... But it's super boring. And a generic meta team. Dooku, daka, Royal guard, Rey and qui gon, seems like a fun stun team to use, and I think I'll gear them up now actually. Just worried that Dooku might be a bad investment, once you make a bad investment on this game you're kinda screwed.

@EscapeArtist51
    Right now, outside of B2 teams, I still really like him. 90% of teams run QGJ and Dooku literally just shuts him down ALL game. No assists, no OU buff for the team, no TM reduction.

Dooku is still amazingly fast, so unless QGJ is leader he usually eats the lightning stun turn 1. That's incredibly useful vs. teams like Phasma/Rey/GS/IG86/QGJ.

My Rey coinflips their rey, followed by a Dooku shutdown of QGJ. It's pretty much 5v4 for the rest of the fight since QGJ spends his time with ability block or stun on him almost all game.

Defense is where it sucks to use Dooku. Anyone with a brain can just save him for last or one shot him with Rey, or finish him with a Rey + GS + Assist.

That's why I want to go with OB, at least to experiment. I'll lose my ability to control QGJ, but gain TM and offense down for the entire team. Not sure how usefull that will be in the long run. I can only try it and find out. OB currently at 5* and g5. Working on getting him to at least g8 before I shove him out there. I dont much need the 2 extra * levels as they dont add to his potency nor do I necessarily want Ben to live :)
  • Options

@EscapeArtist51

@EscapeArtist51
    Right now, outside of B2 teams, I still really like him. 90% of teams run QGJ and Dooku literally just shuts him down ALL game. No assists, no OU buff for the team, no TM reduction.

Dooku is still amazingly fast, so unless QGJ is leader he usually eats the lightning stun turn 1. That's incredibly useful vs. teams like Phasma/Rey/GS/IG86/QGJ.

My Rey coinflips their rey, followed by a Dooku shutdown of QGJ. It's pretty much 5v4 for the rest of the fight since QGJ spends his time with ability block or stun on him almost all game.

Defense is where it sucks to use Dooku. Anyone with a brain can just save him for last or one shot him with Rey, or finish him with a Rey + GS + Assist.

That's why I want to go with OB, at least to experiment. I'll lose my ability to control QGJ, but gain TM and offense down for the entire team. Not sure how usefull that will be in the long run. I can only try it and find out. OB currently at 5* and g5. Working on getting him to at least g8 before I shove him out there. I dont much need the 2 extra * levels as they dont add to his potency nor do I necessarily want Ben to live :)
    Hmm, yeah you are completely right. I think I will switch from grandpa Ben to count Doodoo now. I don't want anakin controlling my arena lol. I also am tired of old Ben leads too so Dooku will help me there. It does seem like Ben is better for defense and Dooku is better for offense. Maybe I'll even find a way to use both of em lol. Thanks for the advice tho.
  • Options
    So now Anakin went off the rails would you be so kind to reveal your next target of reworking?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @EscapeArtist51 too late :p 2 g10 anakins allready spotted.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Lol. Anakin's about to become a super popular toon, just like he should be. You got any plans to farm him lol? I might have to bring out count Doodoo sooner than expected.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Lol. Anakin's about to become a super popular toon, just like he should be. You got any plans to farm him lol? I might have to bring out count Doodoo sooner than expected.

I'm running him at lead 7* g11 with every last slot at 11 filled; all abilities omegad. He is now a decent toon, useable at a competitive level. He is not anything you should worry about or change your current lineup/strategy over though.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »

I'm running him at lead 7* g11 with every last slot at 11 filled; all abilities omegad. He is now a decent toon, useable at a competitive level. He is not anything you should worry about or change your current lineup/strategy over though.
    Ah I see.. You liking the rework? His leader ability just sounds super powerful lol. I can imagine a ton of different syngeries. Anakin with a clone team looks very scary on paper. What lineup are you using with him?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Ah I see.. You liking the rework? His leader ability just sounds super powerful lol. I can imagine a ton of different syngeries. Anakin with a clone team looks very scary on paper. What lineup are you using with him?

I do like it. I think they did a good job of making him relevant without making him op. I think it's a very balanced pass. I've run him with Aayla, QGJ, fives/Phasma, and RG.