Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• Options
    This forum really needs to lay off the anti-rebel ****. Fan of the Dark Side? Cool, you've got Empire and Sith. Fan of the Light Side? Cool, you've got Rebels and Jedi.

Guess what? If they release a Light Side toon it will most likely be a rebel. Why? Because we have 4 movies and a cartoon full of them. Not to mention the ENTIRE light side was ALL rebels for 20 something years.

I get it, the most broken duo on the game have Rebel tagged on them. I also get there are a large number of rebels, but we all know only a handful at best are worth anything in arena anymore. That doesn't translate to "no more rebels." Because there are still quite a few that we all want to see.

Nah the game needs to lay off the "let's only release op Rebels" mindset.

Yeah, don't know what I was thinking really. I'm with you, zMaul, zVader, Palpatine, and Nihilus aren't enough.

More dark side is needed to counter the Chaze, GK, Rex, and R2. Better not release any more good light side characters until there are twice as many good dark side characters.

Point is, it's not Thrawn, a potential OP imperial, but the exact opposite, an OP rebel. Again, I get the frustration but that doesn't mean they need to stop releasing rebels. We still need a few specific ones yet.

except zVader and Palpatine haven't been meta for ages and then during the empire pass they also hit zVader with a bug fix that hampered his raid usefulness aka the last usefulness he had (which admittedly was needed since it was a bug). So idk what you're thinking there.

I know you were being saracasic with your second point but it's actually true. They should start releasing only dark side characters until something is done.

And no, we don't need a few specific rebels still except Luke and chewy. But if that's your best argument we still need EXPONENTIALLY more specific dark side characters so what about that?

I don't know what to tell you about Palpatine and zVader not being useful. zVader behind a speedy Sith Assasin with Palpatine and then just get creative, will beat down triple cleanse all day. Palpatine has been on team after team since his release and is still a very important character to the meta.

No way they need to keep rolling out just dark side characters, that's just as absurd as claiming they shouldn't make any more rebels.

The couple of rebels you mentioned are exactly the ones I'm talking about. But I think we could all agree that a few alt versions of characters like Leia (an actual leader version) and Luke as a pilot not-yet-jedi wouldn't be a problem.

I'm curious as to what main Dark Side characters you are missing. Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin, Veers, and all their troopers and pilots are on here. Thrawn and Jango Fett are missing and both large fan favorites according to this forum. So they could still be coming.

Rebels are missing a rework for the original trilogy characters, no need for any new ones, just make Chewbacca a rebel and change his bowcaster and name. We all know we are going to wait a while for Lightsaber Luke.

The bulk of new characters now will be the remaining Dark Side characters from Rebels (including Thrawn and Inquisitors) and Resistance and First Order.

I think no matter who your movie favs are, all of us can come together and say quite plainly that we are disappointed with CG/EA's recent choices. It's not like I some Chaze and Ahsoka fan lovin' life. I enjoy the original trilogy characters, both Light and Dark, but none of these "Rebels" characters. Rogue One was fantastic and there was certainly missed opportunities on all but Chaze from that line of characters. I can bend a bit for Thrawn and Adult Ahsoka, but not like I can make myself care too awful much about what has been happening in this game lately.

If you can't tell the difference between meta and usefulness I can't help you, just leave me alone from this point forward.
  • Options
    This forum really needs to lay off the anti-rebel ****. Fan of the Dark Side? Cool, you've got Empire and Sith. Fan of the Light Side? Cool, you've got Rebels and Jedi.

Guess what? If they release a Light Side toon it will most likely be a rebel. Why? Because we have 4 movies and a cartoon full of them. Not to mention the ENTIRE light side was ALL rebels for 20 something years.

I get it, the most broken duo on the game have Rebel tagged on them. I also get there are a large number of rebels, but we all know only a handful at best are worth anything in arena anymore. That doesn't translate to "no more rebels." Because there are still quite a few that we all want to see.

Nah the game needs to lay off the "let's only release op Rebels" mindset.

Yeah, don't know what I was thinking really. I'm with you, zMaul, zVader, Palpatine, and Nihilus aren't enough.

More dark side is needed to counter the Chaze, GK, Rex, and R2. Better not release any more good light side characters until there are twice as many good dark side characters.

Point is, it's not Thrawn, a potential OP imperial, but the exact opposite, an OP rebel. Again, I get the frustration but that doesn't mean they need to stop releasing rebels. We still need a few specific ones yet.

except zVader and Palpatine haven't been meta for ages and then during the empire pass they also hit zVader with a bug fix that hampered his raid usefulness aka the last usefulness he had (which admittedly was needed since it was a bug). So idk what you're thinking there.

I know you were being saracasic with your second point but it's actually true. They should start releasing only dark side characters until something is done.

And no, we don't need a few specific rebels still except Luke and chewy. But if that's your best argument we still need EXPONENTIALLY more specific dark side characters so what about that?

I don't know what to tell you about Palpatine and zVader not being useful. zVader behind a speedy Sith Assasin with Palpatine and then just get creative, will beat down triple cleanse all day. Palpatine has been on team after team since his release and is still a very important character to the meta.

No way they need to keep rolling out just dark side characters, that's just as absurd as claiming they shouldn't make any more rebels.

The couple of rebels you mentioned are exactly the ones I'm talking about. But I think we could all agree that a few alt versions of characters like Leia (an actual leader version) and Luke as a pilot not-yet-jedi wouldn't be a problem.

I'm curious as to what main Dark Side characters you are missing. Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin, Veers, and all their troopers and pilots are on here. Thrawn and Jango Fett are missing and both large fan favorites according to this forum. So they could still be coming.

Rebels are missing a rework for the original trilogy characters, no need for any new ones, just make Chewbacca a rebel and change his bowcaster and name. We all know we are going to wait a while for Lightsaber Luke.

The bulk of new characters now will be the remaining Dark Side characters from Rebels (including Thrawn and Inquisitors) and Resistance and First Order.

I think no matter who your movie favs are, all of us can come together and say quite plainly that we are disappointed with CG/EA's recent choices. It's not like I some Chaze and Ahsoka fan lovin' life. I enjoy the original trilogy characters, both Light and Dark, but none of these "Rebels" characters. Rogue One was fantastic and there was certainly missed opportunities on all but Chaze from that line of characters. I can bend a bit for Thrawn and Adult Ahsoka, but not like I can make myself care too awful much about what has been happening in this game lately.

If you can't tell the difference between meta and usefulness I can't help you, just leave me alone from this point forward.

Two of my shardmates are running very different zVader teams and have no issue reaching #1 daily. Literally nobody cares about the perceived meta—just do what you gotta do and stop complaining.
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Just imagine if she had Jedi as a class, then Zeta QGJ would be fun... no one is raging about no Jedi class -_-

They gave her younger self the nightsister tag simply because she teamed up in the cartoon series with Ventress but they're not giving her adult version a jedi tag just for the sake of synergies / variety / whatever because she's not a Jedi anymore ehm okay...I don't recall her ever being a nightsister either but if her younger self can have that tag because she teamed up with Ventress why can't her adult self have the Jedi tag for teaming up with Kanan, Ezra...

Because she literally said "I am no Jedi" shes basically a neutral force user, just because a toon has a lightsaber doesnt specify them to Sith/Jedi, same goes for Ventress and Kylo

Sure you're absolutely right and i don't really care if they have the sith or jedi tag as long as they have some sort of synergy with them. Younger Ahsoka teamed up with Ventress so she has a leadership ability that applies to nightsisters, where's the logic in that? She should have a synergy with maybe Ventress but that's about it not that it bothers me it's with the whole nightsister faction.

Taking that into account Fulcrum Ahsoka should too have a synergy with jedis just for helping them in star wars rebels. Same goes for Ventress who was Doku's aprentice which was a sith so why doesn't she have a synergy with him at least. Sure she's not a sith but was trained in their arts. Kylo Ren is not a sith right now either but we can all agree that's the path he's on and he'll become one in the future films for sure then what they'll just update his tags?

I get them trying to keep things as accurate as possible with the canon events but then don't make exceptions.
  • Options
    She spins in a cirle with lightsabers out to each side and hits all at once. Kinda like the multihit Phoenix toon
  • nulami
    99 posts Member
    Options
    Thiff wrote: »
    June char - darth Jar Jar

Oh how I wish you are right!
  • anonidude
    703 posts Member
    Options
    Where did fulcrum ahsoka's leadership go?

Snips was so promising as a young padawa with a basic special unique and leadership. But time apparently was not kind to ahsoka who lost her leadership skills in the cantinas of the outer rim...
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    The results are in from the Empire faction Pass
    The empire got:
    1 Veers Zeta, nothing special, subpar in raids, not arena viable
    1 trooper rework, amounted to about not much
    1 Stormtrooper Zeta, tested, not amounting to anything
    1 Very underwhelming Tarkin Zeta and rework, nothing arena, Raid tbd
    1 very powerful R2D2
    1 Expose change manorly buffing Resistance,
    1 Fulcrom Ahsoka with self cleanse, Dot immunity, up to 11 attacks, and works great with Chaze, complete meta character. Already makes tarkin less effect before he is even released.

The Empire got an awesome pass. Not.
  • Options
    The empire got:
    1 very powerful R2D2
    1 Fulcrom Ahsoka with self cleanse, Dot immunity, up to 11 attacks, and works great with Chaze, complete meta character. Already makes tarkin less effect before he is even released.

I'll just copy something that I posted in an other thread :smile:

You forgot the most important thing this pass has brought: The perfect rebuttal to be used by devs and Chaze fans to any complaint or cries for balance. "shut up already, you just had an amazing, extensive empire pass, now is the time for rebels". Look, there are already plenty of posts like this. THIS WAS THE PURPOSE OF THE PASS FROM THE START.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    The empire got:
    1 very powerful R2D2

+100000000
  • Options
    The empire got:
    1 very powerful R2D2

Yup
  • Options
    The empire got:
    1 very powerful R2D2

Have you been on the Empire Players Thread? If not you should be.
  • Options
    The empire got:
    1 very powerful R2D2

Well I've been and I agree with him. Also people in the empire thread also agree that it was a terrible pass after the Tarkin rework and the Ahsoka release. So I don't understand your point.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Is this the June "fan favourite"?
  • Options
    Clash2Far wrote: »
    It might be mentioned here but I haven't seen it. What's the reasoning behind no Phoenix tag? Legit can't wrap my brain around it.

She's OP without the Phoenix Squadron. And they say that the Phoenix Squadron is a strong almost meta team. With her it would be Meta like Zaul and Wiggs/Chaze
  • Options
    Just stop with the Sith, Rebels, Empire and Droids.

give some love too geo, NS, res, First Order, Tuskens and BH.

and please give me Bossk and give him Taunt the Bounty Hunters need a Taunt char and who better than Bossk!
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    JalenVane wrote: »
    It might be mentioned here but I haven't seen it. What's the reasoning behind no Phoenix tag? Legit can't wrap my brain around it.

She's OP without the Phoenix Squadron. And they say that the Phoenix Squadron is a strong almost meta team. With her it would be Meta like Zaul and Wiggs/Chaze

Yeah, her unique would be broken if shared with all of Phoenix, especially in conjunction with Kanan. Any debuff that landed would heal them from Kanan's unique and then they'd cleanse at the end of their turn by trading that health back with Ahsoka's. It would in practice be a nearly free debuff immunity. In this case balance has to win out over tags that may make sense.

As for all the Rebel hate, I have to point out that the meta right now, in reality, isn't rebels. It isn't even Chaze. It's protect the Nihilus. His usage rate is absurd and he functions in any team. Now it is true that GK and Chaze have very high usage rates as well, but that's precisely because they do a great job at protecting the currently best character in the game, who is a Sith.

That's not to say Empire specifically didn't get hosed in this whole deal, they definitely did. But let's not pretend the dark side on the whole isn't still in it here.

In this current state of super duos and powerful characters that can fit anywhere it seems the only thing that may restore balance is to start incentivizing faction specific play.
  • Options
    The empire got:
    1 very powerful R2D2

Yes, I am, and on our empire discord channel.
    I don't think anyone on either is pleased with Faux Empire Rework. They are releasing a counter to the reworked Tarkin 2 days after his release. How is that good? The newer empire characters have been given the slowest farms too.
    Krennic and Shore are both 1 hard node. DT is a hard Cantina node. Baze is the only rebel that is hard farm, and at 3stars he is 100% top arena viable. Same can't be said about any of the empire chars. Sure you can use shore at 3 Stars, but he dies very fast, and is only for initial taunt.

The empire community is not happy. This pass should have offered a counter to Chaze or triple cleanse. Triple cleanse + Debuff immunity literally makes any empire based team using debuffs useless.
  • Options
    Secondly the Veers rework has been tested with Zeta, barely viable in arena, not meta worthy, and the Stormtrooper zeta has been tested by Aero, and after the first day he said to "NOT zeta stormtrooper" that the expected effect was barely noticeable. So it's not like these things haven't been tested.
    I personally have tested Krennic, DT based teams in arena and there is no team that it can be reliably at all.

Our gripes come from a place of, we tested it, and wasted out investment on these characters. That even maxed and zeta'd they are cut-rate. So when we see Tarkin rework not bringing anything to make empire viable, we are frustrated.

The Empire did not gain any viability in any facet of the game during it's rework. We did see 2 great OP rebels come out, who both cleanse, and are great when paired with Chaze, and let's not even start on those 2...
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    The empire got:
    1 very powerful R2D2

I have to agree wholeheartedly with this. As someone who's spent plenty on building the dark side for the past 5 months, aside from DN/SA/ST the other enhancements have been less than impressive.
  • Options
    Did anyone catch when these two will be released/take effect?
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Push2Stops wrote: »
    Did anyone catch when these two will be released/take effect?

As far as I know, no date has been mentioned.
  • Options
    Dam. All I want is Revan (Jedi, Sith, neutral or all)
    That would be dope.
  • Options
    Another rebel?! An a duplicate of a character we already have, from a cartoon no less.Yawn. More dark side characters please, they should delve more into KOTOR like they did with Nihilus. This will be another pass for me. I have spent a dime since Darth nihilus. I'm tired of rebels
  • Options
    I'd say they are going to lock her up behind some sort of investment in Ships. Making her so over the top was to make us all want to clamor for her no matter our fan affiliations.

All I can say is that I'm coming up on my 3rd zeta and I'm putting it on Vader. Was gearing up Rogue One team, but triple cleanse plus zeta investment is too high (at least 2 in order to be tough enough.)

zVader, Palpatine, Sith Assassin, Boba Fett....somebody not GK, R2, or Fulcrum. Watch as their tricks don't get a penny invested in ships or chasing what they are pushing.
  • Options
    She won't be clamored by everybody since only teams with buffs can use her. Like most great LS toons they can only be used by LS teams, while the opposite does not apply.
  • Galaxy9
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Patch notes: Fulcrum means fulcrum Ashoka is coming on Star Wars anniversary 25th may
  • Options
    fascizio wrote: »

Yeah, her unique would be broken if shared with all of Phoenix, especially in conjunction with Kanan. Any debuff that landed would heal them from Kanan's unique and then they'd cleanse at the end of their turn by trading that health back with Ahsoka's. It would in practice be a nearly free debuff immunity. In this case balance has to win out over tags that may make sense.

As for all the Rebel hate, I have to point out that the meta right now, in reality, isn't rebels. It isn't even Chaze. It's protect the Nihilus. His usage rate is absurd and he functions in any team. Now it is true that GK and Chaze have very high usage rates as well, but that's precisely because they do a great job at protecting the currently best character in the game, who is a Sith.

That's not to say Empire specifically didn't get hosed in this whole deal, they definitely did. But let's not pretend the dark side on the whole isn't still in it here.

In this current state of super duos and powerful characters that can fit anywhere it seems the only thing that may restore balance is to start incentivizing faction specific play.

You are so right my friend. Lets see how the game goes on from now on!
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    fascizio wrote: »

You do realize that one of the main reason for DN superior usage to the ones of Chaze or GK is his availability ? As soon as more people will get Baze and GK their usage will be greatly raised. Also DN is great only when used with the right toons, like Ahsoka will be, unlike Chaze or GK that are great standalone toons.
    Post edited by danflorian1984 on
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Two of my shardmates are running very different zVader teams and have no issue reaching #1 daily. Literally nobody cares about the perceived meta—just do what you gotta do and stop complaining.

In my shard 5 squads in the top 10 use Chaze, 9 in the Top 20. The complete Rogue One squad (at G8, L80, power rating 30-35k) easily competes with squads that use G10 L80-85 DS toons with power rating of 40k+.
  • Options
    I have not a single Zader team in top 20. In top 10 I have 5 Rex leads, 2 Wedge leads, 1 Jyn lead, and 2 Zaul leads. Soon the 2 Zaul leads will dissapear because somehow this is CG, and some posters, definition of a healthy game.