The Jedi Knight Anakin changes ***Megathread***

Replies

• Options
    Kebab wrote: »
    The anakin rework: from the weakest character ever to a new rey?
    Its the first time ever i saw him in the top 50 so i wanted to test how good he was after the rework, he hits 10000 with his basic now ....?!
    10000??? I have never sern a character hitting 10k with just their basic before not even a rey G10 + imune to healing + imune to buffs i think? I didn't see his aoe yet but he is one extremely powerfull character now ****

LOL!

https://swgoh.gg/characters/jedi-knight-anakin/

4,509 when maxed on Basic according to that website, which uses in game data. Maybe when it goes that high when it's a a Crit.
  • Harlodpeter
    323 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Sounds good, glad I'm cantina-ing him at the moment! I'll probably have him ready for the next time furnaces come around in shipments.

I got him at 6* and only 19 shards away from 7* and 16 czerka stun cuff and a furnace away to get him go gear 11.. and twice in a row i hit #1 during my arena payout..

My review
    Pro
    1.He hits real hard but only with the right buff
    2. I love that he gets multiple turns whenever a toon get hit real hard. once lets say "A" toon get below 50% health he get a turn, and when "A" toon is defeated he gets another turn
    3. My lumi is viable once more! Her heals get him the turn he needed to do damages
    4. Ahsoka hits harder with her master around!
    5. Aayla became monstrous

Cons
    1. Defensively, not a really good choice.. I went down as far as 48 from 1 in 12 hours.
    2. You need jedis or clones in order to be effective
    3. He Is easilly stunned by dooku

All in all.. I love the new anakin.. :-)

P/s he is an alpha wolf in a wolfpack.. Benefit other team greatly with his kit.. But once he is down.. You should start to worry

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Toukai wrote: »
    Anakin clone team NAO!!!

Anakin! Aayla! Rex! 5s! Echo!

By their powers combined..... they have a ton of protection/hp/and damage!

Seriously, probably the new meta soon :)

I've run Rex with Anakin lead. He's super squishy dies in 0.5 seconds with no RG. Echo is a one trick pony that is also on the squishy side. 5s is good combined with Aayla though cause of high hp and painful counters.

@Telaan
    Stick to dodge meta, got it. :)
  • Matej17
    25 posts Member
    Options
    I have JKA, Secura, Rex, Echo, Fiver but this team is easy beat on arena. Too low defense.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    Its the first time ever i saw him in the top 50 so i wanted to test how good he was after the rework, he hits 10000 with his basic now ....?!
    10000??? I have never sern a character hitting 10k with just their basic before not even a rey G10 + imune to healing + imune to buffs i think? I didn't see his aoe yet but he is one extremely powerfull character now ****

Well he is the Chosen One

And Yoda's a grand master who got nerfed to near uselessness in the arena.
  • Veritasum
    755 posts Member
    Options
    Sick joke is a bit strong. I got Anakin coming up on 6*. Looking forward to finishing his farm once I finish GS. That's right, just now getting around to GS.
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    Options
    Grievous crits for 10k on his basic
    Really? Good to know because i'm farming him

Also, IG88 will hit for over 10k on basic, Leia can do upwards of 20k on her basic... So yeah.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Check_It
    376 posts Member
    Options
    I've seen him in my top 10. Definitely adds a new factor but still not as deadly as Rey in my opinion. A good strong character. I think he's great now.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    So first people complain that Rey hits way too hard compared to other toons and now when new toons get reworked to make them better people complain too?
  • luisgin
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin clone team NAO!!!

I stopped myself in the middle of reading your reply to say "When your powers combined, I am Captain Planet." Lol
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    Options
    luisgin wrote: »
    Anakin clone team NAO!!!

I stopped myself in the middle of reading your reply to say "When your powers combined, I am Captain Planet." Lol

That brings back some memories. :)
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    If Anakin has off+ and advantage, then yes he can hit for 10K. He is a long long way from being Rey, definitely more balanced.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    All hail queen Rey, or Reyna
    tumblr_nzpjotMe9f1uj697mo4_400.png

And the Chosen One
    tumblr_nt79irEIzX1t8ojdco1_500.jpg
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely needs a nerf. As one of the worst characters of the trilogy I don't care what his power level should be, he should not be something I'm forced to be reminded of every time I log in to this game.
  • Options

He is the chosen one man, deal with it :D
  • Options
    As others have said Rey and 88 can hit for over 10K with basic. I might have seen 86 do it too.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Don't worry. Devs are now working on releasing Padme to sell to the whales. Her special ability is to lose the will to live, which will cause Anakin to morph into a 5-star Vader.
  • Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Ani does not hit for 10k on his basic without offense up (& after you triggered his unique).
    --
    He is a new solid choice for leader and perhaps one of the better ones (if they fix his AI aoe-logic eventually).
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    The only teams i lost to today had Anakin in them and not as leader. That being said, i don't care, he is awesome and certainly needs no nerf. He is not OP at all. But yea, think you can sub Rey with him and it wouldn't be a problem at all.
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    He's not that powerful. I faced a max gear anakin doing 9k crits on his basic, it sounds like a lot but when your arena team is maxed out, anakin is just tickling you at that point. His aoe is powerful, but the AI is too dumb to use it consistently. He doesn't need a nerf he can be left for last, which I've been doing lol. However clone teams with anakin, on paper seem very scary.

You can always farm count Dooku if you want to be able to counter anakin. That's what I was gonna do, but he's not that much of a threat, I'd rather face him than old Ben anyday.
  • Options
    Get out of here with this. He is the toon of the month and if you think he is OP farm him yourself. People on these forums are rediculous...
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    Oh boy, u guys are never satisfied with anything..... :(
  • Darling_Ventress
    376 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Duckoo wrote: »
    ...As one of the worst characters of the trilogy I don't care what his power level should be, he should not be something I'm forced to be reminded of every time I log in to this game.
    The only thing I'm reminded of is Hayden Christensen's horrible acting. Next to Jar Jar, he was the most annoying character in the series. How a strong, independent woman like Padme could fall for him is bizarre. His interactions with her were downright creepy.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin is usable now. Not OP
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    ...As one of the worst characters of the trilogy I don't care what his power level should be, he should not be something I'm forced to be reminded of every time I log in to this game.
    The only thing I'm reminded of is Hayden Christensen's horrible acting. Next to Jar Jar, he was the most annoying character in the series. How a strong, independent woman like Padme could fall for him is bizarre. His interactions with her were downright creepy.

Come on now, strong women like a weak man that they can manipulate. Give him a little action so he does whatever she wants, not a surprise.

Anakin is far far from OP.
  • Options
    I like having Anakin as a leader instead of Dooku. He keeps RG from triggering taunt. Smashes toons with 50% health hiding behind RG. Devs did a good job with him. He's far from overpowered.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options

If you throw out the movies and just stick to the Clone Wars series, he's actually both pretty like-able and a solid leader and strategist.
  • Options
    Savage also hits 10k on basic
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »

If you throw out the movies and just stick to the Clone Wars series, he's actually both pretty like-able and a solid leader and strategist.
    Yeah, I liked Clone Wars. I own every season + Lost Missions. There was one scene with Padme in season 1 , episode 22 Hostage Crisis, in which he acts like a needy wuss.
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    Options
    You really don't know what you're talking about if you think anakin is op....I did expect this thread to be created because of the sheer number of noobs out there.