Anakin (L), Rex, QGJ, Rey, Sun Fac

still testing.. getting close to maxing my arena battles LOL

Hey bud, I just tried out this team and I wrecked the Arena:

Anakin Lead
    Aayla
    Plo Koon
    QGJ
    RG

Between Anakin's buff immunity, Plo's dispel and QGJ dispel buffs and taunts are done. Anakin was hitting for up to 9600 on a basic crit, Plo was at 8500 for a basic crit, and Aayla was at 8800 on basic crit. The numbers on QGJ assist when he called a Jedi and Aalya's assist was crazy. Fighting an old Ben lead team everyone kept getting advantage and Aayla became a stun machine along with RG. My biggest crit on Anakin's AOE was 13k. :)
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Mikassa wrote: »
    kbonifay wrote: »
    having a lot of fun with these 2 teams:
    Anakin (L), Rex, QGJ, Aayla, Sun Fac
    Anakin (L), Rex, QGJ, Rey, Sun Fac

still testing.. getting close to maxing my arena battles LOL

Hey bud, I just tried out this team and I wrecked the Arena:

Anakin Lead
    Aayla
    Plo Koon
    QGJ
    RG

Between Anakin's buff immunity, Plo's dispel and QGJ dispel buffs and taunts are done. Anakin was hitting for up to 9600 on a basic crit, Plo was at 8500 for a basic crit, and Aayla was at 8800 on basic crit. The numbers on QGJ assist when he called a Jedi and Aalya's assist was crazy. Fighting an old Ben lead team everyone kept getting advantage and Aayla became a stun machine along with RG. My biggest crit on Anakin's AOE was 13k. :)

GOOD STUFF!! i will have to wait till tomorrow to battle. i have maxed out my refreshes :( i got a little to excited.
    I guess you could call this Return of the Jedi *Sunglasses*

best comment ever.
  • Mikassa
    42 posts Member
    Options

GOOD STUFF!! i will have to wait till tomorrow to battle. i have maxed out my refreshes :( i got a little to excited.

Awesome, let me know how you do and who use mix in. Oh, a guildie ran a max gear Ashoka with Anakin. She got a 11k hit on a QGJ assist LOL.
  • Winters
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Wasn't anakins unique suppose to add up to 100% on next attack. It doesn't give you the option to omega the unique . It's stuck at level 7

It is suppose to be 100% and I already sent them a message about it. Mines max stars, and abilities (except his AOE which needs to get omega) and gear 9, and even with only the 75% instead of the 100% it's suppose to be Anakin was working so much better than before.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Mikassa wrote: »

Awesome, let me know how you do and who use mix in. Oh, a guildie ran a max gear Ashoka with Anakin. She got a 11k hit on a QGJ assist LOL.

ah man.. that makes me extremely happy seeing ashoka dealing some damage. might have to finish gearing her up. just a furnace away for G9
  • Egor
    86 posts Member
    Options
    So looks like his rework needs him to be leader to really be effective
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    Egor wrote: »
    So looks like his rework needs him to be leader to really be effective
    Kinda saw that too...
  • scuba
    14206 posts Member
    Options
    Winters wrote: »
    In the initial annoucement about the Anakin update you listed the following for his Righteous Fury unique ability:
    Unique: Righteous Fury
    Base: Whenever another ally falls below 50% health or is defeated, Anakin gains 60% Turn Meter and his next attack deals 25% more damage.
    Upgrade 1: +10% Turn Meter Gain
    Upgrade 2: +25% Damage
    Upgrade 3: +10% Turn Meter Gain
    Upgrade 4: +10% Turn Meter Gain
    Upgrade 5: +25% Damage
    Upgrade 6: +10% Turn Meter Gain
    Upgrade 7: +25% Damage

According to basic math when maxed out his bonus damage should be 100%

However I have it maxed out and it is only 75%. Is this a mistake or was it intentionally changed?

With 7 upgrades that would put it at level 8, which is apparently not possible at current level cap. So the Dev's shared more info than they should have.
  • Puglio
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Bora wrote: »
    Tried him against some evasion leader. He's great, but his leader ability either is not working as intended or the wording in its description is misleading.
    It states: "Base: Jedi and Clone allies gain 10% Offense and 10% Critical Damage and other allies gain half that amount. Whenever an ally is Evaded, they gain Advantage for 2 turns."
    But actually only the one that missed an attack gains advantage. Am I reading it wrong or is he bugged?
    Xenith wrote: »
    Tried him against some evasion leader. He's great, but his leader ability either is not working as intended or the wording in its description is misleading.
    It states: "Base: Jedi and Clone allies gain 10% Offense and 10% Critical Damage and other allies gain half that amount. Whenever an ally is Evaded, they gain Advantage for 2 turns."
    But actually only the one that missed an attack gains advantage. Am I reading it wrong or is he bugged?

No this is how it works and the description is right... If everyone gets advantage it would say all ally gains advantage

You're reading it wrong. It's working as intended. 'They' is referring to the attacker, not the team.

"They" is a plural pronoun. There is no singular, gender-neutral pronoun in the English language.

Correcting grammar is literally my job, and I am paid $22 an hour for it because I know what I am talking about.
  • Options
    So far I tried anakin L Yoda lumi qui gon and RG . I been ****. Found this more effective than having rey. I think the thing with rey it's all on speed or chance due to another rey being able to wipe put your rey in one attack. Qui gon however has more life and protection
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    Puglio wrote: »

No this is how it works and the description is right... If everyone gets advantage it would say all ally gains advantage

You're reading it wrong. It's working as intended. 'They' is referring to the attacker, not the team.

"They" is a plural pronoun. There is no singular, gender-neutral pronoun in the English language.

Correcting grammar is literally my job, and I am paid $22 an hour for it because I know what I am talking about.

Mmhh.. It's getting intricate here.. So maybe I'm not that ignorant.
    It means my question stand after all.
    Res non verba
  • Options
    Ani is broken. Another Mace Windu treatment. Please change him back.
  • Options
    Na rey is more broken then Anny. Anny is just right.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Does jka dispell a taunt if his anti buff procs? Or does the taunt stay and his anti buff just doesn't allow anymore buffs?
  • Mikassa
    42 posts Member
    Options
    Jaflip wrote: »
    Does jka dispell a taunt if his anti buff procs? Or does the taunt stay and his anti buff just doesn't allow anymore buffs?

JKA doesn't dispel at all, he lands a buff immunity. So if you are fighting a team with a tank, you want JKA to hit them before they taunt so he can land that immunity so they can't. If you hit a tank that has a taunt up he will put the immunity and that tank wouldn't get anymore buffs but they would still have the taunt.

That's why I think Plo Koon is such a perfect teammate for JKA. He has a dispel in his basic attack, so between the two them you can lock taunters down for the whole match.

• Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Ah okay! Thank you. Too bad plo koon is in cantina. Anni is still 6 star for me
  • Options
    Faced a gear 11 7 star Anakin, even killed RG first instead of Ani to let him get loose, only guy I lost was ST Han, I let Anakin take a lot of turns also, wasn't that great, but everything went my way so probably just a bad run

My team was Old Ben lead, ST Han, Rey, QGJ, Geo

His team

Anakin lead, RG, Aayla, 5's, Rey

• Options
    @Berimbolo yeah I don't think anakin is too too great with clones at least not as good with Jedi. Clones just a tad too slow. I faced a squad exactly like yours but with Jedi and rg. I shut them down pretty good I auto battled without controlling targets and won pretty easily
  • Options
    BEAST!!!
    JKA Rex 5s QGJ RG (I don't have Rey).
    Ani's AOE is sick.
    Attacking Rex 5s Echo Rey RG (all maxed on both sides except my Ani needs a furnace for g11).
    I do the normal attack Rey (or opponents highest DPS) usually pullback and wait for the GS or QGJ assist special. This time had her down below 50 his RG procs taunt. Take some shots at RG then Ani's up. She's probably at 30-40% Ani's AOE hits her and demolishes her. QGJ HA take care of his RG am rinse and repeat on QGJ game pretty much over.
  • Obs0lete
    382 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Puglio wrote: »

While it's not my job, I'm a bit of a grammar na-zi (not sure why the non-hyphenated word needs to be censored in this context) myself, and I had the same initial reaction as you. I always learned that "they" can never be singular, even though it is common in spoken language. However, there is not universal agreement on this today. I personally like the idea of having a gender-neutral pronoun for cases like this, so long as its use is unambiguous. I can see the argument that it is not unambiguous here.
  • Obsid
    108 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My first thoughts on the new Anakin:

He synergies really well with Royal Guard. Anakin's Righteous Fury has a big bonus damage and big turn meter gain when an ally falls below 50%. So right after Royal Guard activates its taunt, then Anakin usually gets to go next with a big damage bonus, the perfect time to use his reckless assault AOE. Yes he can exposes him, but with red guard already taunting, it will be hard for the enemy to really exploit that, while the benifits of team wide offense up for 2 turns more than makes up for it.

PS His leadership ability to give crits on every evade is a great anti-evasion tool (in addition to the base damage boost which just alone would be good, with the anti-evasion its great).
    Post edited by Obsid on
  • irvvri
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Which skills would be best to omega for Anakin?
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    MosDefJeff wrote: »
    Against droids he doesn't get a turn off. He definitely hits harder and has more use. Haven't found a great combo for him yet. 7 stars, level 75 G9 currently. I'll keep running my droids and B2. Thanks
    Against droids he doesn't get a turn off. He definitely hits harder and has more use. Haven't found a great combo for him yet. 7 stars, level 75 G9 currently. I'll keep running my droids and B2. Thanks

Seems to me JKA might have good synergy with a driod Jawa Engineer team. True, he doesn't get the TM bonus from HK lead and slows down JE a bit, but with JE giving crit up right off the bat, JKA's AoE is pretty much guaranteed to give offense up as opposed to expose. And with JKA's debuff basic sticking more, could bench B2 for him. I'm thinking HK(L), JKA, JE, 88, 86. What do you all think?
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    @Berimbolo yeah I don't think anakin is too too great with clones at least not as good with Jedi. Clones just a tad too slow. I faced a squad exactly like yours but with Jedi and rg. I shut them down pretty good I auto battled without controlling targets and won pretty easily
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Faced a gear 11 7 star Anakin, even killed RG first instead of Ani to let him get loose, only guy I lost was ST Han, I let Anakin take a lot of turns also, wasn't that great, but everything went my way so probably just a bad run

His team

Uummm yeah your facing the A.I what did you expect?? Use him your self he is amazing he debuffs on almost every hit he can render tanks useless
  • Options
    Anakin skywalker one of the best jedi ever to use the force but yet he only has 2 abilities which i never understood. I definitely feel like he should have more than just 2 abilities i mean come on we are talking about Anakin skywalker he should have at least 3 or 4 different attacks especially like the force push or throwing the lightsaber. How does everyone else feel about his lack of attack abilities?

Jedi knight anakin has his 2 abilities and darth vader anakin also got 2, makes a total of 4 plus 2 leader abilities!
  • Options
    L7Kkkke.jpg

I have Ani G10 (lead), Phasma G10, QGJ G10, Lumi G10, and Rey G10... Right now i am 35 shards away from 7* Ani.. And 3 gears to G11.. Right now he's an alpha beast making all the other four a beast of their own.. I wish that there are jedi that can provide advantage than phasma tho.. Other than that.. The AOE is absolute beast
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Now if only I didn't need to have G10 toons to farm him in cantina. That final **** battle and 3*... Grumble grumble grumble.

@SlyGambit allow me to help you there PM me here or line bigboss34erick or add me in game 279-513-792 I did the last node with gear 8 toons and level 79

Thanks but I'm not sure how you'd help. I'm fine with toons and allies. It's just a matter of getting lucky on the final with stuns. If you miss one you're down to 2*. My stunners haven't been a gear priority but they need the additional gearing to stick their stuns more reliably.

I'm sure I'll get it once I decide to farm him. That battle is just annoyingly dumb since there are two toons that can effectively one-shot any one of mine. I 1 starred it first shot and 've only tried to 3* it ~3 times since I wasn't actively farming Anakin.

• SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Glad I put the work in on Anakin a while ago, he is now starter material and a force.
    SodenBowl.com
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Berimbolo wrote: »

His team

Uummm yeah your facing the A.I what did you expect?? Use him your self he is amazing he debuffs on almost every hit he can render tanks useless

exactly. the dude you referencd is on my shard... i love being able to smash his team with full protection left on all my toons.. #sorrybruh
  • Options
    I have a few observations to add.

First, his reckless assault is not an either/or for offense up/expose. I had a battle where it added both on the same attack. I guess it balanced out in the end.

Second, having Yoda give everyone advantage through battle meditation is a pretty cool synergy to have.

Finally, and most importantly, I had to take Anakin out of my arena squad because he was only 5* and I dropped lower than I have ever been. I don't think it was because he was low starred (he still held his own on offense), but rather because everyone wants to see him in action and I believe having Anakin on your team right now puts a target on your back bigger than Barriss. If you run him, be ready for that for a while.