Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    Options
    Zader on tank raid
    Zader on rancor
    And now Nute on tank.

Nothing would happen if the abilities of the characters would work correctly from the beginning.
    Nute and jawas were there since the beginning, and just because the community found a use on those in haat, it will be "fixed".

Dear devs, at this point many players started spending millions credits and lot of gear to get Nute (most probably already got jawas for haat), but you will "fix it". Next time, please check the roster and make sure they all are WAI so it doesn't get frustrating when people start to get good results on raids, just to you to get it "fixed".

Thanks.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Because....
    vGwXyTj.jpg
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    vGwXyTj.jpg
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Not only that but someone had to come into work on a Sunday to address this yet everyone asks for dev input on other things and radio silence. P2 is hard, many of us guilds that are on our own (read: haven't joined a multi-guild) do strive to beat the hAAT, ways are found and we use them. Guess what, first team to beat the raid was a conglomerate that sent there top 50 members under CG guidance to win. At least be honest and state that you're gonna look in to things as this means less people need to spend money. A normal f2p guild with 50 to 75% active members cannot win without tactics, we're all striving to make our way through. Nerfing a clever comp because you didn't realize it's a problem is a cheap way out. How about you just leave the gaps now and design a better third raid with less holes?
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Wundalicious
    437 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ledbetter wrote: »
    Funny thing is zylo can solo a phase and clones can solo a phase but nute can and they talk about nerfing him. The whole reason they would nerf him is because he gives ftp guilds a chance to do haat and makes less people want to spend money on the game because him and the 2 jawas he needs are easily farmable and they don't take a zeta. I mean zylo has an exploit that can make him solo a phase by himself but he is harder to get and requires a zeta. It is all about how they can suck more money out of everyone and letting a easily farm able combo help guilds that aren't made up of p2p players do haat is not putting money in there pocket.

I agree something should be changed since I invested heavily in clones for the tank raid, but how EA/CG handles this is crucial. They are changing something that functions 100% within the rules while allowing things like zylo to remain unchanged, so they need a reason that doesn't sound like "we don't want ftp to beat heroic with nute but folks usually spend $ on zylo so it's cool"

This nerf should be real apologetic and have a better explanation than "doesn't allow guilds to work together to beat a raid" garbage.

It's a bad spot to be in with all the SW events in May, but they can't leave it be and any change looks terrible on their part.
  • gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    Options
    gatormatt wrote: »
    Don't worry guys. They'll change the narrative on the forums and introduce the fan favorite June character this week to take your attention off this. It's a classic marketing ploy. Watch and see.

Jedi luke couldn't save them from "fixing" three toons that are WAI based on their abilities. Devs not realizing this team setup is possible when they gave jawas tank raid bonuses - not the players fault. Hope after the nerf players who wasted gear on nute get something back

I agree. Completely. I just hope this community doesn't fall for it. I hope the players don't let this go.
  • Options
    Actual conversation at EA headquarters: "Nute can solo haat, how did we let this happen? Time to nerf him or make him P2P, someone get on it"
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    A few points, right or wrong who knows...

1- 3/4 of the raid, this could be used in p3 also, which means if done right and with good rng you could do it in 1 run.
    2- this can be done with under geared/lvled toons with fairly basic mods (not as intended for this raid)

I agree that they should have seen this but even the thousands of players here testing things out didn't find it right away.

lets just wait and see what happens

They would be countered and killed in phase 3 so it wouldn't work after stealth drops plus the tm gain from damage.
  • Options
    Yeah. The Sunday response was just the kick in the nether region. Hope they do that the next time there is a true issue in the game.
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    Because a G4 Nute and 2 jawas can almost solo p4. 9.4 million. That's why. It's broken, get over it, stop crying.

Not even a zeta required. It's plain ****.

What squad did you see doing that. The ones that were coming in were gear 7 minimum Nute, gear 8&9 Jawas minimum and they were maxing out at 7.8 million. Still nothing compared to Teebo in Rancor Raid who is still able to solo phase 1 at a minimum with absolute ease.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    vGwXyTj.jpg
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Because....
    vGwXyTj.jpg

true - now there are two of them! zeta kylo & lugo' squad! lol...
  • Options
    Ryman03 wrote: »
    That's the biggest thing here is that it's not a bug, they did it

People are allowed​to make mistakes and then correct them. No one is perfect.

Ya i get that but part of the game is to discover new teams that feed off each other but it seems like that want to take that away

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

1- 3/4 of the raid, this could be used in p3 also, which means if done right and with good rng you could do it in 1 run.
    2- this can be done with under geared/lvled toons with fairly basic mods (not as intended for this raid)

I agree that they should have seen this but even the thousands of players here testing things out didn't find it right away.

They would be countered and killed in phase 3 so it wouldn't work after stealth drops plus the tm gain from damage.

ahh, true. i didn't think of that. ok only 2 phases.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    The Lugo Neuter is getting Neutered !!!
    That's the official name of this nerf. The whales have decided.

vGwXyTj.jpg
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Options
    Stealthed toons don't get countered on
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Options
    xanderxman wrote: »
    Whazn wrote: »
    So are they going to nerf chirpatine too? It's essentially the same strategy. Ep gets 100% tmr every turn and just keeps attacking.

No. That could potentially cost you money. That team is WAI

Other than chirpa... ep rg sth sun fac. All are free to play. All are useful elsewhere, all are easy farms, Most players have those 4 geared and ready to go naturally. Who honestly has nute and the jawa ready to go? If anything people rushing those 3 would generate ea money. I spent 14 mil credits, a few omega and a few weeks of gear seeing how far up I could get the 3 of them yesterday. Figured everything with them was "WAI" and safe to start on.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    The Lugo Neuter is getting Neutered !!!
    That's the official name of this nerf. The whales have decided.

vGwXyTj.jpg

Didn't see that one coming. Lol
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Paull011 wrote: »
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    I was thinking this exact thing. They say it's not intended bc it disrupts the idea of the guild working together. This isn't broken. It's not a bug from the looks of it.

So are we really going to nerf this setup bc it's not a heavy paywall and gear investment of clones, Zylo and resistance?

So we are just going to ignore:
    Zylo can solo P1
    Resistance can nearly Solo P2.
    Clones can nearly Solo P4.

This at least gives another option for players who don't have the money or resources to farm and gear those other 3 teams. Those teams disrupt the balance to "workout together as a guild" just as much imo.

Agreed. If it's not a bug, don't fix it. they should have tested it last August before they brought the raid out. Plus wasn't Nute nerfed already? So they must have known about it before

Nute was just given a buff actually. That's why this works now.
    The team requires little to no gear. No zetas. And only 3 members.

Clones and resistance require tons of gear and zetas. Big difference.

Zylo can solo P1. All you need is 1 toon.
    JG44D2 wrote: »
    in the end, how many people have a 7* Nute? Only people playing for a long time.

I started farming Nute when the separatists fleet commander rumor was floating around.
    but zyloing and retreating and going back in and repeating the cycle is wai?

Exactly
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    Not only that but someone had to come into work on a Sunday to address this yet everyone asks for dev input on other things and radio silence. P2 is hard, many of us guilds that are on our own (read: haven't joined a multi-guild) do strive to beat the hAAT, ways are found and we use them. Guess what, first team to beat the raid was a conglomerate that sent there top 50 members under CG guidance to win. At least be honest and state that you're gonna look in to things as this means less people need to spend money. A normal f2p guild with 50 to 75% active members cannot win without tactics, we're all striving to make our way through. Nerfing a clever comp because you didn't realize it's a problem is a cheap way out. How about you just leave the gaps now and design a better third raid with less holes?

tumblr_n1uazgR1JJ1qln00mo1_500.gif
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options
    Don't worry guys. They'll change the narrative on the forums and introduce the fan favorite June character this week to take your attention off this. It's a classic marketing ploy. Watch and see.

Jedi luke couldn't save them from "fixing" three toons that are WAI based on their abilities. Devs not realizing this team setup is possible when they gave jawas tank raid bonuses - not the players fault. Hope after the nerf players who wasted gear on nute get something back

I agree. Completely. I just hope this community doesn't fall for it. I hope the players don't let this go.

I'm not spending any money. Don't want to buy gear for a character that could be nerfed days later because they're bad at their jobs-- err, I mean unintended consequences.
  • Options

That's not good enough. The player base are beta testers and anything we find should be allowed unless it's clearly not WAI. If EA and the devs are going to treat us as bug finders and stress testers they better start paying us for that job because I don't know about you but I don't work for free no matter what the job is.
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1708 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Because a G4 Nute and 2 jawas can almost solo p4. 9.4 million. That's why. It's broken, get over it, stop crying.

It's not broken and he wasn't crying, plus it's heavily RNG dependant.

• USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    vGwXyTj.jpg
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    Options
    JG44D2 wrote: »
    in the end, how many people have a 7* Nute? Only people playing for a long time.

Actually farmed him to 7 stars very early. No special reason. Just wanted to farm something other won't. That's why I still got no Savage.
  • Options
    Mysteriously interesting
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, princess zody does the exact same thing p4
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options

When you have a game like this you always run a chance that unusual combinations can do unexpected things. When they created the Pit raid, they really didn't consider a full tmr team but some creative players figured it out.
    The fact that each of these abilities have been in the game pretty much since the characters introduction but was just now seem how it gives great advantage to something fairly new to the game doesn't mean it's broken, just means it wasn't identified during testing.
  • Options
    I'm quite sure their intent of The Pit wasn't for a 1 man solo either, but apparently they don't care about that anymore.

If you can Solo something on auto they'll nerf it.

Also let's not make a false equivalency here. A full clone team that all have to be Gear 11 + a Zeta and baller mods to Solo something is hardly comparable to 3 toons one that's can be in blue gear putting the game on auto.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Thank you for the quick response. This thread can be closed. :) o/