Changes to Asajj/Acolyte Strategy in STR MEGA THREAD

Replies

• Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    aperingo wrote: »
    Can someone explains how this mechanic works? I don't have Traya, but is nice to know what I have been missing...

You use zeta Asajj lead, Acolyte, Traya, R2, Hoda. Traya isolates the raid boss and acolyte keeps using her basic attack against the raid boss. Acolyte will gain 100% turn meter every turn and remove turn meter from the raid boss. She just loops infinitely using her basic attack.

But she only gets 100% TM by healing to full health first. Where does she get the full heal from? She only gets 20% HP on a critical hit.

Edit: I guess it's the health steal-up from Isolate? I didn't realize that health-steal-up could replenish full health. This is the solution CG. Remove that buff from Traya's isolate on raid bosses. Don't break everything else.

AND FIX THE CRUD REWARDS ON LOWER TIERS!!!
  • Url_Enako
    31 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I would hardly call it ‘infinate’... plus if you aren’t careful you can kill the whole squad doing it! Which seems like a perfectly acceptable response to using it imo.

I’m afraid that they’ll screw up the tried and true established P4 technique... then this raid will be all about jtr as opposed to NS. So again, way to go whiners! Ruin something for one squad just means it gives it away to another one.

Aah this has to do with Traya! Why even bother calling it a NS issue at all!
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    So will this also screw the Asajj lead all nightsister team as well? Or just the Traya one?
  • Glauron
    56 posts Member
    Problem - Acolyte / Traya / AsajjL interaction creates infinite loops. Solution - Nerf Asajj leadership into the ground. After all, it's not like there are any other teams that make this raid actually fun that use her leadership.

Either way CG is in trouble. Nerf Asajj - destroys P4 team and people want zetas returned (I would!!). Nerf Traya - flagship of raid is weaker and rage commences.

There are two solutions that I can see being okay:
    1) Nerf isolate interaction with raid bosses (no health steal) - this will not affect Traya in arena, and would directly counter this build. No collateral damage, problem solved, most people happy as it prevents 7* players dominating raid
    2) Nerf acolyte - drop steal % chance, lower double-hit to a % (like 80%). Something that would keep her useful but prevent infinite loops. Maybe even buff (what?) her in another way to compensate, like a bit more speed or damage.
  • EAS wrote: »
    And i hope you guys dont screw NS up

You are known to "fix" things breaking 3 more... battlefront 1(?) Battlefront 2 (?) Swgoh (?) ...**** 3 EA games doing the same lol

Oh, don't worry, they will nerf the mechanics for NS in P4.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    So will this also screw the Asajj lead all nightsister team as well? Or just the Traya one?

My money is this being an excuse to nerf asajj lead.

EDIT: And, if so, this will put me & many others at an extreme disadvantage in HSTR =(
  • a poorly thought out mechanic (isolate) is reacting with an obviously poorly tested mechanic (bonds of weakness) to create a problem in a poorly designed raid. we call that a trifecta.
  • I like how everyone, unilaterally, knows this is gonna end up with assaj lead being nerfed! XD

You go CG! #letsgoanakinonthesetuskens
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Sounds good, but if NS can't do their usual damage in P4 like always then I'm done with this game. Wording is a bit worrying actually but hopefully nothing
  • Viserys wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I don't understand them wanting to fix this. I think being able to kind of sort of beat most of one character from one phase with a team that requires the raid reward character at 7* is absurd. If you have 7* Treya then you spent months beating it the hard way. Getting a little relief by autoing most of 1/12 of the raid is not unreasonable. I fully support any rioting/looting due to this petty change.

They've always made it clear that they won't stand for infinite loops in the game, and this fits the bill pretty close.

But if they ruin AV's leadership to fix this, I'll be livid.

What is „infinite“? Today I attacked a Traya lead team in arena and after 2 minutes it was my CLS against opponents DN. For 3 minutes I watched CLS taking turns, attacking, stunning, removing TM ... DN didn’t take a turn at all. But due to his unique zeta and Traya lead he became immortal. This could have gone forever. Infinite if it wasn’t for the time limit. The game is full of deadlocks.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I like how everyone, unilaterally, knows this is gonna end up with assaj lead being nerfed! XD

Honestly... it has nothing to do with knowing... it's reviewing the track record & coming to a logical conclusion.

The STR feedback thread alone shows CG has neither the players or health of the game at heart.
  • CLSJedi
    111 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Just Nerf everything we do to complete it make it impossible to finish. Everything we find to help us they take away. At point do the players just get fed up and walk away! This is just getting ridiculous!!! This raid is so RNG depended which is why it sucks and absolutely zero fun.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    locodiel wrote: »
    Viserys wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I don't understand them wanting to fix this. I think being able to kind of sort of beat most of one character from one phase with a team that requires the raid reward character at 7* is absurd. If you have 7* Treya then you spent months beating it the hard way. Getting a little relief by autoing most of 1/12 of the raid is not unreasonable. I fully support any rioting/looting due to this petty change.

They've always made it clear that they won't stand for infinite loops in the game, and this fits the bill pretty close.

But if they ruin AV's leadership to fix this, I'll be livid.

What is „infinite“? Today I attacked a Traya lead team in arena and after 2 minutes it was my CLS against opponents DN. For 3 minutes I watched CLS taking turns, attacking, stunning, removing TM ... DN didn’t take a turn at all. But due to his unique zeta and Traya lead he became immortal. This could have gone forever. Infinite if it wasn’t for the time limit. The game is full of deadlocks.

How does DN unique zeta play into this? The only thing that would do anything on CLS' turn is the "At the start of each enemy turn, Nihilus inflicts Health Down on them for 2 turns" which doesn't seem to do anything new under DT lead.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FspDLrPiRgw This is video where technic is explained. And in this video stated, that NS acolite has a small chance to go out of stealth and then fun is over. So, CG, please explain, how you can call something that have chance be breaken "INFINITE" loop??? Do you know meaning of this word? It mean something that can last forever, but with smallest chance to be interrupted calling it INFINITE is obvious lie. Why you lie to us, CG? Waiting for answer with impatience @CG_SBCrumb
  • This isn't even a 'minimal' impact to the game. It is literally NO impact on what these guilds are getting. Heroic raids are over in a matter of hours. They take more tickets than can be generated in a day. All that's happening is the raid is getting finished quicker, perhaps marginally so if at all (because let's be honest, there are things that hit harder than Acolyte, this is probably slower than the guild just clearing it), but it's not netting ANYONE more gear in a higher cadence than they "should be getting" because a guild at 50 people is still capped at 30k tix a day.

It's literally a ZERO impact issue. Put this novelty bug on your to do list for the next patch, and start paying attention to problems that actually affect the game and the player base.
  • Fair enough, we still have those fantastic rewards to look forward to in any case don't we....after a full weeks hammering away we have a plethora of rare gear to apply to our toons and those guild tokens, oh the veritable bounty of tokens.

Oh hang on, we weren't doing heroic were we.....never mind.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Seriously, if theyre going to start nerfing (fixing) every toon that does good, i want the money back i spent on them. They can roll that character back. This is getting ridiculous
  • This is unacceptable - they have completely misidentified the problem. It's not an Asajj/Acolyte issue, it's an issue with ISOLATE. If they nerf NS over this they are just proving they don't understand the problem. The fix needs to be on ISOLATE not on NS. Anything else is unacceptable and we should all have pitchforks ready.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    This is unacceptable - they have completely misidentified the problem. It's not an Asajj/Acolyte issue, it's an issue with ISOLATE. If they nerf NS over this they are just proving they don't understand the problem. The fix needs to be on ISOLATE not on NS. Anything else is unacceptable and we should all have pitchforks ready.

It wouldn't prove that they don't understand the problem: it would prove that they haven't like the NS interaction with the raid to begin with, so they're using this as an excuse to push their way.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

@JacenRoe -- it's no longer 1/12 of the raid. It's a 48m point team clearing p3 and DN in p4
  • Muelann
    20 posts Member
    Apparently, it is,against the law to create a team that can defeat a phase in Sith raid. Why not just call it the nerf raid? Can't remember playing any game that included this kind of conduct. Whole thing is laughable.
  • Url_Enako
    31 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I like how everyone, unilaterally, knows this is gonna end up with assaj lead being nerfed! XD

For starters, how about the fact that it’s being called an “Asajj/Acolyte Strategy”. From my understanding, it’s not possible without Traya, but she’s nowhere to be found in the announcement. Not even worth a mention?
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    aperingo wrote: »
    Can someone explains how this mechanic works? I don't have Traya, but is nice to know what I have been missing...

https://youtu.be/FspDLrPiRgw
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »
    And yet we are still waiting for a resolution to the BAD rewards from T1 to T6 of this raid... :'(

There was a resolution. The answer was no.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Goodness, all this grief from a bunch of people that couldn't even do this anyway. It's like being upset with Bentley because they decided to remove cup holders. You dont have Bentley so no worries.
  • KenLi
    55 posts Member
    Just leave it alone CG folks. There's no way you can 'fix' this without breaking something else. 2+ years of experience breaking things when trying to 'fix' something that doesn't really matter should have taught you to leave it be.
  • People aren’t upset about it being changed as much as they are afraid they will break the ns team for P4. I only commented because I enjoy the fact they can crank out fixes like no ones business when it affects them. But if it benefits them the fix will be completed when they get to it.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    You feel the need to jump and fix this get you can't be bothered to fix the rewards for lower tiers?
  • The game truly is like gambling. The house has the advantage and when someone figures out a way to even the odds they send out the security team to make sure they know they won’t be taken advantage of.
This discussion has been closed.