The Jedi Knight Anakin changes ***Megathread***

Replies

• KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    Please nerf him! I dont even have a chance against the chosen one!

His gaze is fearsome and I'm afraid.
  • DeepChu
    185 posts Member
    Options
    He is a tank, with a huge hp pool and fast speed. Applies good debuffs in basic and now hits like a truck and the aoe is absolutely huge. He hits a little less than rey but has three times her hp and protection. Just want kylo as rebuilt as him ☺
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You really don't know what you're talking about if you think anakin is op....I did expect this thread to be created because of the sheer number of noobs out there.

In all honesty, every post that says a toon is OP is because of several reasons. Lack of knowledge with this game. Lack of understanding on how things works. Weak links in their squad or strategy being used and lastly lack of roster diversity. There comes a point in this game when you can beat any team that is placed in front of you. Anyone who thinks a character needs a nerf because it's "OverPowered" simply hasn't crossed that threshold to know any better. I'm 100% against nerfs. I rather see characters buffed up or see more people actually farm better rosters so they can see for themselves the whole "nerf" thing isn't even needed.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Duckoo wrote: »
    ...As one of the worst characters of the trilogy I don't care what his power level should be, he should not be something I'm forced to be reminded of every time I log in to this game.
    The only thing I'm reminded of is Hayden Christensen's horrible acting. Next to Jar Jar, he was the most annoying character in the series. How a strong, independent woman like Padme could fall for him is bizarre. His interactions with her were downright creepy.

If you throw out the movies and just stick to the Clone Wars series, he's actually both pretty like-able and a solid leader and strategist.
    Yeah, I liked Clone Wars. I own every season + Lost Missions. There was one scene with Padme in season 1 , episode 22 Hostage Crisis, in which he acts like a needy wuss.

Come on now, all men get a little "needy" when they want a little somethin' somethin'. Especially when your wife is Natalie Portman. :)
  • AlwaysABigerFish
    1175 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Savage opress will crit over 12k on his basic as well if you omega him
  • Kebab
    179 posts Member
    Options
    I never said he was overpowered they changed my title i didn't even know they could do that, my title was 'is this some kind of sick joke'
  • TerraArran
    341 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    No he is not too stronk. If your mad about how he went from bad to good then you should've gotten mad with RG too. So let out your anger...and your title wasn't specific enough
  • Options
    I have no issues with the re-work but his health needs to be reduced a bit, by like 30%.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I have no issues with the re-work but his health needs to be reduced a bit, by like 30%.

That's what gear 11 does. And 30% is not a bit
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    He's not. I have him fully geared and am not impress with him.
  • Options

Is AOE basically automatically does that with the Expose if he doesn't get 100% crit on everybody.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Is AOE basically automatically does that with the Expose if he doesn't get 100% crit on everybody.

That's why you run him with Rex, no need to worry about expose anymore
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

That's why you run him with Rex, no need to worry about expose anymore

Yup! I've had instances where JKA had Tenacity-Up and Expose still hit him, so you can only use Rex as reactive. Which is fine because he usually follows JKA in turn 1.
  • Old_Scott
    217 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Sounds good, glad I'm cantina-ing him at the moment! I'll probably have him ready for the next time furnaces come around in shipments.

I got him at 6* and only 19 shards away from 7* and 16 czerka stun cuff and a furnace away to get him go gear 11.. and twice in a row i hit #1 during my arena payout..

My review
    Pro
    1.He hits real hard but only with the right buff
    2. I love that he gets multiple turns whenever a toon get hit real hard. once lets say "A" toon get below 50% health he get a turn, and when "A" toon is defeated he gets another turn
    3. My lumi is viable once more! Her heals get him the turn he needed to do damages
    4. Ahsoka hits harder with her master around!
    5. Aayla became monstrous

Cons
    1. Defensively, not a really good choice.. I went down as far as 48 from 1 in 12 hours.
    2. You need jedis or clones in order to be effective
    3. He Is easilly stunned by dooku

All in all.. I love the new anakin.. :-)

P/s he is an alpha wolf in a wolfpack.. Benefit other team greatly with his kit.. But once he is down.. You should start to worry

I was wondering about Luminara giving Anakin extra attacks when she heals. How often does that happen outer battle?

Also, I don't know your Jedi roster, but I think I have finally found the ideal Jedi squad for the arena. Anakin (L), QGJ, IGD, Old Ben, Yoda (all G9). The teamwork means your team is pretty much always buffed. My Anakin is only 5* and I only drop 20-25 spots by the next payout time. I'm excited to see how it improves when he is 7*. I can best ANY squad combo except Dooku leads. Between the stuns and dodges, I haven't been able to beat a Dooku team in about a month.
  • Harlodpeter
    323 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Old_Scott wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Sounds good, glad I'm cantina-ing him at the moment! I'll probably have him ready for the next time furnaces come around in shipments.

I got him at 6* and only 19 shards away from 7* and 16 czerka stun cuff and a furnace away to get him go gear 11.. and twice in a row i hit #1 during my arena payout..

My review
    Pro
    1.He hits real hard but only with the right buff
    2. I love that he gets multiple turns whenever a toon get hit real hard. once lets say "A" toon get below 50% health he get a turn, and when "A" toon is defeated he gets another turn
    3. My lumi is viable once more! Her heals get him the turn he needed to do damages
    4. Ahsoka hits harder with her master around!
    5. Aayla became monstrous

Cons
    1. Defensively, not a really good choice.. I went down as far as 48 from 1 in 12 hours.

All in all.. I love the new anakin.. :-)

P/s he is an alpha wolf in a wolfpack.. Benefit other team greatly with his kit.. But once he is down.. You should start to worry

I was wondering about Luminara giving Anakin extra attacks when she heals. How often does that happen outer battle?

Also, I don't know your Jedi roster, but I think I have finally found the ideal Jedi squad for the arena. Anakin (L), QGJ, IGD, Old Ben, Yoda (all G9). The teamwork means your team is pretty much always buffed. My Anakin is only 5* and I only drop 20-25 spots by the next payout time. I'm excited to see how it improves when he is 7*. I can best ANY squad combo except Dooku leads. Between the stuns and dodges, I haven't been able to beat a Dooku team in about a month.

I omega'ed lumi healing.. And use her heal once an enemy drop to 50% health.. That's extra turn for anakin.. And enemy toon attack the same toon to below 50 again.. That's extra turn for anakin once more, by this time lumi's healing is cooling down, And no more heal from lumi.. And Enemy toon attack the same toon and this time your toon died.. Extra another attack again.. That's 3 extra turns because you have healing in your team..

I run ani lead, QGJ because he is a well balance support toon, lumi because of her healing ability and her special attack may go as high as 10K when she crits with anakin leading the team and i got that omega'ed as well, i can simply use her special three times in a battle.. Phasma give extra TM as well as confirm advantages thus benefits anakin AOE as a whole.. While i can simply switch rey to ahsoka or ahsoka to rey accordingly..

• Super123
    233 posts Member
    Options
    Kebab wrote: »
    The anakin rework: from the weakest character ever to a new rey?
    Its the first time ever i saw him in the top 50 so i wanted to test how good he was after the rework, he hits 10000 with his basic now ....?!
    10000??? I have never sern a character hitting 10k with just their basic before not even a rey G10 + imune to healing + imune to buffs i think? I didn't see his aoe yet but he is one extremely powerfull character now ****

He is the chosen one man, deal with it :D

+1 here :lol:
  • Deist
    110 posts Member
    Options
    No
  • EVRT
    201 posts Member
    Options
    Haha, yeah right. He doesn't hit that hard. My gear ten greedo will crit over 10k on basic. I've had him double tap for 22k as well
    Discord: EVRT #5566 Line: bevrt
  • Options
    @TrevorTheWookie I tried playing Anakin with all 4 clones; that's not a very useful combo. Without Rex lead, they don't build up sufficient TM to interrupt and prevent wholesale slaughter at the hands of say Dooku/QGJ/Rey/GS/RG or droid team.

I think Ani works best with a tank, 1-2 Jedi/clones, and 1-2 DPS. My current Ani-led team is

Anakin
    Ayala
    QGJ
    Rey
    Sun Fac

All G10 7*. My thoughts are going for speed/synergy with 2 Jedi, 1 of which is relatively quick, tank with decent healing, and just boosting Rey's already insane damage into the stratosphere. I keep Lando on deck if I need more killing power (at cost of speed/health) and Fives if I need a high-health counterattacker to fend off an AoE team (droids for example).

Rex dies too quickly; he might be more useful with RG instead of SF, but I prefer using SF for counter and dispel at the moment thus no Rex. CS is a decent toon but my shard has a lot of focus on speed currently so it's hard to get him started up w/o the Rex lead. I played with Echo a bit; Ani's lead offsets Echo's damage reduction on assist, but without the other clones his effectiveness is diminished. Echo has also been a defensive liability, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Ultimately I feel Ani is built for boosting Jedi, or the already crazy dps of Rey or Lando. Rex and Fives could have situational use, but Ani leading a full clone squad into battle is just asking for trouble from the dodge meta.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    If u swapped out Rey for 5's, I think it would improve. Rey is 2 squishy and she can be sniped. Plus a 3rd high health toon with counter-attacks.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    You know I think his unique and offense up don't stack....
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Cons

Reason why i'm not focusing gearing anakin yet. AI plays him horribly in defence so you waste many battles after reset to get back up. CG should first fix AI how it playes certain character skills and Anakin special is one of them that is bugged (not used correct times).
  • Options
    Trying:

Anakin
    Yoda
    Sun fac
    Qui gon
    Rey
  • Options
    @JherenKharr I working on boosting my Aayla right now I like here with Ani so far I don't have SF though so who would be next best you think RG or no because then I don't have a dispel. I'm still playing around with Teams ATM. I like

Anakin (L)
    5's
    Aayla
    QGJ
    RG

But It is lacking damage out a little bit so I try swaping out Aayla for CS or Ashoka and they are both a decent fit but then I feel like the team is to squishy. Haven't tried Rey yet And I miss Rex being on the team lol
  • Options
    @JherenKharr
    I think 5s is your issue. Just leave one rg or fives. Substitute for qui gon for sure if u have him. Aylas good but I replaces for Yoda only cause I don't have ayla 7 star sucks. I really like her but oh well
  • MoBlaq
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Usually with Taunt up the AI won't use an AOE attack
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    If EA can fix his AI he will be better.Even if he opened with his AOE it would be better than him trying to save it for a killing blow.

@EA_Jesse
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Ani is crazy on offense now which is good. But like all else they suck so hard on defense.

I've yet to face a ani that even could do a move against me before he dies. And we are talking about 8k+ anis
  • Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »

That is not the (only) issue with Ani's AI aoe-logic though --- He will not aoe unless its a potential killing blow. This made sense with how his aoe worked pre-update, now not so much. A change to either aoe at cooldown or aoe when he has Advantage and/or Righteous Fury would be a massive upgrade to his defensive power.
    ---
    Having fun with this team while I get 5´s & Clone Sergeant up to speed:
    Ani(l), Qui-G, Rey, Rg, Ewok Elder

Same as most arena teams, 100% winrate on offense (so far) & I'm guessing equally easy to beat. If Ani would do aoe on Righteous Fury it could perhaps use the RG taunt / Elder heal+ress synergy better.
  • Options
    Lasserini wrote: »
    MoBlaq wrote: »

That is not the (only) issue with Ani's AI aoe-logic though --- He will not aoe unless its a potential killing blow. This made sense with how his aoe worked pre-update, now not so much. A change to either aoe at cooldown or aoe when he has Advantage and/or Righteous Fury would be a massive upgrade to his defensive power.
    ---
    Having fun with this team while I get 5´s & Clone Sergeant up to speed:
    Ani(l), Qui-G, Rey, Rg, Ewok Elder

Same as most arena teams, 100% winrate on offense (so far) & I'm guessing equally easy to beat. If Ani would do aoe on Righteous Fury it could perhaps use the RG taunt / Elder heal+ress synergy better.

I'm not sure how good Clone Sergeant will be paired with Anakin, I'd be interested to see that. What would be your plan, who comes out for 5s and Clone Sarge?