Can we get a different tie breaker than player ID for raid?

Replies

• Options
    all they have to do is add a simple if statement right? leave the 0 score as is, but add like
    if (score != 0)

yadda-yadda
  • Options
    Raid solo - rank 1 price box for all- problem solved
  • Options
    +1

totally agreed
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Keltrex wrote: »
    Raid solo - rank 1 price box for all- problem solved

This is absolutely what it should be.

And seriously, WHY have the developers not responded to this? This is one of the most viewed and most replied topics.

@CG_TopHat care to comment? It would go a long way to know you guys are looking into this or finding an alternative solution for the Rancor raid.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    FWIW after 6 pages of comments - I completely agree. I'm not even close to solo-ing the rancor yet, but this is ridiculously lazy and short-sighted by the programmers and should be something that is rather easy to fix. I think the best answer would be a damage-based reward system, but beyond that anything else that would address this - whether it be similar to guild dailies where ties all get the same reward, to good ol' RNG - anything is better than this
  • Options
    Let's make it 7 pages of comments
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    up
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    I agree. It's very unfair. Should go by the first person to reach the score

+1
  • Options
    Give rank 1 rewards to everyone who solo the raid!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    How long are you guys going to wait b4 fixing this?
  • Options
    Still no official comment and this has reached 7 pages?

This really needs to be addressed guys. You can't just sweep this under the rug.
  • Options
    So sad we can't get an official response. BUT, that might be our fault? This wasn't posted on the official forums over on Reddit where Devs actually respond. Or maybe we should have posted this over on Twitter where they also post stuff.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    So sad we can't get an official response. BUT, that might be our fault? This wasn't posted on the official forums over on Reddit where Devs actually respond. Or maybe we should have posted this over on Twitter where they also post stuff.
    There is no official forums on reddit. This is the official forum.
  • Options
    It would be nice to actually hear from Devs on this
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    There is no official forums on reddit. This is the official forum.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was being facetious. Of course this is the official forum! Why the heck can't we get official feedback on the official forum but yet the Devs will respond and post on Reddit and Twitter? If the Devs post more on Reddit, I consider that more of an official forum. Sad.
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I would find it hard to believe someone from iN has not posted this on Reddit. Maybe the OP can weigh in or go post this on Reddit as well if I am wrong. @Maraxus ?
  • Options
    up
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    My biggest worry is the devs solution is making the raid more difficult, witch is unfair for lower guilds and new comers to the game, and us who have played over a year just find another way to solo the raid and getting the same problem again.
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    +1 for this request :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    With 10+ people in my guild soloing rancor its gotten to be pretty obnoxious that the same people get top spots due to their player Id being higher than others. This is a stupid way to resolve ties. please change it to RNG or by who posts 1st or something that isnt the same every time.
  • Options
    Seriously at very least it should be RNG if not who posted 1st
  • Options
    TesVevec wrote: »
    +1 this request.
    I think everyone above x amount of damage should get the same reward box regardless of ranking, so members of a guild wont need to compete with each other for better prizes! But still everyone would benefit if they contribute more

For example
    <100k dmg - blue box
    100k-500k dmg - moderate chance purple box
    500k-1.5M dmg - good chance purple box
    1.5M+ dmg - great chance box, 2-4 different amounts of credits with every ~300k more dmg
    3M+ dmg - best chance (red + golden box) 2-4 different amounts of credits with every ~500k more dmg
    6M+ dmg - 2x best chance with different amounts of credits or + golden boxes with every ~1M more dmg
    +1

This is a super simple system to implement, it pushes guild members to improve their teams (fun for us, money for EA), it scales transparently with the power of the guild, and it is guild-friendly. There would still be competition between guilds but less so within guilds and there would be more of an incentive for guild members to help each other improve so guilds would improve faster. It also fits in with the design of many parts of the game - improve your team, move onto the next rewards tier.

I would love tiered rewards like this, but I doubt it happens. It is significantly more work than having a line of code that says if (damageOutput = damageOutputOfPersonInFirstPlace) then give 1st place rewards. :)
  • Options
    DarthScott wrote: »
    I would love tiered rewards like this, but I doubt it happens. It is significantly more work than having a line of code that says if (damageOutput = damageOutputOfPersonInFirstPlace) then give 1st place rewards. :)

...not really. You need to sort the scores first in the current system. Assuming the players were already sorted by user ID (likely and likely the cause of the current behaviour if the chosen sorting algorithm maintains this order) then this is one level of sorting. Otherwise you need to sort twice.

The proposed system would be:
    • For all players
      • If score < 100k then blue box
      • Else if score < 500k then moderate chance purple box
      • etc.
    which is of linear complexity (assuming branching is a trivial operation which it is not but there is branching in a sorting algorithm as well so let's ignore that).

Anyway, your average programmer could code either of these solutions quicker than the time it took me to write this post.

The UI for explaining rewards changes with the tiered system. For the other system, all they need to do is put rank '1' next to more people. It is the UI design / changes I doubt they will do
  • Dawud
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I agree with what other have said - make all that solo first place and give first place rewards. If you can solo you've worked long and hard on toons for a long time. Reward our efforts and commitment to the game with a fair reward structure for those who can solo.

As for after the solos - start reward at next position. If there's 12 solos then then next reward position is #13.

Simple.

I mean, I solo'd today and got 13th place rewards. How is that fair?
  • Options
    I'm not even level 85 yet and can solo the rancor. I have no hope of ever getting Top 3, and my guess is that within a week or two I will be pushed out of the top 10.

PLEASE address this.
  • Options
    I am not at a point where I can solo the raid but theoretically if my id starts with a "_v" does it take the '_' for the sorting or just the 'v'?
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Still no developer response....what a surprise...

So, to add to this forum:

Our guild tried auto Zader rancor only today...3 out of 5 solo'd the entire thing on auto. Think the rancor raid isn't broken? THINK AGAIN!
  • Options
    DarthScott wrote: »
    So while I agree with OP that another method besides player ID would be nice (though I rather just see a whole revamp of the raid reward system where guild members don't have to compete against each other, rather they all can get the top prize if they break certain damage thresholds), I do have a suggestion for those of you with guilds in this situation as a stop gap solution.

Many/Most guilds currently do some sort of 0 damage registration period for 12-24 hours before the actual raid starts. A good way to randomize positions of everyone who can solo the raid (so they don't always finish based off of player id) is to allow/force a squad consisting of one character to do damage during the registration period.

I know all of you are thinking, well that's tough to enforce because people could slide 2 characters in to get the highest randomized score....

So here is what you do:

Make an incentive to get LOW scores during damage registration. The lower the better. You do this by making the person with the highest registration score have to do 0 damage (they still get to register) in the next raid.

Quite simply, players should not have to police annoying, complex solution like this. In a game like this, the fewer rules you need to police / follow, the more enjoyment the game will bring. The game should reward people for solid play, not penalize them for a randomly assigned id.

Agree completely. It's dumb that we have to make our own rules to bend around the fact that 10+ people solo'ing don't get the rewards for clearing the raid. It's literally more worthwhile to not try raiding instead of solo'ing and getting 21st place or something.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Bomroll wrote: »
    Honestly is not changing p4 so he is immune to TM effects a decent and (hopefully} easy solution?
    Amish_Ace wrote: »
    Bomroll wrote: »
    Honestly is not changing p4 so he is immune to TM effects a decent and (hopefully} easy solution?

That or make P4 like Phase 1 of the AAT, after so many hits he gains 100% TM. Anyone can copy and paste some code...even CG.

I would hate this. No one wants the rancor to be harder (unless they add another tier), and most just want to get it over with so they can play the lotto with rewards. Making it harder to solo is a horrible idea, especially since it's catered towards lvl 80 accounts anyways, which would make it darn near impossible for them to complete.

Just change the reward structure so that a tie for 1st, and 1st alone, grants everyone in that tie the same 1st place prize box. It's simple programming.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind