Should the "Raids Rewards" be reviewed ?

Prev13456712
skarroo11
65 posts Member
edited April 2016
One of the main points of making a guild is to work together to achieve something and compete against other guilds and not to compete against each other in the guild. I agree that members contributing the most should be rewarded with higher prizes but there's a huge gap between the prizes.

Should the Raids Prizes especially be reviewed ?

Vote below. Opinions are most welcome.

Thanks.

Should the "Raids Rewards" be reviewed ? 1035 votes

Yes
96%
DinoZombie8mylunchkgwzzFeardemon3EunoeYoYoYoda369Top_QuarkQeltarTelaanJJHilyanormasterringStarcronDaeghaaJ7000Amish_AceGenakumaSkyeCenarlcosmicturtle333 998 votes
No
3%
CrysixAksterNonemoHBOMBCOKFISTReyalpOwexBaillBravo29Megadeth3700Jpoom105PetrozzaRenovatoLaLiamnailborTrevorJinSaotomeZakharyLordAlvertSnorreLiljegrenthedewoverDani_PvP 37 votes

Replies

• Options
    Yes
    The rewards are extremely pay to win. Guild members that have the most money get the best rewards constantly. Guilds are supposed to promote teamwork not be a competition of who has the most money.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    What are the prizes?
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I don't mind the rewards being tiered but the purple good stuff should also be tiered
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    Tau_Lambda wrote: »
    The rewards are extremely pay to win. Guild members that have the most money get the best rewards constantly. Guilds are supposed to promote teamwork not be a competition of who has the most money.

You are completely mixing up pay to win with pay to advance quicker. It will just take a little longer for you to get the gear to level up your toons eqipment to gear 9/10.

It is just as pay to win as refreshing energy to level up faster. Or to get characters to 7* faster. Or to level up more heroes quicker.

Maybe wait until the update actually hits, you can see the guild store, instead of pre-emtively complaining. Yup, lets re-review rewards which have not even been fully released yet.
  • twist
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Akster you don't seem to comprehend the entire picture...if you spend $1000 on a raid and 5 people in your clan spend 1005$ your rewards are junk....it's not pay to win...it's pay more than other people pay to win, or you pay to...lose i guess...
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    How exactly are your rewards junk? The daily personal currency cap is 600. Spending 1000$ on im guessing reviving characters to use again in the raid, or increasing the 5 battles per day cap, neither of which I know if you can do or not, do not remember see any statement saying you could in the patch notes.

The rewards for those packs for doing the most damage can still be bought in the guild shipments with your own personal currency, getting higher in the damage tables just rewards you with a little more so you get them quicker, just like refreshing light side battles so you can farm more equipment quicker.

You do not seem to comprehend the entire picture.

Pay to win = pay to get things free to play players can not which give you an advantage. You do not have to pay to reach gear 10, you just pay to speed things up. There is a massive difference. You do not understand what pay to win is by the looks of what you have said.
  • twist
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    The raid rewards dude...that's what everybody is complaining about...read naecabon's post it will make it all clear
  • Options
    Yes
    What is the reward breakdown based on rank, I'm not able to find what everyone is worried about?
  • Options
    Yes
    If the only(nearly only) way to get rewards is to pay, its pay to win. And I won't do it. I paid more for this game than any console or PC game already.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    No
    twist wrote: »
    The raid rewards dude...that's what everybody is complaining about...read naecabon's post it will make it all clear

What he wrote there does nto make what you have said any more right or what I have said any more wrong.

@Vavasour under the guild raids area there is a tab for rewards.
  • Options
    Yes
    It feels like an auction bidding war, it's just wrong to put into guilds!
  • Options
    Yes
    Really everyone who participated should get both boxes, and the variance between credits and guild currency rewards can be somewhere around 15% top to bottom. That's all the incentive someone needs for individual contribution in a raid. That and a leaderboard of who dealt the most damage is all the competition I'd want in a cooperative activity like this.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    No
    If the only(nearly only) way to get rewards is to pay, its pay to win. And I won't do it. I paid more for this game than any console or PC game already.

Shipments.

It is just as pay to win as refreshing energy to do more battles to get gear faster just like before.

Until the update fully hits we do not know to what extent the difference will be.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Dude there are guilds made of 50 whales and you think they are happy they have to out spend each other?There better off in a f2p guild that is dedicated and he/she can constantly rank #1
    Akster wrote: »

Shipments.

It is just as pay to win as refreshing energy to do more battles to get gear faster just like before.

Until the update fully hits we do not know to what extent the difference will be.

• TheTherion7
    15 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes
    Pay to advance faster IS practically pay to win, as we 1. dont live forever, 2. have lives, 3. have limited resources (time, $, physical and mental stamina). And this is exactly what game companies try to exploit.

So yeah i understand the monetization of games nowdays, but what most players ask from these games, is a better more fair less greedy set up, that will probably still make the same income due to increase of new players. But most developers are afraid of failure and try the easy fast grabbing way.
  • Options
    Yes
    if you participate you should receive the same rewards
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Big_Boss wrote: »

Dude there are guilds made of 50 whales and you think they are happy they have to out spend each other?There better off in a f2p guild that is dedicated and he/she can constantly rank #1
    Akster wrote: »

Shipments.

They have to outspend people how? A lot of the complaints in the forums are a confusion of personal currency and guild currency only used to summon the raid.

When it comes to dealing damage to the rancor, which is what the extra ranking rewards are, you get 5 attempts. If this can be refreshed with crystals or not has not been stated, same as if you can revive characters with crystals, whcih since you cant do this in GW it is likely you can not do this in the raid.
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    If the goal of guilds is team building then ranking rewards within the team is divisive and self defeating.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Pay to advance faster IS practically pay to win, as we 1. dont live forever, 2. have lives, 3. have limited resources (time, $, physical and mental stamina). And this is exactly what game companies try to exploit.

So yeah i understand the monetization of games nowdays, but what most players ask from these games, is a better more fair less greedy set up, that will probably still make the same income due to increase of new players. But most developers are afraid of failure and try the easy fast grabbing way.

Practically? Either it is or is not. You will get your gear X arena team a little later than other people will, the extent of this being or problem or not is unknown, and peoples outrage is of face value merit, of which we do not have all the information on. Yes, some peoples concerns are valid about certain things, others in my personal opinion, are not.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    A few weeks ago I started a poll asking if the level cap increase should have been delayed until the balance patch. It ended up being the most lopsided poll with many votes ever seen on this forum: 5 to 1 voted to delay the level cap increase, with almost 400 votes.
    This poll will eclipse it. I don't know ANYONE who is happy with this arrangement, and it only underscores how badly CG needs to get better in touch with their players and implement a beta test program.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    If everyone really worked together you could all tie for first place...
  • Options
    Yes
    They done **** it up.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    Oh my, I am really the minority here.

I dont think it's a massive gap, though i do think if they make GvG then you guys will complain A LOT more than the current situation.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Yes
    Baggodi wrote: »
    If the goal of guilds is team building then ranking rewards within the team is divisive and self defeating.

This. I feel like the system can be exploited, and that's where teamwork falls apart. Guilds should compete with other guilds if anything.

But we'll see how it turns out I guess. Might not stay around depending on the result
  • Options
    Yes
    With each update this game keeps going down hill. I'm really trying to find something to hold onto to keep me playing. I love star wars and I love the turn based combat but I feel like they are just shoving more and more pay to win schemes into this game and it makes it so hard to keep wanting to play.
  • Options
    Yes
    What on earth is this?
    Encouraging "in-fighting" within the guild?

I must as well create a guild with only 20 top players and so we're always guaranteed top 20 rewards.
    Please this is NOT the first time your content is designed to KICK ITSELF IN IT'S FOOT.
    So what's the point of filling my guild then?

Not to mention your clustering of heroes at cantina made other holotable rewards less useful and inflated the currency.
    (An example of making content that is self defeating)

Great job. Can I clap for you?
  • Options
    Yes
    I sure hope EA reads this poll. If 99% of the players think its' wrong, then it's probably not wise to go in that direction.
  • Options
    Yes
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    I sure hope EA reads this poll. If 99% of the players think its' wrong, then it's probably not wise to go in that direction.

They didn't pay attention to the last poll about the protection changes with was one of the most one sided polls I've ever seen.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    What on earth is this?
    Encouraging "in-fighting" within the guild?

I must as well create a guild with only 20 top players and so we're always guaranteed top 20 rewards.
    Please this is NOT the first time your content is designed to KICK ITSELF IN IT'S FOOT.
    So what's the point of filling my guild then?
    The bolded is easy. You fill the "bottom" of your guild with a bunch of f2p peons you get to do all the heavy lifting, while you sit at the top and collect all the rewards they worked so hard to help acquire. It's what team work and friendship is all about!

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*